Got the game early. Confirming some mechanical stuff.

Cysx

@BastienSoul, maybe you're aware by now, but the reason Dedue disconfirmed the AS formula is because indeed, unlike every other weapon type, Iron -> Steel is only +2 Mt, +2 Wt for Gauntlets. Also I can confirm that the formula is indeed correct, although for some reason, the reduction from Strength seems to be rounded down rather than up, resulting in an universal 1 less AS for everyone(because of hard mode perhaps? Although that wouldn't make a difference for the most part, since it affects the enemy too). Also it's been a few days so maybe you know, but magic weight works off of strength just like weapons.

@LSM, you were pretty much right on the money with all of your theories. I won't get into details, but I just wanted to say, congrats:) Also the seminary formula seems to indeed have been correct the whole time, even the 20 exp floor.

About battalions in general:

- Exp gained with a battalion is kept when putting it on a different character

- Cha does affect Gambit damage in most cases, but there are weird cases

- Accuracy is mostly fixed as expected(not affected by Dex, enemy Avo, etc), however outside of supports, it's affected by your Cha and the enemy's, both ways. I'm not sure of the formula just yet.

Edit: GAMBIT:

Gambit Mt is : Base Gambit Mt + Str or Mag(depending on the nature of the attack) +(Cha/5) - the target's corresponding def stat.
    Boosts to attack from battalions or skills are included

Gambit Acc is: Base Gambit Accuracy + (Unit Cha - Target Cha)*5
    Boost to accuracy/evade from battalions ARE NOT included. Boosts from skills on the other hand, such as Ignatz's personal, are.

WAY TOO LATE EDIT: There is, however, a cap to how much Cha will affect gambit accuracy, at +30/-30. Meaning from Cha alone, you can only take a 50 accuracy gambit up to 80(with >=6 Cha over the enemy), or down to 20.

Other stuff:

STATS:

Str: For Physical attacks, as always. Also lower weapon weight by Str/5

Mag: Seems to be only for magical damage at this point. Healing seems to be about Mag/3, although this could vary from spell to spell.

Dex: Affects accuracy of weapons(Weapon Accuracy + (Dex*1)), Magic accuracy((Dex+Lck)/2), Crit(also (Dex+Lck/2). Potentially other things; seems a bit underwhelming at the moment due to very low multipliers.

Spd: Same old. Attack Speed is Speed - (Weapon or Magic Weight - Str/5). Avoid is AS x1.

Lck: Affects Magic accuracy as said above, Crit, and Crit Avo. Potentially other things.

Def: Same old.

Res: Same.

Cha: Affects gambit damage in most cases(is added as a flat damage value). Also affects gambit accuracy and gambit avoid, meaning the enemy's matters too. Formula is unclear at this point.
Edit: Cha is mostly for Gambit accuracy/avoid, with each point giving +5 in both; beware that this is also true for the enemies, hence why your hit rates won't be stellar immediately. It also gives +(Cha/5) damage to gambits.

WEAPONS:

Swords: Most precise, average weight, mt, and durability. Proficiency grants +5 Acc(+1 per level), +7 Avo(+3 per level), + 5 Crit Avo(+1 per level)

Lances: #2 most mt, average precision, high weight and lowest durability. Proficiency grants +6  Acc(+2/level), +6 Avo(+2/level), + 5 Crit Avo(+1/level)

Axes: Most mt, #2 best durability, higher weight and worst precision. Proficiency grants +7 Acc(+10/level), +5 Avo(+1/level), +5 Crit Avo(+1/level

Bows: #2 most mt and #2 highest precision, high weight and average durability. Proficiency grants +6 Acc(+2/level), +6 Avo(+2/level), +5 Crit Avo(+1/level)

Gauntlets: Lowest weight(by far) and highest durability, #2 highest precision,  lowest Mt(by far). +5 crit built in. Proficiency grant +5 Acc(+1/level), +7 Avo(+3/level), +5 Crit Avo(+1/level)

MAGIC:

Reason: Way varied especially since it includes dark magic, which seems heavier, less accurate, but stronger. Proficiency grants +7 Acc(+3/level), +5 Avo(+1/level), +5 Crit Avo(+1/level)

Faith: Difficult to gauge at this point, only have Nosferatu, which has low mt but better accuracy than in Echoes, at least. Proficiency grants +5 Acc(+3/level), +7 Avo(+3/level), +5 Crit Avo(+1/level)

CLASS CHANGING:

Classes in this game have both bases, like in Echoes, and modifiers, like in Awakening and Fates. I'll use an example to make this easy to understand.

The Monk class has a 8 Mag base, a 4 Res base, and a +1 Res modifier.
   If we take Raphael with say, 3 Mag and 2 Res, and make him a Monk, he will gain
     - A permanent +5 Mag and +2 Res
     - +1 Res as long as he is a Monk
        Thus his stats as a Monk will be 8 Mag 5 Res

If we take Lysithea however, with 12 Mag and 8 Res, she will gain
    - +1 Res as long as she is a Monk
        Thus her stats as a Monk will be 12 Mag and 9 Res.

What this means is that classes will bump you up if stats relevant to them are lagging behind, and also will modify them on top of it.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Wait, so magic have weight (despite being spells & not tomes),  and use strength to lower it? Sounds weird and potentially harmful for pure mage characters who typically lack in that stat.

True, but at the same time, it's lighter than weapons. The base fire spell weighs 3, compared to 5 for an iron sword. So a 20 str character with an iron sword would have the same AS as a 10 str mage with the fire spell, assuming they have the same speed of course.

Edited by Cysx

Is repairing worth it or is it just better buying new stuff? Also how is the gold situation, do we need to manage like an RTS or is it enough to comfortably keep your people (and batallions) well equipped?

Edited by timon

9 minutes ago, timon said:

Is repairing worth it or is it just better buying new stuff? Also how is the gold situation, do we need to manage like an RTS or is it enough to comfortably keep your people (and batallions) well equipped?

Repair costs about half the weapon cost. So it's not worth it to repair until you use up at least half the uses.

Most classes can use any weapon right? But classes also have proficiency in certain weapons like Myrmidons being good with Swords or Soldiers being good with Lances.

My question is, is there any sort of penalty for using a weapon in a class that's not proficient with them? For example having an Archer use Gauntlets or a Monk with Axes?

Another question, do classes modify the stats of a character like Awakening/Fates or is it like SoV where the stats carry over regardless of what class you change into? For example, will turning a brawler into a mage cause the character to lose strength or will their strength stay the same?

@Cysx Nice. Can you give us a shout when you manage to recruit someone? Recruitment mechanics are one of the biggest mysteries remaining. Also, what House did you choose, out of interest?

Edited by Onestep

23 minutes ago, timon said:

You can't repair early on, I'll tell you when I know. Money doesn't seem too tight at the moment, although the game gives you plenty to spend on immediately, so you have to show some restraint. Combat arts also just eat through your money early on when you can't double or ORKO(on hard anyway). Though I have a habit of keeping everyone at the same level, and I try not to overuse Byleth, so there's a chance I'm making things harder on myself.

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Most classes can use any weapon right? But classes also have proficiency in certain weapons like Myrmidons being good with Swords or Soldiers being good with Lances.

My question is, is there any sort of penalty for using a weapon in a class that's not proficient with them? For example having an Archer use Gauntlets or a Monk with Axes?

Another question, do classes modify the stats of a character like Awakening/Fates or is it like SoV where the stats carry over regardless of what class you change into? For example, will turning a brawler into a mage cause the character to lose strength or will their strength stay the same?

1 - Yes.

2 - Nope.

3- A bit tough to say for now, however from what we've speculated it's a bit of an in-between. Classes do modify stats, but not insanely so.

10 minutes ago, Onestep said:

@Cysx Nice. Can you give us a shout when you manage to recruit someone? Recruitment mechanics are one of the biggest mysteries remaining. Also, what House did you choose, out of interest?

Will do, although the information will probably be well known by then:)

Edited by Cysx

12 minutes ago, Cysx said:

You can't repair early on, I'll tell you when I know. Money doesn't seem too tight at the moment, although the game gives you plenty to spend on immediately, so you have to show some restraint. Combat arts also just eat through your money early on when you can't double or ORKO(on hard anyway). Though I have a habit of keeping everyone at the same level, and I try not to overuse Byleth, so there's a chance I'm making things harder on myself.

1 - Yes.

2 - Nope.

3- A bit tough to say for now, however from what we've speculated it's a bit of an in-between. Classes do modify stats, but not insanely so.

Will do, although the information will probably be well known by then:)

Hopefully anyway. Which House, by the way?

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

No problem! Male.

My brother from another mother. Male Byleth and Golden Deer are probably going to be my first playthrough as well.

Edited by Onestep

Thanks for doing all this. And yeah,  I saw the stats for some of the gauntlets, and guessed it would be the case for Magic. One small thing, but I always had the AD formula as rounding down. I'm not sure if I mistyped it somewhere or if you misread it, but it doesn't really matter.

We know of a few Abilities that use Dex and Luk for activation rates. Is the Magic Hit formula Dex + Luk/2, or (Dex+Luk)/2, and is the crit formula the same? Also, is Crit Avoid just equal to Luk? And one last question, do you know anything about Crest activation rates or whether the ones that increase might are just +5 mt?

Thanks for helping to confirm so many details on the mechanics! It's really helpful.

Are you able to confirm something about the out of battle activities? Specifically, the activity points.
From what I know there's separate activity points for weekly activities, and battles. The normal ones refresh each week, and the battle ones each month I think. What I want to know is if you're able to explore the monetarist and do activities on the same day you would go into battle, or if you can only do one per weekend.

14 minutes ago, Onestep said:

My brother from another mother. Male Byleth and Golden Deer are probably going to be my first playthrough as well.

Ah, nice:) I really like them thus far, especially gameplay-wise. Hilda's p.skill combined with 3 range from the bow weapon art is proving to be very nice thus far, since as said above, nobody ORKOs.

8 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Thanks for doing all this. And yeah,  I saw the stats for some of the gauntlets, and guessed it would be the case for Magic. One small thing, but I always had the AD formula as rounding down. I'm not sure if I mistyped it somewhere or if you misread it, but it doesn't really matter. 

Really. All right then, my bad, must have misremembered.

8 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

We know of a few Abilities that use Dex and Luk for activation rates. Is the Magic Hit formula Dex + Luk/2, or (Dex+Luk)/2, and is the crit formula the same? Also, is Crit Avoid just equal to Luk? And one last question, do you know anything about Crest activation rates or whether the ones that increase might are just +5 mt?

(Dex+Luck)/2, in both cases. Crit avoid I haven't confirmed just yet. Crest activation is difficult to say, thus far it has happened around 1/5 times when the appropriate attack takes place, although Lysithea's Gloucester only triggered once out of ~15 magic attacks. It dealt +5.

5 minutes ago, Tori Torrible said:

Thanks for helping to confirm so many details on the mechanics! It's really helpful.

Are you able to confirm something about the out of battle activities? Specifically, the activity points.
From what I know there's separate activity points for weekly activities, and battles. The normal ones refresh each week, and the battle ones each month I think. What I want to know is if you're able to explore the monetarist and do activities on the same day you would go into battle, or if you can only do one per weekend.

One per weekend, for now at least.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Tori Torrible said:

One per weekend, for now at least.

Edit: woops double post. Sorry.

Edited by Cysx

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

Really. All right then, my bad, must have misremembered.

(Dex+Luck)/2, in both cases. Crit avoid I haven't confirmed just yet. Crest activation is difficult to say, thus far it has happened around 1/5 times when the appropriate attack takes place, although Lysithea's Gloucester only triggered once out of ~15 magic attacks. It dealt +5.

Thank you.

I posted this in another topic, but I thought I’d be thorough:

If you get any information on Combined Seals or combined classes/composite jobs, definitely share please! 🙂

Edited by Perc4LYF

On the weekend can you do multiple of the activities? Like can you explore, hold a seminar and do paralogues or do you have to pick one of the 3?

11 minutes ago, Azz said:

On the weekend can you do multiple of the activities? Like can you explore, hold a seminar and do paralogues or do you have to pick one of the 3?

You have to pick, at least early on.

Edit: And I don't say "later on" because I've witnessed a change, only because I don't know yet.

Edited by Cysx

10 minutes ago, Azz said:

As much as I know you can only pick one the 3, then do as much as you can/want in one of the 3.You also have a 4th option to rest which refills students motivation and relics uses (I have the game too, going to help on this topic 🙂 )

2 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

As much as I know you can only pick one the 3, then do as much as you can/want in one of the 3.You also have a 4th option to rest which refills students motivation and relics uses (I have the game too, going to help on this topic 🙂 )

Gotta like France sometimes;)