Famitsu issue/Review

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

No new designs in the Famitsu article sadly. Strange that IS wants to keep that information hidden but yet a while back an article showed off the post time skips models of a decent amount of students.

Also nothing on S-Supports/marriage and the Sauna area I guess we gotta experience that blind for ourselves.

6 minutes ago, iavasechui said:

I’m rather curious if anyone else is going to be scarred or missing something... post skip... training these characters is going to make me more overprotective than usual...

Just a little bit to be honest!

Nice, in Japanese the three houses are called "classes" and they each have their name in German.

アドラークラッセ adorākurasse = Adlerklasse (eagle class)
ルーヴェンクラッセ rūvu~enkurasse = Löwenklasse (lion class)

ヒルシュクラッセ hirushukurasse = Hirschklasse (deer class)

6 minutes ago, Lusankya said:

Nice, in Japanese the three houses are called "classes" and they each have their name in German.

アドラークラッセ adorākurasse = Adlerklasse (eagle class)
ルーヴェンクラッセ rūvu~enkurasse = Löwenklasse (lion class)

ヒルシュクラッセ hirushukurasse = Hirschklasse (deer class)

Makes me wonder why they didn't just stick with that, why add the color?

Also while I will most likely play in english I really want to know how they did it in german now.

Not sure if anybody is working on translations, but here's the first play review.

This is the non proof-read version, so please be mindful.

You can really taste the flavour and charm of "FE" in this game!

I'm Lipsaiton, who's been playing the FE series since the very first game. If you ask me about my gameplay impressions, I feel like the game system has undergone a big change, but the core flavour and charm of the series remains the same.

For this title, from the way the characters' heads turn, the visuals have become more realistic. The game system, specifically the way you raise characters has been greatly enhanced. Mechanics, like the way units fight while leading battalions, are really innovative. Since FE Fates, the appearance and game system has changed a lot; could it even still be considered the same kind of game? I thought about this and there are probably many series fans thinking the same. But in the end, these concerns will probably end up being swept away.

In terms of raising characters, by improving "skill levels" through education etc., you can learn new abilities and combat arts, and it's possible to change into new classes. Battle-wise, there are additional factors when it comes to raising, besides just increasing level, and you can enjoy increased freedom for crafting your characters. In previous games, a character's growth was dictated by their initial class and growth rates, but in this title, there's an emphasis on the player being able to freely decide what skills to focus on (although each character has skills they're good or bad in). Learning and equipping abilities, choosing a weapon, and settling on a class--these are all key decisions and the resulting headaches you'll have is part of what makes the FE series. Up to now, you can enjoy a more rewarding form of raising compared to past titles.

The battles look beautiful, but the basic rules are the same as ever. Actually, it reminds me of FE Radiant Dawn. Of course, you'll analyse your units' and enemies' stats, consider the minute difference in stats--the strategic depth is alive and well. In addition to your regular attacks, there are new ways to attack: you can unleash "combat arts", which eat up a lot of weapon durability, and "gambits", which can only be used when a battalion is deployed. Gambits are notable for ignoring enemy counter-attacks and the battle difficulty will probably change depending on if you choose to use them or not. There's no real downside to deploying battalions except for the cost to hire them, so it's usually a good idea to have them.

Also, you should pay attention to the "link" system, which is similar to the powerful support system featured in previous games. "Gambit boosts" occur when you trigger a gambit while being able to link with nearby allies who can attack the same enemy. In this game, as characters increase their "support level", the effects of a link will increase. I really liked the FE-like game system that focuses on the levels of support and unit placement and it's more fun to think about than ever! Heart symbols (a sign of increasing bonds) can appear on 5 or so units after a battle, and when this happens, it can feel pretty nice. As an aside, another notable feature in this game is the ability to efficiently gain support points by interacting during weekend activities.

For me, all the things I wanted from the FE series can be found in this game, and I was really able to enjoy it. Is it a completely different game because everything looks so different? Series fans who are thinking this, please rest assured! I am confident that if you play the game, you will be able to enjoy the same flavour and charm as other FEs you've played!

Edited by VincentASM

Going to go ahead and lock this thread since one already  exists 

Edit: I see that there's good information here, I'll merge the topics when u get home in an hour.

Edited by Captain Karnage