The Advanced and Master Class Scenario

So I'm not 100% sure what the numbers at the bottom of the screen mean on the reclassing menu; but I'm assuming that it's base stats or something to that effect of the current class compared to the intended promotion.

In that case; it appears that the stat difference between Advanced and Master Classes isn't all that vast. Some classes are straight upgrades like Wyvern Lord and Bow Knight but for classes like Warlock and Dark Bishop; the lines might be a little more blurred; especially if a male mage doesn't have a strength in Riding.

BST of 106 for Wyvern Rider.

image.png.bfb82000ee5cbf6afcfb934e17bb3363.png

BST of 124 for Wyvern Lord.

image.png

A difference of 18 stats; which isn't major; but it's just a comparison for these 2 classes; it'll matter more for the roles we don't have in Master; which I don't think we have stats for yet.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

I'd say the main concern is that there is honestly no reason to not take the mounted class over the unmounted one. If you really dislike mounted classes, you could just dismount. Why use a Bishop when you can use an unmounted Holy Knight? Why use a Warlock when you can use a unmounted Dark Knight?

The only classes where this does not present itself is Assassin and Hero.

Edited by IzzyFresh

I'm literally making an account because it's getting so frustrating watching you post this over and over again. I'm sorry, but this advanced=master class argument just seems like extremely wishful thinking. The Polygon guy on Reddit explicitly said that master classes are not sidegrades. We don't know the growths or skills for the classes, so there's nothing firm to support either side. But final classes have never been a sidegrade in the past. Master classes have more intricate designs too, which in Fire Emblem history typically goes hand in hand with strength of the class. Every single precedent tells us that master classes will be better, without anything other than wishful thinking and poor final class diversity to claim the contrary. I really really want more infantry too. And I'm hoping there are classes we haven't seen still. But expecting advanced classes to be near master is going to leave you disappointed.

We can reclass to advanced before school phase is over. In what jrpg ever do you hit your final form before the halfway point. Also in your own example 18 stats more from 106 is huge. That's a 16% increase, that's gigantic, and that's only base stats. Please stop setting yourself and others up for disappointment.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with the guy above me, as much as I want an infantry army there's a lot of extensive proof that Master>Advanced. It's confirmed by this point. There's a niche exception where I could see a unit staying as Assassin, because Locktouch, but I have the feeling you can get that by mastering either Thief or Assassin itself.

The only (tiny) hope is that there's something hidden behind the timeskip embargo (maybe some weird seals like the one for Dark Mage). But let's be real, they're probably keeping that for DLC.

2 minutes ago, timon said:

but I have the feeling you can get that by mastering either Thief or Assassin itself.

I'd hope you'd get steal by mastering Thief, because it's going to be really annoying to have to class change back to an intermediate class when everyone is in a master class just to steal a magic ring of some brigand. I could also see Locktouch then coming from Assassin.

If they were DLC classes, they would already anounced it. But the only contents are new maps, items, costumes & extra story.

2 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I'd hope you'd get steal by mastering Thief, because it's going to be really annoying to have to class change back to an intermediate class when everyone is in a master class just to steal a magic ring of some brigand. I could also see Locktouch then coming from Assassin.

Spoiler

Confirmed

Maybe the same can applies to the other advance classes since they have unique class skills

Not sure if this belongs here, but the Thief line not having a top-tier class equivalent isn't completely without precedent.

Binding Blade, for example, completely expected you to stick with your roughly Level 18-20 unpromoted Thieves by the time most of your other characters have promoted.

18 stat points is not a major difference? I think it is, like a lot. Stats like Magic, Luck and Charm wont get a boost in a Wyvern class (Last 2 wont get a boost at all in any class) so 6 other stats to get 18 points, again, thats a lot. Even if we say 3 each, which i doubt, then something like HP/Strength would get 5 points or so.

So again, at least in this scenario, the difference is big.

Edited by Nio

Suggesting that 'Master' is a 'sidegrade' is overstating, I more believe that the variation between Advanced and Master (except for Wyvern Rider/Lord) is minimal enough you could 'get away' with not doing it. At least for two reasons:

1. The acquire rate on Master Seals is slow so you won't have enough of them early on. Your later choices to promote won't fall behind too badly early on.
2. Your units still in advanced to Master the class won't fall behind. For the classes with a valuable Mastery skill (like I imagine both Paladin and Assassin will have).

The only class I feel falls into the reverse of this is Paladin, which I expect will 'keep up' with the Master classes better than the others? In large part because I expect it'll have the same Move as the Master classes. And that will give it a lot of room.

The major difference between advanced classes and master classes is just that they require more skills to be a high rank to get there. The only thing that would break whether or not this is the case is if the stat caps or stat growths are grossly different. Which we won't know until they're confirmed.