Will characters truly all look different post timeskip?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Reveal hidden contents

tgtq0rrxeyb31.png

Welp, here we go..(Thoughts)

Spoiler

(Also..I'm going to steal Silverly's idea of using ''>, <, =''. They're cool.)

House Leaders:

Edelgard:Pre<Post. While I'm not a big fan of both designs and red, her face looks more mature and prettier in the post-skip. I like that.

Dimitri:Pre<Post. Messy hair takes the advantage. (Otherwise, Pre=Post)

Claude:Pre<Post. Do I really need to say anything? I mean, just look at him! He goes from playboy-trickster to what I would like to call a husband.

BE:

Hubert:Pre<Post. Now he's a vampire.(Otherwise, Pre=Post)

Dorothea:Pre?Post. This is a really hard one for me..While I found the post-skip more attractive and glamorous, most of her defining traits didn't get beyond the pre-skip, which is a little sad. (Manly the Jotaro's hat)

Ferdinand:Pre>Post. I've already commented this one out. I don't hate the long hair, but his short hair was way better..

Linhardt:Pre>Post. Nothing against his post-skip, I found both enjoyable. His pre-skip is just a little..cuter? I don't really know how to say.

Caspar:Pre=Post. Again, I enjoy both. (But..Is that really a 5-year growth?!)

Bernadetta:Pre=Post. *Ahem* Again, I enjoy both. Not really anything to add, I found them to be equals in everything I would consider.

Petra:Pre<Post. I guess she's in the same boat as Claude (but without the playboy part, of course). Loved the new colors.

BL:

Dedue:Pre=Post. They're both cool, but..He didn't change that much. (It also looks like he goes the same path as Dimitri, which should be the case if he's his retainer)

Felix:Pre<Post. I was looking for something a little more Hero than Swordmaster..but oh well. Very solid, just like the next one..

Sylvain:Pre<Post. Pretty solid. Points up for the new haircut. (Kinda of funny how he and Ferdinand traded spots in the ''Best Cavalier Hair'')

Mercedes:*Ahem* I'm not even going to give it a score. I had to look 2-to-3 times before even realizing it was her.  Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the new visual, it's just that..I'll miss the long hair.

Ingrid:Pre>Post. I enjoy both, but her hair at the pre-skip is a little more stylish.

Annette:Pre=Post. Yes, here comes the ''I enjoy both''. Her post-skip face seems a little off to me, but not a worry.

Lorenz:Pre<Post. You saw it coming. It's not even because of his hair, it's more about that armor.

Raphiel:Pre<Post. Points up for the fitting shirt.

Lysithea:Pre<Post. Er..It doesn't change much. I like the little nice purple details.

Marianne:Pre=Post. I'm okay with both, but I'm happy that she got some sleep after 5 years. About the new hair..there's something missing, but no big deal.

Ignatz:Pre<Post. One of my favorites, actually. He looks like the nerd you could always count on. Also, now I can properly differ him from a woman.

Leonie:Pre>Post. Not much to say here aside from the usual ''I miss her haircut''.. (Now that I thought about it..I'm pretty annoying with hair stuff, aren't I?)

Hilda:Pre=Post. They're both fine. My only complain is about the lack of color in her post-skip.  

I'm honestly having a hard time picking someone whose design I like less after the timeskip. Probably Caspar, who lost that plucky underdog charm. Maybe Mercedes too? Though in her case it's less a downgrade and more a complete switch in aesthetics. Byleth definitely looks worse but that actually happens before the timeskip. As for most improved, I would say Dimitri, Leonie, Dorothea, Lorenz, Ferdinand, Sylvain, Ingrid, Hubert and Ignatz, with special mention to Petra for that outfit change (man that was a long list). Claude looks amazing too of course but he was already amazing before so it's not that much of a change. Holy shit the character design in this game is great.

Edited by Druplesnubb

Okay, my thoughts on the designs:

Spoiler

House Leaders:

Edelgard- I like both about the same.

Dimitri- I personally like both.

Claude: Both again. All three House Leaders look good.

BE:

Hubert- Mixed. Like the pre-timeskip hair better, but post looks like a vampire and that's awesome.

Dorothea- Post. They got rid of the hat (I like it for the Jojo memes and that's it. Doesn't look like it belongs in FE) and she looks so pretty!

Linhardt- Both. Pre-timeskip has better hair (I'm a lover of old fashioned military ponytails). Post-timeskip has a great outfit.

Bernadetta- Mixed. I like the post-timeskip clothes, but the hair is meh.

Caspar- Post. He looks better.

Petra- Post. I love what they did with her hair!

Ferdinand- Post. Oh my. The long hair. I love boys with long hair.

BL:

Dedue- Both. They're all right. Not too outstanding.

Felix- Post. He's like a blue-haired Lon'qu and that's awesome.

Ashe- Mixed. I like the post-timeskip clothes, but somethings not clicking with the hair. Oh well. I'll get used to it. Not a big deal.

Sylvain- Both. He's already hot pre-timeskip... and got hotter! Gimme.

Mercedes- Both. Unpopular opinion, but I actually don't mind her with short hair, even though I prefer long. She's still pretty. I like veils/headdresses too.

Annette- Post. Hands down the better design. She looks so childish pre-timeskip. I love the new hair.

Ingrid- Pre. Honey, why did you cut that gorgeous hair? I still like her, though. Not gonna let designs ruin characters.

GD:

Lorenz- Post. Oh no, he's hot. Seriously, he's that kid you made fun of and regretted it when you saw them later as an older adolescent or adult.

Raphael- Post. Ruggedly handsome. He's like a blond version of my boyfriend.

Ignatz- Post. Much better without that stupid bowl haircut.

Lysithea: Post. She's beautiful. Can't say much more.

Marianne- Both. She's pretty no matter which version I look at.

Hilda- Mixed. I like the post hairstyle, but not the clothes.