Love and Marriage: All supports available

So Edelgard is romancable by both Byleths but Dimitri and Claude are only romancable by female byleth? I am mentioning this as when playing golden deer I will have a hard time picking between male and female byleth (Marianne and Claude). I also don't get why some characters are locked to B supports. Other than that I like that there are a lot in number and that s-supporting is locked to the player making it a minor bonus and a chance to grow closer to a favorite character rather than an important mechanic. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, timon said:

Maybe they're related to Byleth? So their S supports might not be exclusive with the others, but be "family" supports? In that case it would make sense for them to be S supports for both genders of Byleth AND it would "balance" the same-sex romance options on 3-3.

That makes perfect sense! Love this theory.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Feels like a good amount of supports. I'm glad they didn't try to force all the characters to support everyone As for the S-ranks, eh doesn't really matter to me. I'll get a better idea on it as I play through the game.

Paired A-ranks are unlikely, as the guy from GameXplain apparently said that students were free to get as many A-ranks as they were allowed to. The lack of getting cut off at one A-rank likely means no paired endings for pairings outside of Byleth.

There could be a prioritization system in place.

Ie: Dmitri has A supports with Ingrid and Mercedes. His paired ending with Ingrid takes priority.

Or it could be that certain characters have canon paired endings that happen regardless of support rank. Ie: Dmitri will always marry Ingrid.

We might still be able to "lock" characters into one romance by using those arrow things that apparently signify there's more content for certain support ranks. Other than that I like the return to form of the A ranks, though I'll miss paired endings in the epilogue very much if all these do end up being platonic... And some characters being locked to B rank is weird to me, but once again the arrows mechanic will probably make up for that missing A rank convo.

So Rhea and Sothis are S supports but maybe they aren't romantic? I guess I know who I'm S ranking

Also this list seems to imply the Yeritza and Tomas might not be playable. Tomas makes sense, but I was hoping Yeritza would be playable.

Edited by Azz

I now hope they taken liberties with MC S-ranks and make the pair ending cards ALL unique. I hope there's no "Avatar did this mention spouse" and "spouse did that END"(with Sothis and Rhea probably different than expected). Sure Fates had some semi unique ones which was still lacking but in Awakening it was very generic with every possible pair having the same identical ending cards especially worse pairing with other main characters like Chrom and Lucina or some other unique characters. I hope at least it relates much better with both pairs in mind. But seeing the hard effort already here I feel I don't have to worry!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

This is all truly interesting. Sothis and Rhea's exclusive supports with Byleth has me really curious, I wonder how/ or if their supports with Byleth will be tied directly to the main plot. According to IGN, Sothis and Rhea's supports could possibly be non romantic. I wonder if paired endings are a thing, doesn't seem likely but I would welcome it if they did go in that direction. One thing is clear Rhea and Sothis definitely have some kind of connection to each other. Looking forward to having all me questions answered. 

Edited by Aquarius

8 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

This is all truly interesting. Sothis and Rhea's exclusive supports with Byleth has me really curious, I wonder how/ or if their supports with Byleth will be tied directly to the main plot. According to IGN, Sothis and Rhea's supports could possibly be non romantic. I wonder if paired endings are a thing, doesn't seem likely but I would welcome it if they did go in that direction. One thing is clear Rhea and Sothis definitely have some kind of connection to each other. Looking forward to having all me questions answered. 

Paired ending is likely for Byleth only

tbh the s supports don't matter to me that much since you wont be having child units so its ok ofc ill s support someone but yeah ...
ALSO if this is TRUE  the fact that claude is not bi after all this is gonna make some people mad xD

Not sure if I’m happy about some A supports not ending in romance and Byleth being the only one gets S supports but whatever I guess.

This reminds me of these newer Story of Seasons games where your farmer is the only one who gets married despite so many eligible people living in the village. 

I don’t even need all A supports ending in marriage but having a couple of paired endings like in the GBA games would’ve been nice. 

I don't mind the supports. I'm hoping to see some of the A-supports end in pairs like the GBA games, but not all of them need to end in marriage. I'm hoping Rhea and Sothis aren't related to Byleth like some people think. It's too obvious and a bit of a cop-out IMO. I'd rather a platonic ending for those.

A rank pair are very unlikely since most A ranks now are universal simply put any character not married to the Avatar will get individual endings while 1 character that's married to the Avatar both will get a paired ending(Sothis and Rhea pair ending could be non-marriage from evidence due to possible spoilers).

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Not a fan of "everyone is exclusively Bysexual". Reminds me too much of a dating sim and I enjoy influencing the characters romantic lives beyond just my avatar. It doesn't have to be a free for all, but letting everyone have two or three potential lovers would have been nice. Hope there's at least some paired endings and not just default romance ends. That could turn the community very ugly besides.

@Modirufa6317 I don't remember it being mentioned in the trailers. Please tagged it as spoilers if found in-game since not all people watched gameplay videos and prefer to experienced infos themselves. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Ririn

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I know the reason but I still worry it will negatively affect them. They got less opportunity to show their stuff after all.

So Hilda can be recruited after all. Do the Deers not have a retainer after all?

The Leicester Alliance doesn't have royals, so maybe that's why

It's not exactly everyone x everyone, but I don't like the idea of Byleth being able to marry everyone either, or that only he/she can marry anyone. This isn't a dating sim series, it's FE. And why can't I fucking ship some other characters with each other? Lame.

Each character should get a few romance options and only a few. This includes Byleth too.

Just because Byleth is the only one with S supports don't mean everyone is Byleth sexual. It actually allows them to write better supports, because not every support is forced to end in a relationship and marriage.

Just now, Hauke said:

Just because Byleth is the only one with S supports don't mean everyone is Byleth sexual. It actually allows them to write better supports, because not every support is forced to end in a relationship and marriage.

That's why I said each character gets only a FEW romance options. I said I didn't want the everyone x everyone crap.

btw this could pretty much confirm that Gilbert is Annette's father, as he can only support with students from the Lions, so I guess he'll be playable only in that route.

Will be interesting to see what happens if you recruit Annette though, will she kill her dad? Or maybe he's just not as relevant as an enemy.