Character Growth rates (and Data-mine Topic)

Azz

1 minute ago, goodperson707 said:

How amused would you be with 30 weight, perhaps with an extra helping of having to save a unit equipped with one?  

Resource management is a key part of FE games, I'd still be fairly amused. After 30 you'd need a particularly silly number like 42 or 69 to amuse me again.

Also in my day your weapon just broke and you had to stand there and get hit in the face, after walking up desert both ways in a fog of war or some such.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

How amused would you be with 30 weight, perhaps with an extra helping of having to save a unit equipped with one?  

Don't forget the part where that unit dies regardless of what you do, but you have to save him anyway or else have a ball-busting hard time fighting the final boss of the map who uses a 30 might go-f***-yourself tome and a skill that enables him to completely block one-third of the attacks made against him.

That is, unless you picked up a certain other 30 might go-f***-yourself tome that is objectively better than the final boss's go-f***-yourself tome.

30 minutes ago, Rakath said:

Also in my day your weapon just broke and you had to stand there and get hit in the face, after walking up desert both ways in a fog of war or some such.

Back in my day, you could only level your healers by letting them get smacked in the face, and they would gain nothing but Weapon Level, Speed, and Luck as a result.

That was because back in my day fun was strictly forbidden.

19 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Back in my day, you could only level your healers by letting them get smacked in the face, and they would gain nothing but Weapon Level, Speed, and Luck as a result.

It that more or less fun than missing with your healing staff? 

32 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Don't forget the part where that unit dies regardless of what you do, but you have to save him anyway or else have a ball-busting hard time fighting the final boss of the map who uses a 30 might go-f***-yourself tome and a skill that enables him to completely block one-third of the attacks made against him.

That is, unless you picked up a certain other 30 might go-f***-yourself tome that is objectively better than the final boss's go-f***-yourself tome.

11 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

C’mon guys! You’re forgetting the absolute blast we had with infinite-range status staves that did not ever wear off on their own!

But sort of returning to the topic,

Spoiler

Seriously, what’s up with those new crest revelations from Vincent’s data? Does EVERYBODY on the Blue Lions have a secret, plot-relevant relative? I’m starting to see why Dimitri goes a bit wacky over the story.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Just now, goodperson707 said:

It's like a game of roulette.

Will it land or will it not?  Who knows?!  Maybe Dagdar will just die in his manor because goddamn Safy can't land a use of Reblow.  Maybe the enemy will land every staff use they make for no good reason.  Or maybe the one time the staff does land it'll be just me staffbotting Dalsin for 1 or 2 points of HP.

I will say that I generally prefer when healers actually level up from doing their job to forcing such squishy units to risk death so that they may eventually be able to use a Reserve staff.

That said, everyone knows that in OG FE Wendel and the mage squad were all better than the garbage clerics you got.

Speaking of old people who are badass, damn if Hanneman doesn't have as bad of growths as I thought such an old man would have.  I mean, that 20% speed and defense is iffy, but he ought to get a medal for not only having better growths for the most part than poor boi Cyril, but also having a 55% growth in magic and three growths in the 40's.

2 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

C’mon guys! You’re forgetting the absolute blast we had with infinite-range status staves that did not ever wear off on their own!

That's because I'm too busy figuring out how to grab them so that I can abuse those staves on my enemies.  Specifically Kempf; I'd like to abuse the butt-end of a sleep staff against his temple.

Oh, and I'm busy being entertained by the black fog of war.  Because it's always fun to not even be able to see what the terrain is like.

Portrait dump. Contains all portraits in the game. Be careful there are some that are BIG SPOILERS as you would expect

Download link

EDIT: This is literally the cutest thing

Spoiler

Edited by Azz

Yeah, so Classes growth rates are really weird and weak...Mortal Savant with -10 in Spd ? So it's not even a good upgrade for Swordmaster/Assassin.

I really, really hope that Master Classes aren't the be all, end all.

Edited by Tharne

4 minutes ago, Dewel said:

So Armored lord adds another 5 magic groth and emperor 10 to edelgard it would realy be silly if you could not use magic in those classes at this point

From what I can tell, there are no magic armours in the game. Also, Dimitri is infantry.

Oh Vincent just thought I would mention smth. Under weapons and items you have magic down as reason and dark when it should just be reason, as reason magic consist of black magic and dark magic.

45 minutes ago, Azz said:

Oh Vincent just thought I would mention smth. Under weapons and items you have magic down as reason and dark when it should just be reason, as reason magic consist of black magic and dark magic.

Oh yeah, I added that bit in a hurry. Thanks ^^

Class abilities and arts

13 minutes ago, Azz said:

@VincentASM thieves get steal for mastering the class, not locktouch omg I seem like I'm correcting you so much sorry

Hide contents

Cn6n3EN.png

Thanks! I need a watchful pair of eyes with so much data to go through. Although it looks like you only have one.

I was a bit hasty and copied the wrong one across.

19 minutes ago, timon said:

Isn't Hunter's Volley (for snipers) a combat art? Or did they change it?

Yeah it is, it's probably just a mistake on Vincent's part

1 hour ago, timon said:

Isn't Hunter's Volley (for snipers) a combat art? Or did they change it?

43 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah it is, it's probably just a mistake on Vincent's part

Oops, I might have put it in the wrong column. I'll fix it later.

Spell list

Interesting that only Edelgard, Hubert and Lysithea learn dark magic.

I like how Flayn and Manuela have very varied lists from one another since they are neutral units and each have their own niche if you are low on healers.

I love how only two characters learn the strongest black magic spell and one of them is Lorenz of all people.

Yet another tease of Edel's magic thing eh... don't play with my heart IS. Though it's bit bizarre that her talent, IIRC, is Black Magic Crit+10, but then she gets Dark Magic.

And yeah, as expected Lysithea is probably the strongest mage in the game, full list of spells for both Reason and Faith, this girl as Gremory is going to destroy humanity.

I guess now we just need to see if some hidden talent give spells, otherwise that's the list of magic in the game I suppose (at least the one that we can use).

9 minutes ago, timon said:

Yet another tease of Edel's magic thing eh... don't play with my heart IS. Though it's bit bizarre that her talent, IIRC, is Black Magic Crit+10, but then she gets Dark Magic.

Spoiler

Since both her unique classes boost magic Growth rate i realy think that she can use magic in her master class atleast

I am curious about how come there is no Rhea?

- Either she not playable at all, which doesn't make sense since she's clearly following Byelth in her path. And she has full support chain.

- She has fix level depending on game progression, like green allied units, so no leveling or growth.

19 minutes ago, Dewel said:
  Hide contents

Since both her unique classes boost magic Growth rate i realy think that she can use magic in her master class atleast

I still think it’s weird that we don’t have confirmation on this yet despite the amount of BE playthroughs leakers have been doing, as well as the datamining, lol. 

I’m impatiently excited (but understanding, of course).