Gamestop early/midnight release

When I called to see what time they'd start handing out FE3H at my local Gamestop, I was informed that they planned to do an early release the Thursday prior, handing out the game at 9PM (PST).

Just wanted to put this out there; if you pre-ordered, you should call in as well and see if you can snag your copy early! 

I mostly wanted to know so I would be guaranteed to get that pin set..

When I pre-ordered the special edition it only gave me the option for delivery, no pick up, so I don’t think I’ll be able to get it there that night.

...But I might pick up a midnight copy and just return it later after my copy comes in the mail. If a GameStop near me is doing it.

I preordered the game, but even if I hadn't I wouldn't go to an early/midnight release to buy one. Partially because I still have work on Friday and this means I can come home to find my copy waiting for me and can freely spend a large portion of my weekend playing. Also, I'm a baby who likes sleep too much.

Our local game stores don't do midnight release but even so, I have work for the rest of the Friday unless I could ask someone to pick up my game and bring it to me to play during lunch break. 😂

51 minutes ago, Bloom said:

SOME PEOPLE HAVE WORK IN THE MORNINGS, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! :(

I work the following morning.. watch me collapse as I hand out fast food orders after staying up all night playing FE3H (no, I won't really be that irresponsible).

I mostly want to get my copy now because that Friday evening I'm leaving for an all-weekend camping trip, and I pre-ordered before I knew I was going. Don't want them to give away my copy or my pins. 

(Also, I can escape my family via Fire Emblem if need be..)

Edited by nyainou

I called the store I pre ordered at and they said they're doing the 9PM thing as well, sweet! I have a party to go to on Friday so this helps me get my fill of the game before then. Yeah retailers sometimes do that here in California, since it's "midnight" somewhere in the US they figure the product is allowed to be handed out a few hours early. I thought they only did launch events for big games like Smash Bros so this is definitely a surprise.

Probably FE is becoming more well known. Before when Awakening and Fates came out, there's no pre-order at my local game store. We could only do reservations. Now, they did put a pre-order mechanic for Three Houses. They only did that with popular IPs like Pokémon before. 

Sadly though, we don't do midnight releases here so I have to wait after work to pick up my copy, someone did offer to pick it up when the mall open and bring me it to me if they're not busy. I'm crossing my fingers that they're not so that I could play it during lunch break. 

Edited by Ririn
Added a sentence or two.

I was thinking about going to Gamestop in the evening, but I think I'll hold off until morning. I'm planning on giving my girlfriend the free Byleth for FEH, and it'll be easier to do that when we're both together.

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I called the store I pre ordered at and they said they're doing the 9PM thing as well, sweet! I have a party to go to on Friday so this helps me get my fill of the game before then. Yeah retailers sometimes do that here in California, since it's "midnight" somewhere in the US they figure the product is allowed to be handed out a few hours early. I thought they only did launch events for big games like Smash Bros so this is definitely a surprise.

When I called the first time (too far in advanced, they didn't have an answer yet) the guy on the phone said that they "tend to do early releases for popular games like FE", so I think, little by little, Fire Emblem has become much more popular here in the west. 

Nice, glad to see you'll be able to get your hands on the game early too. Well for me I don't know if I could, as I ordered my copy of the SE at another retail chain that doesn't do midnight releases. I do work there however and am closing the night before, so I might be able to actually get it about 3hrs early if the system lets it through. Still won't be opening it up though til midnight because A. I'm gonna need to grab food after work, and B. I plan to stream the game so I kinda need to stick to the release schedule (even though CN and some others got the game early already cuz retailers pepega'd, and assuming from those mines that the game is all languages/text available in every copy, there's likely bigger fish that are gonna do early stream off the JP release since they're 13hrs ahead of the US.)