New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well. I'm fucked. Looks like Dimitri AND Claude have equal chances of demoting. And I really really want at least a copy of each. *sigh* back to grinding CCs. I may stand a chance of one of each plus additional Dimitri merges if I can get to 250+ orbs.

1 minute ago, wrathful said:

Wonder how many are gonna be angry about the lack of full kit for the men

Oh, I'm furious. But I'm still going for them primarily. And send some strongly worded feedback of IS' blatant favoritism towards females characters. 

Patterns have always been broken in Feh, but even if Claude occupies the 3rd spot in the trailer that's usually reserved for the demote, I can't see him getting demoted because of the following reasons. He's a cav archer (rare unit type) and a lord of the new game.

And people said there were going to be demotes because Echoes had them😋

16 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

well. I'm fucked. Looks like Dimitri AND Claude have equal chances of demoting. And I really really want at least a copy of each. *sigh* back to grinding CCs. I may stand a chance of one of each plus additional Dimitri merges if I can get to 250+ orbs.

The Lull skills seem to be quite strong though. No distinction between distance and even debuff on 2 stats in combat? I don't know looks to me like good fodder. Unless my reading comprehension fails me here. So demoting either of them if the skills are inheritable.. I don't know.

Edited by Stroud

I'm so torn on these. 

Lack of M Byleth annoys me.

Don't like F Byleth. Would only roll on her for Fury 4/Wrath 3 fodder.

Don't like characters who function away from allies. She doesn't fit my playstyle, so Edelgard is less appealing to me than she could be as both a unit and fodder. Also, this kit seems out of character for one defined by composure and leadership. This is more fitting of say... post timeskip Dmitri's kit.

Dmitri's lance is too situational. Death Blow 4 means no demote. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Claude would be an instant merge project for me if he demotes, but I wouldn't count on him demoting just because of his bow cavalry status. Please demote. I really like Claude.

I don't have an opinion on Kronya. Grail merge projects are half year commitments, so I have to either really like that character (Naesala, Michalis, Black Knight, Xander, Camus) to consider one, or they have to be so useful as to be must haves (Aversa).

Maybe I'll wait to see the mythic banner or next TH banner announcement in August to roll.

Edited by Etheus

The SF heroes community:  ‘IS is scummy and sexist for making M!Robin the banner unit and giving M!Corrin a pref weapon while their female counterparts are not even on a banner and have a generic unrefinable breath! They better show F!Byleth some love but probably won’t since M!Byleth is free when you buy the game!’

Also SF heroes community: ‘How dare they give F!Byleth a decked out kit and have a banner where there are not more men than women! IS is sexist and only caters to the male fantasy! M!Byleth could have been on this banner to make it more fair!’

Thank you for being entertaining as always! =]

I wonder if M!Byleth will be the same as F!Byleth. There would be no point in rolling since we'll get M!Byleth along with our purchase of Three Houses anyway. 

Really digging the units, although I wish Dimitri was an infantry unit. Meanwhile, Edelgard just wants to be as far away from people as possible. 

20 minutes ago, strangersmerc said:

Business as usual  then

~HEH~~HEH~~HEH~

Umm, are you talking to me?

18 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Oh, I'm furious. But I'm still going for them primarily. And send some strongly worded feedback of IS' blatant favoritism towards females characters. 

Sorry to hear that.

Guess we all can't be Ike....or Hector.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I wonder if M!Byleth will be the same as F!Byleth. There would be no point in rolling since we'll get M!Byleth along with our purchase of Three Houses anyway. 

Really digging the units, although I wish Dimitri was an infantry unit. Meanwhile, Edelgard just wants to be as far away from people as possible. 

Edelgard is axe Bernadetta confirmed.

14 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Don't like characters who function away from allies. She doesn't fit my playstyle, so Edelgard is less appealing to me than she could be as both a unit and fodder. Also, this kit seems out of character for one defined by composure and leadership. 

She's incredibly distant and treats her classmates like coworkers or subordinates.

Edelgard

Spoiler

Good:
1) Skills and weapons that grant its user guaranteed follow-up attacks are always welcome.
2) She brings to the table the first Dual Field Buff C Passive that Infantry can use; whether it's exclusive to Infantry remains to be seen. It's even superior in its own way, because it's not reliant on allies to activate (the opposite, it's reliant on not having nearby allies). Anyone using a Rouse skill will definitely want to have Drive users like Brave Lucina on their side.
3a) Atk/Def Solo is a great skill already, but her naturally having both Solo and Rouse granting that boost means she'll have a total of +12 Atk/Def as long as she's not adjacent to any ally. Her weapon even encourages her to strike out on her own.
3b) She has a large amount of great skills, making her pretty cheap to build.

Bad:
1) She looks like she'll be slow, as even the Lance Flier she goes against doubles her.
2) Her niche is being away from allies. While that's good for her, that may prove the opposite for her allies. If you have a healer on your team, you're heavily encouraged to equip Physic, and anyone even thinking of trying to use a Bond skill on the team needs to use a different ally unless Edelgard is out of range.

Rating: 7.5/10. She's a very independent unit that don't need no allies, but this can prove to be a bad thing if she's put in too much of a disadvantage. Maybe that's why Byleth needed to save her at the start of Three Houses.... Regardless, she does have a strong, independent skillset AND she comes with Rouse Atk/Def, so she won't be lower.

Dimitri

Spoiler

Good:
1) Though his weapon's effect is situational, it's very easy to fulfill and grants him a strong effect. He can pretty easily control how it activates if he inherits Noontime, Sol, or Aether (the last one if he has access to Heavy Blade, though that depends on his Atk stat on his stat reveal).
2a) Lull Atk/Def may look bad, but it's actually pretty strong. Yes, it only debuffs the opponent by 3 in both stats, but it also nullifies any bonuses in those stats. Not only does the Lull line look like a Hard Counter to Bonus Doubler, but it also lowers the effectiveness of Performing and Legendary Azura on the opponent's team. Not to mention that Flier, Horse, and Armor Emblem teams will get a major nerf from this. Atk/Spd Lull, when it comes out, will completely negate Class Hones.
2b) At the very least, Cavalry will have access to a guaranteed Atk-based Field Bonus nullifier. They've been getting further and further behind in terms of inherited skills. Whether this will be exclusive to Cavalry units remains to be seen (though I hope it isn't).
3) Another unit with Death Blow 4 means that you don't have to get rid of Brave Celica and Legendary Eliwood to pass it on.

Bad:
1) Right now, Cavalry aren't really that amazing. There are plenty of good Cavalry units, and Dimitri may also be one of those, but Cavalry has always gotten the short end of the stick in Heroes.
2) Vengeance isn't that great of a skill. It has a place in plenty of niche builds, but you're going to have to replace it with something else to optimize his skillset (probably Bonfire or Ignis, if one assumes he'll have a good Def stat).
3) He only comes with 4 skills. This isn't bad in general, in fact it's quite normal, but Edelgard (and Female Byleth below) have 5 skills.
4) Lull doesn't do anything against in-combat buffs, so a Def-based Brazen or Bond/Solo skill on the foe will spell trouble for him. Moreso, single and dual Blows (like Death Blow 4 and Swift Sparrow 3) are also unaffected, putting him at somewhat of a disadvantage against teams that rely on in-combat buffs.

Rating: 7/10. Despite my love for 

Claude

Spoiler

Good: (Disregard underlined text if in-combat debuffs can't stack with field debuffs)
1) Another new Bow Cavalier! Yet another reason to not use Brave Lyn! Yes!
2a) His weapon's condition isn't hard to activate, especially when his own Lull skill already puts you 60% of the way there. If he has a Singer or Dancer on his team, his Def Smoke will finish the condition without needing to have any other ally (except the Singer/Dancer) do anything.
2b) Not only is All-5 during combat really powerful, but his Lull skill guarantees that he'll actually inflict Spd/Def-8 during combat. If said Singer/Dancer lets him act again, his Def Smoke will combine with this for a guaranteed total of Def-15 during combat. There's no chance in hell that any Flier will be able to live combat with him (even Laegjarn, with the highest Def Asset of any Flier at 39, will only have 24 Def against him if she's already been affected by Def Smoke).
2c) If he inherits Spd Smoke, that -15 switches to Spd. Even if he ends up being revealed as a slow unit, he shouldn't end up having any trouble with doubling whatsoever, especially since his weapon already grants him an additional Spd+3. If/When Windsweep or Watersweep becomes a seal, he definitely won't have any problems with using it.
3) Glimmer has an extremely short cooldown, and synergizes almost brokenly with his skillset thanks to Lull Spd/Def.
4) I said this with Dimitri, but Lull skills make Bonus Doubler useless for those stats. It's even better that Claude has one that affects Spd, as this should make doubling him very difficult given the right inheritance.

Bad:
1) Not really a bad thing considering his power, but it still needs to be said. Cavalry hasn't had the best luck in this game.
2) If he's really as powerful as I said up there, then his Atk will probably be on the small side. Let's hope they don't gut him and turn him into another Odin....
3) This is both a good and bad thing. He doesn't come with his own A, which means he needs to inherit. Good A skills tend to be expensive, though, so whether this is good or bad depends on your budget.
4) As said above with Dimitri, Lull doesn't do anything against in-combat buffs. Of course, in-combat buffs also don't do anything to the debuffs he applies, so it's not that major of an issue for Claude as long as he fulfills his weapon's condition.

Rating: 8/10 or 10/10, depending on the interaction between his weapon and Def Smoke. It also helps that he's a Cavalry Bow unit, giving him high mobility with range and anti-flier support.

Female Byleth

Spoiler

Good:
1) Creator Sword is pretty much godly. Slaying Sword, Null Follow-Up, Null Charge (best name for it right now), AND Null Guard all in one weapon? Not only that, but for both phases? She pretty much completely negates the majority of every skill in the meta right now...it's not hard to say that this weapon alone turns her into a staple for any Anti-Meta team.
2) Ruptured Sky, her exclusive Special, does damage based on the opponent's Atk, and does even more against Dragons and Beast units (if her status as Anti-Meta Queen wasn't enough). Not just that, but Creator Sword lowers its extremely short cooldown count to 1. Let's go through the math here...if she's initiated upon by an Atk asset Tibarn, transformed and affected by his own Even Atk Wave, he'll have 69 Atk by his own power. Let's give him Atk+1 as a seal to even it out to 70. If she happens to somehow live that attack and counterattack (thanks to her sword letting her make a follow-up regardless of Sturdy Impact) Ruptured Sky will deal 28 extra damage to him. Ignis/Glacies would need for Byleth to have 35 Def or Res to match that, with twice the natural cooldown...thrice if you consider the cooldown count reduction (RS at 1 and Ignis/Glacies at 3).
More realistically, let's say we go against a beast/dragon with 50 Atk after everything. Byleth will deal 20 extra damage, meaning Ignis/Glacies need to have a more reasonable 25 Def or Res at, well, 3x the cooldown. That's pretty powerful.
3) Fury 4, Wrath 3, and Even Atk Wave 3 crank her offensive power up to 11. Fury and Wrath even synergize with each other, and the cooldown count reduction from Creator Sword guarantees that if Wrath activates at the start of the turn, it will fully charge Ruptured Sky, and it will deal even more damage. My calculations above didn't take into account any boost from Wrath...with a damage output that good without Wrath, just think of how powerful she is with it.
4) Being an Infantry Sword unit, she has access to great inherited skills like Steady/Warding/Fierce Breath and Steady Spiral. I mean, Steady Spiral would be wasted on her unless she traded out Ruptured Sky for a high-cooldown skill, but the option is always there. With her weapon's cooldown count reduction effect, she could honestly use Aether with no problems whatsoever and heal Fury's damage, always getting charged to 2 after every activation with Special Spiral (if she doesn't do another attack after Aether) and always being able to use Aether every battle and trigger SS. Honestly, her inheritance options are really varied thanks to her powerful skillset.
5) This feels like a moot point to say, but her natural skillset is powerful enough that she needs barely any inheritance to have a major effect on the battlefield.

Bad:
1) Ruptured Sky only does more damage against Beast and Dragon units. Glimmer or Moonbow may be a better option if you plan on pitting her against everyone else.
2) She needs to inherit Null C-Disrupt to finish out the Anti-Meta build, though this would end up replacing Wrath.
3) She's not Male Byleth...as in she's not going to be free. Thank Naga I'm getting Three Houses....
4) Being so powerful has to mean her stats will be somewhat trashy. I dearly hope this isn't the case.
5) Being so heavily Atk-based, she's likely going to be glassy. I think it's a fair assumption she'll need major assistance with her defense.

Rating: 10/10. I won't go and say she's the most powerful unit in the game, but she's certain the most spoiled. I'd probably go and say she's the Surtr of Infantry, and definitely a Game Changer, but everyone has their flaws and no one unit is a Game Breaker. Even if she does end up being a Glass Cannon, however, she's incredibly powerful and shouldn't be underestimated.

52 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Would it have hurt them to give one of the broken sets to the guys?

Depends on which side you are playing as. On Aether Raids defense, the guys are broken by default for being cavalry, and unless they give them game breaking setups, players will just replace their vanilla skill sets anyways with meta skill setups. In AI hands, melee infantry are kind of pathetic no matter what the developers do, unless the developers significantly boost their mobility. Claude as a ranged cavalry unit already makes him a top tier threat by default. Dimitri can be terrifying with Galeforce and/or Lunge to disrupt offensive players' super tank formations in Aether Raids.

In player hands, sure, Edelgarde and F!Byleth are decent and maybe better than Dimitri. But for ranged Player Phase players, as long as his Atk is not crap, Claude is superior to them all simply by being an archer.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've decided to stop playing this game altogether, though I won't uninstall it. It's not out of dislike that I choose to drop it. It's just that this game never clicked for me over the past months of trying it. There were optimistic moments where I thought it might, but they never amounted to anything. All I've done with this game has felt like busywork, summoning has been the only fun, but that is passing moments between longer bouts of dullness. Nor can I muster the full extent of my mind for strategizing the way I do with mainline FE, here, I just want the easy and brainless way out, which I don't really have the resources to do. And for someone who has a hard enough time finishing games that end, the concept of an unending game, which I've already shown a disinterest in I now realize with my history of Animal Crossing, means that FEH stumbles for me in yet another way.

That's pretty good reason to drop the game. You should probably drop it altogether if the game feels like an obligation instead of enjoying it. Especially a game that tries to get people addicted to it.

Unless you're hoping for Legendary Elincia?

36 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I'm pretty sure this banner will last for a month or at least 3 weeks. You should be able to get at least a 100 orbs? 

Anyone feel free to correct me on that.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

And for those who don't want to get 3 Houses?

18 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

The SF heroes community:  ‘IS is scummy and sexist for making M!Robin the banner unit and giving M!Corrin a pref weapon while their female counterparts are not even on a banner and have a generic unrefinable breath! They better show F!Byleth some love but probably won’t since M!Byleth is free when you buy the game!’

Also SF heroes community: ‘How dare they give F!Byleth a decked out kit and have a banner where there are not more men than women! IS is sexist and only caters to the male fantasy! M!Byleth could have been on this banner to make it more fair!’

~Plays "You're Welcome"~

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well then, you'd have thought they'd check for proper pronunciation of certain names too, but they didn't do that for Sothe and Yune, characters whose names had pronunciations in RD, but now have different ones in Heroes. And also, Lyon has two different pronunciations in Heroes alone. Eirika says "Leon" while Ephraim says "Lee-ohn." So...

Tome Eirika also says "Lee-own", so I imagine that is the correct pronunciation.

38 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Equal chances of 0%, maybe~ I don't see either of them demoting being the new Lords of the upcoming game. I wouldn't get my hopes up on demotes. The only demotes we've had so far this year have been fairly obvious with lackluster or almost worthless base kits, which isn't the case with Claude or Dimitri.

20 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

It's almost like the SF community isn't a hivemind.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Tome Eirika also says "Lee-own", so I imagine that is the correct pronunciation.

Equal chances of 0%, maybe~ I don't see either of them demoting being the new Lords of the upcoming game. I wouldn't get my hopes up on demotes. The only demotes we've had so far this year have been fairly obvious with lackluster or almost worthless base kits, which isn't the case with Claude or Dimitri.

Shhhh...I'm trying to be the rare optimist. And hoping a +10 Dimitri will be easier than a +10 F!Berkut. And realizing I now have 3 lance cavs I want to +10...

4 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Shhhh...I'm trying to be the rare optimist. And hoping a +10 Dimitri will be easier than a +10 F!Berkut. And realizing I now have 3 lance cavs I want to +10...

On the bright side, F!Berkut can pitybreak you while you pull for Dimitri~ 

o. m. g.  who would have ever guessed

also, no dorothea nor mercedes, so i'm definitely not going to reinstall heroes

btw, nice to see that they're not all infantry units, even though claude on a horse doesn't make sense to me

these new skills seem ok, nothing crazy, and kronya ghb is fine i guess

Update: Yes, combat debuffs do stack with field debuffs. Claude will be an absolute monster.

You'll be able to give him Atk Smoke and Lull Atk/Def, and he'll be able to inflict Atk-15 without even doing anything about his A slot. Give him Close Counter, and he'll be able to wall pretty much anyone affected by Atk Smoke.

Also, it was nice knowing you Odin. Your nonexistent reign of darkness has come to an end.