Jump to content
Cysx

Got the game early. Confirming some mechanical stuff.

Recommended Posts

When it comes to creating Byleth, how much, if any, gameplay customisation is available at the start?

Like, can you alter his strengths/weaknesses or pick boons/banes? Or is it literally just picking a name and gender?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

When it comes to creating Byleth, how much, if any, gameplay customisation is available at the start?

Like, can you alter his strengths/weaknesses or pick boons/banes? Or is it literally just picking a name and gender?

Name, gender, birthday. That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Can any class use a horse/pegasus or is it restricted by class?

2. Any classes they haven't revealed yet? (I know about the lord exclusive classes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilboss said:

1. Can any class use a horse/pegasus or is it restricted by class?

2. Any classes they haven't revealed yet? (I know about the lord exclusive classes)

1 - Restricted by class as far as we're aware.

2- Not yet, but I'm still fairly early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cysx said:

1 - Restricted by class as far as we're aware.

2- Not yet, but I'm still fairly early.

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Name, gender, birthday. That's it.

Alright, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tori Torrible said:

and the battle ones each month I think.

Just as a heads up, those also refresh every week. I just checked.

3 minutes ago, link16hit said:

how much AS to double? 4 like in GBA/Tellius/DS or 5 like in Awakening/Fates?


4.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The low multipliers for stats on hit and avoid suggest that evasion won't be that much of a thing in this game, similar to the DS games. Unfortunate if so; I like avoid as a differentiation mechanic for units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

The low multipliers for stats on hit and avoid suggest that evasion won't be that much of a thing in this game, similar to the DS games. Unfortunate if so; I like avoid as a differentiation mechanic for units.

Not necessarily; combined attack(or whatever that's called, the boost you get when allies can also reach the enemy), certain proficiency skills(swords, faith and gauntlets especially should give + 22 at level 5 if things stay consistent), battalions, and certain skills can all be stacked to reach pretty respectable numbers. The difference this time is, you'd have to spec into it, so to speak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might not be the right place but Player Essence just confirmed that Lunatic will be in Three Houses though not right now it will come during a free update.Here is the video. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Is there same turn reinforcements? Can the difficulty be changed mid-game?

Didn't see any reinforcement at all thus far. From what we've witnessed during advertising, no, that's not a thing.

You can go from Hard to Normal, but you're then stuck with normal. Dunno about the opposite.

13 minutes ago, Alexios Blake said:

Might not be the right place but Player Essence just confirmed that Lunatic will be in Three Houses though not right now it will come during a free update.Here is the video. 

 

Yeah, I had read about it earlier. That's good. Although 3H's hard mode is a bit more difficult than Echoes' thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BlazikenBlazer said:

So what exactly is the difference between having a major vs a minor crest?

Also when you recruit new characters, are their base stats adjusted based on how far you are into the game?

This is a really good question, actually. Despite Lysithea having a major version of Lorenz' crest, I'm not seeing a big difference in activation rates, and the effects should be the same, judging from the description. The game is pretty explicit about there being a difference between minor and major in general though, so I don't really know.

Every recruitable character grows as the game progresses, one month at a time. So whenever they do join you, yes, but their level is also higher.

 

EDIT(PLEASE READ): Okay, I need to drive for 6 hours or so, then sleep immediately afterwards; in other words, I won't be available to answer questions anymore. Most of you will get the game in your hands pretty soon anyway; have fun!:D

Edited by Cysx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cysx said:

Not necessarily; combined attack(or whatever that's called, the boost you get when allies can also reach the enemy), certain proficiency skills(swords, faith and gauntlets especially should give + 22 at level 5 if things stay consistent), battalions, and certain skills can all be stacked to reach pretty respectable numbers. The difference this time is, you'd have to spec into it, so to speak

 

Ah, neat. Thanks for the response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I have one question. I really liked the aspect of Awakening (more so than fates) that allowed you to max out your units and therefore "break the game". Now I wanted to ask if the whole tutoring, grinding (on normal mode) and so on mechanics continue up to the finale (which would allow me to max out all characters again). Unlike with the last titles I'm basically starting at a point in time where there isn't enough information out there to plan according to my perfectionistic desires. So any information would be appreciated. Thank you! (I guess we might get an EXP farm DLC in the future which ofc would help with the above "problem" but we obviously still lack information regarding that).

 

(Also kind of lost track of all the mechanics and rules over the course of the months leading up to the release)

Edited by Dämonplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cysx said:

@LSM, you were pretty much right on the money with all of your theories. I won't get into details, but I just wanted to say, congrats:)

Nice...

I suppose you might be too early into the game to know this, but I just have one question at this point: do the lords' personal classes require Class Mastery of the Lord class, to your knowledge?

(Open to anyone - I'm just curious if I should be taking them down that path or going with something more attractive than Lord.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my copy today was experimenting with it a bit.

What I haven't found out is that, is it possible to load one of your save files while you're playing, or is there a way to return to the title screen with having to close the game?

I remember the 3DS entries having a button combination to soft-reset the game so that you could go back to the title screen, is something like this possible as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shikan Raider said:

Got my copy today was experimenting with it a bit.

What I haven't found out is that, is it possible to load one of your save files while you're playing, or is there a way to return to the title screen with having to close the game?

I remember the 3DS entries having a button combination to soft-reset the game so that you could go back to the title screen, is something like this possible as well?

Soft reset is L and R and + and - .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...