Character Growth rates (and Data-mine Topic)

Azz

On 10/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, VincentASM said:

I've updated the greenhouse page with information from the guidebook.

There are formulae to calculate the yield for any number and/or type of seed, as well as the chance of obtaining stat-boosters.

Just in case, does anyone here know how to write Javascript code (or any online-friendly code) and would be interested in volunteering to create a gardening calculator?

I have a passing familiarity with JavaScript, enough to write a simple gardening calculator. I'm already writing a gardening brute-force Ruby script to figure out what every possible combination of seeds and cultivation results in, so translation of that should be pretty straightforward.

Edited by Rea

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@VincentASM

When you get around to adding the data for the new patch on the website, I just want to point out that the playable Death Knight class has a +4 Strength modifier instead of the +3 modifier that is listed on the website currently. All the other modifiers should be the same as what is currently listed on the website.

On 11/10/2019 at 4:23 AM, Silly said:

@VincentASM

When you get around to adding the data for the new patch on the website, I just want to point out that the playable Death Knight class has a +4 Strength modifier instead of the +3 modifier that is listed on the website currently. All the other modifiers should be the same as what is currently listed on the website.

Thanks! I might have forgotten to check otherwise ^^;

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sitfull said:

Do any of you guys use Flayn? I want to fit her into my maddening run but I don't see any potential in her besides maybe being a dancer. Maybe a holy knight but Idk if I'll have time to get her riding skill high enough.

If you intend to get the DLC, she'd make a wonderful dark flier I'm guessing. Barring that she'd make a great bishop as backup, more healers are great. Honestly though, I usualy bench her in favor of Mercedes, Annette, and Lysithea. I intend to do a playthrough soon where I use her though, to see how I think she does after getting some growth behind her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, Nate123 said:

Female Commoner may be byleth's mom?

It's possible she was going to have a presence in Cindered Shadows at some point (maybe as one of the phantoms the Umbral Beast spawns?)

Another thing I forgot to report about; the chances of the paid DLC content being sold separately in the future are looking pretty low unfortunately:

• 4 months later...

Bumping because it has been discovered and documented days ago that Three Houses has 2 unused maps in its data.

I stumbled across them by happenstance through fedatamine.com, which revealed they were meant to be (if their title is any indication) another Chapter 17 that happens in Gronder Field and a Chapter 18 located in Fort Merceus, both which are unrelated to Azure Moon/Verdant Wind's Gronder 2 and Silver Snow/Verdant Wind's Fort Merceus.

Just to make sure I wasn't mixing things up, I also asked DeathChaos about it and here's what he said:

• 1 year later...

As everyone already knows, for students and Byleth, every level has a floor of 2 stats gaining a point. My question is, what is the mechanism for choosing the stats that do go up should the initial rolls end with only 0 or 1 stat boosts.

Say you actually got 0 stats on the initial level up roll. Now what? Is there a re-roll where the two highest rolls get the points? Is it just taking the original roll’s numbers and giving it to the two highest from that one? Is it giving you the two stats that you came closest to clearing on the initial rolls? Or is it just a random two stats that are chosen?

• 5 months later...
On 1/1/2022 at 8:22 AM, asm335 said:

As everyone already knows, for students and Byleth, every level has a floor of 2 stats gaining a point. My question is, what is the mechanism for choosing the stats that do go up should the initial rolls end with only 0 or 1 stat boosts.

Say you actually got 0 stats on the initial level up roll. Now what? Is there a re-roll where the two highest rolls get the points? Is it just taking the original roll’s numbers and giving it to the two highest from that one? Is it giving you the two stats that you came closest to clearing on the initial rolls? Or is it just a random two stats that are chosen?

I don't think we know for sure, but I'm very curious if anyone has collected data.

One theory I've seen floated is that the entire level is rerolled, but this is almost surely false. It would result in much higher effective growths for low-growth-total characters (e.g. Lysithea, Constance) than I've personally observed.

In Radiant Dawn the stats were ordered from highest growth to lowest and the game would cycle through those until enough stats had gone up (minimum 1 for normal levels, minimum 3 for bonus exp). It's possible that's what's happening here. But it's also possible the game cycles through in a different order (such as HP-Str-Mag-etc.) Your proposed theories are also possible.

edit: whoops, just noticed this was from January. Oh well.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 12:40 AM, Dark Holy Elf said:

I don't think we know for sure, but I'm very curious if anyone has collected data.

One theory I've seen floated is that the entire level is rerolled, but this is almost surely false. It would result in much higher effective growths for low-growth-total characters (e.g. Lysithea, Constance) than I've personally observed.

In Radiant Dawn the stats were ordered from highest growth to lowest and the game would cycle through those until enough stats had gone up (minimum 1 for normal levels, minimum 3 for bonus exp). It's possible that's what's happening here. But it's also possible the game cycles through in a different order (such as HP-Str-Mag-etc.) Your proposed theories are also possible.

edit: whoops, just noticed this was from January. Oh well.

Hey, I am still interested in this answer even though I asked it in January because I still haven’t found it unfortunately.

On 7/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, asm335 said:

Hey, I am still interested in this answer even though I asked it in January because I still haven’t found it unfortunately.

The "re-roll" stats, at least what empirical data supports, seems to be the highest rolled stats. Level ups don't appeared to be re-roll, so might actually pick the stats based on the closest to proc.

So on a blank level up, it would pick the closest two stats that would have rolled. On a one stat level up, you would get that one stat (suggesting no re-rolling the levels), and the highest rolled stat. 

This way of performing the blank/one stat level up matches pretty well statistically with what I have observed with Constance.

Edited by triabolical

If I have some spare time, I can try to run some tests.

Maybe hack an applicable character's growths so they're all 0% or something? Or maybe something small like 5%?

I never got round to running a modified version of Three Houses, but hopefully it's not too hard...

• 3 weeks later...

I can now 100% confirm that the stats are picked by minimum difference. No rerolling of stats is used, just picks the stats that are closest to level up. 

I used an adjutant level up, which the RNs are fixed for a map, and continuously change the growth rates to get the RNs and play around with the growths to see what stat would appear on the level up. 

Weird things happens with ties. If all of them are tied, you get Str + Mag, skipping HP. Other than that, it goes by order.