New Heroes Approach: Three Houses (July 22 ~)

Coolmanio

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You must mean Heavy Blade, because Claude has a horse and cavalry units can't use Flashing Blade.

He means Flashing Blade because Claude likely has high Spd, but he forgot that cavalry can't use it.

23 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Edelgard (whose special looks to definitely be exclusive)

I assume you meant Byleth.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruptured Sky is inheritable like Blue Flame. For one, it has very normal-looking damage output for a 2-cooldown Special. 20% of Atk (against most enemies) on a 2-cooldown Special is in line with Draconic Aura's 30% of Atk on a 3-cooldown Special.

Furthermore, this Special appears to be based off of the Basara's Rend Sky skill from Fates. The name is the same in Japanese (破天), and the effect is comparable (damage based off of your opponent's offensive stat).

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He means Flashing Blade because Claude likely has high Spd, but he forgot that cavalry can't use it.

Oh. But yeah, the point is that cavalry can't use Flashing Blade.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Damn, I did forget that. Well, hopefully Claude will have a decent Atk....

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume you meant Byleth.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruptured Sky is inheritable like Blue Flame. For one, it has very normal-looking damage output for a 2-cooldown Special. 20% of Atk (against most enemies) on a 2-cooldown Special is in line with Draconic Aura's 30% of Atk on a 3-cooldown Special.

Furthermore, this Special appears to be based off of the Basara's Rend Sky skill from Fates. The name is the same in Japanese (破天), and the effect is comparable (damage based off of your opponent's offensive stat).

Yeah I meant Byleth. Sorry, I've been rushing on stuff and didn't really think about the names I was typing. I do hope that Ruptured Sky is inheritable, but I feel like something like this might be exclusive, like Black Luna and Regnal Astra.

27 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I do hope that Ruptured Sky is inheritable, but I feel like something like this might be exclusive, like Black Luna and Regnal Astra.

The thing about Black Luna, Regnal Astra, and Lunar Flash is that all of them have higher damage scaling than their corresponding inheritable skills.

• Black Luna scales 80% off of Def/Res, which is the same scaling as Ignis and Glacies, but has 1 lower cooldown.
  • Regnal Astra scales 40% off of Spd, which is comparable to the scaling of the 3-cooldown Specials (Atk scales 30%, Def/Res scale 50%), but has 1 lower cooldown.
  • Lunar Flash scales 20% off of Spd and 20% off of Def/Res, which puts it closest in damage scaling to the 3-cooldown Specials, but has 1 lower cooldown.

In comparison, Blue Flame has base damage of 10, which is near the average for Moonbow and Glimmer, and has the same cooldown as them, but has a conditional effect that boosts its damage nearer to skills with 1 higher cooldown.

Ruptured Sky scales 20% off of Atk, which is lower than Draconic Aura, and also has the expected lower cooldown than Draconic Aura, but has a stricter conditional effect that boosts its damage nearer to skills with 1-2 higher cooldown.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ruptured Sky ends up exclusive, but I would predict that it's more likely that it will be inheritable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Wow, are Claude and Dimitri both getting demoted? They don't have many skills.

Lots of characters with 4 skills have stayed 5* exclusive, even in recent months. (Keaton, Velouria, Kaden, Lugh, Lethe, Ranulf, Fallen Mareeta/Berkut/Corrin, Kjelle.) However, no characters with a tier 4 passive have ever demoted, which rules out Dimitri.

Claude is possible, but he has an unusual unit type, an interesting new type of passive, a sweet legendary weapon, and the excuse of being on a banner packed with enough high-profile characters to seem like a plausible candidate for not having any demotes. I'd say 60% odds of no demotes and 40% odds of Claude demoting.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Speaking of male Byleth, I do think he'll get the Ayra/Rhajat treatment. Maybe on the Heroes with Close Def banner? Unlike Rhajat, they haven't specifically said where he'll be released, but they did say he'll be in summoning events starting this month, and he'll be free for a lot of people anyway, so it shouldn't go that bad.

I feel like they'll do a Kaze situation with Male Byleth where he's just unceremoniously added into the 4 star pool at a later date.

56 minutes ago, flamefan said:

People care about the avatar? 

The Byleths seem alright so far. Gotta wait till the game releases to truly judge them but for me I think Byleth will be the one avatar I actually like.

Edit: also, if F!Byleth is anything to go by then M!Byleth will probably be a great unit and some people use characters for their usefulness and not necessarily because they like the character.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this or not, but sothis is mentioned in byleth's related characters section in the meet the heroes section, I would expect her to show up in the near future, this could hint at her being added as this month's mythic. of course it may not be, like the jill situation with haar, but it is assumed that jill is going to be on farfetched heroes this year so this could point quite strongly that she may be slated for being added sooner rather than later.

Edit: So, M!Byleth is being introduced in the mythic banner (not as a mythic) nice that they didn't wait too long to introduce him so everyone spent their orbs already like ayra.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I'm glad they didn't wait long to confirm Male Byleth's skills. So many people kept on freaking out he was going to get "Kaze-d" and be an awful free unit.

But he seems to be exactly as I thought he would be. Same sword and attack skill, but different ABC skills. Pretty good ones too. Can't go wrong with DC and a Chill skill. A wave skill is just the cherry on top.

Both male and female Byleth have very fodder-able skills. There's also nothing wrong with more DC in the regular pool.

However ... I have to wonder. Male Byleth is going to first appear in the Mythic Banner. So ... is he going to be 4-stars to start off? Or is he going to be one of our red 5-star focus heroes?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Both male and female Byleth have very fodder-able skills. There's also nothing wrong with more DC in the regular pool.

However ... I have to wonder. Male Byleth is going to first appear in the Mythic Banner. So ... is he going to be 4-stars to start off? Or is he going to be one of our red 5-star focus heroes?

If I had to bet money, I think he'll be one of the Red focuses. 

Seems like it was the likeliest conclusion. M!Byleth is the mythic hero of this month

EDIT: He's not the mythic hero. He makes his debut there

Edited by redlight

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

If I had to bet money, I think he'll be one of the Red focuses. 

Remind me who the confirmed red focus(es) for July is(are)? It's also kind of weird to pull Ayra-esque bullshit again after so much backlash to it. Yeah, I know, they gave us a prior warning this time. But if he is a focus 5-star, he's still being blocked by two other units.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

they went out of their way to say that he will not be the mythic, that implies that he will be a 5* unit alongside any others.

@redlight

Edited by thecrimsonflash

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

they went out of their way to say that he will not be the mythic, that implies that he will be a 5* unit alongside any others.

I mean

He could also just randomly debut as a 4-star

Like Kaze did

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

@redlight

I just edited it before you @ me