New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure what's wrong with covering more than one base if you have the ability to do so.

Wrong? Nothing. She's probably still my most valuable 5-star exclusive despite only being +1. But I feel it probably makes Claude the marginally better unit for general use.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looks like normal adult male proportions to me.

Compare his face to the rest of the new units' faces though. Male Byleth clearly has the smallest one. Also looks small compared to his body.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Wrong? Nothing. She's probably still my most valuable 5-star exclusive despite only being +1. But I feel it probably makes Claude the marginally better unit for general use.

If you're sticking with their exclusive weapons, Lyn is easier to keep alive whereas Claude does more damage. It basically just depends on if "general use" for you includes enough enemies with Distant Counter.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Compare his face to the rest of the new units' faces though. Male Byleth clearly has the smallest one. Also looks small compared to his body.

None of the other new units are adult males. His body looks big because he's standing squarely towards the viewer and is wearing pauldrons over his cape that are the same color.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

None of the other new units are adult males. His body looks big because he's standing squarely towards the viewer and is wearing pauldrons over his cape that are the same color.

Uh, I didn't know Claude and Dimitri were kids... They definitely don't look like kids. Not even teenagers.

Just now, Nimrod said:

which demotes do you consider good? worthy +10ing 

Raphael and Mordecai are more for utility. Starting from Tailtiu who wasn't demoted from the 5 star pool last year, these past 2 years have been pretty OK. I'd recommend merging units for arena scoring instead of favorites, but if you don't care about that then do whatever you want. There are however plenty of good launch units that have received powerful buffs.

If we'd have demotes then I'd have them have their own personal weapon or at least something that makes them unique like unit typing. Good fodder from demotes nowadays is in heavy demand due to IS pumping out new skills faster than they can demote them..

Just now, Anacybele said:

Uh, I didn't know Claude and Dimitri were kids... They definitely don't look like kids. Not even teenagers.

They're still in school. That's literally the entire point of the school phase of Three Houses.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They're still in school. That's literally the entire point of the school phase of Three Houses.

You don't have to be a kid to go to school. Ever heard of college? Also, if these were kids, Byleth should not be able to romance them later. That's disgusting, even five years later.

Edited by Anacybele

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

So, what you're telling me in this spoiler is that we should totally get an inheritable Close Counter upgrade that grants Atk+8 when attacked in the future, right? 😛

At this point, maybe making it so all dagger units inflict Atk/Def-4 on their foes as their inherent ability would be fine on top of their field debuffs after attacking. Or maybe even expand it to on foes within 2 spaces of them as an Atk/Def version of Tharja's Hex's Anathema unique refinement.

Daggers got Broadleaf Fan as their Blade tome option, although it is not in the regular summoning pool, and its reliability depends on enemy positioning.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@XRay

Reveal hidden contents

Keep in mind that it is reliant on both the total bonuses on Claude and the total penalties on the foe. A single Hone Cav should put him over 10 total bonuses, and a single Chill/Sabotage should further enable his ability to trigger the bow's effect safely.

Also I think Kronya will be better off focusing down a single unit, rather than multiple at a time. Yeah it's unrealistic, but good positioning can make a situation where the enemy is forced to send down just one unit to try and attack Kronya, so as long as she has weakened them... methinks the following set will work best:

Merge: +1
W: Athame
S: Moonbow/Glimmer
A: Close Counter/Death Blow
B: Poison Strike
S: Poison Strike

The merge is to give her the extra attack and spd for just a few extra foes.
Simple build: Attack at least once, and the foe is weakened both by [Dagger 7] and double Poison Strikes. Assuming she has 46 Atk total with the merge, she should deal a sizable amount of damage at once to most foes. Death Blow sacrifices the ability to counter melee units for a little extra damage when a ranged unit tries to attack her. When the poor sap comes in, she is stronger and hits first, and the foe is very weak. Bonus, if she doubled the foe then she also has a Moonbow/Glimmer charged up, though maybe for safety or for those especially fast foes she should be assisted by Legendary Hector.

Alternative, she can drop her B Poison Strike for Wind/Water Sweep, to ensure that her target can't counterattack. She might be better supported by a Flash+ staff though, so she isn't losing so much chip damage for an effect that can be inflicted on the foe instead.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kronya can get 31 (base Atk) + 14 (weapon Mt) + 5 (weapon effect) + 7 (Savage Blow 3) + 7 (Dagger debuff) + 7 (Savage Blow 3 Sacred Seal) = 71 effective Atk, and running Ruptured Sky + Special Spiral gives her about 11-14 damage at 20% and about 22-28 damage at 40%.

That's passable for Aether Raids against offensively focused teams that don't have good mitigation for the debuffs and passive damage, and pairs well with Duma's Upheaval in pretty much every other game mode.

Reinhardt +Atk — 35 Atk
Blárblade — 13 Mt + 24 Atk
Reposition
Moonbow
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow/Res Smoke — "7 Atk"
Brazen Atk/Def — 7 Atk
Buffs 6/6/6/6 — 6 Atk
Total: 85 guaranteed Atk + 7 conditional Atk = 92 Atk

Laevatein +Atk — 40 Atk
Laevatein — 19 Mt + 24 Atk
Reposition
Moonbow
Distant Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow/Def Smoke — "7 Atk"
Brazen Atk/Def — 7 Atk
Buffs 6/6/6/6 — 6 Atk
Total: 96 guaranteed Atk + 7 conditional Atk = 103 Atk

Spoilers just in case:

Spoiler

Kronya — 31 Atk
Athame — 14 Atk + "5 Atk" + "7 Atk"
Reposition
Ruptured Sky ~14 Atk (Assuming 70 Average Atk.)
Close Counter
Special Spiral
Savage Blow — "7 Atk"
Brazen Atk/Spd — 7 Atk
Buffs 6/6/6/6 — 6 Atk
Total: ~72 guaranteed Atk + 5 conditional Atk +14 conditional Atk = 91 Atk

I guess Kronya can sort of work if you Smite her right into the foe's face, but enemies are not always bunched up like that. Kronya's first round of combat also lacks 19 conditional Atk in her first round of combat, and that huge chunk of Atk is conditional on enemies being bunched up AND not have Healing Tower (D).

And unlike Blade mages who just need VS!Azura and a Bolt Trap to set up, in addition to that, Kronya is also going to at least need Velouria just to get Ruptured Sky-Special Spiral ready and maybe Duma if the player wants to salvage 12 out of 19 conditional Atk for her first round combat.

Compared to Blade mages, Kronya is more difficult to set up and her Atk is much less reliable.

So many loved ones lost... Father. Stepmother. Friends. Allies. I alone can silence their pleas for revenge.

My mother died shortly after I was born. I can't even recall her face...

And that's before the time skip? Dimitri is going to have a hard time later on.

Someday I'll lead the Leicester Alliance, but my ambitions are far grander. I want to change the world.

The world would be better off without the false belief systems that we're bound to... Eh, that's what I think anyway.

Getting Arvis 2.0 vibes from Claude.

Kronya feels like Peri but without the bad Harley Quinn impression in the dub.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You don't have to be a kid to go to school. Ever heard of college? Also, if these were kids, Byleth should not be able to romance them later. That's disgusting, even five years later.

The house leaders are 17. That's basically high school seniors. So yeah, technically they're kids. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The house leaders are 17. That's basically high school seniors. So yeah, technically they're kids. 

Still close enough to adult to me. It's basically full grown regardless.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:
Spoiler

Well let's consider using a CC+Savage blow set and all the factors here.

•  -7 Damage from SB
  • -7 DEF debuff
  • +5 ATK from her PRF

That's by all accounts 19 additional damage to the enemy before we factor in her potential visible or in combat buffs. Then we can do stuff like give her Special Spiral, Moonbow/Glimmer and Fierce Stance 3 in her seal slot. She's killing pretty much any non-raven mage as well as the speedy but squishy infantry with Vantage skill procs. There are definitely far more powerful options for sets like this, but I think she's at the very least viable.

I forgot to quote you in the above post. I tried to edit my post, but it said I can no longer edit it.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If they are around 16-17 in the schooldays and you can romance them with the Age of 21-22 I don't think there is anything disgusting. 

Just now, Stroud said:

If they are around 16-17 in the schooldays and you can romance them with the Age of 21-22 I don't think there is anything disgusting. 

Teacher/student romances in general are looked down upon though, at least where I come from. Regardless of age. I will not be having my Byleth romance any of the students, personally. Hopefully there are other characters she can romance that aren't students.

Also, the students would then all be younger than her. I prefer an older spouse.

Edited by Anacybele

28 minutes ago, redlight said:

Raphael and Mordecai are more for utility. Starting from Tailtiu who wasn't demoted from the 5 star pool last year, these past 2 years have been pretty OK. I'd recommend merging units for arena scoring instead of favorites, but if you don't care about that then do whatever you want. There are however plenty of good launch units that have received powerful buffs.

If we'd have demotes then I'd have them have their own personal weapon or at least something that makes them unique like unit typing. Good fodder from demotes nowadays is in heavy demand due to IS pumping out new skills faster than they can demote them..

I think I am somewhere in between of everything. Of course it would be cool to score high in arena. But the way I see it, the rewards are only slightly better than if I stay in lower tiers. 1-2 orbs less per week won't break the game for me. The additional feather income is nulled imo if I had to invest 220k before on +10ing an armored just to participate, not to mention pulling for required skills.

That's why I want to strike a balance between units I like and general usefulness. Been thinking about Bartre lately (saw akariss AA vid and was sort of amused and got to like the guy), too bad I sent two copies home last week.

Edited by Nimrod

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Teacher/student romances in general are looked down upon though, at least where I come from. Regardless of age. I will not be having my Byleth romance any of the students, personally. Hopefully there are other characters she can romance that aren't students.

Also, the students would then all be younger than her. I prefer an older spouse.

After the timeskip, they are no longer your students though.

Not to worry, you can romance teachers.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

This is my gripe with this kind of complain.
Yes these kind relationships are looked down upon, that is in Japan the same as in America or many other countries as far as I know. 

I still think we should not force all our believes in all games, novels and that. Especially since its in a Medieval World which has other priorities than thinking about what is a morally right relationship. It can have Kontroverse things which we disagree with and still be good, authors would be damn limited if they need to care about it a lot. And I think 3H is the false game to complain about such points, because to me the timeskip is quite a good change and we finally have many characters in an age range later on I just prefer.

As for Romance I am kind of in the same boat, as I like to romance Byleth with an older character, but its just my preference. I also liked Reina in Fates a lot and was glad that they had some character like this there. 

Also it depends on how they close the romance bag. I would find it more nice if that only can be done after the time skip. Because for most of the characters they have shared quite some time together in those years and a Relationship can be more believable at this point.

Maybe I've gone a bit astray here. My point is in Stories I think we can forgive swaying from our moralities as long as maybe some threshold which is extreme is crossed. If the students would be 10 I would also be like hell no. But Teacher student Romance I think can differ in those Medieval world since its also an Academy which differs from what we have in our world. We might not agree with this, but accept it as part of the setting.

I mean even in Persona 5 it was possible and the writing on these relationships was quite good. That the feeling got over that its not socially accepted but they just have gone through with it.

Just now, Michelaar said:

After the timeskip, they are no longer your students though.

Not to worry, you can romance teachers.

But they were and that's still gross to me.

I don't care for the idea of teacher/teacher romances either due to it being a romance between coworkers (and I never like those), though I don't dislike them as much as teacher/student. I guess there won't be anyone in this game my Byleth can romance that isn't a student or teacher? Super lame.

I suppose in a way, soldiers throughout the series are coworkers, but... Things just feel different there for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Stroud said:

This is my gripe with this kind of complain.
Yes these kind relationships are looked down upon, that is in Japan the same as in America or many other countries as far as I know. 

I still think we should not force all our believes in all games, novels and that. Especially since its in a Medieval World which has other priorities than thinking about what is a morally right relationship. It can have Kontroverse things which we disagree with and still be good, authors would be damn limited if they need to care about it a lot. And I think 3H is the false game to complain about such points, because to me the timeskip is quite a good change and we finally have many characters in an age range later on I just prefer.

As for Romance I am kind of in the same boat, as I like to romance Byleth with an older character, but its just my preference. I also liked Reina in Fates a lot and was glad that they had some character like this there. 

Also it depends on how they close the romance bag. I would find it more nice if that only can be done after the time skip. Because for most of the characters they have shared quite some time together in those years and a Relationship can be more believable at this point.

Maybe I've gone a bit astray here. My point is in Stories I think we can forgive swaying from our moralities as long as maybe some threshold which is extreme is crossed. If the students would be 10 I would also be like hell no. But Teacher student Romance I think can differ in those Medieval world since its also an Academy which differs from what we have in our world. We might not agree with this, but accept it as part of the setting.

I mean even in Persona 5 it was possible and the writing on these relationships was quite good. That the feeling got over that its not socially accepted but they just have gone through with it.

...Okay. Good for you. You can't force me to change my opinion/choice.

I didn't plan to pull from this banner, but I got a free Edelgard and am very happy with her. 

Must say she is a really nice unit, doubling on PP & EP. Not sure what Assist to give her yet, perhaps Smite is the best option:

"Leave me alone already, I have killing to do!"

Just now, Anacybele said:

FINALLY got Claude! And with +Atk and no -Spd to boot! So happy. ^^

Congratz. That's probably his best asset