AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was trying to remember the name of Amalthea (a goat in Greek mythology that nursed an infant Zeus) and I found out something rather interesting:

Adrestia was a name of a Nymph in Greek mythology that was charged by the Titan Rhea to nurture the infant Zeus in secret so Cronus wouldn't find and eat him.

Adrestia was also possibly another name for Nemesis.

19 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

So, I was trying to remember the name of Amalthea (a goat in Greek mythology that nursed an infant Zeus) and I found out something rather interesting:

Adrestia was a name of a Nymph in Greek mythology that was charged by the Titan Rhea to nurture the infant Zeus in secret so Cronus wouldn't find and eat him.

I had no idea. Interesting.

5 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

So Archbishop Rhea has ties to the Empire? Maybe?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm surprised to see this topic alive still, it has mutated and gained potential immortality. 

I'd say, might be hasty to even say potential. Even FE4T deflated after like 9 years.

Incidentally, if this is to become the next-gen chat threat, then so be it.

---

On the height thing... well, there's this:

ycpug6hia9i31.jpg

Over 2 meters, man!?

20 minutes ago, Specta said:

all i know is dedue is a fucking mountain

I read that as "Dedue is fucking a mountain"

He is Big White Lion. Good boy in general. Don't piss him off. He will snap your spine. In half.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, might be hasty to even say potential. Even FE4T deflated after like 9 years.

All we have to do to make it immortal is to transmit it to other websites, it will become like the communicable dog cancer that has been around for hundreds of years.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the height thing... well, there's this:

Looks like I'm 2nd place then. Factoring in my usual amount of levitation off the ground when standing that is.

Tellius got a height comparison chart too, but it doesn't list actual numbers.

Nonetheless, if PoR Ike and any of the 3H cast should appear in the same game, then it offers a chance to estimate the heights of everyone from Tellius. Or it could be someone other than PoR Ike, and they could be from almost any game where character models with unique height exist (so, not a lot), and you'd still get useful information.

FEH exists, so technically height comparisons could begin now on many FE characters. But, FEH is chibi graphically, so that would seem to distort heights and prevent a more precise estimation. And whilst I don't think it is the case, I thought someone said FEH characters on mounts are actually smaller than how large they would be if they were on foot.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All we have to do to make it immortal is to transmit it to other websites, it will become like the communicable dog cancer that has been around for hundreds of years.

Looks like I'm 2nd place then. Factoring in my usual amount of levitation off the ground when standing that is.

Tellius got a height comparison chart too, but it doesn't list actual numbers.

Nonetheless, if PoR Ike and any of the 3H cast should appear in the same game, then it offers a chance to estimate the heights of everyone from Tellius. Or it could be someone other than PoR Ike, and they could be from almost any game where character models with unique height exist (so, not a lot), and you'd still get useful information.

FEH exists, so technically height comparisons could begin now on many FE characters. But, FEH is chibi graphically, so that would seem to distort heights and prevent a more precise estimation. And whilst I don't think it is the case, I thought someone said FEH characters on mounts are actually smaller than how large they would be if they were on foot.

Well, as some believe: You only really died when you're forgotten.

I think SoV did that too. At least, that's what is stated on the Valentia Accordeon thread. Though what's mostly shown is a single lineup edited by the translator (apparntly it was several lineups in the original). THeres also heights shown in; but I think that was done by the translator too, so they're not official. I think. Might need to recheck the thing.

As it is, I'd rather trust other evidence than just checking character models. I remember seeing someone point out that some people on 3H, like Lysithea, don't actually change that much height-wise when it comes to their models, despite what their bios say about heights (though it opens the chance to joke that the bios were faked by the characters themselves, heh). So yeah.

I can certainly believe that. FE has pulled that with map sprites/models. Mounted people are smaller to accomodate for the area/volume of the mount in a single tile. Although for Heroes I'm sure you mean the battle sprites, which do indeed are more faithful to scale over.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As it is, I'd rather trust other evidence than just checking character models. I remember seeing someone point out that some people on 3H, like Lysithea, don't actually change that much height-wise when it comes to their models, despite what their bios say about heights (though it opens the chance to joke that the bios were faked by the characters themselves, heh). So yeah.

This does make sense, major height differences among characters isn't isn't something players absolutely care about. It's more effort for little gain in a game with many playable characters.

In a more niche case of sizes, I recall Xenoblade Chronicles X using the exact same bust size for every female character in the game. The lone exception being Lin in the international version, who, being only 14, had her breasts shrunk some. Now IRL that makes no sense, but with so many playable characters and the fact all armor visually looks different on characters in XCX, I can understand why they didn't want to adjust chest apparel to different bust sizes.

And in Fire Emblem Warriors, I may have heard a lot of people when Armor Broken, use the same generic body model for their given sex, Xander's abs are the same as Takumi's, are the same as Navarre's. Again, understandable. As long as the skin tone matches, who cares? Though you know, I wouldn't have minded if Owain on swapping vocations from Myrmidon to Dark Mage started putting on a little flab from lack of exercise.

I wonder how tall would FE's Gonzales be? Would he break 215 cm/7 ft? Maybe taller? Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time (and possibly Twilight Princess) is canonically 230 cm/7'6''. Does it look like Gonzales would exceed Hyrule's King of Evil?

Adult Link in Ocarina of Time is 1.7 m/5'7'', just in case anyone had plans to fanfict Link into 3H. Going by the character model that is against the measurements in the Lakeside Laboratory's dive measuring wall.

Now don't go using this information in Smash, Pikachu probably ruins any hope of height comparison there, since Pikachus are stated to be.4 m/1'4''. If the electric rodent and Gdorf don't scale properly, then there is no hope.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This does make sense, major height differences among characters isn't isn't something players absolutely care about. It's more effort for little gain in a game with many playable characters.

In a more niche case of sizes, I recall Xenoblade Chronicles X using the exact same bust size for every female character in the game. The lone exception being Lin in the international version, who, being only 14, had her breasts shrunk some. Now IRL that makes no sense, but with so many playable characters and the fact all armor visually looks different on characters in XCX, I can understand why they didn't want to adjust chest apparel to different bust sizes.

And in Fire Emblem Warriors, I may have heard a lot of people when Armor Broken, use the same generic body model for their given sex, Xander's abs are the same as Takumi's, are the same as Navarre's. Again, understandable. As long as the skin tone matches, who cares? Though you know, I wouldn't have minded if Owain on swapping vocations from Myrmidon to Dark Mage started putting on a little flab from lack of exercise.

I wonder how tall would FE's Gonzales be? Would he break 215 cm/7 ft? Maybe taller? Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time (and possibly Twilight Princess) is canonically 230 cm/7'6''. Does it look like Gonzales would exceed Hyrule's King of Evil?

Adult Link in Ocarina of Time is 1.7 m/5'7'', just in case anyone had plans to fanfict Link into 3H. Going by the character model that is against the measurements in the Lakeside Laboratory's dive measuring wall.

Now don't go using this information in Smash, Pikachu probably ruins any hope of height comparison there, since Pikachus are stated to be.4 m/1'4''. If the electric rodent and Gdorf don't scale properly, then there is no hope.

Huh, they do? Admitedly, it's been long since I've played XCX. I'm not so sure on that, considering that character creation in the Japanse version had a slider for bust size. Which means they do have armor models to account for all those sizes? Unless you mean the armor itself changes the bust so it's all the same regardless of size.

I wonder if there's something in the script giving a hint or two at his size. Like being compared to someone or something. Well, considering Gonzales has quite the muscle mass, I would think he would look more imposing than Ganondorf, even if he was slightly shorter than him.

Well, Smash discredits itself on that notion, considering its "canon" that the characters are more on the idea of being actually toys/plushes/trophies/etc. Which aren't made to be of proper scale with each other for the most part. Well, that's how it was in the original one. Context is certainly different for the more recent ones.