Character Growth rates (and Data-mine Topic)

Azz

24 minutes ago, timon said:

And yeah, as expected Lysithea is probably the strongest mage in the game, full list of spells for both Reason and Faith, this girl as Gremory is going to destroy humanity. 

I'm very curious what Lysithea will unlock from her budding talent in Swords. If her Strength doesn't get in the way, training Mercenary for permanent Vantage could be devastatingly good, too, since it synergizes with her paper-thin defenses. Then you could make her your Dancer and watch her go absolutely nuclear on Enemy Phase since she can use Reason magic again while refreshing or using Faith magic on Player Phase. It might not be optimal, but it sounds absolutely silly in terms of utility.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Cor Leonis said:

I'm very curious what Lysithea will unlock from her budding talent in Swords. If her Strength doesn't get in the way, training Mercenary for permanent Vantage could be devastatingly good, too, since it synergizes with her paper-thin defenses. Then you could make her your Dancer and watch her go absolutely nuclear on Enemy Phase since she can use Reason magic again while refreshing or using Faith magic on Player Phase. It might not be optimal, but it sounds absolutely silly in terms of utility.

tbh I have a feeling Dancer will fall off in the long run, I don't think it's meant to keep up with the Master or even the Advanced classes in terms of growths. That's why I'm making Dorothea my Dancer, seen as (sadly) she looks a bit trash anyways ngl.

Edited by timon

2 minutes ago, Tharne said:

Looking at the crests...why in the hell does Marianne have a crest that proc Mt when using a weapon. :KnollRoll:

Marianne has a strength in swords and levin swords exist.

Crest spoilers:

Spoiler

Her hero relic is also a magic based weapon too so her strength growth means nothing

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Marianne has a strength in swords and levin swords exist.

Crest spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Her hero relic is also a magic based weapon too so her strength growth means nothing

I always forget about Magic weapons...Am big dumb.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

About Edelgard's unique classes.

Hide contents

They don't use magic AFAIK.

Oh nooo! Our worst fears realized.

How did you happen on this info? (Also, any pics like for the class reel yet?) 

1 hour ago, Tharne said:

WoW, cool. Now I need to know what some of those do. x)

Also Edelgard switching to the Dark side seems ominous.

The FE general on 4chan (vg/feg) has a pastebin with some datamining including spell descriptions (and a bunch more stuff). Not sure where the source comes from though.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Might be worth it to make her Gemori/Dark Knight regardless if the return of Luna ignoring Res makes the Endgame Luna Emblem 7 2: Electric Boogaloo . Or you just recruit Lys, or use both...

1 minute ago, Perc4LYF said:

Oh nooo! Our worst fears realized.

How did you happen on this info? (Also, any pics like for the class reel yet?) 

In the text dump, her class descriptions do not have the prompt that she can use magic like all other magic using classes

9 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well people out there talking about gay S supports being bait, but goddam this is the actual biggest bait of the game. That Dark Magic is SO juicy...

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

In the text dump, her class descriptions do not have the prompt that she can use magic like all other magic using classes

Darn. If that’s the case, it seems that making her an axe-wielding Gremory is also a viable option. 

15 minutes ago, MegaGax said:

Is it Heartseeker or Hex? I thought Hex was the localization o.o. Referring to Class Abilities & Arts.

It's Heartseeker. It was Hex in Awakening, but I forgot they renamed it Heartseeker in Fates.

Hex and Heartseeker are the same skill BTW. Just different name in English Awakening and English Fates.

Well, looking at the character spell lists, I now see why Dark bishop still has Miasma Delta as a class skill instead of just doubling uses of dark magic. Because there is one playable character in the entire game that both learns any dark magic naturally and can actually use the class (Hubert).

The choices on this class confuse me greatly when there's only three characters who learn dark magic at all and two of them are girls (Edelgard and Lythisea).

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's Heartseeker. It was Hex in Awakening, but I forgot they renamed it Heartseeker in Fates.

Hex and Heartseeker are the same skill BTW. Just different name in English Awakening and English Fates.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was getting confused looking back and forth between the abilities page, and the classes page.

I noticed that the nbr of spells learned per characters is consistent with their respective skill strength/weakness for the most part, which is great news! In Echoes: SoV, guessing which characters were a good fit for magic-based classes was annoying.

There are some oddities, though, especially for faith spells (Edelgard & claude learn 4 faith spells despite their weakness at it)

14 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

I noticed that the nbr of spells learned per characters is consistent with their respective skill strength/weakness for the most part, which is great news! In Echoes: SoV, guessing which characters were a good fit for magic-based classes was annoying.

There are some oddities, though, especially for faith spells (Edelgard & claude learn 4 faith spells despite their weakness at it)

May I add a sincere good luck to all the lads and lasses who thought Felix was going to be the perfect Mortal Savant with that hidden talent.

Yeah, lol.

23 minutes ago, timon said:

May I add a sincere good luck to all the lads and lasses who thought Felix was going to be the perfect Mortal Savant with that hidden talent.

Yeah, lol.

Well it's official then- Felix will be my dancer

I'm hoping the budding talents may change things around. Hubert gets Frozen Lance, which is pretty nifty. But can't find any clues at the moment...

But I did find the skill level data.

So the skill level page has been updated.

You can switch between the proficiency view and the initial value view. If there are any errors, please let me know. It's possible I typo'd or put something in the wrong place. Hopefully not though!

There's skill level data for Jeralt and Rhea, but I honestly dunno if they are playable. I guess it could be used for faculty training?

19 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I'm hoping the budding talents may change things around. Hubert gets Frozen Lance, which is pretty nifty. But can't find any clues at the moment...

But I did find the skill level data.

So the skill level page has been updated.

You can switch between the proficiency view and the initial value view. If there are any errors, please let me know. It's possible I typo'd or put something in the wrong place. Hopefully not though!

Reveal hidden contents

There's skill level data for Jeralt and Rhea, but I honestly dunno if they are playable. I guess it could be used for faculty training?

What the hell I was sure Marianne had a Lance hidden talent and Sylvain had one in Reason? How many more dreams must get shattered?

Edited by timon

10 minutes ago, timon said:

What the hell I was sure Marianne had a Lance hidden talent? How many more dreams must get shattered?

I'm 90% sure she does too. I recall seeing it in a video though I can't recall where.

Cyril has a lot of strengths, hopefully he has aptitude so he is actually usable

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

@timon

Yeah, not all budding talents are listed. I can't find that data in the game yet.

yup sorry, I thought you just didn't find the specific skills the talents give. Amazing work on this data mining btw, thanks for that.

Why is the

Spoiler

Axe of Zoltan

the only weapon of the craftsman with effect?

Also, I have seen the data dump that some focus titles have somewhat personal names

Spoiler

for example "Just like Jeralt" focus of Lance and Riding sounds like from Leonie

Edited by Jayvee94