The Recruitment War (Reruitment Guide)

5 minutes ago, Onestep said:

To be honest, the fact that we can recruit so many characters purely through B supports is enough of a blessing for me.

I do understand though since  you could concentrate on upping your skills for three or four students while shower the rest with gifts but I read somewhere that students you B rank will only ask you once a month. I have mixed reports about this so I wonder if it feasible to do majority of them through support. 

Edited by Ririn

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Ririn said:

I do understand though since  you could concentrate on upping your skills for three or four students while shower the rest with gifts but I read somewhere that students you B rank will only ask you once a month. I have mixed reports about this so I wonder if it feasible to do majority of them through support. 

This is true. I can confirm, it is only once a month. This means that you can only recruit as many students as you have months, though I haven't yet checked if it's possible to recruit a student in the first month.

I can also confirm that there is no limit to how many characters you can recruit through skills, though. I recruited Lystheia, Annette, and Leonie all on the same day, and I'd already recruited Marianne earlier that month through supports.

I believe this also works for special recruits like Sylvain, but I'm not sure?

Edited by dragonlordsd

45 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

This is true. I can confirm, it is only once a month. This means that you can only recruit as many students as you have months, though I haven't yet checked if it's possible to recruit a student in the first month.

If you could, how many months

Spoiler

could we have available pre-timeskip to recruit students through support? I am estimating around 8 at the maximum? Since you have to minus the first two chapters and it will probably take time to to reach to B. 

I don't know. I'm not sure when the earliest you can recruit is. I THINK it's possible in the first month, but maybe only for specific individuals (ie, those whose meal preferences and such match your options and the earliest available gifts are preferred)

Obviously, females get Sylvain for free, but I don't know if he counts against your monthly quota.

I'm playing on the Blue Lions route and I'm having a really hard time actually recruiting other students. I'm on pre-timeskip Chapter 7 and so far the only student I've recruited is Marianne. I have a TON of C-level supports (Dorothea, Bernadetta, Caspar, Petra, Raphael, Ignatz, Leonie...) but apparently I don't have the required skills to actually recruit them. Some of them are supposedly close, but it seems like they want WAY too much. I feel like I'm gonna miss out on a ton of students here. Any advice? And any advice on how to get Hilda?

2 hours ago, Ririn said:

If you could, how many months

Reveal hidden contents

could we have available pre-timeskip to recruit students through support? I am estimating around 8 at the maximum? Since you have to minus the first two chapters and it will probably take time to to reach to B. 

The answer to your question is rather difficult to answer without spoiling much, but:

Spoiler

The length of time you have pre-skip actually differs depending on the route.

Also, I got the prompt to recruit Alois in February and was able to recruit him immediately. Seteth automatically joined (no need to hit recruit) after a very spoileriffic moment.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Ok I have recruited the following so far on my Black Eagles run (in chapter 7 atm):

Sylvain - automatic since I'm playing f!byleth

Lysithea - had to get B level support and was able to use the Recruit command on her w/ 17+ magic and C level faith

Annette - same as above. 

Ignatz - joined right away once I got him to C level support. I had very high dex and authority previously.

Felix - joined after I got him to B level support w/ high sword and speed.

Right now I have Ingrid, Ashe, and Marianne at B level support but they have not approached me yet. I can't recruit them normally yet. Will be working on leveling lance to get Leonie since it seems her B level support is story locked.

1 hour ago, Moonlit Knight said:

The answer to your question is rather difficult to answer without spoiling much, but:

Thanks for the info. This would be difficult to schedule afterall. I know some people did manage to recruit them all but I suppose it's a mixed of good luck in terms of stats, grinding for some skills and getting only a handful of them to B. 

4 hours ago, Ririn said:

4 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I can confirm for you that multiple students can approach you in a month if you have B-support with them. The event is just random and can be triggered on any week day and you can soft reset every week until a student aprouches you. The best and easiest soft reset weeks are where you don't have to instruct your group, so that would be the first week after finishing a chapter(You do however have to skip the cutscenes to make the process faster and you may lose out on getting one or two support points this way) the last few days before the end of the month where you have to do your mission and sometimes the third week of the month because there are no lessons so you don't have to instruct your students. Soft resetting on the weeks where you give lessons to your students are the most annoying ones especially if you are a high proffesor rank and you want to change groups or instruct manually, it can eat a lot of time so you might want to choose auto to speed up this process, though I don't really recommend doing auto ever. With these methods I had my last 5 students approach me in the last month on the black eagle route.

3 hours ago, UltimateOtaku said:

So is Hilda actually unrecruitable for BE route? 

The black eagle route has 2 routes. She can only be recruited on the "default route" and only after the holy tomb battle in chapter 12. Which is the last month that you can recruit anyone on the default route. On the other route you have one less month to recruit anyone.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm playing on the Blue Lions route and I'm having a really hard time actually recruiting other students. I'm on pre-timeskip Chapter 7 and so far the only student I've recruited is Marianne. I have a TON of C-level supports (Dorothea, Bernadetta, Caspar, Petra, Raphael, Ignatz, Leonie...) but apparently I don't have the required skills to actually recruit them. Some of them are supposedly close, but it seems like they want WAY too much. I feel like I'm gonna miss out on a ton of students here. Any advice? And any advice on how to get Hilda?

At chapter 7 your stats might just no be high enough. You need B-rank weapon rank and around 18-20 in the stat without a support, with C-rank support the requirements become C-rank weapon and 13-15 in the given stat. With B-rank support it becomes D-rank weapon and probably 10 in the given stat. Hilda requires charm and axe weapon. Also can you confirm for me if for hilda the recruit option is available for you? If not you might have to wait until the last month before timeskip for it to appear.

3 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Thanks for the info. This would be difficult to schedule afterall. I know some people did manage to recruit them all but I suppose it's a mixed of good luck in terms of stats, grinding for some skills and getting only a handful of them to B. 

It is actually rather easy to B-rank them if you are a high proffesor level. I was A+ proffesor rank in the last month before timeskip and I B-ranked many students in one day wich I had no support rank with. Eat food with the student and get a perfect Tea time with them(save before inviting for tea, because they might refuse you) and give them gifts they like. Singing in the choir. 

Thanks for the info everyone, I got an update! On chapter 9 I was able to recruit everyone but hilda, so it is more then possible to recruit everyone on one playthrough with no new game+ WITHOUT the b-support method on the BE route. The hardest one to recruit for me ended up being felix, even with C in swords, and Raphael cuz i only was at D armour. Tea helps a lot, if you get a perfect AND their favorite tea blend, it speeds up the process heavily. Also if you want to find which lost items go to who, or liked gifts go to the rpgsite.net as they already got a bunch of info, and it seems to be right so far. Also I will update the guide once im done with the BE route, so it will be a bit.

5 minutes ago, Deatheggx56 said:

On chapter 9 I was able to recruit everyone but hilda,

But according to some people Leonie B support is story locked? Also, congrats on the success. My problem with BL route would be Ferdinand (who according to people are having a hard time triggering his B support.)

1 minute ago, Ririn said:

But according to some people Leonie B support is story locked? Also, congrats on the success. My problem with BL route would be Ferdinand (who according to people are having a hard time triggering his B support.)

Ferdinand’s B support is locked until after the time skip. Caspar’s is, too.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Since Hilda seems the hardest to recruit, shouldn't we be using each support on her early game? I know she can be picked in all first "mission" sessions and you can at least talk to her once... also, seems like F!Builth has an easier time to bond, I get better messages early then I got with the Male counterpart.

51 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Yeah but she's not that hard to recruit. Just get Lance C and whatever stat she wants. I just recruited her at the start of chapter 8.

59 minutes ago, Deatheggx56 said:

On chapter 9 I was able to recruit everyone but hilda

Haven't tested this out yet, but according to this post at GameFAQs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/204445-fire-emblem-three-houses/77891111/925209003

It looks like a combination of a B support and the proper Str and Axe level is needed to recruit her.

34 minutes ago, bufkus said:

Yeah but she's not that hard to recruit. Just get Lance C and whatever stat she wants. I just recruited her at the start of chapter 8.

I suppose I'll do the same with Casper then. Now it seems that I really need to invest on Armor for Ferdinand. 

Thanks everyone for your input. This will make my planning more easier. 😂 

Edited by Ririn

22 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I'm trying to recruit Caspar, and I have to get skills in Brawling and strength? Is it clear what the specific ranks are in order to recruit him?

If you have C rank with him, Str 15 or more / Brawling C according to some people. 

Edited by Ririn

I don't know if it's spoiler, but beware of what I'm going to say maybe it's a spoil for you. 

Spoiler

So in the Black Eagle path ; when I fought Lysithea I had a choice to recruit her or to kill her ; so yeah I've managed to have her. 

I wonder why only her and not the others I've fought? I spared every students I could but for nothing in the end as the others are avoidable but not recruitable after time skip, while others are bosses. 

There is a chapter where we fight Seteth and Flayn ; I've managed to kill Flayn then went back in time and managed to have her flee the battle instead by having Byleth fighting her. I've thought it would trigger some conditions to recruit her again.. But no, it didn't do anything. 

So does anyone have seen this with other characters? Is it because they were recruitable before time skip but missed them so they can be saved later? 

Edited by Metakirby

Lol. I didn't even notice I recruited almost all of the Black Eagles. Not counting Edelgard and Hubert (because I assume he can't be recruited) the only Black Eagles I don't have are Bernadetta and Ferdinand. And honestly, I've been wanting to steal them too but I think I'll refrain. I have enough trouble managing my current students as is.

I wonder if the second mock battle will really just have the Black Eagles side with only four units or if my units will just temporarily desert from GD. I hope it's the former because that'd be sad but funny to see.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

It seems like B support does further lower skill requirements to recruit characters. I don't know if it's possible to A-support a character without recruiting them, so some testing will be needed on that.

It is excellent to know that there isn't a cap on B-support recruits, though, obviously, some characters cannot be B-supported in time to recruit them.

Due to the fact that you can't really customize Byleth's stats at all, and I haven't seen any reports on male female differences, it seems that some characters are much easier than others.

Characters you get with NO effort:

Felix - Byleth's strong in swords, you start with swords, and unless you choose to be a cavalier or an armor, your speed should be 15-20 by the time you hit level 17 or so, depending on how lucky you are. So, no real effort needed here.

Ignatz - Same thing. My Dex was above 20 at level 20, you're strong in authority, and it takes no effort to grind it out. Just slap Geralt's mercenaries on Byleth and wait.

Characters that require little effort:

Leonie - I WAS able to get her with D+ rank lances, but my strength was 22, so it seems really high stats can offset skills a bit. I think. Still not sure on this one. Anyway, there are three lance tutors, so it's easy to get trained up in lances. Strength is generally byleth's highest stat, so that makes it easy.

Caspar - More difficult, since there're less brawling instructors, but I assume it follows the same principles.

Characters that are EXTREMELY difficult:

Marianne - Marianne wants magic (Byleth's worst stat) and Riding. Magic is hard enough. I invested in it fully, and had my Byleth promote to a monk at level 5, and a mage at level 10. At level 20, my magic was... 15. My strength was 22. As a mage. I had to use a spirit dust to get any recruits with it. Riding adds the additional difficulty in that it can't be used by any of the second tier classes, so you can't even start grinding it unless you've already advanced it to at least D+, and on top of that you'd need to have lances at D+ too. Overall, promoting Byleth to a calvalry or flier seems really, really tough.

Ingrid - Ingrid wants flying and, notably, she's the only character in the game who wants flying. So, if you invest in flying (as opposed to armor or riding), it can only be used for her, adding to a massive opportunity cost. Fortunately, the only stat she wants is Dex, so that's not a problem.

Edited by dragonlordsd