Character Growth rates (and Data-mine Topic)

Azz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Perc4LYF said:

That’s awesome! Thank you so much.

Any word on what the Combined Seal does specifically and what combined classes are? 

I wanna know too I saw the text listed as follows:

• Beginner
  • Intermediate
  • Advanced
  • Master
  • Composite Jobs
  • Unique

Lysithea's Mortal Savant set seems even better now with that in her arsenal.

And if Bernadetta (and Claude with Alliance Bloodline+) are the only characters with pass makes them real important.

31 minutes ago, Rakath said:

Lysithea's Mortal Savant set seems even better now with that in her arsenal.

And if Bernadetta (and Claude with Alliance Bloodline+) are the only characters with pass makes them real important.

Why don't you just make her a Gremory and give her a sword for max magic potential since weapons aren't restricted?

Also yay for Budding Talents being confirmed! But also finally spell info I can plan who gets what now.

Edited by Kiran_

21 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, I don't think I bumped into any composite classes in the data.

Added up to Reason and Faith magic:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/weapons-and-items/black-dark-magic/

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/weapons-and-items/white-magic/

Is the nbr of use showned what you get upon learning the spell, or does it automatically scale with your level? (leveling up apparently increase the nbr of use)

Also, are you sure Agnea’s Arrow doesn't have an extra effect? Seems odd that it's overall inferior to Ragnarok despite being higher rank.

Edited by Modirufa6317

5 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Why don't you just make her a Gremory and give her a sword for max magic potential since weapons aren't restricted?

Also yay for Budding Talents being confirmed! But also finally spell info I can plan who gets what now.

Swordfaire and Tomefaire aren't on Gremory, which I think will be significant to a glass cannon like Lysithea. If the requisite Use Up+ skills can be equipped, Gremory isn't as valuable of a class. As I'm not planning on Lysithea being my main healer I want her for damage dealing.

7 minutes ago, Rakath said:

Swordfaire and Tomefaire aren't on Gremory, which I think will be significant to a glass cannon like Lysithea. If the requisite Use Up+ skills can be equipped, Gremory isn't as valuable of a class. As I'm not planning on Lysithea being my main healer I want her for damage dealing.

The Magicfaire from Mortal Savant is useless on Lysithea, because it's Black Magicfaire, Lysithea uses Dark Magic. She also gets some very powerful white offensive spells. I think she's built for Gremory, but then again any class that can wield magic will probably work, she's just a nuke, you could even put her on a horse and make a Dark Knight (which actualy gives Dark Magicfaire IIRC).

Edited by timon

What does swordfaire/tomefaire do? i mean i know it gives +5 atk but is that dmg or hit chance? cuz if its only dmg i think the double uses of spells gremory gets might more than make up for it (maybe im a fb noob so i dont know jack)

Edited by Dewel

7 minutes ago, timon said:

The Magicfaire from Mortal Savant is useless on Lysithea, because it's Black Magicfaire, Lysithea uses Dark Magic. She also gets some very powerful white offensive spells. I think she's built for Gremory, but then again any class that can wield magic will probably work, she's just a nuke, you could even put her on a horse and make a Dark Knight (which actualy gives Dark Magicfaire IIRC).

Probably the better choice, provided getting her the horse is feasible. I forgot to check which Faire she got (why are there three? Who did this? What did mages do to you!?).

5 minutes ago, Dewel said:

What does swordfaire/tomefaire do? i mean i know it gives +5 atk but is that dmg or hit chance? cuz if its only dmg i think the double uses of spells gremory gets might more than make up for it (maybe im a fb noob so i dont know jack)

Just a straight up 5 extra damage from the weapon in question.

24 minutes ago, Rakath said:

This could be moot if the magic base stat for Gremory is 5 or more higher than Mortal Savant, Dark Knight or Holy Knight (The master classes with the different tomefaires).  The way I see it "-faire" skills are designed to encourage specialization, eg Mortal Savant is disadvantaged using dark or white magic, and should stick to black magic.  However, Gremory is a magic generalist and I wouldn't be surprised if she had the highest magic base of any class.  Not to mention having the uses of every spell doubled would let, say Lysithea, use Hades Ω and Abraxas (2 base uses each) more liberally, which would also increase her effective damage output.

Do we know yet if each character has a unique learnset for each Skill, or whether it's just magic spells which are unique per character?

Like, I had assumed the Prowess abilities all grew the same for everyone, but I can't recall ever seeing it spelled out whether all the Ability and Combat Art gains are exactly the same or different per character. 

Edited by NeoAmon

45 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Is the nbr of use showned what you get upon learning the spell, or does it automatically scale with your level? (leveling up apparently increase the nbr of use)

Also, are you sure Agnea’s Arrow doesn't have an extra effect? Seems odd that it's overall inferior to Ragnarok despite being higher rank.

Hmm, that is pretty weird. I don't see anything in the data and the description is pretty generic.

Just now, NeoAmon said:

Do we know yet if each character has a unique learnset for each Skill, or whether it's just magic spells which are unique per character?

Like, I had assumed the Prowess abilities all grew the same for everyone, but I can't recall ever seeing it spelled out whether all the Ability and Combat Art gains are exactly the same or different per character. 

It's a bit hard to tell at the moment. It is one of the things I want to look into, but I haven't gotten any ideas how to approach it just yet.

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's a bit hard to tell at the moment. It is one of the things I want to look into, but I haven't gotten any ideas how to approach it just yet.

Ah, I see. If anything, I would have figured one of the leakers / early players would be able to confirm that or not by now. 

By the way, a little off topic but I've been a lurker at this site for over ten years, and this is the first time I've closely followed a build up to release of a Fire Emblem. Just want to say that your coverage of every detail to come out over the last few months was absolutely beast mode! It definitely made the wait a lot of fun, for me at least. Really appreciate the effort you put in. 

57 minutes ago, NeoAmon said:

Ah, I see. If anything, I would have figured one of the leakers / early players would be able to confirm that or not by now. 

By the way, a little off topic but I've been a lurker at this site for over ten years, and this is the first time I've closely followed a build up to release of a Fire Emblem. Just want to say that your coverage of every detail to come out over the last few months was absolutely beast mode! It definitely made the wait a lot of fun, for me at least. Really appreciate the effort you put in. 

Same!

Are the Bow Knight growth rates correct? As they stand they are worse than the modifiers of a Beginner's class and way out of line with all the other cavalry modifiers.

Edited by Lusankya

2 hours ago, Kanethedragon said:

Tfw Edelgard shares you’re bday. Nice but also weird. Especially considering iirc other FE charts are close, but not the same date. On that point growths seem pretty nice overall.

She shares my birthday too. XD

5 hours ago, Rakath said:

Swordfaire is useful, but I don't think very valuable with how little she'll use the sword (and someone else already mentioned the Tomefaire issue). But considering how low the magic uses (of more powerful spells) I think the x2 Usage might outweigh the +5 damage on a sword she'd only use sometimes. And her Lance is a weakness, meaning it would be tougher (but not impossible) to get her to Dark Knight.

2 hours ago, Lusankya said:

Are the Bow Knight growth rates correct? As they stand they are worse than the modifiers of a Beginner's class and way out of line with all the other cavalry modifiers.

If in doubt, you can try checking this Reddit post.

I tried to be careful, but you never know.

54 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

She shares my birthday too. XD

Swordfaire is useful, but I don't think very valuable with how little she'll use the sword (and someone else already mentioned the Tomefaire issue). But considering how low the magic uses (of more powerful spells) I think the x2 Usage might outweigh the +5 damage on a sword she'd only use sometimes. And her Lance is a weakness, meaning it would be tougher (but not impossible) to get her to Dark Knight.

There are a few variables up in the air, I was wrong about Savant being the right call. However I think of the mage classes the mounted mages still beat Gremory if you can equip Magic Uses+ into one of the 5 open slots. Mostly because Canto is busted, but also it makes Lysithea the most practical anti-armor/anti-mage in the game. (Having a viable physical attack to take out high Res Mages, and a viable magic attack set for other mages/Pegasus units).

She just will need protecting on the enemy phase but... that was always the case.