New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

Ack, got lousy luck with my freebies.

MRobin, Mae, Draug, Silas, and Henry.

Welp, no units to HM farm for the foreseeable future until August 3rd (Kronya).

Edited by Roflolxp54

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? Spd wouldn't be his best? Well, either way, still happy. 😛

Depends on the mode. Sometimes I wish I my BH!Lyn has +Spd instead of +Atk to double some Aether Raids enemies, but since I run 2 Dancers/Singers, I can often just Dance/Sing her again to "double" and still have a leftover Dancer/Singer to pull out. However, the frequency of needing to do that is not often, and the +Atk is definitely better when facing against armor units.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Depends on the mode. Sometimes I wish I my BH!Lyn has +Spd instead of +Atk to double some Aether Raids enemies, but since I run 2 Dancers/Singers, I can often just Dance/Sing her again to "double" and still have a leftover Dancer/Singer to pull out. However, the frequency of needing to do that is not often, and the +Atk is definitely better when facing against armor units.

Ah, yeah, makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? Spd wouldn't be his best? Well, either way, still happy. 😛

There's a point where Spd becomes unnecessary. You're just stacking a stat you're not getting anything out of after a certain threshold. 40 spd with his bow's passive effect + lull spd/def + A slot skill + Sacred Seal. Last, but not least, -5 to all stats for the opponent.

Now for a bit of an gimmicky and expensive build suggestion. If you plan on getting Caneighis he's seemed to be predicted coming on the new mythic hero banner. You could give Claude DD4 and replace his B slot with Chill Def or Spd. Desperation would work as well if a chill is in the Seal slot

Just now, redlight said:

There's a point where Spd becomes unnecessary. You're just stacking a stat you're not getting anything out of after a certain threshold. 40 spd with his bow's passive effect + lull spd/def + A slot skill + Sacred Seal. Last, but not least, -5 to all stats for the opponent.

Now for a bit of an gimmicky and expensive build suggestion. If you plan on getting Caneighis he's seemed to be predicted coming on the new mythic hero banner. You could give Claude DD4 and replace his B slot with Chill Def or Spd. Desperation would work as well if a chill is in the Seal slot

Yeah, true.

I actually already have a Caineghis, but I'd like to keep him around. Desperation isn't too hard to get, I'll probably go with that in the end.

55 minutes ago, redlight said:

Why? Claude's defenses are pretty terrible, even with Distant Def 4. Also, Distant Def 4's effects only activate on enemy phase, meaning you're effectively running with an empty A skill on player phase.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Why? Claude's defenses are pretty terrible, even with Distant Def 4. Also, Distant Def 4's effects only activate on enemy phase, meaning you're effectively running with an empty A skill on player phase.

As I said. It's gimmicky. However he can reach a pretty decent def/res amount with DD4 and his bow as well as remove buffs from ranged enemies for his bow to work better. But again. It's gimmicky

1 minute ago, redlight said:

As I said. It's gimmicky. However he can reach a pretty decent def/res amount with DD4 and his bow as well as remove buffs from ranged enemies for his bow to work better. But again. It's gimmicky

A gimmick needs to actually work to be a gimmick.

Removing the opponent's field buffs doesn't do anything to his bow more than what it says on the tin. His bow's effect is completely unaffected by his opponent's bonuses. Only his own bonuses and his opponent's penalties count.

And he's still severely sacrificing his player-phase performance to run that build.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A gimmick needs to actually work to be a gimmick.

Removing the opponent's field buffs doesn't do anything to his bow more than what it says on the tin. His bow's effect is completely unaffected by his opponent's bonuses. Only his own bonuses and his opponent's penalties count.

And he's still severely sacrificing his player-phase performance to run that build.

Neutral def Claude can reach 39 def on EP with Distant Def 4 + fortify cavalry + weapon effect. Which can be boosted even higher with seals like DD 3, Atk/Def bond, Steady Stance, etc. And can continue to go even higher with spurs/drives/wards. Seems pretty good for a ranged tank gimmick.

Lol I love how you can get a warning for spamming, when you only put up a single video that has everything to do with the topic and literally speaks for itself.

Back to what I've said before, I'm really happy that Lull skills are exclusive to Infantry and Cavalry. The latter's been on the bench for the longest time, so being able to nullify the Field Bonuses of its competition more effectively than Dull skills do should help get it back on track.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Neutral def Claude can reach 39 def on EP with Distant Def 4 + fortify cavalry + weapon effect. Which can be boosted even higher with seals like DD 3, Atk/Def bond, Steady Stance, etc. And can continue to go even higher with spurs/drives/wards. Seems pretty good for a ranged tank gimmick.

Two years ago that would have been good, but the standards for ranged tanking have increased significantly since then. Sure, it still works for "regular" content, but then again, so do a lot of things.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Two years ago that would have been good, but the standards for ranged tanking have increased significantly since then. Sure, it still works for "regular" content, but then again, so do a lot of things.

84 physical bulk and 85 magical bulk with enough spd to avoid being doubled by most isn't good enough? Then what is?

Finally a 4 Unit Banner that didn't destroy me with either Offbanner City or a terrible orb-to-5* focus rate.

36 orbs total, using the free pull and all tickets, taking only Greens and Reds:
+def/-spd Edel
+res/-spd Karla
+res/-spd FByleth
(all new units to me)

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

84 physical bulk and 85 magical bulk with enough spd to avoid being doubled by most isn't good enough? Then what is?

I mean, that's literally right around where old-school tanks are sitting at in terms of single-hit bulk, minus the Spd to enforce single hits, which is what I was getting at.

By old-school tanks, I mean things like vanilla Fae, who has 80/81 single-hit bulk at +0 merge with no buffs and with empty A and S slots (and is not vulnerable to being Dulled herself because ranged units cannot learn Dull Close).

Sure, it's impressive that a ranged unit can achieve defensive stats to compete, but the bar had been raised quite some time ago.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

The point where Spd stacking becomes unnecessary is pretty high. A lot of nukes can reach 45+ Spd on Enemy Phase, and while quite a few of them have shit bulk, not all of them have bulk so crap that they die in one hit. Unless your unit is running double Brazens for stupid amounts of Spd, you cannot go wrong with Spd stacking.

While Lull Spd/Def is suitable for the AI on defense since survival is not top priority, it is unsuitable for players since players generally cannot afford to lose units. If the player is sticking with Cunning Bow, then the player should be running Desperation instead. Lull Spd/Def should only be kept if the player is running Firesweep Bow or a slow Brave build, although if they are running a slow Brave build, Lull Atk/Def would be better to synergize with Moonbow-Heavy Blade.

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

47 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

He does not have enough Spd. 40 Spd is fine in Arena where enemies are running scoring crap like Distant Counter and Duels, but 40 Spd is super slow for tanking nukes in Aether Raids. Nukes there will double you with 50+ Spd. If you actually want a unit to Spd tank in Aether Raids, the unit needs to reach at least 45 Spd at merge +0, or be a super tank with decent Spd and M!Corrin support

Any nuke running Dull Ranged will be immune to Cunning Bow's in combat debuff unless you can apply enough bonus debuffs on them with Gunnthá or something. Lewyn has Desperation right away, Ishtar with Flashing Blade is designed to break a unit's Guard, a triggered triple Brazen Celica will murder anything that accidentally sets her off, and none of them have a problem doubling and overwhelming Claude. SK!Alm is even more ridiculous as he gives 0 fucks about all stat -5 and will kill Claude with Luna Arc and his stupid amount of Spd.

Challenger List: Claude is not in yet, so I am using BH!Lyn. She has bonus debuff of Res -7 and Spur buff of Spd +2. Both sides are +10 to give BH!Lyn additional bulk.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Lyn (Brave) (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Mulagir  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Distant Def 4  
B: Guard 3  
S: Distant Def 3  

Enemy List: Celica has 20 Damage to simulate being triggered by DW!Berkut or Bolt Trap. Both Celica and SK!Alm have bonus debuff of all stat -5.

Spoiler

ENEMIES - CUSTOM LIST  
Alm (SK) (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Luna Arc  
Special: Lunar Flash  
A: Swift Sparrow 3  
B: Null Follow Up 3  
😄 Odd Atk Wave 3  
S: Darting Blow 3  

Lewyn (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Forseti  
B: Dull Ranged 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Ishtar (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Mjolnir  
B: Dull Ranged 3  
S: Flashing Blade 3  

Celica (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Ragnarok  
A: Brazen Atk Spd 4  
B: Desperation 3  
😄 Spur Def 3  
S: Brazen Atk Spd 3  
Upgrade Path: 5 

Managed to get a free neutral Claude, so that's cool. Anyway, about the units and my opinions on them:

Edelgard hits hard and looks to be top of the line for an infantry axe unit.

Dimitri is honestly a little disappointing, but definitely still not a bad unit by any means! If anyone demotes, I really think it'd be him.

Claude is basically Brave Lyn, just without Sacae's Blessing. So that's good.

Byleth is the typical one-man/woman sword army, joining the ranks of Karla and Legendary Marth.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Byleth is the typical one-man/woman sword army, joining the ranks of Karla and Legendary Marth.

If I remember correctly, HK!Marth has Bonus Doubler on Exalted Falchion, so he has to be near allies to get buffs, and if he is sticking with his base kit, he needs to be adjacent to allies to utilize Atk/Spd Bond and Infantry Flash only works with infantry allies in two spaces.

I knew I was gonna try to get all the 3H lords so I haven't spent a single orb since F!Berkut (I had about 250 saved up before him but I pulled three copies of him, and pulled a Thea and F!Tki at the same time so I have no regrets.) All-in-all, 340ish orbs total including the ones from the chapter, and I grabbed all the tickets too.

I got a Byleth in exactly 45 obs, +atk -res. Nice.

By the time I got Edelgard (+spd -hp), I was down to 1 orb. 6% pity rate. ouch.

And the boys (particularly Dimitri) were the two I wanted the most... Here's hoping one of them gets demoted. It's a real shame this isn't a 30-day banner.

I got baited a little bit which is why I got my Lewyn fodder, he was like telling me : "Stap, you can fodder me, but save your orbs" (Atk-). Damage report is only 40 orbs though which is quite ok and I will wait until I know what is on the next banner.

Sometimes I just think even if I like the new characters which come out that I should be careful considering pulling for them. I would be glad to have Edelgard, but my Barracks are so full that I do not think that I will make much use of her and as long as I am not mindblown with a character in 3H I am still set for at least gradually saving for my favorites as ever.

But if they show up on a banner with better chances I might go for one or the other, but overall new Banner tend to have the same pattern lately and are just the pattern I kind of beware. 

Edited by Stroud

So, apparently Byleth's Creator Sword allows them to double through their own Watersweep. Oh boy, this should have some interesting implications.

Sauce

Edited by Humanoid

51 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So, apparently Byleth's Creator Sword allows them to double through their own Watersweep. Oh boy, this should have some interesting implications.

It's like Null-Follow-up plus Firesweep. Didn't run into this set often though. 

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, that's exactly what Null Follow-Up does: Fully neutralize any skill effect or status effect that prevents your follow-up or guarantees the opponent's follow-up. If Byleth were armored, Creator Sword would make their own Wary Fighter only prevent the opponent's follow-up and not also prevent their own follow-up.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, that's exactly what Null Follow-Up does: Fully neutralize any skill effect or status effect that prevents your follow-up or guarantees the opponent's follow-up. If Byleth were armored, Creator Sword would make their own Wary Fighter only prevent the opponent's follow-up and not also prevent their own follow-up.

I understand why the interaction causes that to happen, but by the English wording of the skill at least, it shouldn't work because it explicitly specifies "foe's skills". Is there a translation issue again here?

Creator Sword: "During combat, disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack or prevent unit's follow-up attack"

Null Follow-up: "Disables foe's skills that guarantee foe's follow-up attack and foe's skills that prevent unit's follow-up attack."