So far, what route would you call canon? (OBVIOUS SUPREME SPOILERS)

Eryon

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, if there are any sequels to the game, I'd like them to potentially pull a Drakengard, say all routes are canon, and have different sequels follow up different endings. Someone in this thread suggested a spin off game focusing on Claude trying unify his homeland, that could be very fun and would let us see a completely different continent in the world. In some endings those who slither in the dark are destroyed, but in some they survive, so there could potentially be a sequel game focusing on defeating them as well. And so forth.

Well, I think this is something worth consideration when it come to this topic so I will just drop it here

Spoiler

Church route is actualy default, if you fail meet certain conditions you will not be allowed join Eldegard on her own route.

That's what I heard at least.

55 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well, I think this is something worth consideration when it come to this topic so I will just drop it here

Reveal hidden contents

Church route is actualy default, if you fail meet certain conditions you will not be allowed join Eldegard on her own route.

That's what I heard at least.

This is true

Spoiler

I think you need to get a support with Edelgard first then on the month where she reveals herself as the flame emperor, you have to find her in monastery on one of those weeks prior to that chapter and accompany her to the capital where she gets crowned as emperor. Then you have the choice to side with her or against her. 

3 hours ago, Azz said:

This is true

Reveal hidden contents

I think you need to get a support with Edelgard first then on the month where she reveals herself as the flame emperor, you have to find her in monastery on one of those weeks prior to that chapter and accompany her to the capital where she gets crowned as emperor. Then you have the choice to side with her or against her. 

May I ask what day and months these events fall on.

Canon doesn't exist. It will hurt no one. Hopefully, it will continue do to so.

Only fun is allowed. All path are equals. All path are grim.

Edited by B.Leu

They already emphasized several times, on both Western and Japanese media that they won't make "golden path".

And it simply doesn't work in this setting, since there is no general villain that is hostile to every faction.

2 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

They already emphasized several times, on both Western and Japanese media that they won't make "golden path".

And it simply doesn't work in this setting, since there is no general villain that is hostile to every faction.

Probsbly so but seem like all the stories leave on a cliff hanger ending. In my opinion is not good. Look at mind zero game left you on a cliff hanger never will get a 2nd game to explain the ending.

So if we average consequence of each route we would get

Spoiler

-Dimitri and Eldegard dies

-Rhea survive but give up on her position

-Claude go missing

I guess "canon route" should be along these lines. Maybe? 

Edited by Tenzen12

18 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

So if we average consequence of each route we would get

Hide contents

-Dimitri and Eldegard dies

-Rhea survive but give up on her position

-Claude go missing

I guess "canon route" should be along these lines. Maybe? 

sounds very close to

Spoiler

Church  Route.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, Mikethemaster2018 said:

Probsbly so but seem like all the stories leave on a cliff hanger ending. In my opinion is not good. Look at mind zero game left you on a cliff hanger never will get a 2nd game to explain the ending.

I don't understand what you mean by cliff hanger endings here, most endings are quite definitive. Maybe except Empire ending still talks about Those Sithes in the Darkness.

For example, Rhea route:

Spoiler

Byleth became the high king of the United Kingdom of Fodlan with power of the Progenitor God, co-ruling with their wife Rhea. They rule the new nation with true peace and progression. Essentially Byleth became the goddess reborn as Rhea envisioned.

Edited by Timlugia

8 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I don't understand what you mean by cliff hanger endings here, most endings are quite definitive. Maybe except Empire ending still talks about Those Sithes in the Darkness.

For example, Rhea route:

Reveal hidden contents

Byleth became the high king of the United Kingdom of Fodlan with power of the Progenitor God, co-ruling with their wife Rhea. They rule the new nation with true peace and progression. Essentially Byleth became the goddess reborn as Rhea envisioned.

might be a plan for a dlc for the black eagles eldgard route. happy to hea all the ending are compleste mostly anyways.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:43 PM, Mikethemaster2018 said:

May I ask what day and months these events fall on.

Spoiler

The pre-timeskip February/second month of the year. You need to accompany her to the capital sometime during the month and then side with her during that month’s mission (after getting a C+ support).

Also, although the church ending might be the “default route,” I think the Edelgard path is more or less the “canon” route for the BE path. The church path seems more like the hidden/spinoff ending in that you basically say no to all three lords.

None of them are canon. Although the Black Eagles routes seem meatier writing-wise, all three have their own merits. And none of them are golden, so why make one canon?

3 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:
  Hide contents

The pre-timeskip February/second month of the year. You need to accompany her to the capital sometime during the month and then side with her during that month’s mission (after getting a C+ support).

Also, although the church ending might be the “default route,” I think the Edelgard path is more or less the “canon” route for the BE path. The church path seems more like the hidden/spinoff ending in that you basically say no to all three lords.

It's not hidden if it's default and you always get choice to go there. 

I honestly would say the fourth path is the canon path, for one they push Edelgard as the main lord. Two for me personally it seems to fit the best and is the most interesting plot wise for a potential sequel (DLC or video game). Though it could be the default Black Eagles path. But I personally doubt they will ever say if one or the other is canon.

Reckon that if a sequel happens they'll just pull the "2000 years" thing again and pit a handwaved united Fodlan against some external realm.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Reckon that if a sequel happens they'll just pull the "2000 years" thing again and pit a handwaved united Fodlan against some external realm.

Since save files are saved to the system a sequel could have multiple routes just like 3H itself and could use your save file from 3H to determine which route you'd follow in the sequel with you choosing which save to use if you have multiple 3H saves. This would allow them to do a sequel without having to commit to any particular route. For those without a 3H playthrough a sequel could give a brief overview of all four routes at the start and let you pick which one you want to follow.

1 minute ago, Maimishou said:

Since save files are saved to the system a sequel could have multiple routes just like 3H itself and could use your save file from 3H to determine which route you'd follow in the sequel with you choosing which save to use if you have multiple 3H saves. This would allow them to do a sequel without having to commit to any particular route. For those without a 3H playthrough a sequel could give a brief overview of all four routes at the start and let you pick which one you want to follow.

Without handwaving away most of the differences it'd be a very inefficient allocation of resources, especially if the new game has about the same amount of branching as 3H does. The number of distinct scenarios they'd have to script would rise exponentially.

Using the saves for just some light background changes would be fine though, like flavour text when NPCs talk about the past or whatnot, but I would expect it to have no actual impact.

If they're continuing the story of this setting with the same characters I'd expect an expansion more than I'd expect a whole game - a smaller story placed on a different continent would mean that most of the differences can be isolated to text where (while certainly not trivial) it's far easier to make appropriate adjustments for which route you took.

Looking around at the other routes and thinking on it, while it’s not *canon* per se, it seems to me like the Blue Lions route is the one that is most designed for a first playthrough of the game, particularly in the pre-skip story. Most of the bosses/targets are related to your characters (like Ashe/Lonato and Miklan/Sylvain) giving you a personal investment in the story. And, most importantly, the BIG reveal at the end of the first part is played up the most and portrayed as the most shocking in that route, with Dimitri going full out crazy upon learning the truth.

1 hour ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Looking around at the other routes and thinking on it, while it’s not *canon* per se, it seems to me like the Blue Lions route is the one that is most designed for a first playthrough of the game, particularly in the pre-skip story. Most of the bosses/targets are related to your characters (like Ashe/Lonato and Miklan/Sylvain) giving you a personal investment in the story. And, most importantly, the BIG reveal at the end of the first part is played up the most and portrayed as the most shocking in that route, with Dimitri going full out crazy upon learning the truth.

Actually I think Black Eagles is the default route because it's the one that's selected when you start a new game. There's a reason 43% of players went BE while the other two routes are split in the 20%'s.