Are there any characters you wish had S supports with each other?

Eske

In light of all the annoyance over M!Byleth not (currently) seeming to be able to S support Claude, I wondered what other couples you guys wished existed.

My personal wish would be that Lyn and Florina had S supports with each other and i’m still mad Florina doesn’t have S supports with any girls (I mean, come on).

Pre-Awakening S supports don't even exist at all (as far as I'm aware), and they're usually far too awkward and/or random for me to enjoy.

Lute and Artur A support is to me the best relationship support there is, if there had been a forced S support with a marriage proposal that would've just ruined it. Having a relationship form at the A support and then having them get married after the game just makes much more sense to me.

Other than that, the only correct answer is Zihark and Meg, obviously.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There's also Rolf and Mist. Rolf's big bro taking off with his girlfriend is....awkward. 

In my headcanon, Rolf and Mist end up together. I don't care what the game says.

And hmmm.....for me, I wish Ike x Mia had a support chain, but sadly that wasn't mean to be V_V Also Ilyana and Zihark 100% should have had an ending together! 

I really dont understand why like, only five girls can marry Chrom. Sure, you get some after the timeskip, but why can't Miriel or Panne marry Chrom?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 12:46 PM, Tuvy said:

I really dont understand why like, only five girls can marry Chrom. Sure, you get some after the timeskip, but why can't Miriel or Panne marry Chrom?

Miriel, you have a point. Panne, however, well, Lucina has no visible signs of being a Taguel. Adding to that, Yarne's weapon knowledge upon getting him I virtually abysmal. So it makes sense why Panne can't marry Chrom. It probably would have been too lore-breaking.

As for my response to the topic itself...

Sumia X Virion, Stahl, Vaike, Kellam, Donnel, Lon'qu, Ricken, Gregor, and Libra - I can understand why Chrom's marriage options are limited, even though he himself could use some more options, namely Miriel and Tharja. Sumia, however, has no excuse. The player is literally limited to only 5 choices to marry her off to, and if any one of them, including Henry the obvious safety net in regards to this, ends up hitched with another girl, the player is left unable to get Cynthia. And there's such missed opportunity with some of these. Vaike, for example, could provide an explanation to how Cynthia's personality is what it is. Kinda like what Henry does with Owain, as far as paired endings are concerned. But alas. If the pairing limitations on Sumia is because of how the game "hints" towards Chrom/Sumia being "canon," then it just makes Chrom/Sumia come even more across as a case of being Strangled by the Red String. And based on some of Lazlow's dialogue in Fates, and how Sumia seems to be treated in Heroes, I think it's safe to say that I.S. realizes this.

Odin/Sakura, Oboro/Leo - I felt like the pairing options between Hoshido/Nohr pairings were a little lacking in options. And I always felt like I.S. could have put in more options. In the cases of pairs like Hayato/Selena, I think it's understandable. (That example probably wasn't included to help keep the identity of Cordelia's canon husband a secret.) But will others? I think there's some cause for inclusion. These two examples come to mind. With Odin finding use in Sakura in regards to providing Ophelia with another magic option. (Possibly with Odin's hypothetical Supports with Sakura referencing Lissa.) And with Oboro fitting the tailor theme Forrest seems to have. I'm not asking more much, though.

Chrom X Miriel and Tharja - Chrom needs more options. 'Nuff said.

And though these technically don't constitute as S Supports...

Rath X Any Woman Not Named Lyn - Unlike Sumia mentioned above, Rath does have somewhat of an excuse for why his supports are limited: Supports were limited anyways, Rath is a somewhat antisocial guy, and, if you really think about it, even with the fact that Lyn is the only playable character that Rath has a paired ending with in mind, nobody Rath can support with has any notable resemblance to Sue from The Binding Blade. But he needs more paired endings, even if only to put the notion of "Lyn/Rath is canon" or "marrying Lyn to anyone besides Rath causes a time paradox" to rest. It doesn't necessarily have to be someone in FE7. I'm sure a remake could include new characters like previous remakes did. Athena and Nagi in FE11, Katarina in FE12. Faye in FE15. One of the new characters inevitably introduced in an FE7 remake could be a Sacaean woman that comes from the tribe Rath and Guy belong to, the Kutolah. But if Rath were to be given options that already exist, they could capitalize on the fact that people whose nationalities are only half-Sacaean tend to have very little differences from a full-fledged Sacaean in regards to resemblance. Which could leave open possibilities to Supports and endings with someone like Farina, or Priscilla. (The latter of whom, I have heard has at least her ending with Guy end in her eloping with Guy in the original Japanese version. Can someone confirm this?) And it seems, as of late, that I.S. wants players to forget about them having given Rath and Lyn an ending. So giving him another female Support option, either way, would definitely help with this.

Hector/Fiora - Let's be honest. Hector needed more endings that made sense in context. They don't necessarily have to have be an implied couple like Hector/Lyn is. But definitely start the relationship at C and build with each Support. As opposed to feeling platonic at the A (like with Farina), or even just starting to get to know each other at the A Support (like with Florina). He could also use more options that don't have the player actually having to work for them to make them happen. (An average player can likely pair Hector with Lyn without much trouble, even if he or she is not intending to do so. But pairing Hector with Florina and getting them to A, though doable even in ranked runs, requires quite a bit of effort to make happen. Pairing Hector with Farina and getting them to A, however, won't happen if the player doesn't know what to do to make it happen.) The Supports themselves could also carry the familial focus that's only otherwise present in Hector's interactions with Lyn that occur outside of Supports, though not stress the importance as much.

Eliwood/Florina - This one was a little bit of a missed opportunity, in my opinion. Seeing as they're familiar with each other after Lyn's Story but before Florina joins alongside Lyn, Sain, Kent, and Wil. It could give Eliwood another non-Ninian option that would connect to the Marcus/Lilina B Support in FE6. And Florina's personality just seems to mesh better with Eliwood than it does with Hector.

Sain/Florina - This would have been more of an "opposites attract" couple than the male option Florina ended up getting. And could have provided some background on why Florina is so androphobic.

Rolf/Mist - Add another one to those who felt cheated by the fact that FE10 gave an ending to Boyd/Mist, but not Rolf/Mist. Some may argue that Boyd/Mist was being set up in FE9. But personally, I just don't see it. Rolf/Mist definitely seemed to have more of a thing going on in PoR. Even with ignoring the age difference between Boyd and Mist, the whole thing regarding Mist's pairs literally reminds me too much of what Toei did with Sora prior to the release of Digimon Adventure Tri. (Which is to say that the prospect of Sora ending up with Tai was hinted at in Adventure 01, and subsequently thrown out the window for seemingly no rhyme or reason in Adventure 02. To my recollection, even the original Japanese voice actors were confused by this.)

Definitely M!Corrin x Silas and M!Byleth x Claude! I liked that Fates and Three Houses tried to give us more options and be more inclusive about same-sex marriages but,,,,,,,,, they could've done better 😕

like how did it happen that the only guy M!Corrin could marry was Niles and the only girl F!Corrin could marry was Rhajat? how they pick the creepiest characters and be like "here you go, we're inclusive now" UMMMMM???????????? HELLO???? obviously i know there are people who like Niles and Rhajat and if they wanna s-support them, that's totally fine and idgaf if people actually do that, but HOW THEY BE THE ONLY OPTION???! BRUH

now Linhardt, I don't know much about. I'm currently on my first playthrough of the game, and I'm playing with the Golden Deer. I'm still in the pre-timeskip gameplay, but i know that Claude is not an option for M!Byleth. I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Other than that, Sumia x Stahl. I disliked that every other female in Awakening could marry any guy, and then Sumia was locked to a few because they pushed her with Chrom :((

also Ryoma x Scarlet and Jakob x Flora

OH AND TOTALLY ALM x FAYE!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Carter

A lot of suggestions I've though of here. For S supports specifically though, SoV? I'm not asking for wedding proposals here, just more supports with these people (And also maybe a chain for Alm/Celica in the postgame). I'm also kind of on board with the idea of Tiki/Say'ri honestly.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:27 PM, Just call me AL said:

(That example probably wasn't included to help keep the identity of Cordelia's canon husband a secret.)

I am curious what you mean here.

Hector/Fiora

Hector/Serra is one I think should have been personally.

Rolf/Mist - Add another one to those who felt cheated by the fact that FE10 gave an ending to Boyd/Mist, but not Rolf/Mist. Some may argue that Boyd/Mist was being set up in FE9. But personally, I just don't see it. Rolf/Mist definitely seemed to have more of a thing going on in PoR. Even with ignoring the age difference between Boyd and Mist, the whole thing regarding Mist's pairs literally reminds me too much of what Toei did with Sora prior to the release of Digimon Adventure Tri. (Which is to say that the prospect of Sora ending up with Tai was hinted at in Adventure 01, and subsequently thrown out the window for seemingly no rhyme or reason in Adventure 02. To my recollection, even the original Japanese voice actors were confused by this.)

Why didn't they indeed.

Then again, they'd have to deal with the way supports are there and that game's just awkward frankly with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lyn x Florina I'm pretty sure Florina will be a romance option for Lyn in the remake, this pairing is a given.

Chrom x Miriel or Tharja: Agree that Chrom should be able to marry more girls, Tharja and Miriel, specifically. Their supports would be hilarious but also interesting. Tharja support with him can expand on Plegia politics and Miriel is the science queen. 

Eliwood x Isadora: I'd love to see another romance possibility for him.  It seems Eliwood is into blue or green haired girls so Isadora follows this pattern and has a backstory with him.  lol 

Hector x  Priscilla: To add another option for Hector as well, as I'm not sold on his other love interests, Florina is too shy, I see no chemistry. Lyn wouldn't be happy in a castle so idk, and Farina is just there honestly. The only problem with Priscilla is that in all her endings she falls for a commoner with a bittersweet closure so Hector doesn't fit her story arc. Fiora or Isadora could fill this spot as well. 

Ephraim x Neimi:  Ephraim is another lord that needs more options, his relationship with Tana is boring and I can't  even picture him living with L'acharel. Neimi with Colm is not very appealing and she should be able to move on and have more romance options,  so let's add something more going on for Neimi instead of just crying.  Also she has the best design of the game. 

Ephraim x Natasha: another option that would make an interesting romantic pairing for Ephraim, and she is a major character. 

Lilina x Garret, Ogier and Gonzales: Lilina deserves to be happy as well if Roy marries someone else. Ogier and Garret are obvious choices, Gonzales for the obligatory funny option, well... there's people that ship them so why not  

Sumia x the rest of the first gen male cast: Do I need to explain? More customization options for Cynthia and more development and pair ups for Sumia. 

Edited by Mylady

• 2 weeks later...

At the top of my head.... Starting from FE9/10.... Well 9/10 needs a lot of fixing paired ending wise and supports not existing in FE10. More ppl should have more options. But.... Starting from the highest missed opportunity:

Mist/Rolf

Ike/elincia

Ike/Lethe

As I said though RD missing supports is actually the main issue here, as well as limiting to 5 supports per char. Literally the ENTIRE DAWN BRIGADE is a blank sheet of paper aside from the main 3.

FE 13

Sometimes I feel there are a bit too many but still....

Sumiaxstahl why isn't this a thing?

Sumiax every other male

Chromxmiriel

Bastilioxflavia S

FE14 way too many supports actually is part of the reason one of them don't exist but

Azuraxcamilla

Royalsxnon royal opposite country pairings.

Sumia X Stahl they would have been such a cute family and I feel robbed

Maribelle X Lissa: Because yes

Ryoma X Scarlet: At the very least some supports! 

Jakob X Flora: I think they would have interesting chemistry

M!Byleth X Claude: Claude literally OOZES Bisexual energy. we were robbed

(Cough cough I'm starting to ship Marianne and Hilda help)

Tellius Games: 

Mist and Rolf. Their connection is a lot stronger than Mist and Boyd, and they have good chemistry.

Oscar and Tanith: I really liked their support conversations in Path of Radiance and they have decent chemistry. 

Mia and Rhys: Their support conversations are fantastic, and they would be really good for each other. 

Tormod and Sanaki: These two are proof that Radiant Dawn needed much better support conversations like in Path of Radiance. 

and, last but not least, Ike and Elincia. The NA localization really made it seem like these two were going to get together. Their story interactions, their support conversations, everything was so well-written and they had such fantastic chemistry.

Also, I can't stand Geoffrey. As a character, he is extremely boring. As a love-interest for Elincia, he's one of the ickiest choices they could've picked. Sure, they already know each other, but that's because he's practically her brother! They grew up together as foster siblings! I'm a vocal defender of the Sothe-Micaiah romance, and I think that Elincia and Geoffrey is gross! Think about what a high bar that is!

Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem:

Kris and Katarina. Seriously; why wasn't this one a thing? Not only are the two extremely close, but it's obvious that at least Katarina is interested.