Introducing the House Leaders of Fodlan!

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

The lion isn't blue, though.

The deer is brown and white and the eagle is dark brown. 

I don't have the tools to recolor gifs sorry.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Inb4 a fourth faction shows up:

dynasty-warriors-7-jin-faction-screensho

Is this Xenoblade 2?

People are already making their own houses regardless.

https://www.deviantart.com/fumikomiyasaki/art/FETH-Green-Fox-Students-needed-806809466

giphy.gif

Edited by Dragoncat

Just now, Espurrhoodie said:

I think that's from Dynasty Warriors.

Jin from Xenoblade 2 does not look like that.

Yeah, and Xenoblade 2 has an anime style so I was confused. Dynasty Warriors fits.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah, and Xenoblade 2 has an anime style so I was confused. Dynasty Warriors fits.

And this is was XC2 Jin looks like:

latest?cb=20180306222315

9 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I think that's from Dynasty Warriors.

Jin from Xenoblade 2 does not look like that.

9 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Yup, it's from Dynasty Warriors.

It depicts the Sima family (Sima Yi with his two sons Sima Shi and Sima Zhao), who are basically the forefathers of the Jin dynasty and the ones responsible for putting and end to the Three Kingdoms period in ancient China. Basically, the Sima family usurped Wei and took power from the Cao clan. But it was Sima Zhao's son, Sima Yan, who finally dethroned the last Cao emperor and turned Wei into Jin in AD 266. The three guys you see in that picture died long before that happened (well, the guy on the right, Sima Zhao, died the year before that, but... you know).

The joke is that it's called the Romance of the Three Kingdoms (the novel that Dynasty Warriors is based on) and the story is about the leaders and officers of Wei, Wu, and Shu, but the victor of the conflict was a fourth force that only gained relevance late into it (Sima Yi's first appearance in the novel was as a minor character during the preparations for a battle in AD 208, whereas his coup d'état only happened in AD 249).
I was drawing a parallel between this and Three Houses and assumed there would be a fourth force that comes in towards the end of the game and wins the conflict.