(SPOILERS) Three Houses General Spoilers Thread

BZL8

1 minute ago, Dewel said:
  Hide contents

2. sounds more like ferdinand to me since it states he is part of the pro-imperialist faction so he should be someone from edelgards team

Spoiler

The Leicester Alliance splits in the church route, with a Pro-Imperial and a Anti-Imperial faction.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Are there any more specifics on how to recruit students before or after the time skip (particularly students who are enemies post time skip)? 

First of all soon after the introductory stuff at the school, you can click on any student not in your house and it'll tell you what two things they want you to be good at. Could be something like Str and Riding, or a certain weapon. Exactly how good you need to be in that is lowered by your support rank with them, so it is still a good idea to raise supports with them even though you could be raising supports with people you're actually fighting alongside currently.

1 hour ago, BaKaDaNaa said:

Did we confirm if it's true that Sylvain is free to recruit if you're F!Byleth and Leonie is free if you're M!Byleth?

Sylvain is true, Leonie is not

Just now, BaKaDaNaa said:

So F!Byleth is strictly better? That seems wrong.

Some people are theorising that it is a BE event only because of events down the road however we don't know. Some people were also guessing that Leonie might be free in a later chapter but again we don't know, it's hard to say, but so far F!Byleth seems to have an advantage.

Just now, Azz said:

Some people are theorising that it is a BE event only because of events down the road however we don't know. Some people were also guessing that Leonie might be free in a later chapter but again we don't know, it's hard to say, but so far F!Byleth seems to have an advantage.

Alright, let's wait and see then. Thank you for the reply.

5 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hot take: the Story DLC will show us that the 4 bearers of the Crests lost through history were the true Heroes of Fódlan; and the DLC will follow those 4.

Is that true?

25 minutes ago, KP Joey said:

Not sure if it was stated yet, but the latest video showcasing the BL ending also showed the NG+ stuff.

Without spoiling the ending (or create one spoiler tag for info regarding NG+ and another for the ending), would someone be able to summarize the NG+ info from that link? 🙂

37 minutes ago, Perc4LYF said:

Without spoiling the ending (or create one spoiler tag for info regarding NG+ and another for the ending), would someone be able to summarize the NG+ info from that link? 🙂

Three Houses NG+

Spoiler

You can change appearances of units, but it doesn't change portraits or voices.
You retain your battalions, statue ranks, renown, and shops.
You can spend renown to get professor levels, support levels, skill levels, combat arts, and abilities gained from mastering class skills. You can also get crest items you don't currently possess based on decisions you made in your cleared saves.
NG+ Save is indicated by Sothis mark in the save menu.

8 minutes ago, KP Joey said:

Three Houses NG+

Hide contents

You can change appearances of units, but it doesn't change portraits or voices.
You retain your battalions, statue ranks, renown, and shops.
You can spend renown to get professor levels, support levels, skill levels, combat arts, and abilities gained from mastering class skills. You can also get crest items you don't currently possess based on decisions you made in your cleared saves.
NG+ Save is indicated by Sothis mark in the save menu.

Thank you kind person! 

I have a question about family members. From character reveals we know the the family situation of a lot of characters. We know Hilda has a big brother who spoils her, that Casper has an older brother that will succeed her dad and that Marianne is adopted.

Do any of these family members appear in the game or are they just mentioned for some flavor?

14 hours ago, Three Eyes said:

Thank you.  I see...

The more I learn about this game's support system, the more convoluted it seems.  At this point, I kind of wish they had just brought back non-Byleth S-supports even though those come with their own share of problems, writing-wise.

I'm sure it'll make sense once I have the game in my hands, but for now I'm going to stop trying to understand it.  ;;

Seem like IS wanted it cake and eat it too. they wants romance with other characters but at the same time they now Byleth supports are the most important and couldn't make full on romance so they settle for fake out romances

I've looked through the credits. Stuff that stood out:

• Toshiyuki Kusakihara and Genki Yokota are the game's directors. Kenta Nakanishi, who was director on "Echoes", is sub director here. Kazuyoshi Toriyama is an assistant director. Satoshi Ubukata of Koei Tecmo is the technical director for this game.
  • Masahiro Higuchi and Hitoshi Yamagami return to produce this game, as they have since "Fates". They are joined by Takashi Morinaka, the producer on Koei Tecmo's side.
  • Game design and programming was done by Koei Tecmo. Naoko Horie and Atsushi Ota is the lead game designer and lead programmer, respectively.
  • None of IntSys' in-house writers worked on writing "Three Houses". The scenario was done by Koei Tecmo writers Yuki Ikeno, Ryohei Hayashi, and Mari Okamoto, with Yuki being billed as the lead scenario writer. All three were previously responsible for writing "Fire Emblem Warriors".
  • Music composition is done by Takeru Kanazaki, Hiroki Morishita, and Rei Kondoh. Kanazaki is the composition director. Meanwhile, Yuka Tsujiyoko remains the sound supervisor.
  • The anime cutscenes were done by anime studio SANZIGEN. 
Edited by BZL8

Reading on /feg/ that students defect back to their native House for the Battle of the Eagle and the Lion. Seems a little odd to me though. I guess it's so they didn't have to program a dozen different variants for who had been poached by that point? No source though, so not confirmed.

2 minutes ago, JDtheBA said:

The glow up from writing warriors to Three Houses is astounding.

Not to mention the nods to Dynasty Warriors and Romance of the Three Kingdoms that the directors commented about make much more sense.

22 hours ago, B.Leu said:
  Hide contents

Predictable, yes, but I argue it would be better. Gouging your eye just sound weird and edgy... more dumb and edgy than what Dimitri seemed to be.

Spoiler

And once again, I disagree; if anything I’d think it’d be a worse/more boring option to have it just be another case of “scars to repay the enemy for” or some such. IMHO, it’s less “dumb and edgy” as opposed to showing a main character who, for the first time in a while, isn’t an invulnerable bastion of willpower - he goes to war to flee guilt over what he devolves into (a berserker who doesn’t have to think about anything more than fighting), with enough self-resentment to make it believable that he might just wake up one day in such a state that it seems “sensible" to take out an eye that can't see anything else but despair by that point. By his own admission, Byleth is honestly the straw that keeps him from breaking into a suicidal blood-knight the Blue Lions route, just as they’re what keep Claude resolute in the Golden Deer route or keep Edelgard from going full tyrant in the Black Lions route.

22 hours ago, B.Leu said:
  Hide contents

I mean gouging. Your Eye. Out.

Spoiler

Is IHMO a far more understandable or comprehensible response to severe PTSD than, like I said before, how some lead-characters in past FE games have handled it. Again, take Corrin in the Conquest path of Fates - their brother Ryoma commits suicide, right in front of them, after they’d just ruined their kingdom… and they immediately get over it in the next scene with Azura. That’s not how trauma works - not unless the person in question is already of questionable sanity to begin with, IMHO. I mean, it’s the same. Damn. Chapter - Dimitri at least had the excuse/justification of having several more years of war and bloodshed to break under and recover from.

Consider what Dimitri goes through in this game - helplessly watching his family be slaughtered before his eyes, being forced to kill possessed civilians, watching his kingdom and school descend into chaos, learning all of it seemingly caused by his own stepsister Edelgard (aka the Flame Emperor and the person closest to his heart at the time) in a coup to claim her Empire’s throne, then having Edelgard declare open war on the other nations with the intent to reabsorb them all into her own and obliterate the land’s Church-system by murdering it’s archbishop. And this isn’t even counting the fact he started out as a wide-eyed idealist who wasn’t even a full adult by the time this all went down. Like I said before, it’s honestly a far more accurate representation of how nigh-deranged severe trauma and/or PTSD can make someone - especially when they’re from a Game-of-Thrones style of life and already had some degree of trauma in them like Dimitri was hinted to have, in contrast to characters like Corrin or Xander who seem far more well-adjusted to it then their characterizations arguably should allow.

Edited by MrMetroid

7 hours ago, Bankai said:

Do we have images of what edelgard and Dmitri's final unique classes look like?

I believe these are the ones for Dimitri & Edelgard. Also added in Byleth's in case anyone was curious.

Spoiler

Edelgard's final unique, AKA Emperor Class

Dimitri's final unique, AKA Great Lord Class

Byleth's final uniques (Male+Female), AKA Enlightened One Class - For some reason, the female doesn't get the elaborate robe the male does. Dunno why - only reason I can personally come up with is it's for fanservice (stocking-clad legs, exposed navel, etc). 

And lastly, at the risk of MAJOR SPOILERS (seriously, do not click the link below if you don't want to spoil a major part of the ending for one route);
Here is the special class Edelgard takes as a unique boss for the Blue Lions route, AKA "The Hegemon."

4 minutes ago, MrMetroid said:

I believe these are the ones for Dimitri & Edelgard. Also added in Byleth's in case anyone was curious.

Hide contents

Edelgard's final unique, AKA Emperor Class

Dimitri's final unique, AKA Great Lord Class

Byleth's final uniques (Male+Female), AKA Enlightened One Class - For some reason, the female doesn't get the elaborate robe the male does. Dunno why - only reason I can personally come up with is it's for fanservice (stocking-clad legs, exposed navel, etc). 

And lastly, at the risk of MAJOR SPOILERS (seriously, do not click the link below if you don't want to spoil a major part of the ending for one route);
Here is the special class Edelgard takes as a unique boss for the Blue Lions route, AKA "The Hegemon."

Spoiler

*me after seeing "The Hegemon"

Spoiler

Shocked-Face-1.jpg.4292ae178d4e379dae2a8346316215d2.jpg