(SPOILERS) Three Houses General Spoilers Thread

BZL8

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Has anyone managed to find the learnsets for Skills/Combat Arts/Magic, etc for all the units?

It will probably be a while before specific character data such at that and growths are found. According to dataminers, due to the fact Koei Tecmo worked on this, everything is stored differently so they have a lot of digging to do. It might not be until release until we get that stuff.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions I have so far:

What are the aptitudes of Edelgard’s, Dimitri’s, and Claude’s lord-exclusive Advanced and Master level classes? Also can Edelgard’s final class wield magic?

Can Male Byleth become a Dark Mage/Dark Bishop via the Dark Seal? Or is the class student-restricted like the Dancer class? 

4 minutes ago, Perc4LYF said:

What are the aptitudes of Edelgard’s, Dimitri’s, and Claude’s lord-exclusive Advanced and Master level classes? Also can Edelgard’s final class wield magic?

Can Male Byleth become a Dark Mage/Dark Bishop via the Dark Seal? Or is the class student-restricted like the Dancer class? 

Spoiler

There's an item called Dark Seal but nothing for dancers.

I believe Byleth can be Dark Mage.

And I thank you.

4 minutes ago, Perc4LYF said:

Spoiler

Edelgard's Armoured Lord class is proficient in Axes, Authority and Heavy Armour, her Empress class will no doubt be the same. Dunno about magic yet, but the class descriptions don't mention it so... (Though I think Thani mentiioned she will be and they've been right 9 times out of 10)

For Dimitri and Claude, we don't know, however according to Thani (who has been right so far), Dimitri will be Swords, Lance and Authority while Claude will be Bows, Authority and Flying.

Yes he can. The Dancer is a special event, you don't actually get a seal for it unlike the Dark Mage class

13 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

AT LAST THE MOMENT EVERYONE HAS WAITED FOR, POST-TIMESKIP PORTRAITS!

***WARNING*** - Has neutral portraits for every single character. Including spoilers. Enter at your own risk.

Hide contents

wyhov2.png

Spoiler

Is this really everyone?

Also: WHO ARE SOME OF THESE PEOPLE?! (Not counting the timeskip appearances, and some of the characters we already know about)

3 hours ago, Onestep said:
  Hide contents

Note that Byleth isn't literally Sothis. He has his own soul and mind, separate from that of the Progenitor. The situation is like Forseti or Julius, with the ancient dragon's possessing human hosts, but with said human hosts having far more free will, and being separate entities. In Sothis's S support, after they've fused, Sothis is still around.

So you can't

Spoiler

"save" both Rhea and Sothis in the same time? That would be an interesting choice to make...

9 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:
  Hide contents

Is this really everyone?

Also: WHO ARE SOME OF THESE PEOPLE?! (Not counting the timeskip appearances, and some of the characters we already know about)

Feel free to point to any characters you're unsure about.

Rhea's row, between Thales and Death Knight: Cornelia

Rhea's row, after Lonato: Miklan, Randolph
Anna's row, after Jeritza: Rodrigue, Judith, Nader, Monica, Lord Arundel, (Tomas), Nemesis, Seiros, young Dimitri, young Edelgard
New row: Emperor Ionius IX, Duke Aegir, Fleche, Lambert, Metodey, Ladislava, Gwendal, Acheron, Pallardó

18 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Feel free to point to any characters you're unsure about.

Hide contents

Rhea's row, between Thales and Death Knight: Cornelia

Rhea's row, after Lonato: Miklan, Randolph
Anna's row, after Jeritza: Rodrigue, Judith, Nader, Monica, Lord Arundel, (Tomas), Nemesis, Seiros, young Dimitri, young Edelgard
New row: Emperor Ionius IX, Duke Aegir, Fleche, Lambert, Metodey, Ladislava, Gwendal, Acheron, Pallardó

Here are the Portraits I don't recognize:

Spoiler

Randolph, Judith, Nader, Lord Arundel, Ionius IX, Duke Aegir, Fleche, Lambert, Metodey, Ladislava, Gwendal, Acheron, and Pallardó, are the only portraits I don't recognize.

Edited by MetalAmethyst

3 hours ago, Onestep said:
  Hide contents

Interesting. Fodlan, to put it bluntly, is a mess. There are at least three major threats, and depending on the route you're on, those threats might actually be your ally. Or you might even join up. It's very different from prior FE's.

I found it funny how

Spoiler

Church is the least threat to the land and people despite how promotional material keep painting them as the main evil organization.

Between Edelgard, Nemesis, Those sithth in Darkness or Almyra invasion, church isn't that bad especially if Byleth took over.

6 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I found it funny how

Hide contents

Church is the least threat to the land and people despite how promotional material keep painting them as the main evil organization.

Between Edelgard, Nemesis, Those sithth in Darkness or Almyra invasion, church isn't that bad especially if Byleth took over.

I'm guessing whoever wrote that ad only played or saw one route?

Anyway, working on the abilities list right now.

Just to emphasise, there won't be a list of who learns what for a while. Or stuff like growth rates.

Not until we figure out how these files work. I have a bad feeling all of the important files have been stripped of all information, besides the hard data. So it's nigh impossible to tell what file is what--and what the data inside is. It's not too bad if it's text, but if it's numbers and stuff, ouch.

In a sense, I guess we're back to the GBA and before days. Except the file size has grown exponentially. Nevermind looking for a needle in a haystack, it's like looking for an ant in a mansion. That said, I think we'll pull through somehow. If we all put our minds to it...

Edited by VincentASM

13 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Or it was the red herring, intentionally made to mislead players.

They wouldn't do that from a marketing standpoint! It's called false advertisement XD

WIP abilities page

I couldn't match all the icons. Feel free to poke me if you know which icons are used. Some icons are recycled and there are some leftover icons at the bottom of the page.

I laughed when I saw MissingNo. in the game.

Edited by VincentASM

Any signs of postgame stuff? I hope there's no "point of no return"(ie always end up before the final boss) that would be very lame especially wanting to minmax everything on a personal save file......

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Wow! This game looks very impressive now! Reading spoilers doesn't really ruin everything for me because for me, knowing something isn't the same as experiencing it. Really hyped now. Come on, Friday... 

8 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Any signs of postgame stuff? I hope there's no "point of no return"(ie always end up before the final boss) that would be very lame especially wanting to minmax everything on a personal save file......

Possible Post-Game Spoilers (NOT CONFIRMED)

Spoiler

Within the files there is something called the "Holy Tomb" that can be explored for special loot. It is accessible from the Amiibo Gazebo.
Now, I don't know if this is a post-game "dungeon" thing or if it is simply unlocked through gameplay. Personally I'm hoping for postgame dungeon as the text is near "after clearing a save file" type deal, but I have no idea.

6 hours ago, Spectrum said:

Reading all these spoilers is making me actually want a 'canon' 5th route even though I hated the Revelation path in Fates.

No, please, no.

Canon confirmed endings or developer bias is not nice. IS did it right in Three Houses , it's up to the player side with their favorite route 

Re routes and endings

Spoiler

From what I can tell of the story it seems like they actually managed to properly handle a "morally gray" narrative; like, sure, Edelgard is the final boss in everyone else's stories but she's also justified in her actions by the fact that Rhea steps down anyways. Edelgard was right to oppose the church and the reasons she has to be taken down aren't obvious "hurr durr it's cuz she's evil".

5 minutes ago, Arachnofiend said:

Re routes and endings

Hide contents

From what I can tell of the story it seems like they actually managed to properly handle a "morally gray" narrative; like, sure, Edelgard is the final boss in everyone else's stories but she's also justified in her actions by the fact that Rhea steps down anyways. Edelgard was right to oppose the church and the reasons she has to be taken down aren't obvious "hurr durr it's cuz she's evil".

Spoiler

According to the S-support with Rhea, she intend to step down because she fabricated history in order to resurrect her mother. She felt guilty of misleading people despite she indeed kept peace for a thousand years.

Honestly, she did some bad things, but I really don't feel justified starting a world war and kill everyone for it. I feel that Edelgard is more behind her own vendetta against Rhea than true justice.

Edited by Timlugia

Spoiler

I guess I'll have to see the full narrative myself to make a real judgement on it. The endings for siding with Edelgard do seem like a positive move forward for the continent, though I guess it could still be worrisome because her priorities kinda sound like "Ashnard if he wasn't super racist". I think I can say with some certainty that she isn't as flagrantly evil as the last time IS tried a story with two sides to it.

Something interesting about paired ending here

It seems it some ending, Byleth was clearly a mortal, ages and dies later.

While in some other ending like Flayn, it's very clear that Byelth was immortal and does not age.

At first I thought it's route based, but then in some non BE path Byleth still dies, so I wonder what's the cause?

Spoiler

Maybe it has to do with Sothis? Maybe during the game you could ask her to stay (regardless S rank), and Byleth will remain immortal?

Edited by Captain Karnage
Unmarked spoilers

34 minutes ago, Arachnofiend said:

Re routes and endings

Hide contents

Spoiler

She's only the final boss of Dimitri's story. She's the midboss of Rhea's and Claude's. But yeah, she's definitely the darkest path morally, but she has solid reasons and an actual plan.

51 minutes ago, Sire said:

Possible Post-Game Spoilers (NOT CONFIRMED)

Hide contents

Within the files there is something called the "Holy Tomb" that can be explored for special loot. It is accessible from the Amiibo Gazebo.
Now, I don't know if this is a post-game "dungeon" thing or if it is simply unlocked through gameplay. Personally I'm hoping for postgame dungeon as the text is near "after clearing a save file" type deal, but I have no idea.

Oh!!!! I really hope so thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Onestep said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She's only the final boss of Dimitri's story. She's the midboss of Rhea's and Claude's. But yeah, she's definitely the darkest path morally, but she has solid reasons and an actual plan.

She really reminds me

Spoiler

Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars, such as bringing "peace and progress" by conquering the world, and execute Order 66 on the graduation accosting the land

18 minutes ago, Dewel said:

With those endings leaked is it save to say we dont get any new playable characters post timeskip? 

Yes, it seems the playable characters are all ones we know about.

Also, if in doubt, here's the recruitable list (but note that other details are missing).

Edited by VincentASM