Famitsu Score – 9/9/10/9 [37/40]

Huh, that's looks good, but well, I don't know how reliable Famitsu truly is.

Sometime IGN say amazing and stupid, Fates "An emotional and engaging story", which was BS, but there's also Pokemon ORAS with 'Too much water',  they kind of were right about that one. It varies, a lot.

They ranked Awakening, Fates, Echoes, AND 3H almost all the same rating so I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Awakening and Echoes is hit or miss for some(I love Echoes to bit, even with it's issues. Awakening is alright, but still worth your time), but Fates, personally...can only ride its good gameplay so far. Honestly, all the skills I had to keep an eye on near endgame became too tiring for me. And Conquest's last 2 chapters drove me up a wall(which is rare for a game to do). I would take RD's final chapter ANYDAY to Conquest's last 2 chapters honestly. And the Story...you guys already know. 

Regardless...I'm still hopeful 3H earned that high score from just being that good.

Edited by Busterman64

I wouldn't give that much on Famitsu scores. They are always biased forwards J-RPG,s. Much more interesting are the reviews from others which are more critical in that case.

Just a reminder guys, reviewers are people who have to quickly play through a lot of games to write their reviews, they're not always a fan of what their bosses tell them to play, and sometimes if it's their first experience playing a game in a series they really don't know what to expect.

Keep in mind that there are many different opinions on a game and 1 review doesn't reflect everyone's opinion on the game at the company, and yes 2 different people can review 2 different games from the same series and both will have different tastes.

Don't get salty over a review, it's just a number and shouldn't affect your enjoyment of 3 Heroes

A lot of the more recent FE games have gotten mostly generous reviews, so this doesn’t really surprise me. 

Also I thought Awakening had the highest critical scores of the FE games before? Unless people retroactively docked it after a second look...

34 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Just a reminder guys, reviewers are people who have to quickly play through a lot of games to write their reviews, they're not always a fan of what their bosses tell them to play, and sometimes if it's their first experience playing a game in a series they really don't know what to expect.

To be fair such a review can be pretty valuable for the average consumer. A long time fan might think certain aspect are so self evident that they don't think they are worth mentioning while a new player might have some fresh perspectives more useful to someone who never played a Fire Emblem game before. 

A healthy set of reviews should have reviewers who are longtime fans who know the series very intimately and relative outsiders to the series. 

21 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

To be fair such a review can be pretty valuable for the average consumer. A long time fan might think certain aspect are so self evident that they don't think they are worth mentioning while a new player might have some fresh perspectives more useful to someone who never played a Fire Emblem game before. 

A healthy set of reviews should have reviewers who are longtime fans who know the series very intimately and relative outsiders to the series. 

I think most people tend to look at more than 1 review before buying anything. 

Plus I think word of mouth will be better at convincing people to pick up a game.

My Japanese is poor but it seems that there are nothing new. And most of times it talks about the gameplay rather than story. I haven't found the part about the difference between each route.

Edited by genagi

Just now, genagi said:

My Japanese is poor but it seems that there are few new information. And most of times it talks about the gameplay rather than story. I haven't found the part about the difference between each route.

Like....?

The only new(?) thing I found was a confirmation that magic has a fixed amount of uses, but uses are restored (doesn't say by how much) after a battle. Dunno if that was confirmed elsewhere.

Not sure if anybody is working on the play reviews, but here's the first two.

Here's a translation of all three play reviews.

Edited by VincentASM

So from the third review we see that increasing support alone is not gonna let you recruit. You need to have an "ok" lvl in the skills they want, so somedoby like Lysithea for example wont go to your house if you have E rank in Faith, no matter the support you have with her.

2 minutes ago, Nio said:

So from the third review we see that increasing support alone is not gonna let you recruit. You need to have an "ok" lvl in the skills they want, so somedoby like Lysithea for example wont go to your house if you have E rank in Faith, no matter the support you have with her.

That would be somewhat of a problem. I'd like to recruit Casper and he's usually associated with the new fist weapons that I don't really like. I'd have no problem with an axe requirement if he wants one but the firsts are just....eh. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That would be somewhat of a problem. I'd like to recruit Casper and he's usually associated with the new fist weapons that I don't really like. I'd have no problem with an axe requirement if he wants one but the firsts are just....eh. 

Yeah... Same here with Lysithea, thats why i used her as an example. I mean, thats just what that person said, maybe there is more, i hope at least.

But you know what, im gonna play this game at least 2 or 3 times so... Lysithea (and Caspar) would have her chance!

20 minutes ago, Nio said:

Yeah figure as much I'm gonna try balancing my skills to slowly get my desired characters before the timeskip especially for Magic based ones like Mercedes, Lysithea etc since that seems like the more work to get.

These are the people that gave Final Fantasy XIII a 39/40 and XIII-2 a 40/40.

Why the fuck should we care about this news, again? And furthermore, are all 4 reviewers' judgment on video game writing actually sound (read: they've read a single fucking piece of literature in their lives)?

It's a number. A number that says absolutely nothing of the qualities it has, and what its deficiencies are, what its themes are, refinement of mechanics, to say nothing of authorial intent, voice acting quality, musical production...

Maybe the reason nobody posted it yet is because nobody asked, which if so, gives me hope for the standards of the people on this forum.