New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Dimitri's art looks....bad. 

How so? The fact that his hair doesn't look like oily spagettis is already a massive improvement.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

How so? The fact that his hair doesn't look like oily spagettis is already a massive improvement.

I think it has to do with the shading and general artstyle. He looks darker colored and noticeable more like a drawing than most Fe Heroes characters. Its not to the same extend but he does somewhat reminds me of original Hector or Raven. 

Seems like they want to keep Kronje under the wrap due to not appearing in Meet the Heroes. Her datamine will most likely come in the mythic hero batch.

Edited by redlight

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Seems like they want to keep Kronje under the wrap due to not appearing in Meet the Heroes. Her datamine will most likely come in the mythic hero batch.

Yeah, kind of figured. Only thing that explains why her GHB is so far away compared to when the banner drops.

Speaking of Meet the Heroes, it's slightly funny to me that in that they do still refer to Sword of the Creator as it is in Three Houses as opposed to its shortened Heroes name.

Kind of curious, but when they list associated characters at the bottom of these hero pages, aren't they usually characters that are in Heroes or will be soon? 

Not too impressed here. Maybe because I don't really know these units yet. But that will change next friday  :). Hopefully the forging bonds tickets will be merciful as I am saving up all orbs for the mythic banner

I personally find the lack of full slots on the men to be a bit of a relief, personally.

...whoa whoa whoa, keep those pitchforks for your Echoes army, and save those Torches for the Fog of War, and let me explain.

Many of the recent units, when I build them, I don't really "build" them, because the devs are doing too good a job at defining their place in the world (well, most of the time: feel free to fire the guy who keeps making all these Aether Raid-exclusive skills). As you could probably imagine, anyone with 3 passives filled I can really only give an Assist or Special and call it there. Not many of my newer units deviate much from their base skillset save a very select few, most notably Selkie (who runs with Fury and Desperation over her base Atk/Spd Bond and Sabotage Atk). Call it what you want, I call it a mix of not wanting to waste perfectly strong skills and not being that invested in them (I'm more a collector these days...)

So leaving a skillslot open for me to do as I wish, I kinda appreciate that. Dimitri I can see getting Fortify Cavalry, and Claude I can pass on a Blow skill depending on how strong and fast he is, or LnD3 if he doesn't have good enough defenses. Sure I understand not everyone has an abundance of unique resources, but Fort Cav, Blows, and LnD3 are pretty simple as far as resources go IMO.

...keep in mind this doesn't really apply to older units. Let's face it, Olwen is useless with Dire Thunder, and half the skills that launch units had are complete garbage on the units who received them.

Edited by Xenomata

I feel the powercreep on that Creator Sword. It counter both armor skills and all breaker skills.

Null Follow Up is fine because it require B slot but now it appear on weapon is so much powercreep.

Edited by Ginko

It's time to put your orb tactics to work, teacher.

Or just spam orbs.

So, 3 Houses is here. We've got the big three and F!Byleth (Surprise! We're getting her now). I'm never going to see Carrion at this rate. Edelgard is an Axe infantry with Victorious Axe (-1 Cooldown, Double attacks if more enemies are in range), Luna, Atk/Def Solo, Dull Close and the new Rouse Atk/Def (Gives Atk/Def +5 if unit is on own at start of turn (Okay, that sounds like a toy for Summer Ylgr. Or a lot of other units to be fair)). Dimitri is a horse Cav with the Noble Lance (Atk +3, if unit and enemy have 100% or less that 100% he gets to double), Vengeance, DeB4 (So he's staying 5*) and Lull Atk/Def 3 (Inflicts -3 Atk/Def and ignores buffs to those stats in combat). Claude is a colourless bow cav with Cunning Bow (Spd +3, if buffs on unit and debuffs on enemy total at least 10 (HONE CAV GET IN HERE!) reduces enemy stats by 5 across the board (Fuck that's cool)), Glimmer, Lull Spd/Def 3 (Like Dimitri's, but Spd/Def) and Def Smoke 3. F!Byleth is a sword infantry with Creator Sword (-1 Cooldown, has Null Follow-Up and also neutralises increased cooldown stuff like Guard or Bold Fighter), Ruptured Sky (Adds +20% of enemy's attack but dragons/beasts boost this by 40% (We've got another racist here!)), Fury 4, Wrath and Even Atk Wave (She sounds neat. Barring my volume of swords, give us more non-sword lords IS 0/10)

Calling it, no demotes. Also, the fuck we still fighting Lif for? Kronya (Whoever that is) is the GHB.

Edited by Dayni

28 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...keep in mind this doesn't really apply to older units. Let's face it, Olwen is useless with Dire Thunder, and half the skills that launch units had are complete garbage on the units who received them.

With proper setup, Dire Thunder is a pretty strong Weapon. Dire Thunder is still second to Blárblade, but it does outperform GA!Lucina's Thögn and her Brave Bow.

Challenger List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Olwen (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Dire Thunder  
Special: Luna  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  

Olwen (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Blarblade+  
Special: Moonbow  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk)  
😄 Goad Cavalry  
S: Brash Assault 3  

Klein (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Argent Bow  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Lucina (GA) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Thogn  

Lucina (GA) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Brave Bow+  

Alm (SK) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Luna Arc  
Special: Lunar Flash  

Alm (SK) (5*+10 +atk)  

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

With proper setup, Dire Thunder is a pretty strong Weapon. Dire Thunder is still second to Blárblade, but it does outperform GA!Lucina's Thögn and her Brave Bow.

Challenger List: Both sides +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs. Challengers at 1 HP.

Reveal hidden contents

CHALLENGER LIST  
Olwen (5*+10 +atk)  

Olwen (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Blarblade+  

Reinhardt (5*+10 +atk)  
😄 Goad Cavalry  
S: Brash Assault 3  

Klein (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Argent Bow  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Lucina (GA) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Thogn  

Lucina (GA) (5*+10 +atk)  

Alm (SK) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Luna Arc  

Alm (SK) (5*+10 +atk)  

How do you have the brain energy to do this at 1 in the morning...?

Perhaps perhaps... though otherwise I can only see a few semi-useful advantages to taking Quad Thunder over Blarblade.
>Hit-hit-hit-Luna trigger (except against Guard/Special Fighter/Halloween2018 weapons)
>Atk and Spd will be too low to trigger Chills on Olwen, besides maybe Gunnthra's Chilling Seal. Heck, she can attack Kliff without setting off Saggitae.
>The enemy will underestimate Olwen and lose at least one unit to her.

Oh no! Claude is almost here but I still have yet to get my Ursula.

I'm liking the skills I'm seeing though. I want multiple of Edelgard's C skill and at least one of Claude's B skill but at my current state I'll be lucky if I even get one character let alone multiple copies.

Weird that there's no M!Byleth around. Was expecting him as GHB after seeing F!Byleth in the banner but I guess not. Hopefully he'll be featured in a banner of his own too and since I'm getting the freebie Byleth I hope he's as good as his counterpart.

I really like how their weapons reflect their personalities. Edelgard is cold and distant towards others. Dimitri is chivalrous and prefers fighting on equal footing as his opponents. Claude is a low risk high reward kind of guy.

Of the remaining banners this month there are 2 that Byleth could potentially appear on, but if past patterns are anything to go by then only 1. With Rhajat we saw that they convey to the player that there'll be another banner with a new unit featured. This doesn't seem to be the case with Heroes with Close Defense which leads me to believe that male Byleth is the mythic hero of this month.

If the cutscenes are anything to go by then Cronya is a dagger unit with quite possibly gen 3 dagger BST if they truly get the same treatment as archers. Bow Alm is in the 160s, spring Loki 155 if I recall correctly. I hope she has a prf or at least a brand new inheritable weapon

It's funny how I was thinking of the Rend Heaven skill from Fates the other day and now they're releasing F!Byleth with Ruptured Sky. I was thinking of other specials that would scale off of the enemies stats like Raptured Earth for defense. Couldn't think of a good one for resistance though. Still Waters? I don't know.

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Ayra debuted on a Banner with Eldigan and Lachesis with no warning. She's the only character introduced on a Banner with other units that were already in the game and people were really pissed about it because they had no idea it was coming and it felt like a greedy move from IS~ 

Don't forget Rhajat. She was introduced in a Voting Gauntlet Banner.

Anyway, I am using my tickets on my boy Claude. I like debuffing teams, and I can see that's also what my boy likes too. Well, you don't need to debuff the enemy to trigger his bow effect. Just give him a Hone/Fortify Cavalry buff, which is 12 total bonuses, above of the 10 required.

I am kinda disappointed with Dimitri... I expected a Infantry Lance unit... The last one we got was Shiro in 2017!

Also... I don't know if someone already posted it, but this is Kronya:

Screenshot_20190719-0647032.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

26 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Don't forget Rhajat. She was introduced in a Voting Gauntlet Banner.

Anyway, I am using my tickets on my boy Claude. I like debuffing teams, and I can see that's also what my boy likes too. Well, you don't need to debuff the enemy to trigger his bow effect. Just give him a Hone/Fortify Cavalry buff, which is 12 total bonuses, above of the 10 required.

I am kinda disappointed with Dimitri... I expected a Infantry Lance unit... The last one we got was Shiro in 2017!

Also... I don't know if someone already posted it, but this is Kronya:

Screenshot_20190719-0647032.png

I wonder what movement and weapon type she will be. 

Also Male byleth will probably be just added to the pool. I just hope he isn't to similar to Female byleth (which is awesome with my spare DC she will be marvelous) I like Edelgard and claude too. 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think it has to do with the shading and general artstyle. He looks darker colored and noticeable more like a drawing than most Fe Heroes characters. Its not to the same extend but he does somewhat reminds me of original Hector or Raven. 

I think you mean comic drawings, since no characters in heroes approach photo-realism (other than maybe Dorcas and co.). I agree his lines are a bit darker, but his colours aren't anywhere near as flat as Raven's and Hector's and he fits in right among the other characters. It's pretty good.

This was kind of inevitable, but I'm totally rolling for Claude on my free summons. It's nice that we're slowly getting more Bow Cavs after what felt like a century of no new Bow Cavs.

Not sure why is Kronya is our first TH GHB over Reaper Knight or Flame Emperor, but whatever

12 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I wonder what movement and weapon type she will be. 

Also Male byleth will probably be just added to the pool. I just hope he isn't to similar to Female byleth (which is awesome with my spare DC she will be marvelous) I like Edelgard and claude too. 

Claude's bow looks to be a really good weapon.

We can see from Male Byleth's chibi art that he has the same weapon, but I expect a different skill set.

Edit: I didn't notice that Ruptured Sky was based on foe's Atk.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Weird that there's no M!Byleth around. Was expecting him as GHB after seeing F!Byleth in the banner but I guess not. Hopefully he'll be featured in a banner of his own too and since I'm getting the freebie Byleth I hope he's as good as his counterpart.

It'd be pretty pointless to give away M!Byleth in a promo if everyone could just get him for free anyway.

52 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Claude's bow looks to be a really good weapon.

We can see from Male Byleth's chibi art that he has the same weapon, but I expect a different skill set.

Edit: I didn't notice that Ruptured Sky was based on foe's Atk.

Can his weapon work with brazens because then he could even dethrone Brave Lyn in my cavalry team if I get him. 

Well male byleth will probably have creator sword and rapture sky but some other a b c skills and perhaps difrent focuses, female byleth could be focused on speed while male byleth could be focused on defense.

I didn't notice that about raptured sky, I  wonder how it will be recieved as usually enemy attack in modes not like arena and AR (TT, forging bonds etc) tends to be lower in my experience. 

They all look quite nice. Female Byleth was the one I wanted from the beginning, so I was actually hoping she would be free, but I guess they decided to make her extremely premium instead. Too bad for me, because with her being another Sword infantry on a four person banner it's hard to justify spending a lot of orbs for her, especially right after having been drained from the summer banners. If Male Byleth gets the same weapon I have even less reason to try, but I will spend my tickets on red at least.

I also want Fury 4 fodder, so it's slightly annoying that they put it on a character I actually want to keep, but it's also really funny that they gave both Fury and Wrath to the teacher.

I don't really like that they had to introduce another two skill series on this banner that need to be filled in with all the stat variations eventlually. I wish they would try to make some existing skills more available before making new ones, but I guess new and shiny sells.

Speaking of the new skills, are they good? The Lull skills occupy the B-slot and face a lot of competition, but the Rouse series seem pretty good, especially for certain setups in AR defense. I also have a hard time deciding if Ruptured Sky is good or not. It's got low cooldown, but will it do more damage than Moonbow and such in most situations?

10 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Can his weapon work with brazens because then he could even dethrone Brave Lyn in my cavalry team if I get him. 

I believe Claude uses visible buffs (like Hone, Fortify and Rally) and visible debuffs (like Chill, Smoke, Ploy) to trigget the bow's effect. Brazen skills will not trigger the effect, but the +7 to stats will work pretty well with the foe's -5 during combat. You can create a -12 difference with in-combat buffs/debuffs, and Claude/enemy will also have visible buffs/debuffs to make the combat even more interesting.

Huh they finally added Rend Heaven from Fates in the game, although translated different and with a weird anti-beast/dragon effect.

Rend Heaven is a cooler name though.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

It's funny how I was thinking of the Rend Heaven skill from Fates the other day and now they're releasing F!Byleth with Ruptured Sky. I was thinking of other specials that would scale off of the enemies stats like Raptured Earth for defense. Couldn't think of a good one for resistance though. Still Waters? I don't know.

Rapid Waters?

Also I now feel a little better for failing to get Summer Cordelia for Dull Close Luke memes. At last I just need a spooked extra Edlegard rather than waiting another year.

No one I'm really that connected to get or must-have in terms of skills, which is good since I still need to recover my orb stash. I guess I;'ll try free summoning Claude > Edelgard then maybe Byleth if no green/colourless

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Dimitri's art looks....bad. 

Considering it’s the same artist who did the original Jakob, it’s pretty understandable. At least they didn’t make Dmitri look creepy, so he looks decent enough.