WITHOUT SPOILERS! How Hard Is Hard Mode!

Without spoilers, can someone, who has info on the game give any insight into how difficult hard mode is. Whether it is increased enemy stats, more skills, less grinding... it would be great to know. And also if anyone can give comparisons to how hard Three Houses Hard mode is to other difficult modes in FE games?

I don’t have first hand knowledge, for hoping to not run into spoilers, but from comments normal and hard are both relatively easy it has sounded like. I think the stat boosts are slight. Biggest change is a lot less grinding, normal/easy get one free battle per weekend while hard gets none, you have to use an action point to participate in one. So your chars will naturally be less skilled/leveled without those freebies.  

I would also like to know. I usually play Fire Emblem on Normal, but I've played so many in the series and Echoes was quite easy on Normal. I beat Radiant Dawn on Normal which is essentially Hard. I just want to figure what's best for me. Or even if I should go from Normal -> Hard for NG+.

So I choose to play on normal to have the free grinding maps (i got the game early), but for now it seemed pretty useless ? If you just go to the free battle selection you can't do anything else (no exploration, no talking to students, etc). It's only that you can do the map as many times as you want instead of once. But it's impossible to go back to exploring after the free battle.

I found the game quite hard at first ? Your units start out a little underleveled and outnumbered, but after juuust a little bit of grinding they kinda feel overpowered now...

22 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

So I choose to play on normal to have the free grinding maps (i got the game early), but for now it seemed pretty useless ? If you just go to the free battle selection you can't do anything else (no exploration, no talking to students, etc). It's only that you can do the map as many times as you want instead of once. But it's impossible to go back to exploring after the free battle.

I found the game quite hard at first ? Your units start out a little underleveled and outnumbered, but after juuust a little bit of grinding they kinda feel overpowered now...

Is there a choice between casual or classic mode in addition to Normal or Hard?

1 hour ago, twistedxgrace said:

How are reinforcements? Are there ambush spawns? If so, do the ambush spawns vary by difficulty like in Awakening (where normal mode didn’t have them but hard and above did)?

There are reinforcements, but so far no ambush. They generally spawn at end of player phase, but do not move/attack till next enemy phase.