New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean

He could also just randomly debut as a 4-star

Like Kaze did

kaze was introduced as a gift unit for a grand conquest event, he was dumped into the pool eventually, but there was a more significant addition, besides, no way they put distant counter in the 4* pool before close counter.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless he has trainee BST, I'll fodder him. DC+Chill Spd in one package is something blue lance units with decent speed want because blue and red tend to have faster melee units that green. Also, blue has color advantage over red so you're getting benefits for neutral and strong match-ups. I can't believe I wasted orbs on trying to get Hector only to get shitty Kana and a poor flaw Lute. 150 down the drain from last months F2P stash.

Keeping him as it'll be nice to have someone safely tank Bold Fighter ranged units like Flora.

What I'm more interested in though is whether this means we might get a non-red Mythic this month. Certainly hope so because I have no intention of pulling red, Legendary Marth is a unit I only ever need one of, being an AA hard counter and nothing more. The unlikely dream is for someone else to appear instead of towel Ryoma. I'm committed to pulling for Azura either way, but having two pointless units share blue hurts.

i'm planning to buy 3H on day 1, so i'll probably reinstall heroes just to claim my male byleth

i may dislike heores right now, but i don't dislike guaranteed free stuff

Edited by Yexin

Was tempted to fodder mine when I saw DC, Chill Spd, and Spd Wave, but I couldn't think of anyone at the moment who I want to give DC to except Keaton or Lloyd, but Keaton doesn't make good use of his B or C skill so it'll feel like a waste if I do and I'm quite happy with Lloyd's dueling set, plus he'd basically be just another Fir if I give him DC so I guess I'll keep him.

Wow, if it wasn't for the fact we can also get male Byleth as a gift, him being in the upcoming Mythic banner would probably be just as scummy as Ayra's situation was.

Distant Counter though, nice.

6 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but sothis is mentioned in byleth's related characters section in the meet the heroes section, I would expect her to show up in the near future, this could hint at her being added as this month's mythic. of course it may not be, like the jill situation with haar, but it is assumed that jill is going to be on farfetched heroes this year so this could point quite strongly that she may be slated for being added sooner rather than later.

Edit: So, M!Byleth is being introduced in the mythic banner (not as a mythic) nice that they didn't wait too long to introduce him so everyone spent their orbs already like ayra.

Don't do that. Don't give me hope for Jill X(

Weird. I considered the mythic banner but I figured its red slot was too packed.

Good that they're clearing all this up before the main banner goes live, though. Tells me not to worry much about female Byleth.

1 minute ago, wild said:

M!Byleth is only in the Mystic Pool?

*Angry Noises!*

You mean Mythic. And no, he's not, he's not the Mythic hero and he's free too. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You mean Mythic. And no, he's not, he's not the Mythic hero and he's free too. 😕

Your point?

I'm still angry

Just now, wild said:

Your point?

I'm still angry

Uh, the point is that you can get him for FREE if you get Three Houses? So why be angry at all?

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, wrathful said:

I care, does that count? 

Why wouldn't you?

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The Byleths seem alright so far. Gotta wait till the game releases to truly judge them but for me I think Byleth will be the one avatar I actually like.

Edit: also, if F!Byleth is anything to go by then M!Byleth will probably be a great unit and some people use characters for their usefulness and not necessarily because they like the character.

Well I was asking "people care about the avatar" before realizing where I was

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, the point is that you can get him for FREE if you get Three Houses? So why be angry at all?

Didn't realize buying a full game meant free

Edited by flamefan

6 minutes ago, flamefan said:

Didn't realize buying a full game meant free

Apparently nobody reads posts here. I said for free IF YOU BUY THE GAME. Not free period.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:16 PM, wrathful said:

Umm, are you talking to me?

Not at all, stranger.

~Heh~~Heh~~Heh~

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Apparently nobody reads posts here. I said for free IF YOU BUY THE GAME. Not free period.

Still gotta buy the game, stranger.

~Heh~~Heh~~Heh~

I am glad that he is not the mythic, but would they make sothis a mythic as of now? First if she is a dragon then she would be the 3rd dragon out of the 5 mythics. Also she would be massive spoilers for the game. From her weapon to her quotes.

Now back to the Byleths, he will be nice to have but female's wrath is far better (also I have a spare DC). Still will use him thought. Interesting that their special is inheritable by all non-dragon and beast units. It would be a nice alternative for one of my jul- twins. 

I also have 60 orbs so far ready for this (80 with the story chapter), will summon to get at least one new unit and then more saving for the mythic banner. 

Edited by SuperNova125

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am glad that he is not the mythic, but would they make sothis a mythic as of now? First if she is a dragon then she would be the 3rd dragon out of the 5 mythics. Also she would be massive spoilers for the game. From her weapon to her quotes.

Now back to the Byleths, he will be nice to have but female's wrath is far better (also I have a spare DC). Still will use him thought. Interesting that their special is inheritable by all non-dragon and beast units. It would be a nice alternative for one of my jul- twins. 

I also have 60 orbs so far ready for this (80 with the story chapter), will summon to get at least one new unit and then more saving for the mythic banner. 

I mean, she still hasn't revealed to be a dragon, so IDK.

Omfg Ruptured Sky really is inheritable. Well, it seemed pretty obvious that at the very least, dragons wouldn't be able to use it. There goes my dreams of Naga using it.

As for Male Byleth himself, he seems pretty alright. With Distant Counter, Chill Spd, and Odd Spd Wave, it looks like he will shit from his feminine side's Offensive role to a more Defensive one. Since he's packing Distant Counter, as well as both a Spd debuff and Spd self/ally buff, it looks like he wants to always be capable of doubling his foes — and with Creator Sword having Null Follow-Up built in, he won't be stopped. Being an Infantry unit, he can use the Flashing Blade seal and supercharge his own specials faster, while his undoubtedly slower opponents not only won't be able to counterattack more than once due to their Spd, but won't be able to take advantage of skills like Steady Breath or the Fighter skills to supercharge their own specials.

I'd say that if he were to inherit any skills, Aether would be a good one to have. And though I do love Distant Counter, having Steady Breath (with his Aether being at 4 thanks to Creator Sword's Killer effect) alongside his Chill Spd and Odd Spd Wave would pretty much guarantee activating Aether every battle. He could replace Odd Spd Wave for Edelgard's Rouse Atk/Def as well, helping along his defensive role while also helping with his offenses. While we're on the subject of the new units' skills, Claude's Lull Spd/Def (if it's inheritable to Infantry) would be a great replacement for Chill Spd so that he'll always nullify the opponent's buffs in Spd and Def (and if his Spd is the same as what Phoenixmaster speculated for Female Byleth, this would effectively put him at 45 Spd thanks to Lull Spd/Def also debuffing the foe by 3 Spd (and Def) during combat). If he actually ends up slow, Quick Riposte would be a great B for him as well since Creator Sword protects it.

I personally prefer Male Byleth, but only because my strategies are more defensive than offensive. Both of them are equally good, it depends on the person using them. If you don't plan on using him, his Ruptured Sky and Distant Counter are pretty good inheritance fodder.

Stats were datamined.

Spoiler

M!Byleth's 40 HP, 36 Atk, 38 Spd, 34 Def, and 20 Res gives him 168 BST. He's kind of like gen 3 version of +Spd, -Res Soleil. Soleil's base neutral attack is higher, but M!Byleth has a personal sword while Soleil doesn't as of now and will always have higher speed.

F!Byleth's 40 HP, 34 Atk, 40 Spd, 33 Def, and 21 Res gives her 168 BST. She's a gen 3 Karla with actual defense. Compared to Karla, -2 HP, -1 Atk, +10 Def, and -1 Res.

Edelgard's 41 HP, 39 Atk, 30 Spd, 37 Def, and 21 Res gives her 168 BST. She's like a gen 3 version of +Atk, -Res summer adult Tiki or summer Xander. Compared to adult summer Tiki, +5 HP, +3 Atk, +5 Def, -3 Res and compared to summer Xander, -2 HP, +7 Atk, +1 Def, and +5 Res.

Claude's 39 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 20 Def, and 21 Res gives him 150 BST. Stat-wise, he's a colorless +HP, -Def Sue. Compared to Sue, +3 HP, +1 Atk, -1 Spd, -3 Def, -1 Res.

Dimitri's 40 HP, 36 Atk, 29 Spd, 34 Def, and 18 Res gives him 157 BST. People who called him as being like legendary Ephraim were right. Compared to legendary Ephraim, -3 HP, +2 Spd, and +1 Def. In other words, he's basically a +Spd, -HP legendary Ephraim who can run any blessing he wants, but has to some, a worse lance. I have this weird feeling that Dimitri was intentionally designed to be the least liked character of Three Houses. Would not be surprised if he died in every ending including his "own" Blue Lions route.

Kronya's 44 HP, 31 Atk, 39 Spd, 22 Def, and 26 Res gives her 162 BST. RIP Gaius. The one thing Gaius had over the other dagger units was his high HP and Kronya is more or less a gen 3 Gaius and like other ranged units, choosing the unique refinement for his eventual personal weapon won't give a HP boost, so you're stuck with a stat refine or going with a +HP Gaius to close the gap. Compared to our lovable candy thief, +2 HP, +3 Atk, +3 Spd, and +7 Res. That said, it's pretty refreshing to see a new unit who has high-ish HP. Also, because of her gen 3 ranged infantry BST, she's also like a ranged Lon'qu. Compared to Lon'qu, -1 HP, +3 Atk, and +4 Res.

Edited by Kaden

Wow, I'd be disappointed to get Dimitri even as a pitybreaker on another banner.

Kronya's skills from the linked thread:

Anthame / Luna / Desperation 3 / Distant Guard 3

Name: Athame Description: Grants Res+3. At start of combat, if foe’s HP < 100%, grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat, and if foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack. Effect:【Dagger 7】 【Dagger 7】 After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.

Superboonbanes:

BST:
  • M!Byleth: 168
  • F!Byleth: 168
  • Edelgard: 168
  • Dimitri: 157
  • Claude: 150
  • Kronya: 162

Superassets:

• M!Byleth: Spd
  • F!Byleth: Spd
  • Edelgard: Atk