Anyone else gotten spoiled? (before launch)

spoiled it, spoiled it, spoiled it, spoiled it.

we have gotten close to doing so.... on this very site, no less

/\

/ /   \ \

/ / /      \ \ \

/  /  / I          I \  \  \                                                      !

/ /    /  /  I     o  'I  \  \   \  \   

I           I

I  '        I                                                                           

I've been delving into spoiler territory, so supports, the premise of each route, endings, and so on I've had a basic understanding of. I didn't comprehensively read every little detail, but what I glanced over was satisfactory. I also tend to enjoy things by figuring out how everything connects instead of the "big reveals." Some of what I've learned has changed my initial plans, but overall I'm still mostly going to be playing the game before I learned all this info.

The main thing I have been unspoiled on is the music. I want my experience with the music to more deeply entrenched with the stuff that is going on in the moment instead of just listening to it out of context.

Yup, definitely did, but it was all my fault really. I was pretty active during the early datamine phases and went out of my way to spoil myself on gameplay details like epilogues, classes, skills, growths, crests, PTS portraits, and the like. There was no way I wasn't going to accidentally spoil myself on some story details.

Honestly though, it was nothing too bad? I stayed away from all major story beats like the plague, only really accidentally spoiling myself on backstories, some character deaths, and some secret identities. Most of it fell under stuff that I wasn't either too surprised by or outright expected, at least. Also its all pretty disjointed knowledge, so I have no idea how the pieces fall into place. The only two I'm slightly upset at myself over were

Spoiler

Edelgard being the Flame Emperor and Jeralt having the Crest of Seiros.

The former was slightly expected, but would've loved to react to blindly, and I suspected something was up with the latter, but I never expected that.

@TimlugiaYes, Dragon Blood does work like that. I've played Awakening (although in Emmeryn/Chrom/Lissa/Lucina's case, the blood relation to Naga is so distant, it only matters for holy weapon inheritance). But with all the other stuff going on, it's not a strict relation for Byleth. So honestly 

Spoiler

Rhea/Byleth isn't as squicky as Corrin/Azura (jeez, I hate that ship) or Arvis/Deirdre IMO. After reading their supports, Rhea apologizes to you for trying to use you as a vessel for Sothis. I think that's pretty interesting that she owns up to it. I still find the ship weird, but not on incest level nasty.

Edited by PrincessAlyson

I've been practically hunting spoilers from the beginning, as well as trying to make sure other people who want spoilers can find them. That said, I also don't want anyone who doesn't want to get spoiled to get spoiled! 

When I played Dishonored (2), I just shanked the first enemy I met, so that I wouldn't have to be careful about accidentally shanking guys later on and ruining a potential non-lethal run.

It's the same way with spoilers. Just get it out of the way early so I won't have to be careful about avoiding spoilers later. It's very liberating.

Despite checking into this site and the sub-Reddit frequently over the past few weeks, I’ve somehow managed to dodge almost every spoiler. Barring some minor ones regarding class requirements and some post-skip designs. Really looking forward to a mostly-blind run starting whenever my seasons of war box gets shipped to me.

8 hours ago, Onestep said:

Gotten spoiled isn't quite right.

It would be more fair to say that I threw myself willingly into a vat of spoilers and gorged.

Same here. I don't own a Switch and barring some shocking life event won't be able to afford one for a long while, so I decided to just say screw it and decide to find out what the story is like now. I might watch some full playthroughs of the game too if I can find anything decent. The game has so much material I'll definitely enjoy it anyways if I'm able to play it later.

Only just text stuff like small glimspes of support convos, timeskip designs, the Byleth S-Support confession CGs and

Spoiler

Byleth's very interesting family ancestry out of curiosity.

and ripped OST files not new ones just the ones used from videos MAYBE a new cutscene or 2 otherwise I did pretty well!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Tbh I got spoiled by a friend so I just continued spoiling for myself. I feel like an idiot as my hype to the story slightly died. Ik a lot of the plot, but oh well, I love the gameplay so I will probably enjoy it nonetheless.