Two Team Members for Platinum

Asmont Osborne

Hey guys! I've recently picked up a playthrough of Platinum I started almost two years ago. I'm currently about to storm the Veilstone Galactic HQ and my team is looking pretty good so far (Empoleon, Leafeon, Porygon-Z and Skuntank, all are at Lv. 45 and some of my favourite Pokémon, like my favourite starter and Pokémon overall and favourite Eeveelution). I still have two open slots (one currently occupied by my HM slave Tropius). Among the Pokémon I could use, Altaria (Timid), Mamoswine (Adamant) and Medicham stick out the most (honourable mentions to Victoire, the Beautifly that walled Gardenia but could not keep up, and Telsa, the Lickilicky I dropped in favour of Porygon-Z). However, none of those have the same "feel" the other team members give me and I would like to use atypical choices while also maintaining as little typing and role overlap as possible. Any suggestions?

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Of what you mentioned, Altaria and Mamoswine seem to stick out to me as the preferable options.

Also, any others you'd consider you haven't mentioned?

Not really... what makes it hard for me is that most of my team members have pretty good coverage options, so I end up wondering if adding a <insert type> Pokémon is truly necessary. Since I'm trying to fill the Sinnoh Dex, I have a bunch of stuff I caught (although some have horrible Natures so I would need to get others and train them). Looking at the PC, I have options for both a physical and special Raichu, a Gardevoir (although I feel like Gallade would be preferable, as I have used Gardevoir in Omega Ruby and lack a Fighting-type), Garchomp (it's used so often in Sinnoh playthroughs it's not even funny, but I lack both a Dragon-type (no big deal) and a Ground-type (bigger deal, which is why I got Mamoswine over Weavile), Gliscor and Magmortar. I do know that Electivire is also coming sorta soon (as Electabuzz) on Route 222, and I can't remember other particularly strong Pokémon in the areas I still haven't gotten to.