Dealing with leaks

With the game fast approaching, it’s unavoidable that leaks are going to show up and I was wondering what is everyone’s strategy to avoid them or even discredit them? It’s very likely that someone will try to post leaks here on Serenes. 

Personally, I find leaks that says

that certain students with will have plot related unavoidable deaths, like some are saying about Caspar, Ashe and 

Lysithea, to be dumb. With the amount of customization the game offers, it would be odd to kill one of the students.

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Reveal hidden contents

that certain students with will have plot related unavoidable deaths, like some are saying about Caspar, Ashe and 

Lysithea, to be dumb. With the amount of customization the game offers, it would be odd to kill one of the students.

Spoiler

Maybe it happens if you are not playing their house or you have not recruited them. Yeah it would be a bit crazy that you have trained someone just for the game to kill them suddenly.

7 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Wouldn't be the first time characters died that we've invested in. Cuan and Ethlyn anyone?

Yeah, but as I said before, the emphasis on customization makes this a weird choice.

Edited by Water Mage

26 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

what is everyone’s strategy to avoid them or even discredit them?

Avoid the internet.

Alternatively, don't read spoiler tagged stuff.

And also don't read topics pertaining to any kind of plot/character elements.

@Kyan Surr

Spoiler

Surely you're familiar with Kaze's BS death in Birthright if you don't get him to A-rank support with your avatar.

They've pulled stupid bull before.

3 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Wouldn't be the first time characters died that we've invested in. Cuan and Ethlyn anyone?

Spoiler

Or basically the entirety of Gen 1 except for, like, five-or-so characters.

I have a friend who still isn't over that and hates me whenever I invoke memories of Sigurd and his friends.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Yeah, but as I said before, the emphasis on customization makes this a weird choice.

Wouldn't be the first time they've made a bold or questionable design choice.

My rules are “don’t repeat anything you can’t confirm yourself” and “if something sounds fishy, ask for their source.” Honestly, I find most fake leaks are just people repeating something they’ve heard without thinking too hard about it. Even confirmed leakers can lie or just get things wrong, and I don’t really like the way it feels getting upset about something that gets debunked in less than a week.

As for avoiding real leaks— I’m specifically looking for them, because I want a glimpse of those timeskip designs, lol.

43 minutes ago, Digitibird said:

As for avoiding real leaks— I’m specifically looking for them, because I want a glimpse of those timeskip designs, lol.

Quite literally all I need before release. Just gimme pls guys, leak that shit, I wanna drink!

44 minutes ago, Digitibird said:

1 minute ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Quite literally all I need before release. Just gimme pls guys, leak that shit, I wanna drink!

Pretty much the only thing I want I need it so bad!!!! 

The "leaks" I have seen so far are unbased rumors the highlights being:

Advanced issues found

Spoiler
  • The student and war timelines collide, with the past versions of the students rejoin as separate characters. All of them have supports with their future selves and some with future classmates.
  • Sothis is the past self of Rhea, who predicted her madness in the future and asks Byleth to stop her.
  • The final boss is Rhea, who transforms into a dragon. If Rhea is Byleth's wife, you can save her, but otherwise, she dies
  • Dimitri goes crazy because Faerghus was invaded by Edelgard and conquered. 
  • Claude wanted to stop the war between the other two empires, but couldn't due to other noble families' dissent. The attitude is to mask this.
  • Caspar, Ashe, and Lysithea all die near the end.
  • Jeritza is older brother of Mercedes.
  • Jeralt dies early in the game, but he appears again later in the game.
  • In the Blue Lion route, one of the endings has Dimitri fighting to the end protecting refugees from Edelgard's forces.
  • Sothis and Byleth go a fusion dance for Byleth to end the war.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The "leaks" I have seen so far are unbased rumors the highlights being:

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Reveal hidden contents
  • The student and war timelines collide, with the past versions of the students rejoin as separate characters. All of them have supports with their future selves and some with future classmates.
  • Sothis is the past self of Rhea, who predicted her madness in the future and asks Byleth to stop her.
  • The final boss is Rhea, who transforms into a dragon. If Rhea is Byleth's wife, you can save her, but otherwise, she dies
  • Dimitri goes crazy because Faerghus was invaded by Edelgard and conquered. 
  • Claude wanted to stop the war between the other two empires, but couldn't due to other noble families' dissent. The attitude is to mask this.
  • Caspar, Ashe, and Lysithea all die near the end.
  • Jeritza is older brother of Mercedes.
  • Jeralt dies early in the game, but he appears again later in the game.
  • In the Blue Lion route, one of the endings has Dimitri fighting to the end protecting refugees from Edelgard's forces.
  • Sothis and Byleth go a fusion dance for Byleth to end the war.

Those are some of the leaks I saw!

They all feel like generic guesses to be honest, especially the “Rhea becomes a dragon final boss”. That’s...typical Fire Emblem final boss.

Or Claude want to stop war between the Kingdom and Empire. His personality seem darker than that generic friendship stuff.

5 hours ago, Digitibird said:

lol same. But I also don't want any huge plot spoilers. I mean like, more than i've already read. I need some sort of app that will just show me the time skip designs and leave out all the other information.

But probably i'll just read all the spoilers because I have no self control.