New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where's Male Byleth at?  I'm going to be picking up 3H, so hopefully get him that way, but are they saving him for later or something?  Looks like we'll be having another zero demotions banner.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

So where's Male Byleth at?  I'm going to be picking up 3H, so hopefully get him that way, but are they saving him for later or something?  Looks like we'll be having another zero demotions banner.

He might be GHB. Although, I guess this means F!Byleth is the canon gender.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Lol, the free Byleth is basically free 100 Grail?

Edited by Nym

I'll definitely be pulling for my boy, Dimitri, though I'd be happy to get any of them. The art is gorgeous all around!

Hopefully Lorenz appears in a future banner....

I wonder if Male Byleth is being saved for the next banner on the schedule.  I had been hoping this would be one of the rare banners with more guys than girls, since Boyleth, Dmitri, and Claude seemed like cinches, but I guess not.

8 minutes ago, escotanner said:

He might be GHB. Although, I guess this means F!Byleth is the canon gender.

Kronya is the GHB.

They said Male Byleth would be summonable in Late July. Perhaps this means he's going straight the pool without being a focus unit. Guess that's one way to make it special for those who get Three Houses.

Also, this by no means says "Female Byleth is canon". Getting kind of sick of that mindset.

Edited by Sentinel07

All those new skills look fun (mostly Edelgard's, I'm not a fan of Dimitri's/Claude's). Weapon-wise are the lords going to be slow? All of them have a guaranteed follow-up so it is reasonable to assume that their Spd isn't going to be great. F!Byleth seems to be the star of the banner with the full skillset, unique special and her weapon that nullifies almost every relevant A/B skill in the game. 

Sadly, I'm just going to skip this one. I still need S!Lyn for my collection (4.25% hell) and I only like Edelgard/Claude when it comes to art but I can wait to get pity broken by them one day. 

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Isn't he the gift unit? He was the one on the banner/notification after all.

I love the banner: Edelgard looks like the badass FE unit that you throw at a horde of enemies and kills them all, Dimitri looks ok but does his special hint a vindictive spirit? Claude is the one I'm going for, on this banner and on the game, his shadowy self has piqued my intetest, but more debuffs, and his debuff's gotta hurt crippling spd and def. And F!Byleth is 2stronk4me, basically a semi Nihil on breakers/fighters/guard skills and a unique special. Pretty good overall. I want them all!

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Kronya is the GHB.

They said Male Byleth would be summonable in Late July. Perhaps this means he's going straight the pool without being a focus unit. Guess that's one way to make it special for those who get Three Houses.

If he's going to be like Kaze and go straight to the 3-4*, I'm not even mad.  Although he might be the next Legendary unit.

Just now, Rezzy said:

If he's going to be like Kaze and go straight to the 3-4*, I'm not even mad.  Although he might be the next Legendary unit.

I'm pretty sure he's going to be 5* once he goes into the pool. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he has the same skillset as Female Byleth.

Pleasantly surprised to have it not be an all-infantry banner like some were predicting. Claude looks like he could be the first cavalry archer to replace Bowlyn, probably my pick if I could have just one. Edelgard second, probably, since I've not got many axe infantry. Byleth is someone I'd be happy to pick up eventually but she fills no obvious gap in my barracks. And Dimitri, well... I don't see much reason to have him ahead of Horse Ephraim, or hell, Abel.

The mystery of M Byleth continues. Either the announcement saying he would be available in July is a lie; he gets added to the pool without a banner; or he appears in one of either the Mythic banner, Close Def banner, or an unannounced surprise banner (which is possible because there are datamined banners that everyone has assumed to be the Summer reruns but could be anything).

Edited by Humanoid

Well, neither Edelgard nor female Byleth are demoting with their skill sets, and Dmitri and Claude are probably not demoting since they both have a new skill despite having only four skills. Plus, I don't think they'd demote Dmitri with death blow 4 while I don't think they'd demote bow cavalier Claude. This is kind of bullshit. The Echoes banners still demoted people even though the game was new, and not demoting anyone just makes them that much harder to get, which makes less people who are able to get to know these characters and be able to love them in Heroes.

I'm sick of regular banners that don't demote people for dumb arbitrary reasons.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Pleasantly surprised to have it not be an all-infantry banner like some were predicting. Claude looks like he could be the first cavalry archer to replace Bowlyn, probably my pick if I could have just one. Edelgard second, probably, since I've not got many axe infantry. Byleth is someone I'd be happy to pick up eventually but she fills no obvious gap in my barracks. And Dimitri, well... I don't see much reason to have him ahead of Horse Ephraim, or hell, Abel.

The mystery of M Byleth continues. Either the announcement saying he would be available in July is a lie, or he appears in one of the Mythic, Close Def, or an unannounced surprise banner.

Putting Boyleth on something like the Close Def banner would cause a lot of backlash akin to the Ayra fiasco a couple years ago.  (Jeez has it already been 2 years?)

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Putting Boyleth on something like the Close Def banner would cause a lot of backlash akin to the Ayra fiasco a couple years ago.  (Jeez has it already been 2 years?)

Yeah, I think it's clearly the least likely outcome, especially as we have Rhajat as a more recent example, and they made sure to explicitly specify that she'd appear in the VG banner that followed.

Looks great! Surprised Dimitri and Claude got horses, moreso the latter. I'll be pulling for Edelgard and Claude, if I have anything left I'll try for Dimitri too. I like the art for all three!

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, neither Edelgard nor female Byleth are demoting with their skill sets, and Dmitri and Claude are probably not demoting since they both have a new skill despite having only four skills. Plus, I don't think they'd demote Dmitri with death blow 4 while I don't think they'd demote bow cavalier Claude. This is kind of bullshit. The Echoes banners still demoted people even though the game was new, and not demoting anyone just makes them that much harder to get, which makes less people who are able to get to know these characters and be able to love them in Heroes.

I'm sick of regular banners that don't demote people for dumb arbitrary reasons.

Well, neither Alm nor Celica were/have been demoted so why demote these ones? They're the most relevant characters past Byleth so I think it's fair to keep them exclusively as 5☆s. Had they added other characters per house would be another story.