Any true love?

1) Just wondering if there is any "true" or suggested romantic routes. For example, is Edelgard and the MC true love for example, even without S rank? Do these two have a love S rank ending - if so, please share what their ending is.

2) Anyone similar to Tharja or Camellia from previous games (ie unrequited love for MC).

3) How are the paired endings like? Since no one else besides MC can S rank/marry characters, do the other characters marry? Say MC marries character A. Will there be a situation in the same save file where that character A is mentioned as the wife or husband of another character........? that would be so wierd... please confirm if you know of this...

4) Are there paired endings for other characters in this game? I thought they could not attain more than A rank with each other. If there are paired endings for the other characters (other than MC), please advise on how to reach those conditions, do you have to make them at least A rank?

Edited by HeartTranquil

Plenty of threads have covered this if you dug a bit. 

1. No. Edelgard isn't the only one with a paired ending with Byleth, and nothing definitively ships you with her. 

2. We definitely don't have a stalker character from what I've seen and read. Leonie has affection for Jeralt but hardly the same thing.

3. Paired endings are generally unique and well written. They aren't exclusve to the avatar, anyone with an A rank with someone gets an ending. Also that last part is a no...

4. Check #3

Ah thanks friend, so paired endings are indeed possible if you A rank 2 characters together right?

So this means for non-MC A ranks between 2 opposite sex characters, this means they will have a romantic ending, even though they may not marry immediately due to no S rank? 

2 minutes ago, nhaer042 said:

Glad to know paired endings are still a thing. Though can a character have more than one A rank unlocked at a time?

Apparently yes, as far as I understand (I haven't read everything) that's one of the biggest unanswered questions from the leaks. How does the game choose which A rank is going to be the paired ending, is it based on what support you get first? Is it a hard set priority system? Does it keep a "score" for support points even after A rank?

Personally I hope there's just a clear UI option for the player to decide who gets with who (and who stays alone), there's no reason to hide this type of things behind some secret stats or weird development decision.

Yes I do agree with Timon's concerns, because if a non-mc character has say 3 A supports with other non-mc characters, how will the system decide which one of them marries each other and which ones does not in the post ending?

Right? It doesn't make sense if this isn't done properly. If character X has A supports with Y and Z, will A in the ending marry Y and Z assuming they are opposite sex for example?

6 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Surprisingly Rhea x Byleth might end to be implied "Canon" pairing. 

I certainly doubt  Eldegard count as one givenher, let's day circumstances... 

Oh god please no. Just answer with a yes or no please (under spoiler tag): are they related (closely enough to make a relationship weird)?

12 minutes ago, timon said:

Oh god please no. Just answer with a yes or no please (under spoiler tag): are they related (closely enough to make a relationship weird)?

Edelgard? Nah, not at all. I don't even see why it would be any less 'canon' than any other ending and why anyone would imply that.

As for first-come-first-serve, I would have thought the opposite would be true. The one you're with isn't your first love, it's your most recent love.

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, timon said:

Simply yes/no could be misleading, but I will keep it in single sentence  and spoil nothing 

Spoiler

There is special relation, but nothing squicky to be weirded out by. 

Edited by Tenzen12

37 minutes ago, timon said:

Spoiler

They're not related, but in my opinion, entering a relationship with her would be messed up and weird

13 hours ago, Wheels said:
  Hide contents

They're not related, but in my opinion, entering a relationship with her would be messed up and weird

Edelgard is

Spoiler

actually related to you, but so far apart it's like Aragorn and Arwen related.

And Rhea

Spoiler

is very unique one, both in condition and context. I can see why some people calling it to be proto-canon ending.

Edited by Timlugia

14 hours ago, timon said:

Oh boy, oh boy. Are they related? Massive spoilers.

Spoiler

First of all, Rhea created Byleth's mother to be a human clone of Sothis, her mother. So in a weird way, Rhea is your sister. She also shared her blood with Jeralt, so you could say that she's also your aunt. Of course, it has to be taken into account that Rhea CREATED Byleth's mother. So in another sense, she's also your grandmother. 

So it's a three for one on the Incest-but-not-quite mark.

Of course, there's also the fact that Sothis's Crest Stone is lodged in Byleth's chest. While Sothis's soul and Byleth's soul are separate, Sothis does eventually link your soul to hers, a process which she compares to marriage in her S-rank support. So I guess you could also say you're Rhea's father-in-law now?

18 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Oh boy, oh boy. Are they related? Massive spoilers.

Hide contents

While Sothis's soul and Byleth's soul are separate, Sothis does eventually link your soul to hers, a process which she compares to marriage in her S-rank support. So I guess you could also say you're Rhea's father-in-law now?

And in that case it also

Spoiler

Makes Rhea your daughter. You also only found out the whole truth if S-support Rhea, so she's also your wife by this time

It's some Greek mythology level family relation, not surprising that many their names were Greek to begin with.

Just now, Timlugia said:

And in that case it also

Hide contents

Makes Rhea your daughter. You also only found out the whole truth if S-support Rhea, so she's also your wife by this time

It's some Greek mythology level family relation, not surprising that many their names were Greek to begin with.

Spoiler

Not really? I mean, Sothis is inside you, but she's still separate from you, mostly. Your mother and your child are about the only things she aint.

4 minutes ago, Onestep said:
  Hide contents

Not really? I mean, Sothis is inside you, but she's still separate from you, mostly. Your mother and your child are about the only things she aint.

Spoiler

Rhea seem to address you a few times similar to her mother,

and how in church ending Byleth was holding Rhea the way she wants her mother hold her again. I found it really strongly implying this type relationship.

Obviously it also depends on how you define soul and conscious...

Edited by Timlugia

2 minutes ago, Timlugia said:
  Hide contents

Rhea seem to address you a few times similar to her mother,

and how in church ending Byleth was holding Rhea the way she wants her mother hold her again. I found it really strongly implying this type relationship.

Obviously it also depends on how you define soul and conscious...

Spoiler

Rhea's plan was quite literally for your mother to possess you. She's calling you her mother, because she wants Sothis to take over your brain. Her S-support has her telling you that she now knows this was wrong, and she just wants you to be you. Her final photo in the confession is her gently grasping Byleth's hand, as a lover, not a child.

And Sothis states in her S-rank that her soul is joined to Byleth's, which mean they have  independent, if linked souls. And she's clearly a different consciousness.

12 minutes ago, Onestep said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Agreed. I personally think:

Spoiler

It's weird and a bit messed up, but not actually that bad. She's more of a distant relative/donor than anything. Biologically, donating blood doesn't make you related to someone. So it's not really familycest. Still odd, but Fire Emblem had plenty of odd relationships. Heck, Fates was full of pseudo-incest (adoptive siblings and step-siblings) and actual cousin incest (Azura).