The Recruitment War (Reruitment Guide)

42 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

For whatever reason, the true BE path is six chapters/months shorter than the others.

Yep, and I really dont know why, as the story at the end is hinting hard at more story, but there just isn't.

Also iv updated the guide a bit, there is more thay needs to be updated, but im take a brake for a day since iv been playing all week long, 18 hours long on my first day because im insane.

Edited by Deatheggx56
Spelling

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Alexios Blake said:

About the recruitment of the teachers is it true that Catherine isn’t recruitable in the BE path?

Yep, she is pretty faithful to the church, so no recruitment on that path, I dont know about the BL or GD however.

Edited by Deatheggx56
Spelling

14 minutes ago, timon said:

Does the game ever give an actual reason as to why Hilda won't join Edelgard (backstory or whatever)?

Also has someone tried to "cheese it" by having a B support and having her ask instead?

I actually tried geting her to b support during my playthrough, but ended up being to late, plus at the time did not even know about the b supoort method, I tried it on new game+ with Lorenz so I know for sure it works on "normal" characters.

41 minutes ago, timon said:

Does the game ever give an actual reason as to why Hilda won't join Edelgard (backstory or whatever)?

Also has someone tried to "cheese it" by having a B support and having her ask instead?

After the Holy Tomb incident, on a GD run, she will tell you how glad she is that she’s with the Golden Deer since she doesn’t want any part of what Edelgard’s doing, and she’s extremely put off by Dimitri’s ax-craziness after the big reveal.

I think it’s more that she has a “why can’t we all just get along!?!” attitude.

No clue on teachers, but students "only" require B support. You can get several a month, just got Ingrid and Mercedes. Not in the same week though. Any one got Hilda early on with the B trick?

Got Hilda to B before Lonato fight. But after four reload, still no request to join my side.

What is the earliest chapter she joined for everyone? Trying to get her to A support and try more... to bad she won't accept gifts.

Edited by SSJDennis

So I've had lystheia and marianne at b support for like 4 months and they aren't coming to ask to be in my class, I know it's supposedly a 25% chance (and I've restarted multiple weeks) but this is angering me, I thought b support overrode skill requirements, is that no longer the case.

Blue lions route btw

Edited by Wolfen09

Is Dorothea harder to recruit on Blue Lions? Byleth has a C support with her, Authority is C+, Byleth's charm is 18 (20 with the Blue Lions brooch), and Dorothea still doesn't want to join (though apparently she is very interested). I'm playing F!Byleth if that makes any difference.

I recruited her with like 20+ charm, c support,and a c in authority (while I had your issue before 20+ charm without bracelet), but I was at my cousin's place today and he got her with like 17 charm no bracelet, c authority and c support.  We both on blue lions and I was like wtf.  Maybe it's a %chacne the higher ur stuff the better chance

Edited by Wolfen09

24 minutes ago, Wolfen09 said:

I recruited her with like 20+ charm, c support,and a c in authority (while I had your issue before 20+ charm without bracelet), but I was at my cousin's place today and he got her with like 17 charm no bracelet, c authority and c support.  We both on blue lions and I was like wtf.  Maybe it's a %chacne the higher ur stuff the better chance

That is a great observation. The fact that it’s a percentage chance would explain so, so much.

I ended up being able to recruit casper without going out of my way to do so, unlike all the others that i was able to recruit, i had a c in brawling and about 24 strwngh at the time, ywt felix wouldnt join my house until i got him to a b support despite my b rank in swords and 24 speed

Just now, SSJDennis said:

Shamir requires lv.15

Can Leonie be recruited with support, because her B isn't loading for me...

Her b support unlocks not long before the timeskip as long as you pay attention when it unlocks you shouldnt have trouble

8 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Shamir requires lv.15

Can Leonie be recruited with support, because her B isn't loading for me...

Leonie was recruited for me with 22 str, a D+ in lances, and a c+ in support

I've found that if you go into the share a meal menu and hit x on a character it will show the support level, and some show a + next to it meaning you're close to the next level.  For whatever reason it doesn't show on the actual support screen

I'm at the end of chap11, I managed to recruit everyone by 2/22, which I think may be the cut date for recruitment pre time-skip.

I searched but did not find good information on how to recruit all students on the GD route, which is surprising because it has its quirks that I'm pretty sure are route specific. I wanted to share some of the things I learned as true in my game, I think they will apply to your game as well but eh, I might be wrong. Anyway, here is what I learned along the way:

General advice

• Overleveling your Byleth a little bit is not a bad idea. It's easy to have your strong units be overleveled compared to your army, doing it with Byleth will help increase his stats which is a requirement for recruitment. Just don't overdo it 🙂
  • Professor level matters, the sooner you get a high prof level, the sooner you have more activity points than you actually need. This is important because you'll need those activity point to grind certain skills in faculty training to recruit the last students. In chapter 9 there is a fishing event where you can fish 2 to 4 fish at the same time, each fish is counted separately for your professor xp, so if you accumulate bait and you are ready to grind all your bait on chapter 9, you can get a really high amount of points. I went from B to A professor rating during chapter 9 because of this trick.

• You can get asked by students to join your house if you have a B-Support rating with them, this can even be done voluntarily with save-scumming. Don't stress this much, I had this happen with 2 characters only, you can just ask them every week, at B-rating they relax their requirements quite a bit so it's easy to recruit them.

• Buy all the gifts (2 shops with gift, both can be unlocked as early as chap5 by finishing a quest that involves fighting), find all the lost items, every month. Prioritize giving the gifts to the students you pursue that have a lower support level than B.

GD-Specific advices

• Ferdinand is a problem. Ferdinand has a time gate on its B-support rating with you. I am not sure when the time gating end, but it ends after 2/22 so you can't rely on him being at B-support level. This is problematic because Ferdinand requires DEX and Heavy Armor. DEX shouldn't be an issue, I was at 23 without trying. At worst check your inventory you maybe have permanent stat boosting items available for dexterity (I had 2). Heavy Armor will likely be an issue, you probably did not train that one on Byleth. Alois and Gilbert are your go-to guys for Heavy Armor training, you can save-scum to get "great" instead of "good" when doing the faculty training, which can help if you are really strapped for time. Start working on Ferdinand early, on my game he refused to be recruited before I got to a D+ rating in Heavy Armor, which takes a while since the base is E rating for Byleth.

• Caspar is also a problem. This is exactly the same issue as Ferdinand, he is time gated on his support and you can't reach B-level. Caspar requires STR + Brawl. Unless you got screwed heavily on STR, you should be OK I was at 18 when I managed to recruit him. For Brawl that's another skill you probably did not level =/ your go-to gals for Brawl are Catherine and Rhea, I think I managed to nab Caspar at a D rating in Brawl (might have been D+, don't have my nswitch to verify)

So Ferdinand and Caspar made me sweat a bit but the rest was very straightforward. Hope this information will help some people 🙂 

Update on the Dorothea situation: She finally agreed to transfer after Byleth reached 20 charm. Now having a similar issue with Lysithea (15 mag, C Reason, C support, game says they're really interested) so judging by what I've read here it seems incredibly likely that recruitment is ultimately based on RNG, with the chances being improved by higher stats.

Recruited everyone but Hilda in the BE route. Only leveled up the relevant skills faith/swords/lance/authority with the avatar.

Made everyone C support, and all the ones that need any skill that i didnt level up B support with gifts. Is possible to recruit everyone easily if you dump your money in gifts, return all lost items and always plant flower seeds.  Is okay to neglect your students in the activities, i only focused on support for other houses. Using lost items alone for motivation and exploring as much as possible.

Also saving bait for Fistful of fish is a great way to lvl up professor level.

First playthrough atm, should be super easy once you get to NG+. Hilda is my only question mark, since you cant gift anything to her.  I'm pre timeskip doing a bunch of paralogues atm.

7 minutes ago, 1nfest said:

Hilda is my only question mark, since you cant gift anything to her.  I'm pre timeskip doing a bunch of paralogues atm.

Apparently you can't recruit Hilda on the BE route :>) You can on the BL route, but it's not easy.

So for my two cents, I decided to try and get all my supports up, and not develop Byleth much. As luck would have it, I managed to get most of the students to a B support in a single month, month 10. In month 11, I had two ask to join, and despite over an hour of save/reset/etc I could not get more than two students ask to join my house in a single month. While it could be RNG, it seems to be a limit of two students asking to join you in a month; if anyone has had more, I'd LOVE to be wrong on that. 

Asking students to join my house, I was able to recruit Ignatz (I had a C authority skill) but could not recruit anyone else, as most of my skills are E rank. I'm going to try and raise some things to D, see if that helps. 

Edited by bookwormbabe29
I no speak good some days

So on my BE initial run, when I faced down Lyisthea, post time-skip, it gave me the option to recruit her rather than kill her; do we know conditions for similar choices?

Edited by Tribute

7 hours ago, Ririn said:

Lysithea requires Faith iirc. 

Right, I meant faith, I just wasn't thinking when I typed.

(also she joined me after I got to C+ support... alternatively, could that be the threshold for the drop from 20 to 15 in the stat and B to C in the rank?)

17 hours ago, Tribute said:

So on my BE initial run, when I faced down, I think it was mercedes- one of the golden deers, post time-skip, it gave me the option to recruit her rather than kill her; do we know conditions for similar choices?

Mercedes is a Blue Lion.