Important Information on Obtaining the Gift Male Byleth

Anacybele

I feel this might be a necessary thread to make it easier for us to find out how to get the male Byleth gift since the notification in the game will eventually drop and the gift will be available throughout the year and half of next year (June 29th 2020 is the cutoff). It'd also be great if this could be stickied so it's always easy to find.

Firstly, all the information is in this page of the Heroes website:

https://fire-emblem-heroes.com/en/advance-topics/

But there's a lot here, so I'm going to note a few things some users here may have to know, and I know for certain at least one will, and could easily miss.

- Players in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and Hong Kong will have to purchase the digital version of Three Houses to receive the gift. @Jave You live in Chile, don't you? This is what you're going to have to do then, if you want this Byleth.

- Players in countries where the eShop is not available will not be able to get the gift.

- If you purchase the digital version or use a game voucher, the Nintendo account used there must be the same one linked to Heroes.

A basic step by step though, if you don't want to go though the whole page:
1. Make sure a Nintendo account is linked to Heroes and that the same one is linked on the Switch.
2. Buy Three Houses and take any necessary precautions listed on the page for this step.
3. Earn gold points on My Nintendo by the date mentioned above.
4. Open Heroes and get your Byleth!

Anything else I should add here, just let me know. And if this thread really isn't necessary, I apologize, just wanted to help.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm glad I'm planning to get 3H, but for people who aren't/can't we have a but of an Ayra situation again, since Boyleth's going to be sharing a color with old units again.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm glad I'm planning to get 3H, but for people who aren't/can't we have a but of an Ayra situation again, since Boyleth's going to be sharing a color with old units again.

Yeah, that does suck, but it's not quite as bad as Ayra's situation because on the Mythic banner, the only 5 stars you can pull are the focus ones, so there's no need to worry about the other reds showing up for you because they had a slightly higher chance of appearing. Basically, the chances of pulling Byleth are equal to the chances of pulling the other two reds instead of being lower.

Still, that does stuck for anyone not buying Three Houses. I'd imagine most Heroes players would be though.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Introducing Byleth on a Mythic Hero banner isn't really any different from what happens to every Legendary and Mythic Hero. This is also very different from the Ayra situation because they've been very clear about Byleth being summonable by the "end of July", and now they've even given details on him a good while before he becomes available. The problem when Ayra was released was that everything they communicated before she suddenly dropped implied that she would be a free unit, but then she turned out to be one of the best units in the game dropping right after everyone had spent their orbs on the main banner.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

At least legendary Marth will be a far better consolation prize than Eldigan was. That, and there’s a good chance the Mythic itself will be red.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that does suck, but it's not quite as bad as Ayra's situation because on the Mythic banner, the only 5 stars you can pull are the focus ones, so there's no need to worry about the other reds showing up for you because they had a slightly higher chance of appearing. Basically, the chances of pulling Byleth are equal to the chances of pulling the other two reds instead of being lower.

Still, that does stuck for anyone not buying Three Houses. I'd imagine most Heroes players would be though.

There's probably a lot of people who don't have a Switch yet or can't afford one.  I just personally got one two days ago.

32 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

At least legendary Marth will be a far better consolation prize than Eldigan was. That, and there’s a good chance the Mythic itself will be red.

I've heard rumors the genderbent Thor might be the next Mythic, who you'd think would be an Axe unit, but being faithful to the source material is something they threw out long ago.

1 hour ago, BoaFerox said:

Introducing Byleth on a Mythic Hero banner isn't really any different from what happens to every Legendary and Mythic Hero. This is also very different from the Ayra situation because they've been very clear about Byleth being summonable by the "end of July", and now they've even given details on him a good while before he becomes available. The problem when Ayra was released was that everything they communicated before she suddenly dropped implied that she would be a free unit, but then she turned out to be one of the best units in the game dropping right after everyone had spent their orbs on the main banner.

I'm not a fan of the Legendary Banners in general for trying to get new units, but that's another discussion.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's probably a lot of people who don't have a Switch yet or can't afford one.  I just personally got one two days ago.

They may not be Heroes players though. We don't know how many Heroes players lack a Switch/won't be getting the game.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've heard rumors the genderbent Thor might be the next Mythic, who you'd think would be an Axe unit, but being faithful to the source material is something they threw out long ago.

I think I’ve heard that, but I’m not buying it at all. Aside from the fact that we know barely anything about this character at this point other than she’s (seemingly) Loki’s ally, if Loki wasn’t a Mythic then Thorr shouldn’t be one either.

I certainly don’t doubt that Thorr will be summonable eventually, but it’s not going to be now and now I wait to get proven wrong by IS within a week or so.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I think I’ve heard that, but I’m not buying it at all. Aside from the fact that we know barely anything about this character at this point other than she’s (seemingly) Loki’s ally, if Loki wasn’t a Mythic then Thorr shouldn’t be one either.

I certainly don’t doubt that Thorr will be summonable eventually, but it’s not going to be now and now I wait to get proven wrong by IS within a week or so.

Yeah, I'm sure she'll be available eventually but it's too soon. And her art further supports her being an axe user.

This is just an extra for me since I have had the SE of 3Hs preordered since Valentine's day.  I am now going to have to decide if I want to keep my Byleth after I max his HM or fodder him for DC, ah who am I kidding I know I will keep him just in case he is used in F2P guides later on.  

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

- Players in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and Hong Kong will have to purchase the digital version of Three Houses to receive the gift. @Jave You live in Chile, don't you? This is what you're going to have to do then, if you want this Byleth.

Thanks, but my Nintendo Account is set to the US and I already pre-purchased the Digital version, so I'm set.

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

Thanks, but my Nintendo Account is set to the US and I already pre-purchased the Digital version, so I'm set.

Alright, nice. 🙂

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

This is just an extra for me since I have had the SE of 3Hs preordered since Valentine's day.  I am now going to have to decide if I want to keep my Byleth after I max his HM or fodder him for DC, ah who am I kidding I know I will keep him just in case he is used in F2P guides later on.  

I know PM1 said he will not be using Byleth because theoretically he will not "be free"
(that's a bummer, i think)

24 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I know PM1 said he will not be using Byleth because theoretically he will not "be free"
(that's a bummer, i think)

He is right, though. Byleth certainly isn't free if you have to pay the price of a full-price Switch game to get him without having to roll for him. It's kinda like the New Year's Fjorm and New Year's Laevatein packs only a much better deal naturally.

Edited by Tybrosion

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So I'm wondering....what if you're sharing Three houses? Can you get your freebie Bayleth only once even if the game is owned by two people?

Pretty sure Gold Points can only be obtained once per copy.

PM1 doesn't want to use male Byleth in FTP strats but is fine with using brave units in them? That doesn't make sense. And even he's said he's iffy on using them because which of them is free depends on who picked what. You can pick only one brave unit for free, so those who didn't pick the units PM uses are out of luck.

Not EXACTLY the same situation, but both still lead to similar results: some players will not have the "free" unit because they didn't pick it/buy Three Houses.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

PM1 doesn't want to use male Byleth in FTP strats but is fine with using brave units in them? That doesn't make sense. And even he's said he's iffy on using them because which of them is free depends on who picked what. You can pick only one brave unit for free, so those who didn't pick the units PM uses are out of luck.

Not EXACTLY the same situation, but both still lead to similar results: some players will not have the "free" unit because they didn't pick it/buy Three Houses.

He picks the one that most people picked, he does a poll on youtube and twitter. These brave units have sometimes been proven to be invaluable for some guides, but he tries to avoid using them if possible.

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

He picks the one that most people picked, he does a poll on youtube and twitter. These brave units have sometimes been proven to be invaluable for some guides, but he tries to avoid using them if possible.

Okay, that's more fair.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There's probably a lot of people who don't have a Switch yet or can't afford one.

That's me. Since I don't really care for either Byleth, I won't be missing all that much in Heroes. I saw that you can pay extra for DLC to get more formal clothes for female Byleth (along with lots of other things too). Raises the price a bit, but could be worth it depending on the quality of the extra content. 🙂

Maybe I'll get a switch by next summer, but I'm not sure if I'll get Three Houses or not.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

He is right, though. Byleth certainly isn't free if you have to pay the price of a full-price Switch game to get him without having to roll for him. It's kinda like the New Year's Fjorm and New Year's Laevatein packs only a much better deal naturally.

well no-i mean that i get. 
but the way i see it is sort of like. CYL. if you don't choose the one he chooses, then the other ones aren't "Free" either  I'm thinking there are a lot of people who will be getting 3 houses, and thus getting Byleth. but i also get why he won't. 

25 minutes ago, Tree said:

That's me. Since I don't really care for either Byleth, I won't be missing all that much in Heroes. I saw that you can pay extra for DLC to get more formal clothes for female Byleth (along with lots of other things too). Raises the price a bit, but could be worth it depending on the quality of the extra content. 🙂

Maybe I'll get a switch by next summer, but I'm not sure if I'll get Three Houses or not.

LOL there is more than just the freee costume (but i always have to laugh when NIntendo does DLC because the first thing is always "Free costume." i

51 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL there is more than just the freee costume (but i always have to laugh when NIntendo does DLC because the first thing is always "Free costume." i

That gave me an interesting idea. I wonder how far marketers can take that "free" concept. Imagine customers getting "free" products for purchasing the satisfaction of feeding employees and covering business expenses.

A used car dealer could be saying something like:
We do not sell cars. We sell hopes and dreams. The cars are free when customers buys hopes and dreams.