Anyone else gotten spoiled? (before launch)

I only on-accident spoiled myself for one of the route endings. I was clicking spoiler tags on reddit without paying much attention to the messages before them, because I forgot the game's cutscenes had just been ripped so of course people were discussing the endings.

I blame spoiler blocks for feeling too natural to click. Reading a thread becomes like a clicker game and then I fall into the rhythm of it I guess.

I was spoiled on an incredibly small thing that I can't help but think will definitely cancel some surprise at some point.

If you're curious

Spoiler

Apparently Jeralt has the crest of Seiros, fuck me I was looking around for class stuff and that popped up, literally three words in a table and I feel like some big twist will be incredibly undrwhelming for me.

More or less yes and on purpose since I like to lots of things before starting a playthrough, especially games like FE. 

At least when it comes to story most of them I got spoiled are out of context. Or in case of Flame Emperor I'm not bothered since it tends to be super obvious long before the reveal.

I only actively look into classes in order to plan my units and recruiting requirements. I was accidentally spoiled with some minor stuff, nothing major yet. I hope to keep it that way so I have to hold out much longer. Only 26 hours for me (I count up to the opening hours of the mall since only then they announced the new games available through their FB page.)

I'm hoping I could get to play it during lunch break if a friend will be able to bring it to me by then. 😂 

25 minutes ago, Onestep said:

It would be more fair to say that I threw myself willingly into a vat of spoilers and gorged.

Me, but to a lesser degree. I haven't seen any videos. Just text dumps and stuff.

I got spoiled on a few things at first but then I ended up just spoiling myself lol. I feel like I have left enough content in the dark for myself that I will still get plenty of enjoyment out of the game so I'm not to worried about the fact I was spoiled and know a lot about the story.

I looked into the classes, unit growths, Byleth cgs, timeskip portraits and a specific story element related to Rhea. Those I purposely looked into and thankfully nothing else has been spoiled by accident.

Rhea spoiler for those curious. 

Spoiler

Byleth is both her parent and grandchild.... This is like ultimate incest love story lmao.

Nothing yet that relates to what happens after the timeskip storywise (and nothing pre-skip that we haven't gotten from trailers and famitsu). Did spoil myself on what the Black Eagles look like after the timeskip, though, and looked at a couple of the S-Support pictures (also glanced at growths for characters and classes, but I doubt I'll be utilizing that info for quite a while). I've also listened to the full version of The Edge of Dawn about a bazillion times at this point.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself for having resisted diving into the spoilers! Although I'm still terribly conflicted on the order I want to play the different houses

14 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I looked into the classes, unit growths, Byleth cgs, timeskip portraits and a specific story element related to Rhea. Those I purposely looked into and thankfully nothing else has been spoiled by accident.

Rhea spoiler for those curious. 

Reveal hidden contents

Byleth is both her parent and grandchild.... This is like ultimate incest love story lmao.

Except not really.  

Spoiler

Byleth's mom is artificially created. So you're not actually related to Rhea. It's still weird, but not incest.

A little spoiled I suppose. I've avoided (hopefully) majorrrrr twists, but I saw a few spoilers from character portraits. A few random things I don't understand yet. And a few confirmations of things I assumed already. But overall mostly unspoiled. I knew waiting for time-skip portraits/classes/growth rates meant I wouldn't be able to completely avoid spoilers, so I'm actually surprised I avoided so many. 

Spoiler

Dimitri's eye. A creepy looking monster Edelgard. Sothis apparently being you, but I assumed that based on her line about hurting "our" body or something. Knowing some major people die on the routes depending on your choices, but that's less surprising/spoiled because I assumed.

Also impressed at my willpower to not look further into some things about Rhea, because I keep seeing her name pop-up, but I haven't clicked on any of the spoilers around her.

Despite doing my best to avoid spoilers, one of the recent changes on the wiki added a category revealing a big spoiler.

Spoiler

Someone added the female category to the Flame Emperor, immediately spoiling the identity of the character for anyone looking at the recent changes that day.

Another reason I think the male/female categories are 100% pointless.

20190724_190019.png

Having become a moderator I've had to do my duty and expose myself to protect the innocent masses from spoilers. I've edited posts to hide spoilers.

I'm sorry to those who've been exposed to spoilers, I've done what I could do.

Edited by Captain Karnage

16 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Except not really.  

Reveal hidden contents

Byleth's mom is artificially created. So you're not actually related to Rhea. It's still weird, but not incest.

Spoiler

So that explains the grandchild part but what about being Rhea's parent??

34 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Except not really.  

Hide contents

Spoiler

Created as a clone of Sothis, which is Rhea's mother, so it still counts somewhat. Then your dad also has Rhea's blood running in him, so....

13 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Reveal hidden contents

So that explains the grandchild part but what about being Rhea's parent??

Spoiler

Byleth is not Sothis. He's like a vessel for her. Sorta like Robin was for Grima. Except Sothis ain't evil.

1 minute ago, PrincessAlyson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Byleth is not Sothis. He's like a vessel for her. Sorta like Robin was for Grima. Except Sothis ain't evil.

Oooh that makes more sense now. The reddit discord didn't clarify this at all

3 minutes ago, Timlugia said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Created as a clone of Sothis, which is Rhea's mother, so it still counts somewhat. Then your dad also has Rhea's blood running in him, so....

Spoiler

For the blood thing... Donating blood to someone (Jeralt) does not make them instantly related to you. That's not how biology works.

Just now, ChickenBits said:

Oooh that makes more sense now. The reddit discord didn't clarify this at all

Yeah, I had to do some digging to clarify it for myself lol.

For the most part, the only stuff I've been spoiled on is the G A Y in this game, and that's just because I care too much about that stuff to not spoil myself.

There've been bits and pieces I may have gotten spoiled on, but they were either stuff I forgotten, minor tidbits that had little bearing on the plot, or else were such broad strokes/opinionated stuff (e.g. "maps are easy", "x character is actually bad/badass/[insert adjective]", "plot is good/bad/morally ambiguous") that it's effectively like if someone told me water is wet.

Or it was gameplay stuff, like classes and character stats, which honestly aren't too big a deal for me.  I care more about story spoilers than gameplay spoilers, I like knowing what I'm getting myself into tomorrow night.

Though I have gotten close to accidentally spoiling myself.  I have to constantly remind myself to not dig into landmines.

28 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:
  Hide contents

For the blood thing... Donating blood to someone (Jeralt) does not make them instantly related to you. That's not how biology works.

Not in real world biology, sure.

But in FE world, when you were transfused with Dragon Blood, it became part of you and passed down on your family line.

This was how exactly Blood of Naga works in Awakening or Holy Blood in Genealogy.

Naga gave her blood to human heroes, and they passed it down to their children

Exalts were even called sons and daughters of Naga because of it.

So Jeralt

Spoiler

carries Rhea's blood. Besides, he has Creat of Seiros because this same reason.

Edited by Timlugia