View of some time skip Golden Deer(spoilers)

Ygg

In the video attached, it is possible to see the models(but not portraits, oddly enough) of certain Golden Deer students. It seems that some changes are rather subtle, but the character models are visibly different regardless. Additionally, every character seems to be in their unique outfit instead of a class outfit. Maybe this is the result of hacking, as Lysithea can oddly enough be seen as a level one unit.

As I said on reddit, he’s probably play new game+, where the possibility of unlocking costumes based on time skip outfits makes sense. All the enemies are beginner tier classes and the maps are all similar to early game maps so this is definitely early game (which would explain Lysithea’s level) and not post time skip (which would be breaking the embargo anyways if he showed them).

I'm surprised no one till now showed this 3D moving view that's awesome!!! Anyway yeah they're subtle changes from what I seen which I expected. I wonder if portraits are switchable maybe a new game plus reward where you can switch between both pre-post timeskip designs whenever you want which I hope it is from evidence!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Just now, Azz said:

As I said on reddit, he’s probably play new game+, where the possibility of unlocking costumes based on time skip outfits makes sense. All the enemies are beginner tier classes and the maps are all similar to early game maps so this is definitely early game (which would explain Lysithea’s level) and not post time skip (which would be breaking the embargo anyways if he showed them).

That's a good idea. That would also explain why they look mostly the same except for the clothes- the costumes won't change hair and other things.

I'm guessing its a New Game+ feature or something. The map looks VERY EARLY GAME and they are all Level 1 Nobles/Commoners. Yet those are for sure the timeskip models and outfits, yet not the timeskip portraits.

If so that's a REALLY COOL FEATURE and I wonder how far it extends. However it is super funny to me that he probably wasn't supposed to show this off.

3 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Their hair did change unless its customizable.

Did it? I guess Claude's looks like his post-timeskip hair, but it's in motion so it's hard to tell for sure. Were there any other characters with different hair styles?

Edit: Looking at it again, I see that it is the post-timeskip hair, and Marianne's looks a little bit different.

Edited by BastienSoul

What I noticed more in this video was the free movement.  It reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles on a grid.  If I recall, I think Code Name S.T.E.A.M. had similar movement.

Doesn't really affect the game too much, but it is an interesting form of presentation.

The same i said in the other thread:

This has to be a New game + feature, like time skip versions are just "skins" you can toggle in settings or something, in NG+.

And yeah Marianne's hair is a bit diferent, and Hilda has her Single pony tail.

6 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Did it? I guess Claude's looks like his post-timeskip hair, but it's in motion so it's hard to tell for sure. Were there any other characters with different hair styles?

I believe Raphael is different more bushy on top Leonie, Ignatz and Marianne(a bit) looks almost the same but we don't have a good view of any differences but I'm sure there is.

11 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I believe Raphael is different more bushy on top Leonie, Ignatz and Marianne(a bit) looks almost the same but we don't have a good view of any differences but I'm sure there is.

Yeah, it was definitely a bit hard for me to tell what exactly changed for each character. Not including the designs already revealed in Famitsu, the only noticeable differences are Raph's sideburns and Ignatz's growth spurt. Other than that, Marianne looks a bit taller/lankier, but I can't be certain about that.

Someone should save the video since I think it’s probable he’ll delete it with how he’s deleting comments (and how he definitely broke the embargo) XD

I had already theorized the post-timeskip outfits would replace the default school uniforms in the Commoner / Noble classes, and this convinces me even more that that's the case. 

Or is it possible that each student will get a Unique Tier class after the time skip, and that unlocked classes carry over to NG+?

fyi lorenz is in his post timeskip look but his portrait is still pre timeskip so im assuming that only some character here are in their post timeskip look, i think due to some new game + costume option

4 minutes ago, GrassEater said:

fyi lorenz is in his post timeskip look but his portrait is still pre timeskip so im assuming that only some character here are in their post timeskip look, i think due to some new game + costume option

It could be possible you can switch Portraits as well with NG+ if you want would be neat.

In a programmation way, it seems more likely that only the body skin can be changed, but the portraits are the one of the story. He is playing in the 1st part, so portraits of the 1st part. It was also already confirmed that you can switch outfits by the dlc infos.

Byleth looks the same without white hair
Lysithea looks very similar, we wasn't able to see her front part but I like it overall
Marianne I think looks more classy, like Rinea... ok I'll stop
Ignatz looks, taller? and without glasses? I wasn't able to see him well
Leonie looks almost the same but we only saw her back...
we already knew about Hilda Grande, but now it's confirmed to be a 1 ponytail instead of 2 really close
Lorentz looks way better, this is just another angle
does Raphael have sideburns? cool! I like him more

Since Noble/Commoner is a "unique" class rather than in the tiered system I feel like everyone will either retain their previous level and skills but revert back to Noble/Commoner after the timeskip or similar to how even after you change class the character scenes still use the school uniform models post timeskip they always use the new Noble/Commoner models.