Love and Marriage: All supports available

1563608483223.png

https://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Supports_and_Romance

The short version is that it is confirmed: Byleth is the ONLY character with the ability to romantically marry someone. Everyone else is strictly stuck on friendship road on A ranks. Also certain students and teachers can support with other houses. Some, like Hubert, flat out refuse to support out of his house. And Rhea and Sothis are exclusive Avatar supports, like the Corrinsexuals before them. Thoughts?

• Duke of Dozel changed the title to Love and Marriage: All supports available
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

1563608483223.png

https://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Supports_and_Romance

The short version is that it is confirmed: Byleth is the ONLY character with the ability to romantically marry someone. Everyone else is strictly stuck on friendship road on A ranks. Also certain students and teachers can support with other houses. Some, like Hubert, flat out refuse to support out of his house. And Rhea and Sothis are exclusive Avatar supports, like the Corrinsexuals before them. Thoughts?

So some people's supports just flat out stop at B? And don't continue post timeskip? Or is this just all of them from both pre and post timeskip?

Seemingly odd exceptions of Rhea's and Sothis's S-supports worded differently by IGN as well as same-sex S-supports highlighted with purple filling. Some characters can't talk to one another, but it seems that cross house supports exist. Neutral characters won't be able to support every character. For example, Ashe can achieve an A-support with Petra. Either S-supports don't exist for non-avatar ships or there are paired A-support endings that are delayed to the end like in the GBA games unlike the avatar's possibly instant marriage/S-support when achieving it.

Feels like a good amount of supports. I'm glad they didn't try to force all the characters to support everyone As for the S-ranks, eh doesn't really matter to me. I'll get a better idea on it as I play through the game.

Paired A-ranks are unlikely, as the guy from GameXplain apparently said that students were free to get as many A-ranks as they were allowed to. The lack of getting cut off at one A-rank likely means no paired endings for pairings outside of Byleth.

Edited by Sentinel07

Pretty awesome we Persona now good graphic!

But unless other characters are hidden this is probably the roster which is a good amount but at least there's DLC depending on how that'll go.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

9 minutes ago, redlight said:

Seemingly odd exceptions of Rhea's and Sothis's S-supports worded differently by IGN as well as same-sex S-supports highlighted with purple filling. 

Rhea and Sothis aren't highlighted in purple signifying homosexual marriage, so they just seem to be general supports that extends to S ranks. Not actually marriage.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think his age is known yet.

I mean... you can S Support him... and he looks way younger than the other characters pre-timeskip. It feels a little weird. 😄

Just now, Hauke said:

I mean... you can S Support him... and he looks way younger than the other characters pre-timeskip. It feels a little weird. 😄

S-supports happen after timeskip

4 minutes ago, Hauke said:

If he's 14 he'll be 15 from birthday and 20 at timeskip 21 max if they count the birthday again during it so not weird.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 minute ago, redlight said:

S-supports happen after timeskip

Of course. But he looks younger than even Lysithea. So if he is for exemple 10, he would only be 15 after the timeskip. He could be 13 I think... but still looks young. I wouldn't put him into the same age as Lysithea from look. But we will see. 😄

Interesting tidbits. Dimitri and Edelgard don't have any supports with anyone from their opposite houses. Do they have some kind of feud or something?

Gilbert either finds himself unfamiliar with the other houses or is Blue Lions exclusive.

Seems that Rhea and Sothis are NPCs.

Just now, Hauke said:

Of course. But he looks younger than even Lysithea. So if he is for exemple 10, he would only be 15 after the timeskip. He could be 13 I think... but still looks young. I wouldn't put him into the same age as Lysithea from look. But we will see. 😄

I don't think he's that young. He's recruitable so of some age to the point that he can fight

Edited by redlight

By the way, I actually like that there are no other S-Supports beside Byleth. This means the supports can be well written this time and don't have to lead to a romance in every case. So they have more freedom with writting,

In the older games characters could still get a paired ending even if they only had an A support. Could be the same case here but even if it isn't I was never all that invested in making everyone in my roster a couple so I don't care that much for this.

Still find it funny that we can S support the equivalent (or at least pretty close to it) of a pope. 

Anyway, I just hope that by giving us less supports they've at least improved their quality.

If this list is correct there never was a a discrepancy between female and male same sex supports or am i missing something here?

Great that nobody said anyone else is homophobic over that. (not that they wouldn't have found something else... )

1 minute ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Either IGN messed up, or Dimitri and Claude are not romancable S supports.

Which goes directly against screenshots we've seen plus IGN's own words in the article, so I'm gonna say it's a mess up.

I'd also not read too much yet into the difference between Rhea and Sothis's supports. They could still be romantic supports that lead to marriage, they just might have something else different about them.

More than that, if Rhea is out then there's actually less variety available for female same-sex relationships than there is for males since F Byleth has no options other than her students.

Not fussed about the removal of S supports for everyone else. I just treat it as them not kissing-and-telling because frankly it's none of Byleth's business who they're screwing.

1 minute ago, Lord of Riva said:

If this list is correct there never was a a discrepancy between female and male same sex supports or am i missing something here?

Great that nobody said anyone else is homophobic over that. (not that they wouldn't have found something else... )

Might have just been Thani and her source didn't understand that Rhea's and Sothis's S support might be different from the others

3 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Either IGN messed up, or Dimitri and Claude are not romancable S supports.

I think IGN messed up. The chart shows S supports under FeByleth. (Or I'm going to riot!) 

Edited by Ririn