The Recruitment War (Reruitment Guide)

Once I found out about the Support over Rank thing, it became SO much easier. I was avoiding the internet as I dived into the game, so I was a little late on the news, but I still managed to get Linhardt, Lysithea, Ignatz, and Caspar on my Blue Lions playthrough.

Lindhardt was an accident. I'm not sure I was quite at C support even, but I got him with like 16 mag and C reason.

Lysithea I got to B support and had like D Faith and got her instantly when I asked.

Ignatz I just asked randomly and he said yes, but 0 support with him.

Caspar I only had C support but I got him with 21 Str and D+ Brawling.

Had I known I could just spam people with flowers I would have gotten Marianne and some others, but I'm actually happy since I can only take so many characters into battle and I love everyone from the Blue Lions, so it's hard to take everyone. LOL.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I haven’t seen this anywhere, and for completeness purposes:

Gilbert is only available on the Blue Lions route, and he will automatically join you in that route at the beginning of the post-skip (no recruitment or other requirements necessary; you can even let him “die” on Miklan’s chapter and he’ll still join you).

Edited by Moonlit Knight

11 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Just because I haven’t seen this anywhere, and for completeness purposes:

Gilbert is only available on the Blue Lions route, and he will automatically join you in that route at the beginning of the post-skip.

I figured since he has no support display on the other paths than Blue Lions.

Edited by Petra Godspeed Beauty

2 hours ago, MasterSlayerX said:

Will Hilda not join even with a A rank on black eagles path ? I had her at A rank prior on golden deer so to see I put her at A rank in new game plus 

Don't think so only possible:

Spoiler

If you side with the church on the Black Eagles path

Which is weird since she has a paired ending with Byleth that's specifically for the full Black Eagles path so unless its possible through an update later it's probably unused hopefully the former is possible.

Throwing in a test case about post-timeskip recruitment:

Playing Golden Deer, I got Ashe's C-rank support pre-timeskip but not his B-rank or recruitment requirements.

When I saw him as an enemy in chapter 15 I got an idea.  After seeing he was re-recruitable here if you'd recruited him pre-timeskip (and maybe if you had a B support?) I backed out a week, pumped Byleth's lance skill up to D+ via advanced drills, then classed him into a Cavalier so I could get his lance rank to C in that same battle.

One long string of training lance victories later, I had Byleth take down Ashe and... nothing.  I couldn't recruit Ashe post-timeskip with only a C support and his listed requirements (15+ charm and C in lances.)  Of course, maybe the game checks at the start of the battle, in which case I was only at D+ lances.  There also wasn't any kind of prompt for him to join by Divine Pulsing and finishing the battle with him alive.

Oh well, least I managed to steal his Master Seal.

Edited by GSR

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated the guide in a bit due to heavy burn out, as iv beaten the BL path and am working on GD now. Will be updating it soon, as iv got some tip about skill levels which make recruitment kind of a joke, more about it later.

Playing BL and have recruited Lysithea, Linhardt, Dorothea, Leonie, Ignatz, and Marianne so far (on Chapter 11 now). I still am working on Bernadetta and Petra. I want Ferdinand too, but I probably won't be able to. Supports makes it so easy! Lysithea and Marianne both requested to join my House after B support. Everyone else I asked (I did reclass to Monk and then Mage for Magic stat while using a spear for Leonie and because I like spears).

41 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

So Ferdinand and Caspar B rank support is time locked, even though it's Pegasus moon already. I guess it means they can't be recruited that way, right?

Correct, so you absolutely need D+ in both Heavy Armor and Brawling if you want to recruit them both.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

That's bummer. I really wanted save them...

Even though paralogues end in Pegasus Moon, you actually get another month - or rather, half-month to recruit them. You get two weekends to use in "March". I managed to nab Caspar at the last moment like this (Byleth starts at E+ in Brawling which helps), but Ferdinand was a lost cause.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Wait they doesn't leave until attack on Monastery? I though they leave after Eldegard go full Lara Croft.

They're definitely still around, sulking.

24 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Thanks. They B support should probably unlock by then.

To expand on the above, the specific requirement assuming the maximum pre-timeskip C+ support has been reached (check via the choir or dining menu) is 6 Strength and D+ Brawling for Caspar, and 6 Dexterity and D+ Heavy Armor for Ferdinand.

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/recruitment/