Love and Marriage: All supports available

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

Any confirmed benefits of marriage?

You give away the ring your father give you. Oh wait, that's a demerit. You lose something😝

While I was never a fan of sandbox dating simulation aspect of FE, I do prefer most characters having a few possible romantic partners like in the GBA era.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lot of supports which I'm happy about. I don't like Corrinsexuals, but meh, I can live with it. Although, our dad's not on here, but that probably doesn't mean what I think it means.

11 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

In the older games characters could still get a paired ending even if they only had an A support.

Here's the thing. That only happened when we didn't have S-supports at the time. A-rank basically functioned in the GBA era the same as S-ranks do now, with characters only getting access to one per playthrough.

And it seems that characters are not limited to one A-rank in this game, which makes paired endings unlikely outside of Byleth.

Maybe the S-rank slot appears after the time-skip for those that aren't Byleth.

Hoooo boy. Aside from Byleth, Flayn only talks with dudes. Watch out for this one.

Edited by redlight

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Um....why exactly can Byleth S rank Cyril? 

I guess unlike male Byleth who likes his partners very old female byleth likes them very young.

He'll end up at least by 20 so this isn't strange...

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Just now, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

He'll end up at least 20 so this isn't strange...

20? Maybe 18 which would be fine too. But Cyril doesn't look like he is the same age as Lysithea...

10 minutes ago, redlight said:

Maybe the S-rank slot appears after the time-skip for those that aren't Byleth.

Hoooo boy. Aside from Byleth, Flayn only talks with dudes. Watch out for this one.

Actually, Flayn has a support with Manuela. Obviously not a student but still.

Just now, Hauke said:

20? Maybe 18 which would be fine too. But Cyril doesn't look like he is the same age as Lysithea...

Lysithea is 15 from start he can be 14 (21 max) or 13 (20 max) I doubt he's super young with this in mind.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm not too sure. He looks closer to the typical shota range of about 12 meaning he'd likely be about 17 years old post timeskip.

With them having this in mind I doubt they'll make him under teen at least slightly over.

I wonder at this point if people just need to be annoyed out of habitt, the developers will make sure the characters are appropriately aged to not break the laws.

cringy subject matter aside there is no  problem for age discrepancy is there, as long as everyone is an adult.

Talking about socially enforced expectations, when did we travel back into the 1920s again with all this prudery around?

Edited by Lord of Riva

17 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Any confirmed benefits of marriage?

Political power and possibly a large sum of money after any unfortunate "accident"

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Tomas, Jeritza and papi don't appear to be on this list

Jeritza has me confused. They bothered to go out of their way to make a profile for him but nothing of him has been shown in any official source or reviews since then. What's going on there?

I'm somewhat concerned for the retainer characters. They seem to get the short end of the stick which is logical but....we'll they're supposed to be more interesting and not less. Hubert for example doesn't have any student support outside of the Black Eagles and the same goes for Dedue. That's kind of a shame.

I guess they got teacher supports to make up for it but regular students have those supports too. 

Hubert for example doesn't have any student support outside of the Black Eagles and the same goes for Dedue.

That's because Hubert and Dedue can't be recruited on another house. Hilda can, and we already know she can be in another house after a mission.

Just now, Duke of Dozel said:

That's because Hubert and Dedue can't be recruited on another house. Hilda can, and we already know she can be in another house after a mission.

I know the reason but I still worry it will negatively affect them. They got less opportunity to show their stuff after all.

So Hilda can be recruited after all. Do the Deers not have a retainer after all?

I'm somewhat concerned for the retainer characters. They seem to get the short end of the stick which is logical but....we'll they're supposed to be more interesting and not less. Hubert for example doesn't have any student support outside of the Black Eagles and the same goes for Dedue. That's kind of a shame.

I guess they got teacher supports to make up for it but regular students have those supports too. 

In general i hope that the quality of the supports are way above what the last titles offered.

i understand limited supports with different people as it just feels right to share more time with people you are compatible with than others however on the flip side, if the supports are still as short and bland as the ones of fate or RD then this aspect of the game will simply not be good.

I'm assuming that this is a comprehensive list of supports that only includes characters we meet pre skip? The wording of 'Below is a list of every character known in the game...' suggests that there are currently 'unknown' characters that they haven't added to the spreadsheet (probably because of the embargo). The list will probably update next week and maybe there will be more supports between for characters that seem to have limited supports right now.

Edited by zuibangde

idk how I feel about this, I loved the feature of other S ranks in Awakening because - to me - most characters were memorable and I remember some pairings to which I got really attached. In Fates most of the time it was more of a chore to get people together.
Here we'll see how the characters act, but for now I didn't really see anyone that seemed to make a good couple or anything like that, so I'm fine with them stopping at A (and who knows, maybe there will be some couples anyway, but it'll be the story to determine them).

Glad that Rhea is romanceable though, that means she's playable, and I love her so that's good. The fact that she's Bylethsexual makes me think of a very late recruit though (god I hope it's not something idiotic like postgame amnesia Emmeryn in Awakening).

Really just wondering what this separation of Rhea and Sothis means.

"In addition to being able to romance all characters of the opposite sex, there are three same-sex relationships available to each gender for Byleth, and S-Rank Supports for both Archbishop Rhea and the girl known as Sothis."

It implies they're not romantic, so are we actually getting non-romantic S ranks? Unexpected if so.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

"In addition to being able to romance all characters of the opposite sex, there are three same-sex relationships available to each gender for Byleth, and S-Rank Supports for both Archbishop Rhea and the girl known as Sothis."

It implies they're not romantic, so are we actually getting non-romantic S ranks? Unexpected if so.

Also, those two don't have the pink color filling for their supports unlike the same-sex supports that do.

9 minutes ago, redlight said:

Also, those two don't have the pink color filling for their supports unlike the same-sex supports that do.

This is probably all made by the same person so that's not really making a difference.

14 minutes ago, Florete said:

Maybe they're related to Byleth? So their S supports might not be exclusive with the others, but be "family" supports? In that case it would make sense for them to be S supports for both genders of Byleth AND it would "balance" the same-sex romance options on 3-3.

5 minutes ago, timon said:

Maybe they're related to Byleth? So their S supports might not be exclusive with the others, but be "family" supports? In that case it would make sense for them to be S supports for both genders of Byleth AND it would "balance" the same-sex romance options on 3-3.

That'd be a unique twist!