Accessories and Equipment

So we now have Shields; Rings; Staves; etc in a seperate equipment slot to weapons; which will give additional benefits.

I could totally see Hero Relics taking the form of these now granting access to a unique spell and stat boosts for specific units.

There's actually an image of some equipment with a staff that has a special background. As far as I know, the only other items like that so far are the Hero Relics and the Scythe of Sariel, so your idea seems probable.

Spoiler

D_3-uloXsAINdzk.thumb.jpg.b3e359e65f5cb1c33490ac62c7e4b748.jpg

51 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

What if there were equipments that allow you to use magic in any classes? That would be pretty cool!

(unless that's exactly what the magic/healing staves does?)

Maybe not as wide stretching as that; maybe the Caduceus Staff gives any class the ability to use the Heal spell; if given to a unit that already has Heal or a unit who's class grants the Heal spell; modifies the number of uses.

Given both Lysithea and Lorenz proficient in magic; having the Gloucester Hero Relic being a staff that grants an uber powerful Reason spell of makes a lot of sense. 

{ Staff of Gloucester } - If the user bears the Crest of Gloucester; allows for the spell *insert cool spell name here* to be used; grants Damage +3 and Crit +10 during magical attacks.

While it would be cool, I don't think they'll be giving off magic to classes that don't have it, they focused a lot on the whole "some class can wield magic, some can't" thing, and with the weapon freedom we have it's the major difference between classes. Would be weird if just having a piece of equipment erases this split.

I can see them granting bonuses and giving exclusive spells, so they can have hero relics for magic focused characters.

Though I wonder how many of these items you can equip and if they're mutually exclusive (can you have both a shield and a staff?), and I wonder if we'll see them in the character models (we've already seen some small round shields IIRC).

7 minutes ago, timon said:

While it would be cool, I don't think they'll be giving off magic to classes that don't have it, they focused a lot on the whole "some class can wield magic, some can't" thing, and with the weapon freedom we have it's the major difference between classes. Would be weird if just having a piece of equipment erases this split.

I can see them granting bonuses and giving exclusive spells, so they can have hero relics for magic focused characters.

Though I wonder how many of these items you can equip and if they're mutually exclusive (can you have both a shield and a staff?), and I wonder if we'll see them in the character models (we've already seen some small round shields IIRC).

I wonder if equipping a leather shield on an Armour Knight will give them a much smaller and less effective shield in their model; even though it'd give them bigger buffs. I doubt we'll get models for the rings as they'll be too small to really notice. Staves should definitely get a model; even though unlike SoV; Staves aren't present on the models of mages so it'd be much more difficult to implement a model for the 3H characters holding a staff.

17 minutes ago, timon said:

In the character status screen, there's only room for 2 slots in the equipment section. It's safe to assume one is for weapons/magic currently in use and the other one for shield/ring/staves/etc. But maybe you could have 2 accessories & no weapon (though only brawler/grappler would beneficiate from that).

Here's Dorothea's screen as an example

Edited by Modirufa6317