Love and Marriage: All supports available

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm actually happy with the support system. I like how we only have 2 Bylethsexuals (even though Rhea should be able to support some of the staff and even the house leaders imo) and I think the >> supports will be nice. I do wish they all would have supports up to A however I think some only going to B adds a bit of flavour I guess.

Also I like how Edelgard and Dorothea go to A cause I ship it. Though I am wondering if non Byleth characters will get paired endings or if they are out of the question? Will A ranks be limited maybe?

From what's been said so far, A-ranks are unlimited.

Byleth getting an S support will obviously lead to some kind of event and possibly affect the story etc. Basically it matters during the game. Maybe the others' A supports can then work like in the GBA games, meaning some of them will become couples after the story ends. I know this has been suggested already, but I'm just saying it would make sense having different ranks for that reason.

If it's true that you can have multiple A supports, this may speak against it. Though there could be just one canon partner and you need to unlock that particular support to unlock the ending, while other A supports are of the friendly kind.

I actually don't believe this is how it's going to be, but it could.

I've always liked data transfer between games, having my actions in one game matter in another. So what I'd be interested in would be supports having an effect in a potential sequel. I wouldn't bet on this either though, but we did have something similar between FE9 and FE10. But I just haven't seen data transfer being utilized between any games for a long time.

I'm a little confused about the multiple A support part personally. In earlier games, there used to be just one person you could A support with for characters, beginning with the Binding Blade, I believe. Even with the Tellius series, characters could only A support with one other character. Though they were also limited to only 5 total supports so that was definitely a factor. I'm really interested in how this will impact the various endings, or if there's an option to select which ending gets priority for certain characters.

I'm also interested in how certain endings will be affected on different paths if you recruit someone. Will someone like Ferdinand's ending be different if he's recruited to the Blue Lions or Golden Deer instead of starting a Black Eagle's playthrough? And will those endings also be affected by supports?

I am hoping for different marriage endings because that's been a part of the series for a while. It also makes new playthroughs different since the endings change instead of being confined to one specific ending for everyone; especially if one ending for a character is sad or depressing.

@Siskan: The idea of a potential sequel is interesting, but I'm not sure how likely that will be considering there will be at least three paths to work off of. It feels like a lot of extra work and data to bring in, unless the sequel takes place in the far off future, with potential descendants. That might be an interesting take.

Above all else, I'm considerably intrigued to see how the game handles this. This is, to me knowledge, the first time Fire Emblem has ever had support chains end before A outside of Pent from Blazing Blade (and that was only because he's already married). One of the major complaints from Awakening/Fates was how the everyonexeveryone system resulted in a lot of forced supports. Based on what we're seeing, not all chains are forced into A-rank, which intrigues me into how those relationships will be handled.

And to be frank, if Byleth does have all the paired endings, then this wouldn't even be a first as Roy did the same.

For those that haven't seen this yet, the IGN writer clarified a couple things regarding the guide:

Basically, seems like forgetting Dimitri/Claude for F!Byleth was a mistake, but the nature of her Rhea/Sothis supports are still up in the air at the moment.

Edited by mewyeon

2 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

For those that haven't seen this yet, the IGN writer clarified a couple things regarding the guide:

Basically, seems like forgetting Dimitri/Claude for F!Byleth was a mistake, but the nature of her Rhea/Sothis supports are still up in the air at the moment.

That's really interesting. I wonder what the story related reason is? I just hope that if Byleth turns out to be related to them, we don't have another case of incest like Fates

He clarifies a bit more about Sothis and Rhea here: 

Interesting. I'm reminded of how in Thani's leak, she said that Sothis and Rhea were originally NPCs, and that you could actually support NPCs at that stage of development, but then Sothis and Rhea became playable characters. Definitely seems like they stand out a bit from all the characters, what with the cryptic comments about the nature of their supports, their original implementation, and the fact that they're the only characters who can only support the protagonist.

12 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Basically, seems like forgetting Dimitri/Claude for F!Byleth was a mistake,

Thank Naga that it was a mistake. I almost go into a panic that they were not marriage options. 

4 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Thank Naga that it was a mistake. I almost go into a panic that they were not marriage options. 

My girl I feel you XD I think in the days before the embargo lifts, everyone is coming up with all kinds of ideas and spiraling into madness.  Good citizens of Serenes Forest, let's all take a deep breath together ❤️ 

Just now, Darkdragoon324 said:

I'll be sort of disappointed if Rhea's support isn't romantic, i'd prefer an older character for FemByleth. I like Edgelord, Dorothea and Mercedes but i'd happily trade one of them for an older faculty member like Catherine or Manuela. 

If it's true, then f!Byleth has the opposite problem to M!Byleth in terms of same sex supports. zero older supports vs too many. Which is almost funny if I weren't kinda disappointed by the lack of options. It sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't have minded having anyone S supportable by Byleth regardless of gender, since S supports seem to be pretty much confirmed Byleth only

11 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Same here because 

Spoiler

That would make my folder of BylethxDimitri art very awkward to have

In the same tweet acknowledging the Dimitri and Claude mistakes, the IGN writer admitted they didn't mark Sothis and Rhea as bisexual because he didn't finish those supports yet. He can see from the screen that they are S rank-able, he just wanted to confirm they are romantic first.

So it's likely that there are still 5 wlw options, and 3 mlm.

...and I'm still salty about it

Whoops! Someone mentioned it already.

Edited by Stage7_4
Repeated info

30 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

If it's true, then f!Byleth has the opposite problem to M!Byleth in terms of same sex supports. zero older supports vs too many. Which is almost funny if I weren't kinda disappointed by the lack of options. It sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't have minded having anyone S supportable by Byleth regardless of gender, since S supports seem to be pretty much confirmed Byleth only

If the same-sex supports come with unique dialogue compared to their heterosexual counterparts, I’ll give them a pass. If they’re carbon copies, then there really was no reason not to just have everyone S rankable regardless of gender.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

If the same-sex supports come with unique dialogue compared to their heterosexual counterparts, I’ll give them a pass. If they’re carbon copies, then there really was no reason not to just have everyone S rankable regardless of gender.

That's the big deciding factor for me really. Because the options in Fates were identical in the English version and only had minor differences in the Japanese version (though those changes at least recognized their queerness). But given how few supports in general there seem to be, we'd better have more unique supports depending on gender. If all we have is the copy, then it'll really feel like same sex options were an afterthought.

4 minutes ago, Stage7_4 said:

In the same tweet acknowledging the Dimitri and Claude mistakes, the IGN writer admitted they didn't mark Sothis and Rhea as bisexual because he didn't finish those supports yet. He can see from the screen that they are S rank-able, he just wanted to confirm they are romantic first.

So it's likely that there are still 5 wlw options, and 3 mlm.

...and I'm still salty about it

Whoops! Someone mentioned it already.

Well he also said he didn't think they were because of story related reasons, so there might be something missing.

And the number of w/w options doesn't really change that that the selection of m/m options is rather poor. Unless something more pops up for m/m options, I'm likely going to talk to customer service(or someone at Nintendo since I've no way to reach IS). Really the only thing that having 3 w/w options would change is that I'd request more for them too.

FYI y'all, the IGN guide page has been updated.  Dimitri/Claude mistake fixed in the small chart, and now Rhea/Sothis are highlighted in pink in the big chart.  The guide also addresses the uncertainty regarding Rhea/Sothis supports.

Edited by mewyeon

Looking at IGN's support chart, the majority of same sex supports end with B and opposite sex ends with A. Exception to this is Byleth who A ranks with all same sex and S ranks all opposite sex. With Byleth being a mute and everything else being voiced, maybe voice acting costs are behind this?

Personally not too thrilled about everyone being Bylethsexual especially since, from what we've seen, they're hardly a character. Crossing my fingers in hopes that one of the free updates includes S ranks for our units. Wishful thinking I know, but I can dream 😋

31 minutes ago, zoned out said:

Looking at IGN's support chart, the majority of same sex supports end with B and opposite sex ends with A. Exception to this is Byleth who A ranks with all same sex and S ranks all opposite sex. With Byleth being a mute and everything else being voiced, maybe voice acting costs are behind this? 

Personally not too thrilled about everyone being Bylethsexual especially since, from what we've seen, they're hardly a character. Crossing my fingers in hopes that one of the free updates includes S ranks for our units. Wishful thinking I know, but I can dream 😋

Again. Only Byleth being able to S Support doesn't mean they are Byleth sexual. Also there are some supports which require more steps to rise them, which means they need three supports to get Rang C for exemple. So actually there are sometimes more scenes. Also it's just realistic that not everybody goes well around with everybody.