Flavia/Basilio Unused Married Ending

So I was digging through Awakening's Endings file (エンディング.bin.lz) when I came across something that took me off-guard.

Married ending data for Basilio and Flavia.

What.

MEID_その後_バジーリオ_フラヴィア: Basilio returned home and threw\nhimself into two new endeavors:\ndeposing his wife from the Feroxi\nthrone and rearing their newborn\nchild. This led to the liveliest―and\nloudest―royal household in memory.

Basilio returned home and threw himself into two new endeavors: deposing his wife from the Feroxi throne and rearing their newborn child. This led to the liveliest―and loudest―royal household in memory.

Now, I will admit to having done some (okay, a lot of) hacking, including new writing, so I thought I'd accidentally transposed this clearly altered ending file with the original somehow. I knew I hadn't written it myself, but I'd downloaded other people's edits in the past to use as examples while I was first learning and thought I might have mixed something up. In fact, here's my exact note to myself upon finding it: "I didn't write this Basilio/Flavia ending, but I fucking love it."

But then it occurred to me that I'd taken this file directly from my original braindump. I was pretty sure I had, anyway. So I went into my braindump folder and grabbed the original, unaltered file. I unpacked it, and yep, there it was. The married ending. I checked the original file's 'Date Modified' and it was identical to every other file in the braindump. So it clearly had not been altered.

I started looking around online. Even if it was real, there is no freaking way I was the only person to find this. The game has been out for YEARS. It's been hacked for years. Lots of people have gone through this game's code. The only reason I'm able to do it myself is because people have built tools for hacking this specific game.

But there was nothing, or at least I found nothing. Not even in the Trivia sections of the wikis or on The Cutting Room Floor, nor on Serene Forest's own 'Unused Content' section for Awakening. And while I've never heard of any unused content for a Basilio/Flavia pairing, I have heard a lot of people express consternation at the lack of S Support for them, and I feel like a discovered unused married ending would have caused even more lamenting.

So, finally, I redumped my entire game cart. I wanted to make absolutely sure I hadn't made a mistake in this and was looking at an altered file. I dumped my game, I ran RomFS Extractor, I found the file, and I unpacked it. And there it was. In the original, unaltered, freshly-extracted game data, there was proof that at some point there were plans for Basilio and Flavia to have an S Support until all our dreams were prematurely dashed.

If this has been discussed before, I apologize for the post. Even right now I'm convinced I'm not the first person to notice this. And I'm super nervous about posting because of it. But I even did a search with the ending text and nothing came up. I searched "basilio flavia married ending fire emblem" and other phrases like it and came up with zilch. I even searched this forum and didn't see a result about it. So, uh. Here, have some information.

Edited by Reddazrael
Typo fix.

I always thought these two were meant to be together, maybe they removed it because it was really obvious they were together? lol

18 minutes ago, Bloom said:

I always thought these two were meant to be together, maybe they removed it because it was really obvious they were together? lol

I think they might not wanted to have another child character in the story, so they cut it. Especially considering that they both have very limited supports you could easily miss out on getting that kid

____

also, this is some serious stuff, allow me to summon@VincentASM (what's his casting cost again?)

9 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

(what's his casting cost again?)

Your entire lifespan.

The fact that it mentions a newborn in the ending makes me think that yeah, there was (probably very early) another child character planned.

I think the child character in the ending could have been fine, just because they have a child doesn't mean they need to be recruitable... like what if the child is only born if Grima is defeated. Which didn't happen in the other children's timelines.

11 minutes ago, Bloom said:

I think the child character in the ending could have been fine, just because they have a child doesn't mean they need to be recruitable... like what if the child is only born if Grima is defeated. Which didn't happen in the other children's timelines.

Very true, especially considering what happened to Basilio in the bad future, but let me dream. Can you imagine a Basilio&Flavia kid? The sheer sass potential.

Huh, I had wondered, but kind of concluded they were just the kind of people who just got along despite the constant ribbing into each other. Guess IS had considered it after all.

5 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Can you imagine a Basilio&Flavia kid? The sheer sass potential.

Holy fuck, I want a sequel with that fucking magnificent bastard as lord now.

"In the name of my father's Feroxi brown arse" would probably be the best introducing line in the series.

When I first played Awakening which was blind and got their A support I though they were a cannon couple, but sadly found out later that that was not true.  Seeing this makes me want this to have happened that kid would have been my favorite kid of all time.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Omg YES. This would have been amazing and plus their kid would be a spitfire. Somebody with art skill please make designs for male and female of said kid. Leaning toward female myself because Basilio in a "Daddy's little girl" and then "Daughter who thinks her dad is embarrassing and lame but deep down inside she's still his little girl" scenario would be gold.

Well I guess they can always have one of each.

46 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Omg YES. This would have been amazing and plus their kid would be a spitfire. Somebody with art skill please make designs for male and female of said kid. Leaning toward female myself because Basilio in a "Daddy's little girl" and then "Daughter who thinks her dad is embarrassing and lame but deep down inside she's still his little girl" scenario would be gold.

I've decided that their daughter is the mysterious unused Tracie from the game files. Probably no truth to it, but I'm going to run with it.

48 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Well I guess they can always have one of each.

My art skills are definitely not the best, but I do enjoy sketching.

Spoiler

1124371043_IMG_20190721_1710042132.thumb.jpg.fea81f06c0c84a344174fc6aa107d90b.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ace Flashheart said:

My art skills are definitely not the best, but I do enjoy sketching.

Those work! I like how the girl has hair over one eye. They both look like they could have these particular parents.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Holy fuck, I want a sequel with that fucking magnificent bastard as lord now.

"In the name of my father's Feroxi brown arse" would probably be the best introducing line in the series.

I like to imagine the scene as someone riding in on a massive warhorse, slaughtering their way through enemy ranks, and no matter what dialogue is written on the screen, that's the positively roared-out voice clip.

And it's also one of their crit lines.

Edited by Reddazrael