New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edgelord has good art~ Dull Close being on something worth pulling is pretty cool~ Rouse Skills are looking pretty nice~ She basically always wants to be as far away from her allies as possible.

Dimitri’s art is okay~ So his lance requires him and his foe to be on the same wavelength, as in, if he is at 100% HP but his foe is not, he doesn’t get the guarenteed follow up~ Lull Skill seems pretty underwhelming being only a -3, though. But DB4 is always nice~

Claude’s art’s alright, great voice! Nice we’re getting more Def Smoke, but still need that Res~

F!Byleth is broken and angry AF. Inbuilt Null-Follow Up is awesome and her other Skills are just scary~ Expecting some crazy stats on her and her art looks really good~ Will use my tickets for her~

11 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how come?

Ayra debuted on a Banner with Eldigan and Lachesis with no warning.She's the only character introduced on a Banner with other units that were already in the game and people were really pissed about it because they had no idea it was coming and it felt like a greedy move from IS~

Just now, Landmaster said:

Ayra debuted on a Banner with Eldigan and Lachesis with no warning.She's the only character introduced on a Banner with other units that were already in the game and people were really pissed about it because they had no idea it was coming and it felt like a greedy move from IS~

oohhh. 
(I feeel i know this but i have a noodle brain)

I feel all tickets on red, and maybe green. (i need more axes) but i need Byleth. (because you know who doens't need more red infantry)

Wow, I didn't expect this trailer until tomorrow at the soonest. Really surprised.

But Claude's a horseback archer? I don't remember seeing him on a horse in any Three Houses footage, but I won't complain! Makes me want him even more. I guess he'll be my target in this banner. 😛 Edelgard is definitely appealing too though. Guess I'm going for colorless and green...if I decide to play again sometime. I currently have the game uninstalled. I'll either not play or I won't be playing for a day or so.

Female Byleth sounds so bland and emotionless though. Like...wow.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Well, neither Alm nor Celica were/have been demoted so why demote these ones? They're the most relevant characters past Byleth so I think it's fair to keep them exclusively as 5☆s. Had they added other characters per house would be another story.

Yeah, honestly, I'm not sure if this whole "don't demote later lords" thing is even a good move on their part. Chrom, Roy, and Marth (all of whom are popular) were available as 4-stars on launch, alongside other really popular characters like Camilla. More importantly, my issue is that if they choose these four characters to be on a regular banner, then they should really expect to drop someone instead of being like "b-but they're all lords and we don't want to drop new characters people might be crazy about to lower rarity". I could sort of understand the Fates beast banner since that was almost a farfetched heroes type banner, but even so that's not good precedent. It's not okay to let developers be stingy about dropping characters for dumb reasons since they've been very stingy about dropping characters this year in general with half the banners being seasonal and at least two New Heroes banners just not dropping anyone.

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how come?

She debuted on a banner with old characters and also shared a color with Eldigan, so people trying to pull for her got pitybroken by a unit that had been out for months at that point.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, neither Edelgard nor female Byleth are demoting with their skill sets, and Dmitri and Claude are probably not demoting since they both have a new skill despite having only four skills. Plus, I don't think they'd demote Dmitri with death blow 4 while I don't think they'd demote bow cavalier Claude. This is kind of bullshit. The Echoes banners still demoted people even though the game was new, and not demoting anyone just makes them that much harder to get, which makes less people who are able to get to know these characters and be able to love them in Heroes.

I'm sick of regular banners that don't demote people for dumb arbitrary reasons.

They could have given Byleth less powercreepy skills and demoted her, to be like Robin and Corrin, who they were okay with letting into the 3-4* pool.

6 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Well, neither Alm nor Celica were/have been demoted so why demote these ones? They're the most relevant characters past Byleth so I think it's fair to keep them exclusively as 5☆s. Had they added other characters per house would be another story.

Chrom, Eliwood, Robin, and Corrin are all okay being 3-4*.  It would be nice to let the masses have relatively easy access to at least one 3H character.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, honestly, I'm not sure if this whole "don't demote later lords" thing is even a good move on their part. Chrom, Roy, and Marth (all of whom are popular) were available as 4-stars on launch, alongside other really popular characters like Camilla. More importantly, my issue is that if they choose these four characters to be on a regular banner, then they should really expect to drop someone instead of being like "b-but they're all lords and we don't want to drop new characters people might be crazy about to lower rarity". I could sort of understand the Fates beast banner since that was almost a farfetched heroes type banner, but even so that's not good precedent. It's not okay to let developers be stingy about dropping characters for dumb reasons since they've been very stingy about dropping characters this year in general with half the banners being seasonal and at least two New Heroes banners just not dropping anyone.

i was talking abut this just now. Now - i personally have zero issues with seasonals, but we're more than 1/2 way into the year and as of now we only have 4 demotes. (and I literally had to think about 2 of them). if they compensate in the later half, so we have 12 new demotes - then that's great. 

But i am getting tired of 4 unit banners, and no elevated focus rate having 3 and 3 is slowly getting on my nerves, not to mention i agree. demoting Lords should be okay.I dunno if they'd Demote Claude. -and I dunno if htey'll demote DB4  (but to be fair, it's not like EVERYONE wants DB4. only like 3-4 units i can think off: Micaiah, Reinhardt, Cherche and Est)

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't know why they can't demote Far fetched Heroes.  If they don't want to give them a new power creepy skill, why not give them a decent, but not top-of-the-line skill that's long overdue for a 4* access like Speed Tactic or Swift Sparrow 2?

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i was talking abut this just now. Now - i personally have zero issues with seasonals, but we're more than 1/2 way into the year and as of now we only have 4 demotes. (and I literally had to think about 2 of them). if they compensate in the later half, so we have 12 new demotes - then that's great. 

But i am getting tired of 4 unit banners, and no elevated focus rate having 3 and 3 is slowly getting on my nerves, not to mention i agree. demoting Lords should be okay.I dunno if they'd Demote Claude. -and I dunno if htey'll demote DB4  (but to be fair, it's not like EVERYONE wants DB4. only like 3-4 units i can think off: Micaiah, Reinhardt, Cherche and Est)

The odds of more demotes this year isn't looking good with CYL and Brave Reduz taking up at least 2 slots, and every month having a seasonal now.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I don't know why they can't demote Far fetched Heroes.  If they don't want to give them a new power creepy skill, why not give them a decent, but not top-of-the-line skill that's long overdue for a 4* access like Speed Tactic or Swift Sparrow 2?

Because they're popular, that's really the only reason. Since Farfetched Heroes by definition are the highest scoring characters who are not in the game, IS needs to milk us of our money's worth and be stingy.

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

how come?

Back in ancient times (October 2017), the first FE4 banner appeared, marking the addition of Sigurd, Tailtiu and Deirdre. The little story map teaser at the end of the trailer showed Ayra, who was not on the banner. Typically, units showed off in this way end up being free units, likely from a TT or GHB, so a significant number of people made the assumption that she'd either be free or otherwise obtainable in a reasonable fashion.

Three days later, she appeared with zero fanfare on a VG banner alongside old units in Eldigan (to split the red focus) and Lachesis. The world burned. I don't think I've seen a bigger controversy other than maybe the revelation that the second anniversary free unit would be randomly selected from the four vote winners.

I think the outrage was more or less completely justified. The multiple factors involved stacked together to create the worst possible outcome. The three day gap ensured many people spent the bulk of their orbs on the actual New Heroes banner. Ayra came with a stacked skillset and arbitrary BST boost, making her probably the best unit of the bunch, and arguably making her the best unit in the game at the time. And finally, she split focus with an old unit who isn't all that desirable.

The only other time a new regular unit was added to a banner featuring otherwise old units was two months later, when Rhajat appeared on that weird Enduring Love VG banner alongside Tharja, Faye and Priscilla, but at least there was no surprise this time as they made sure to pre-announce where she'd be available from. Those were weird times.

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Dmitri and Claude are probably not demoting since they both have a new skill despite having only four skills.

Units with new skills have been demoted before, though the only ones I remember off the top of my head are Libra and Brady...

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've watched and rewatched Claude's animations, and at no point is he upside down.

Like I'd ACTUALLY role for these off-brand "heroes". Nice try, IS.

I would be funny if the copied the backflip Outlaw/Adventurer bow shot animation from Fates.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Units with new skills have been demoted before, though the only ones I remember off the top of my head are Libra and Brady...

Yeah, you're right about that. I am more worried about death blow 4, since I don't think they've demoted any tier 4 skills yet either, and Claude's class, because even if we got Bride Louise for free bow cavalier is still a powerful class.

My priority will be Dmitri>Claude>Edelgard>Byleth.  It's my birthday coming up, so I'll whale, at least for the guys.

Why are they reusing so many names in 3H?  It's not like they're at risk of running out of names, but having two Fire Emblem Claudes is confusing.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Why are they reusing so many names in 3H?  It's not like they're at risk of running out of names, but having two Fire Emblem Claudes is confusing.

What do you mean? I never noticed any repeated names in the game... What other Claude are you talking about?

On another note, I guess I don't really want to stay away from the game forever, I'll play again at some point...

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

What do you mean? I never noticed any repeated names in the game... What other Claude are you talking about?

On another note, I guess I don't really want to stay away from the game forever, I'll play again at some point...

Claude is a guy from FE4.  They also reused Lorenz, who is from Marthland.  There may be others I don't remember or am unaware of.