Diving Into The World of Emulation: A New Mystery Ironman

KnightOfNohr

V8534aE.png

I learned how to unzip files, everyone!

So, friends, I decided to take advantage of the handy-dandy screenshot function of the emulator and do a Let's Play. This will be a Hard/Classic Ironman, and there will be some degree of audience participation. (i.e., suggesting and naming forges, reclasses) Anyway, time to jump into the game!

rGAiqBu.png

GJavj1A.png

Actually, I identify as an turtle. That's not an option, however, so I go for Male.

uAmwgqG.png

For my name, I just decide to go with...my name.

lt9rjqP.png

I will also continue the grand tradition of Mage MyUnits in FE12 Let's Plays.

Sn5XFGE.png

Original character do not steal

udENica.png

I'm kidding, of course. This is my character. It's...close enough.

Now, rather unconventionally, I'm going to be skipping the prologue and the first chapter. Why?

All the pictures were mixed up. Some were also missing. 😅

Spoiler

First, we have a unit overview!

ww782W2.png

Marth is Marth-like, as usual.

FbNnzqz.png

James has (thankfully) not decided to carry on the grand old tradition of FE12 Let's Plays by gaining a decent amount of Magic. Not enough speed for comfort, though.

33ULPV9.png

sDbKq5U.png

Arran and Draug are at their base level, so no stat differences aside from the fact I made the former a Dracoknight, for mobility and cool factor.

zPlywID.png

Gordin's coming along acceptably. He could use more speed, though.

sUSu8l3.png

Cecille is a Mymridon with a horse, as usual. To compensate for her low strength, I forged her an Iron Lance with +4 Might. She'll beat people over the head with it.

LtTKtgc.png

Now, we reach the MYM-RYAN-DON! Master of swords! Seriously, look at those stats! Great speed and skill, and enough strength and defense to damage the enemy without getting two-shotted. He's great.

k4MwBXj.png

Roderick is fairly average, but that's what he's there for. I expect decent things from him in the days to come.

Tm83wWu.png

Luke is now a Curate. Don't ask.

VwPD5t8.png

Finally, we have Malicia! Not to be confused with Malice, who is both cooler and more powerful. I'm using her above Luke for the time being, due to her higher staff rank.

op6i0BZ.png

We start the battle, and Catria comes flying in. Marth looks like he though it was his over-powered girlfriend flying in, and he's disappointed it turned out to be Catria.

jAqP6kG.png

I can't tell; I turned HP gauges off.

iMELxms.png

We can't let the best Archanea character die! To wing, brothers!

7qASYxz.png

First and foremost, Marth visits the village.

ezXgrwQ.png

It's Cord! No Bord yet, though.

Sk89mXi.png

Everybody moves up to fight the opposing army.

DM6l0AM.png

Except for Gordin, of course.

ieViKEp.png

After the enemy turn, Catria flies up to recruit my 8th grade science teacher-

UBTdnEM.png

Whoops! Wrong Warren. Also, acting like Caeda won't make Marth like you, Catria.

P2K98k3.png

Do not interpret this in an inappropriate way.

fbn2ebD.png

Senator Warren is initially reluctant, but after seeing Catria utterly destroy the other Hunter, he reconsiders.

JAj0lNh.png

James attempts to weaken the remaining Hunter.

TxP651p.png

He fails.

qwREC0I.png

With no weak enemies to pick off thanks to an untimely critical, Cecille instead baits out the soldiers nearby.

xHuAjMY.png

j8UwXtv.png

She gets dinged up quite a bit, but both attackers fall before her.

UN5IXNo.png

Catria chases after the Thief. That Lady Sword is ours, dangit!

D4ZXLQt.png

Mym-Ryan-don unleashes his power on this foolish soldier.

Nz7jqWU.png

He lands an unnecessary critical blow, and watches the life fade from the eyes of his opponent.

6m3b0Wq.png

Oh, and Marth helps block up the chokepoint.

a6JmJox.png

nMYHTPo.png

The cavaliers harm Ryan, but that serves only to fuel his cold rage. They do not die to his blade. Nay, they survive to be struck down by his weaker comrades, in need of training. For Mym-Ryan-don is holding back.

eWXEcfc.png

Also, surprise Silver Sword! Don't worry, Roderick's fine.

oobvhVa.png

Come back here, you coward! I'll bite your legs off!

qmDlDNv.png

On the other side of the map, Cecille, being the only one who can, finishes off the Silver Swordsman.

DTVNoOJ.png

Not bad...more Strength would be nice, but that's why we have Feminism. 

XDynCVP.png

yJ8UB94.png

Cord braves the odds to take out this Cavalier...

pWZ6XnR.png

...while James defeats the other.

8pP7QGp.png

p6BkySb.png

The enemy phase goes...well. Seriously, damage? You guys are pathetic.

A50kYsW.png

Catria finally takes out this Thief.

ISodXbD.png

Cecille take out yet another Silver Sword cavalier, though she doesn't get a level this time.

qvZQ2ag.png

8Ra2Mta.png

James weakens the "promoted enemy", gaining speed!
rpSoJkl.png

Perfection.

C3eTWV3.png

Oh, Malicia gets a level. That's not magic.

qFi6N4T.png

The dread Mym-Ryan-don hides in a forest, awaiting his prey...

QtjRZPf.png

He effortlessly dodges the attack, and though he cannot effortlessly kill this opponent, he is now surrounded by his allies, ready to strike...

rAHtiq9.png

As Gordin smacks on the boss, let's take a moment to analyse him: he's a pushover. Bad stats, and no 1-2 range weapon. The fact that he moves just pushes him up from "pathetic" to "slightly threatening."

SPHqhRg.png

He gets a pretty nifty level.

WFQFJtg.png

James takes him out.

pDv4mcF.png

E2xfN2x.png

dAaKNW4.png

WyPxaLM.png

The last enemy falls...

dg3KINm.png

...and Marth seizes.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago (well, technically, it was one year and 362 days ago, but eh, details), you were the first to comment in my first Let's Play ever. Now I'll be the first to comment in this Let's Play of the same game. We've gone full circle.

23 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Sn5XFGE.png

Is he also worse than Wrys in every way?

24 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

udENica.png

I'm kidding, of course. This is my character. It's...close enough.

Give him the pope hat, and he'll be perfect.

FbNnzqz.png

James has (thankfully) not decided to carry on the grand old tradition of FE12 Let's Plays by gaining a decent amount of Magic. Not enough speed for comfort, though.

That's how it started with me...

25 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

33ULPV9.png

sDbKq5U.png

Arran and Draug are at their base level, so no stat differences aside from the fact I made the former a Dracoknight, for mobility and cool factor.

Ah, Arran. The character with the best supports in all of FE12. What a man, that one.

I dare you to take him to the endgame. I once did it, so it's definitely possible!

In my experience, a General reclass makes for an excellent wall all the way up to Khadein. In chapter 4, both Ogma and Sirius are unreliable in keeping the pirates at bay, but a rescued General!Arran will take on them all like it's nobody's business.

26 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Tm83wWu.png

Luke is now a Curate. Don't ask.

He's now a disciple of his husbando.

iMELxms.png

We can't let the best Archanea character die!

But he dies either way-- ohhh you mean Minerva. Well, she's cool too, so let's not let her bite it either.

27 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

TxP651p.png

He fails.

Good old critical hits. Even when they're good, they still manage to somehow ruin everyone's plans.

28 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

xHuAjMY.png

j8UwXtv.png

She gets dinged up quite a bit, but both attackers fall before her.

That lance.

Cecille's biggest weakness was always her less than stellar bulk. Be careful with her moves.

29 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

DTVNoOJ.png

Not bad...more Strength would be nice, but that's why we have Feminism. 

Defense and HP on Cecille is always great. Her bases for both are just way too awful.

31 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

rAHtiq9.png

As Gordin smacks on the boss, let's take a moment to analyse him: he's a pushover. Bad stats, and no 1-2 range weapon. The fact that he moves just pushes him up from "pathetic" to "slightly threatening."

He can one-round Warren, though. Way to go, bossman.

32 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

SPHqhRg.png

He gets a pretty nifty level.

Look at his luck. He has F I V E   P O I N T S of it.

33 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

dg3KINm.png

...and Marth seizes.

Good riddance, chapter 2. Now let's watch you handle chapter Matthis 3.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, Arran. The character with the best supports in all of FE12. What a man, that one.

I dare you to take him to the endgame. I once did it, so it's definitely possible!

In my experience, a General reclass makes for an excellent wall all the way up to Khadein. In chapter 4, both Ogma and Sirius are unreliable in keeping the pirates at bay, but a rescued General!Arran will take on them all like it's nobody's business.

...Yeah, there's a problem with that idea...I can't. Arran is in Male Class Set A, and Knight/General is part of Class Set B. Once you beat the game on Hard Mode, males get access to both Sets, but this is my first playthrough.

He's now a disciple of his husbando.

That was the idea. 🙂

Spoiler

q2JnCDd.png

I don't think Marth cares, Jagen

CmCNOA2.png

Now he's either very bored or very suspicious.

2ttzzU0.png

Third blink screenshot in a row, for those who are counting.

U3NDCrK.png

Did it really, Marth?

YxYwzMB.png

Oh boy, what could it be?

5LUXWXp.png

Oh, right. The infinite chest key.

After a brief conversation about how Nyna was crying or somesuch, Jagen finds James up training late at night.

8yrFRzA.png

See, he's just like me! Except...he trains diligently, while I watch Tumblr compilations on YouTube.

ZfIgaFf.png

Oh, right, these things. Last time, he called me slow.

dsBvTVI.png

I don't know, magic has a pretty high hit rate.

FnTYIYk.png

I'll try not to.

EgMDcXo.png

dAPm8hY.png

Time for a comparison! Stat-wise, James is equal or better in every way. However, he is also 4 levels higher than her, so she could end up overtaking him with a few levels under her belt. Linde's biggest strength is her access to Aura and Nosferatu. Who needs magic when you have an 18 Might (basically) personal tome?

85Cojse.png

jaQNbbX.png

She hands her Thunder tome over to me and buys a Fire in its stead.

8C5lKiI.png

Also, Cord becomes a Pirate. If he starts missing everything, I'll switch him back.

2 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Actually, I identify as an turtle. That's not an option, however, so I go for Male.

The option to play as a General comes a little later 😛

Sn5XFGE.png

Ah Canas's younger brother, who has a complicate past and backstory explaining his inclusion in Archanea.

Now, rather unconventionally, I'm going to be skipping the prologue and the first chapter. Why?

All the pictures were mixed up. Some were also missing. 😅

Aw we miss the 8 chapter prologue/personality test. Speaking of personality tests do you remember the life questions you answered to determine your MCs bases and growths?

We can't let the best Archanea character die! To wing, brothers!

Good to see another Minerva fan.

Whoops! Wrong Warren. Also, acting like Caeda won't make Marth like you, Catria. 

P2K98k3.png

Do not interpret this in an inappropriate way.

I'd joke about Catria paying Warren to wear a Marth wing, but the implication is too inappropriate

Cord braves the odds to take out this Cavalier...

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Also, Cord becomes a Pirate. If he starts missing everything, I'll switch him back. 

I'm kind hoping this mentioning of Cord indicates that some Axe boy triangle attacks are in this LPs future.

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

U3NDCrK.png

Did it really, Marth?

Some folk like using Aura Linde in Shadow Dragon

7 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

James has (thankfully) not decided to carry on the grand old tradition of FE12 Let's Plays by gaining a decent amount of Magic.

That's how it starts, *'nam flashbacks* that's always how it starts. 

p6BkySb.png

Seeing Marth use the rapier, is wreaking havoc on my inner hoarder. 

5 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Oh, right. The infinite chest key.

The infinite chest key of “permanently clogging up the inventory"

Y'think he just bashes open the chests with it, or it uses magic to undo the locks, but only very specific locks. 

Well good luck, I hope everyone survives. Now I can make up for being unable to pun all the deaths if Rube's new mystery run!

KAyFEe2.png: Man, this game is amazing! Great gameplay, great characters, amazing story! I can't wait to see what's next!

KAyFEe2.png: Ooh, look, C+ Support with [REDACTED]! Her C was a bit dark, maybe this one's a bit lighter-

KAyFEe2.png: HOLY PTEROSAUR! I did not see that coming!

Image result for fire emblem ryan: ...

KAyFEe2.png: Wait a minute...that puts that other support in a whole new light! I need to find out more-

Image result for fire emblem ryan: AHEM.

KAyFEe2.png: Oh, hey, Ryan! What's up?

Image result for fire emblem ryan: Pretty good...what'cha got there?

KAyFEe2.png: Three Houses! It's absolutely incredible! I've been playing it all weekend.

Image result for fire emblem ryan: And...you sure you aren't forgetting something?

KAyFEe2.png: Like what?

Image result for fire emblem ryan: Like the fact we've been waiting on our tactician for THREE DAYS.

KAyFEe2.png: OH DEINONYCHUS!

Spoiler

Well, looks like I'm back, everyone. I don't want to get on Mym-Ryan-Don's bad side.

We start up the map, and...

HPJ7pp5.png

The best unit in the game flies up to Julian and seductively flutters her eyelids.

IFWL5Pj.png

Of course, Julian's having none of it. 

Now, I have read that this is considered to be the worst map in the game. I expected this meant it was grueling and unfair. I was wrong. The worst that can be said about this chapter (on Hard mode, at least) is that it's boring, with large stretches of doing nothing but moving.

If this is the game at its worst, I'm looking forward to the rest.

XVdg8uY.png

First enemy phase, Cecille gets hit with a ballista.

6cruhQT.png

I had forgotten that Palla is automatically playable, and she takes an attack from a stray Dracoknight. Nothing to worry about, of course.

Uq9KxdC.png

Everyone moves up, and Arran flies off to deal with the mountain Dracoknights.

3LCE5Z9.png

Also, Palla starts chasing the Thief. I'm not too concerned about the Steel Sword, but we can't let him raze the village and kill(?) Julian.

9ZTQEn7.png

Malicia also gets Arrowspated.

17JcAEN.png

Palla gets attacked by the ambush reinforcements I hated so much in Awakening I wrote a song about it. Thankfully, she's Palla, so she's fine.

UaSU8UG.png

She has to use her Silver Lance to one-shot the thief, but that's a small price to pay for her survival-especially seeing as Arran's working on getting a new one.

KAyFEe2.png: Hey, here's a suggestion: Palla, why don't you and Arran do a fusion dance?

Image result for arran fire emblem: ...

Image result for palla fire emblem portrait: ...

KAyFEe2.png: You know, best character, best unit...nevermind.

zha5bhj.png

As I just mentioned, Arran is getting started on the Dracoknights.

z7y4BYJ.png

Next turn, Michalis shows up! He was only mostly dead.

QCDzFyg.png

Palla counterkills the weakened Cavalier...

HyBJv0A.png

...and gets a good level for her troubles.

LgFK4I5.png

Arran does the same with his Dracoknight, obtaining our first Master Seal!

iD7mmS8.png

Then, the other three attack him. I know this looks bad, but don't worry.

wJlOZVW.png

He only dies if all three can attack him. Kill one now, and counterkill the other two.

dOXoi2J.png

Fighting "promoted" enemies comes hand in hand with ample exp gain. Working on your problem areas, I see. Nice!

acqj8dC.png

Palla gets in the fort and chugs a vulnerary, ready for any more Ambush reinforcements.

Image result for fire emblem roderick: I'm pretty sure that's not the common name-

KAyFEe2.png: THIS IS A CHRISTIAN FIRE EMBLEM LET'S PLAY, RODERICK!

Image result for fire emblem roderick: That explains the dinosaurs.

KAyFEe2.png: You're sauropodin' right, buckaroo.

OHJsDNq.png

As you can see, my fears were not unfounded.

kwMt36G.png

Neither was my lack of fear, on the other side of the map.

6V7sAq6.png

Arran regroups to be healed by Malicia.

wGShzUj.png

We recruit Bord!

Wait! I just realized a huge missed opportunity! Get a blink shot, and say "looks like someone's Bord of this conversation!"

...I should have done that.

CYZpLpb.png

Palla Kills Cavalier. Not the horses, though. We don't want PETA to sue us. Or worse, make a shallow parody game that completely contradicts the source material.

olFpFYk.png

She proceeds to stand in a fort and draw out the horde of Dracoknights.

GT1v9cx.png

BShBKJp.png

She kills the first one, and gets a great level! That defense should come in handy...

yDTDIP5.png

OK, I know this looks bad...

ox6o9qZ.png

SHE DODGES.

T9gO6XU.png

Acceptable level.

rRH93D0.png

ONE HP A SINGLE POINT OF HITS.

Remember how I said that defense would come in handy? ...Yeah, it came in handy.

ez5AbUI.png

I choose to have Cecille, wielding a weapon which is perfect for her in every way, take down the last Dracoknight.

AToE032.png

Wait, why is her HP so low? Oh, that's right. She got spated earlier.

LGQF2ZU.png

IhqYf6z.png

Fantastic. This level is good on anyone, but on Cecille? *mwah* It's a dream come true.

TfNy70Y.png

Arran will be drawing out the Cavs, by the way.

dOXoi2J.png

These are his stats.

6ojbmSX.png

Compare them to Draug's and pretend that he isn't miles away from Matthis Island. Decide who's the better tank in this situation.

WuEMzSY.png

KAyFEe2.png: yeah ok imma call u juilus caeser

Image result for fire emblem julian: Uh...why?

KAyFEe2.png: Ave! True to Caesar.

Image result for marth portrait: Please stop.

KAyFEe2.png: Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

xaZIcrb.png

Arran steels himself!

2I9SQRJ.png

...but nobody came.

qyfrDs3.png

OK, new formation!

YOjo1IJ.png

...now they all attack Palla.

ma5Le0w.png

Needless to say, they die.

jzDCqVV.png

Arran takes out the Ballista so we can move without fear of being spated.

HmmK14i.png

...A single point of movement away.

Well, it's not as if Matthis can hurt anyone anyway! The biggest danger is that he dies.

XJJGvZi.png

srDzI8W.png

James and Bord tag-team the generic.

YOoLEpc.png

Oh, and Rucke attacks Arran. He doesn't even hit.

wTFCJrK.png

RNyqg6Y.png

Matthis falls victim to Matthis syndrome due to being Matthis, and the mighty Caeser points out the fact that he has Matthis syndrome as he recruits Matthis.

QY9H94R.png

I'm pretty sure they're already dating or somesuch.

I love the word somesuch. It's like "whatever," but posh and British.

sgiHsTf.png

James weakens the boss-

mXjVNkH.png

KAyFEe2.png: You MISSED! How could you MISS?

Image result for fire emblem roderick: That's literally you.

KAyFEe2.png: I MISSED! How could I MISS?

4aPjnNo.png

Well, that's what effective damage is for.

MyEcb4X.png

Roderick was at 85 exp, so he pokes Rucke in hopes of getting a level. It doesn't work.

u5mwiLm.png

Arran, one of the few units who can actually damage the man, nabs the kill.

RN90GzA.png

Perfection.

6kAEn44.png

We get the Starshard! Suggestions are welcome on who to give it to. As if i'm not going to hand it straight over to Cecille.

QQFmzRU.png

oM4WwOk.png

What do you mean, "the task was unworthy?!"

No, really. What does it mean?

TOO9Avd.png

"Rudeness" is a bit light for the situation. My suggestions include disdain, condescension, meany-ness.

z3x1B4Y.png

nZJPAWX.png

Jagen gets a cool line in. :)

8Eh9mQl.png

Yes! The Paralogue has been unlocked! Wrys, here we come!

(In the future...)

Image result for fire emblem luke portrait: I'm gonna tell him.

Image result for fire emblem cecille portrait: Don't you dare.

5 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Now, I have read that this is considered to be the worst map in the game. I expected this meant it was grueling and unfair. I was wrong. The worst that can be said about this chapter (on Hard mode, at least) is that it's boring, with large stretches of doing nothing but moving.

If this is the game at its worst, I'm looking forward to the rest.

Definitely the game at its worst. Just because of the large stretches of doing nothing. The rest of the game is much more tightly designed, and lacks parts like that.

8 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

17JcAEN.png

Palla gets attacked by the ambush reinforcements I hated so much in Awakening I wrote a song about it. Thankfully, she's Palla, so she's fine.

Ambush reinforcements are hilarious. This is nothing. In the lategame you'll be laughing your knockers off.

9 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

KAyFEe2.png: Hey, here's a suggestion: Palla, why don't you and Arran do a fusion dance?

Image result for arran fire emblem: ...

Image result for palla fire emblem portrait: ...

KAyFEe2.png: You know, best character, best unit...nevermind.

3ozcvk3w o

Image result for arran fire emblem...I am not comfortable with this.

Image result for palla fire emblem portraitNeither am I.

Image result for arran fire emblemI am going to die any day now... I'd much rather this isn't how I look going into the next life!

Image result for palla fire emblem portraitAt least you'll leave this behind soon... I'll have to bear this shame for many years...

Image result for arran fire emblem...

17 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

z7y4BYJ.png

Next turn, Michalis shows up! He was only mostly dead.

No, you don't understand. Minerva held back, and then Maria healed him up.

What's that? You didn't deploy either of them? You actually killed him with Shiida? Yeah, I mean, I one-rounded him with Matthis last time I played SD, but it doesn't matter. Matthis also held back. For no reason.

...yeah, this is a bit of a problem with Mystery. Not even just New Mystery, this was in the original as well. Nobody dies in Shadow Dragon. Nobody.

19 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

dOXoi2J.png

Fighting "promoted" enemies comes hand in hand with ample exp gain. Working on your problem areas, I see. Nice!

Shame about that one problem area he can't work on...

20 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Image result for fire emblem roderick: I'm pretty sure that's not the common name-

KAyFEe2.png: THIS IS A CHRISTIAN FIRE EMBLEM LET'S PLAY, RODERICK!

That's right, blistering barnacles! We don't swear 'round these parts!

21 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

rRH93D0.png

ONE HP A SINGLE POINT OF HITS.

Remember how I said that defense would come in handy? ...Yeah, it came in handy.

Dodge in DSFE is not reliable in the slightest. Congratulations on your lucky save. It won't happen often.

22 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

IhqYf6z.png

Fantastic. This level is good on anyone, but on Cecille? *mwah* It's a dream come true.

Okay, this girl's shaping up to something great. Now try not to get her killed like I did.

23 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

6ojbmSX.png

Compare them to Draug's and pretend that he isn't miles away from Matthis Island. Decide who's the better tank in this situation.

Jeigans forever. I don't think I've ever used Draug, yet I went through all the hoops to use Arran once, and he was pretty good. Checkmate.

xaZIcrb.png

Arran steels himself!

2I9SQRJ.png

...but nobody came.

qyfrDs3.png

OK, new formation!

YOjo1IJ.png

...now they all attack Palla.

This is the FE12 Chapter 3 experience in a nutshell. Matthis and co. are extremely stupid. If you dare put Linde anywhere near them, they'll all gleefully charge her and commit suicide by aura, Matthis included.

u5mwiLm.png

Arran, one of the few units who can actually damage the man, nabs the kill.

RN90GzA.png

Perfection.

He has done a great service to Macedon. Give him all the statboosters as a reward. All of them.

6kAEn44.png

We get the Starshard! Suggestions are welcome on who to give it to. As if i'm not going to hand it straight over to Cecille.

Yes, Cecille would definitely benefit from it the most. Either her or Arran, he could probably use the extra power next chapter.

oM4WwOk.png

What do you mean, "the task was unworthy?!"

No, really. What does it mean?

Probably that it was below Marth's abilities. Or maybe he's just dumb and doesn't make sense. This is Lang we're talking about, after all.

28 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

nZJPAWX.png

It's this. I love this moment. Unsure whether this or Luke meeting Wrys is my favourite scene of the game. Those saying Kris ruined this scene, let me tell you this: no. Just... no. Look at this screenshot, and tell me that Kris ruined it in any way with a straight face. I dare you.

There are only two scenes in this game which I agree Kris ruined. This is not one of them.

30 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Image result for fire emblem luke portrait: I'm gonna tell him.

Image result for fire emblem cecille portrait: Don't you dare.

Uhh... what could this be? Is he going to declare his undying lov--

Oh, right. No S supports yet. Ah, well.

I like these little moments you write with the units. Please keep them coming. Although, it might be wise to crop the portraits a bit. They're huge. I don't think we need to see anyone's shoulders, right?

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...yeah, this is a bit of a problem with Mystery. Not even just New Mystery, this was in the original as well. Nobody dies in Shadow Dragon. Nobody.

I agree. At least in Awakening, they came back in Spotpass missions you could pretend weren't canon!

Shame about that one problem area he can't work on...

Which is that?

Dodge in DSFE is not reliable in the slightest. Congratulations on your lucky save. It won't happen often.

Note to self: When sending a single unit to deal with multiple ones at once...check the damage.

Now, in most FE games, your dodge is equal to (Speed x 2) + Luck. In the DS games, it's equal to Speed + (Luck/2). So, quite literally halved dodge rates.

I like these little moments you write with the units. Please keep them coming. Although, it might be wise to crop the portraits a bit. They're huge. I don't think we need to see anyone's shoulders, right?

UzzCQAU.png: Actually, I kind of prefer it if we do...

g94vZgE.jpg: ...

ilEe1n9.png: ...

Ue6eFEk.png: ...

UzzCQAU.png: Kidding! Kidding! I'm not into that.

UzzCQAU.png: Palla gets to stay a bunny, though.

Ue6eFEk.png: End my suffering.

Battle:

Spoiler

First, we have a base conversation. I usually skip over these, but I have been told that Arran's are particularly good.

p3XyeJa.png

zKO5yMP.png

Two lines in and we're already better than quite a few Kris Supports.

aXS4Hfu.png

c21IhxQ.png

piZRRgd.png

evJXe6t.png

7mGJTjq.png

What a trooper.

GaXgkPe.png

The blink frame here actually works incredibly well with what he's talking about. Sadly, this is the most emotion we get out the character portraits in most FE games. That's something I really love about Awakening supports. Let me tell you, the bad ones are bad, but the good ones? They are excellent. I think one of the biggest problems is that everyone "has" to support with everyone else. A lot of bad supports seem to be that way because the developers said "OK, these two need a support for gameplay reasons," and the writers had run out of ideas. That's what I love about Three Houses: the Supports move at whatever pace is needed. Some pairs don't get past B, and some get an extra conversation-

Oh, sorry. Getting ahead of myself.

QKjRZ1T.png

Basically, Arran explains that he doesn't really think of himself as a "knight," and says he hasn't truly figured it out himself. At the C-Support. I'm starting to see why you like this guy, Ruben.

bGihJq7.png

Meanwhile, this is the most interesting thing from the other two Krisupports.

ecPFQQa.png

Since it's just a "cute little gaiden," and all, I'll be using it as a training chapter.

g94vZgE.jpg: Those are the words of death and DESTRUCTION!

X2lTbkv.jpg: Luke, please stop.

g94vZgE.jpg: ...hey, why is your portrait so much bigger than mine?

UzzCQAU.png: So we can all gaze upon Roderick's beautiful visage!

g94vZgE.jpg: Seriously?

UzzCQAU.png: No homo. Sadly.

X8nIODE.png

We begin the battle, and immediately find Wrys, who seems to have resigned himself to death.

TvH8VJ2.png

Now, for the new hit comedy sitcom! Two adopted sisters, trained from a young age to be ruthless assassins, amongst troubles with school and love life! They are...

Eine and Kleine!

X2lTbkv.jpg: Actually, her name is Clarisse.

UzzCQAU.png: But...the new hit comedy sitcom!

X2lTbkv.jpg: If you call her Kleine, you have to call me Rody.

UzzCQAU.pngKatarina and Clarisse! Do-bum-da-da-bum-dee-do-da!

saCC9Iw.png

This is our defensive position for the first turn. Don't worry about Linde; she's got Nosferatu. This is one of the games where they heal for full damage, too.

WRMFR82.png

See? Perfectly fine. She even crits the second.

7A45d9W.png

She Aura's the one she couldn't double...

dGgAA42.png

CjoBP4c.png

...and Marth and Gordin weaken the other so that Matthis can take the kill.

Lj5dM4i.png

Except he can't, because he's Matthis. I probably should have grabbed him a Steel Lance.

JavzVD0.png

Catria doesn't instead.

fRqwVTJ.png

Matthis bravely decides to draw out the Archers.

Mn4CKmK.png

Oh, and Luke levels from healing him. That's not Magic.

XkHc9HT.png

oChhm99.png

With the other Archer ready to be pounced upon by my army, Catria sets off on a daring mission to rescue Wrys.

rf73Ett.png

snwyCkX.png

Unfortunately, it seems to have been too little, too late to save our Curate friend...

g94vZgE.jpg: NOOOOO! SENPAI!

t3hlX1W.png: You knew him, Luke?

g94vZgE.jpg: He was my mentor...he taught me everything I know about religion...

t3hlX1W.png: ...

3GNXhGe.jpg: ...He was our healer, back at the academy...

ilEe1n9.png: Curse you, assassins! You will pay for taking him away from us!

UzzCQAU.png: Don't worry guys! I know what will fill the holes in our hearts!

UzzCQAU.png: Luke, how do you feel about a haircut?

GHsXPka.png

In lighter news, Matthis carries on the time-old tradition of surrounding enemy Archers and slowly beating them to death. That's how I got my Amelia to level 10 on her first chapter!

OK, that was technically with the help of an enemy Psychic Priest, but still!

WOL49Ah.png

Get that exp, Matthis!

rNxLlCe.png

Luke gets smacked by some Ambush Reinforcements. It hurts, but his heart hurts even more.

PapycbC.png

Catria exacts brutal revenge on the Archer that did the awful deed.

ADonCjJ.png

I know, I know, wasting Nosferatu uses, but how else is Matthis to gain exp?

5lev5Eh.png

xklWtJ2.png

Catria is injured, and Luke rushes in to heal her just like his mentor taught him.

g94vZgE.jpg: Are you injured? Please! Allow me to tend to your wounds!

QbtkZwr.png: Are you flirting with me, Luke?

g94vZgE.jpg: ...Maybe, slightly?

QbtkZwr.png: If you dye your hair blue, I'll consider it.

UzzCQAU.png: Luuu-uuke! I found a razor!

VW0E8wY.png

The knights move up, and we continue on with Operation: Level Matthis.

YIVRORM.png

Matthis moves up, and Catria covers Linde. Her high stats and powerful weapon should dissuade the from attacking her, anyway-

hYSwpQg.png

I stand corrected.

M4JlShL.png

lou2iRg.png

However, Operation: Level Matthis proves a success!

iesq5X4.png

...though, not a qualified one.

aIr74Cp.png

Since knights seem to love attacking Catria so much, she draws this one out.

w6dZhwE.png

She also weakens him so Matthis can get another kill, and gets healed by Luke again.

E2lNaC8.png

That's not magic.

UoMkMug.png

Marth draws out The Last Knight, and stabs that awful movie with his weaker weapon...

ZxMoqn8.png

...so that Gordin can weaken him some more...

lPefh2f.png

...and Matthis grabs the kill!

VMol99O.png

Can we just address the fact that this orphan, brainwashed from her childhood up to be a remorseless killer, says "gosh." Gosh.

ilEe1n9.png: Before we move on, we must hold a short funeral in memory of Wrys.

i46kfKM.png: ...

X2lTbkv.jpg: (I'm not smiling. That's just how my face looks.)

g94vZgE.jpg: *sniff*...*sob*.

JUZ93a8.jpg: Farewell, Wrys. You were the first of our comrades to fall-

3GNXhGe.jpg: And with our Tactician, you won't be the last.

t3hlX1W.png: Hey, you can't insult James like that!

UzzCQAU.png: No, no. It's OK. One can never avoid death in war. The best you can do is to try to keep one's allies from falling. Often, that cannot be done without knowing

UzzCQAU.png: exactly what's going to happen...and unless you're a time traveler or you have an excellent espionage team, that rarely happens for every battle.

UzzCQAU.png: We must carry on. To stop this war. To prevent innocents caught in the crossfire like Wrys. Now...who's with me?!

t3hlX1W.png3GNXhGe.jpgJUZ93a8.jpgi46kfKM.pngg94vZgE.jpg: WE ARE!!

UzzCQAU.png: Now, who wants to help me shave Luke's head?

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys

6 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Which is that?

piZRRgd.png

Basically, Arran explains that he doesn't really think of himself as a "knight," and says he hasn't truly figured it out himself. At the C-Support. I'm starting to see why you like this guy, Ruben.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. This support may be the only thing Arran ever gets in terms of dialogue, but man is it good. The B and A conversations are going to delve deeper into why he has such an opinion of himself. If you manage to get them, you'll be positively impressed, I'm sure. He also offers some really interesting gameplay-story integration that I personally love. Oh, and he's one of the very few units in the series that is arguably better off dying in the campaign than surviving to the end. You'll see why, hopefully.

I don't know, he's just all sorts of great. Considering he's a character from Archanea of all continents, that's quite the feat. My profile says Frost is the best Archanean character, but while I really like that man, I'm afraid he's second to Arran.

bGihJq7.png

Meanwhile, this is the most interesting thing from the other two Krisupports.

Hahahah... yeah, FE12's supports are very hit-and-miss. Some are brilliant (Arran, Abel & Est, Belf & Sirius, Jeorge in general, Etzel...), and then on the other side of the spectrum you have some real stinkers (Malicia or whatever her name is this time of the year, Draug, Cain, Roberto...). You can pretty much count on all supports that don't involve Kris to be good, though. I'd say that, overall, there are more good supports than bad ones, and most of the characters with lame Krisupports have good ones with other characters. The glaring exception being Cain. Cain only has one support, and it sucks balls. It's a flying shame, really. Both he and Marth got screwed over in this game.

ecPFQQa.png

Since it's just a "cute little gaiden," and all, I'll be using it as a training chapter.

Only flier is Catria? No Arran?

Wrys is so dead.

UzzCQAU.pngKatarina and Clarisse! 

Ahahah, yeah, the perks of this game's translation being so old. The Malicia / Maris situation is ridiculous, I swear.

Lj5dM4i.png

Except he can't, because he's Matthis. I probably should have grabbed him a Steel Lance.

Give him time. I like to reclass him into Mercenary to train him, but you don't have that option, so I suppose Cavalier's his best option. His start is really rough, but with any luck, he'll defy all odds. For what it's worth, he never fails to when I play this or Shadow Dragon.

snwyCkX.png

Unfortunately, it seems to have been too little, too late to save our Curate friend...

As expected.

I'm afraid this map is a bit of a beginner's trap. You're led to think that, with such few enemies and deployment slots, you're meant to use this as a training map.

But no. This is meant to be an "Arran And Palla Kill Everything To Save Wrys" chapter. No Arran and Palla means Wrys dies.

g94vZgE.jpg: NOOOOO! SENPAI!

t3hlX1W.png: You knew him, Luke?

g94vZgE.jpg: He was my mentor...he taught me everything I know about religion... 

t3hlX1W.png: ...

3GNXhGe.jpg: ...He was our healer, back at the academy...

ilEe1n9.png: Curse you, assassins! You will pay for taking him away from us!

UzzCQAU.png: Don't worry guys! I know what will fill the holes in our hearts!

UzzCQAU.png: Luke, how do you feel about a haircut? 

Damnit, why is it always the humble Curates? This'd never have happened to Saul! Which is a damned shame!

This is the worst timeline. You're playing the worst timeline.

Matthis moves up, and Catria covers Linde. Her high stats and powerful weapon should dissuade the from attacking her, anyway-

hYSwpQg.png

I stand corrected.

They've read my LPs. They know to fear him.

Scrubby as he is, his base defense is probably a little better than Catria's, by virtue of their classes, and these dudes are going to die either way, so that's why they went after her: To maximize damage output.

iesq5X4.png

...though, not a qualified one.

This is clearly the worst timeline.

E2lNaC8.png

That's not magic.

Luke, get a grip! Wrys will be disappointed in Heaven!

VMol99O.png

Can we just address the fact that this orphan, brainwashed from her childhood up to be a remorseless killer, says "gosh." Gosh.

Yeah, Kleine sounds like a spoiled, girly brat of a murderer. I don't know how much of that is the translation's fault, but I'd wager that a more polished Project Exile-esque localization would characterize her differently.

UzzCQAU.png: No, no. It's OK. One can never avoid death in war. The best you can do is to try to keep one's allies from falling. Often, that cannot be done without knowing

UzzCQAU.png: exactly what's going to happen...and unless you're a time traveler or you have an excellent espionage team, that rarely happens for every battle.

UzzCQAU.png: We must carry on. To stop this war. To prevent innocents caught in the crossfire like Wrys. Now...who's with me?!

t3hlX1W.png3GNXhGe.jpgJUZ93a8.jpgi46kfKM.pngg94vZgE.jpg: WE ARE!! 

Well, you're doing better than me. At this point in FE12, the entire army was already doubting my abilities.

And in FE6, I had already been forced to escape from the army.

Ah, good times, good times.

If only that were an option.

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys

This is just the beginning...

On 7/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

ox6o9qZ.png

SHE DODGES.

That was lucky. New Mystery really likes to drop new recruits into the middle of desperate situations that are only barely survivable on the higher difficulties, and Palla is the first forced in that near fatal position.

4 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

But...the new hit comedy sitcom!

UzzCQAU.pngKatarina and Clarisse! Do-bum-da-da-bum-dee-do-da!

Don't worry the FEH translation team has you back, as her personal tome reveals Katarina's assassin name makes it:

Reese and Clarisse!

rf73Ett.png

snwyCkX.png

Its hard to save Wrys from his predicament without taking some very specific actions that you either need to practice, or follow by rote, so no shame losing him on an ironman (especially if this is your first time playing through like it sounds)

g94vZgE.jpg: Are you injured? Please! Allow me to tend to your wounds!

QbtkZwr.png: Are you flirting with me, Luke?

g94vZgE.jpg: ...Maybe, slightly?

QbtkZwr.png: If you dye your hair blue, I'll consider it.

UzzCQAU.png: Luuu-uuke! I found a razor!

Don't Archaeopteryx block them! Catria could use the release, and that desperate little incel would have done ANYTHING she asked.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Reese

Ohhh, so that's her new name. I'd forgotten.

...of all the names to steal from Kaga, they went and stole the name of Berwick Saga's protagonist. It's always nice to find instances of "Kaga did it first!".

On 7/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Just gonna leave this here

Edited by Pengaius

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahah, yeah, the perks of this game's translation being so old. The Malicia / Maris situation is ridiculous, I swear.

To be fair, Malice is an awesome name for an awesome person.

Well, you're doing better than me. At this point in FE12, the entire army was already doubting my abilities.

At least you didn't have any real deaths by then.

So, funny story...I was just playing my game, as you do, performing horribly, when all of a sudden, I have to turn it off. Being a teenager beholden to the will of his parents and all. However, as it happens, I forgot to save...which means this is my second try...

I didn't do it on purpose, but I'd be a lying liar who lies if I didn't admit that my last playthrough didn't go so well, and that I used some insight from it for the actually chapter, so...you can count this as half of a dishonorable reset.

X2lTbkv.jpg: He forgot to move Ogma and friends and Yumina died on turn 1.

UzzCQAU.png: SHHHH!

Battle

Spoiler

ghoUgk1.png

Here's our team for today!

6SWGpWC.png

As we start the map, Ogma runs onto the map with the Grustian twins.

QbtkZwr.png: They aren't twins, and I'm not sure they're from Grust, either.

PDLCzpT.png

Marth draws first blood, weakening the southernmost Thief...

vSAvTku.png

...so that Matthis can pick him off.

xP81GQo.png

Great level, right there! Now, both his Strength and Defense are higher than Roderick's!

qaKT6IN.png

Ogma recruits Sirius, since his attack range implies that he moves, and I'm not comfortable testing it out. Also: if he was a pirate, he'd be wearing two eyepatches, instead that mask thingy. 

KcUsDUI.png

He looks Sirius to me.

3WDCPhK.png

Camus takes out this Archer, and the real strategy comes in:

Ogma is only within attack range of three enemies: two pirates and a Hunter, and he can survive all their attacks. The rest should attack Sirius.

However! If they all decide to attack Sirius, he will die if all the attacks hit. Though hope may seem lost,  one must take into account his evasion. The pirates only have ~50% attack odds on him. If even a single one misses, he lives.

JUZ93a8.jpg: ...That's your "real strategy?"

UzzCQAU.png: Yeah, what do you think?

JUZ93a8.jpg: ...

bB565qR.png

Down in the southwest, everyone moves out of enemy range...

U6QAHPJ.png

...so that Mym-Ryan-Don can face his opponents head-on.

goUHlwn.png

bk6gsH2.png

UTrFVvD.png

oerB6pq.png

UzzCQAU.png: Haha! My genius strategy WORKED! Especially because everybody who could attack Ogma did, and there was no possibility of anyone dying!

u0lhzTB.png

Oh, and Ryan does his thing.

sY6AmQx.png

Now, it's our turn! Arran one-shots the Archer before he becomes a problem.

hDDximW.png

Cecille defeats the northern Ruffian and is healed up by Luke.

AlO1Cp9.png

Marth picks up this tome from the village. Perfect! We can use it on Luke!

O8zMlnD.png

Ryan weakens another Ruffian...

j4JcyBF.png

cCDoWp8.png

FVhsnoh.png

FOe6P1v.png

...and everybody with close to leveling dogpiles on the remaining troops.

llP2K3z.png

Acceptable!

ReTNvY3.png

Decent, but you need more stats if you want to be anything more than a worse Cecille!

vu4eRPu.png

Magic is nice, but I need SPEED!

nTcciZD.png

...Excellente.

VQsWf5j.png

Sirius Black equips his Lance and stands in the entrance of the village, protecting it from the Thief.

VY2kUOD.png

Ogma gets a heal and takes down the Hunter.

g2h1Eok.png

The enemy phase goes on without incident, and Yubello weakens the Thief so that Ogma can finish him off-

iEFBzSI.png

-never mind.

v2Eg2LW.png

I could be angry at Yubello for making me waste a Rescue use, but it was really my fault for not paying enough attention to what damage people would be doing. Yes, I know he's got a Devil Sword with 0 Luck, but I'd rather he use it on a unit who can actually take a hit.

R7oEOie.png

Like Ogma, for example.

7QvEjws.png

He ends up killing himself, of course.

nqbdYbh.png

There's not much going on in the old southwest, minus the fact that Arran is baiting out a pirate.

mgcTeO9.png

Marth gets Rescued, A) to visit the village, B) to save an excruciatingly long trip to the castle to seize.

jMbtDTU.png

With this level, she's officially our best healer. I'll still be using Luke, though.

yK54GMo.png

Marth visits the village and recruits Castor!

M6yBwOI.png

Castor's "thing" for the few here unfamiliar with him, is that he's a con artist. A really bad con artist. Just by giving him some money, Marth is able to convince him to join our army and fight and die for whatever their cause is supposed to be. I don't think anyone ever told Castor.

Looks like Marth's been taking Caeda's class in playing people like a fiddle.

ilEe1n9.png: I have, actually.

UzzCQAU.png: Really?! That...was a joke. How is she?

ilEe1n9.png: In which aspect? Never-mind, the answer will always be "incredible."

g94vZgE.jpg: That's what she said!

ilEe1n9.png: No, Luke, that's what said. About her.

ilEe1n9.png: Also, just for saying that, I give James permission to shave your head.

UzzCQAU.png: Yay! Haircut time!

g94vZgE.jpg: No, please! SPARE ME!

APZpOir.png

Ol' Castor here is...actually better than Gordin in almost every way. I'll still be using him instead, because I like Gordin better.

CWd49k9.png

Oh, wow. I'm getting Awakening flashbacks. Not the happiest memories, let me tell you.

ZBZabsK.png

Arran kills a man.

M8t3tWb.png

Heeding our friendly neighborhood pirate's warning, I move Cecille and Linde into forts in the south...

uy3bUYL.png

...and Arran into the one in the north. Ogma also draws out another pirate.

LOcktKt.png

VjaUCVs.png

ZJMk6Ax.png

Matthis picks him off, and Ogma retreats for healing.

NIIgHB4.png

On the enemy phase, he gets attacked, and dodges. Every day, I lose more doubts about the true power of Matthis.

gG025pO.png

Cecille gets attacked, but also dodges.

M96u82u.png

AoIivnO.png

With some help from Roderick, Matthis gets yet another kill.

cW7mnfB.png

Ryan move up to shield them from the final Pirate.

v3FJZbI.png

Oh, so you say I'm wasting Nosferatu uses? Well, I'll be laughing when the reinforcements come!

UzzCQAU.png: ...

UzzCQAU.png: ...they didn't come.

t3hlX1W.png: Well, I, for one, am flattered that you value my life over a use of a rare weapon.

UzzCQAU.png: Thank you! That doesn't happen often, you know.

QbtkZwr.png: Earlier, you had me using Camus' Pike, rather than an Iron Lance, just to avoid taking a moderately powerful strike.

UzzCQAU.png: OK, maybe it happens more than I'd like.

VvILyWo.png

uEwkPyG.png

With some help from Ryan, Matthis gets another kill under his belt!

DFxtfZP.png

Another good level, as well! 

50SDLNd.png

Now...the time has come for us to face the boss. Play the music!

Guile's Theme

i46kfKM.png: Really, James?

UzzCQAU.png: What? How am I supposed to use anything else?

8vS9sfv.png

0wDz6lB.png

Oh, maybe he's not such a bad guy-

pIFMJmG.png

The sad part is, this is some of the more interesting generic boss dialogue. Though nothing in any game can top Orlo.

tCD5sCy.png

EVfGkOy.png

E9JlSUL.png

CgxRvQc.png

cthppLR.png

y044hzC.png

Marth seizes, and...

TsQs65I.png

Caeda shows up.

UzzCQAU.png: Caeda! We were just talking about you!

bDfHZIy.png: Really?

UzzCQAU.png: Yeah, Luke made a crass joke about you being good in...the area that must not be named.

bDfHZIy.png: ...shave his head.

ilEe1n9.png: See? We even think alike.

She explains that Altea was attacked by Archaenea without cause. Next minute, and...

jHrrULq.png

That escalated quickly.

sd5T4Aw.png

Why yes. A portable arena! What fun!

Now, the next battle is the first to contain the dreaded Jorge squadron. If you need to do something special to get them to leave...please tell me; I don't want to die.

X2lTbkv.jpg: You could always look it up.

UzzCQAU.png: Now, where's the fun in that?

tkPLVXt.png

Gordin grabs Taurus so he can do some Drill Grounds grinding.

YDUmMnF.png

AGsz1S9.png

Both are very good. Look at that Strength! Plus, what were you saying about F I V E  P O I N T S of Luck, Ruben? Now, on to the audience participation!

First, the Bullion we got from Guile means we can afford to splurge on another forge. I don't have anything in mind, so go crazy! Within reason.

Second, we have three important unit-oriented discussions.

uKwAvle.png

Do we make Castor a Knight? We could use a tank, and I don't think I'll be heavily investing in Castor otherwise.

tDccKgh.png

Do we make Caeda a Cavalier? It helps with her weaknesses, but we already have quite a few Cavs, and the resistance loss could hurt.

Finally, the most important of all:

lBoucbJ.jpg

UzzCQAUh.png: DO WE SHAVE LUKE'S HEAD!?

g94vZgEh.jpg: I vote: no.

UzzCQAUh.png: You don't get a vote.

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys

Edited by KnightOfNohr

3 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Ogma is only within attack range of three enemies: two pirates and a Hunter, and he can survive all their attacks. The rest should attack Sirius.

However! If they all decide to attack Sirius, he will die if all the attacks hit. Though hope may seem lost,  one must take into account his evasion. The pirates only have ~50% attack odds on him. If even a single one misses, he lives.

Not the worst odds out there, its about the same as risking the good ending on hitting a displayed ~75 with the true hit system. That being said you are playing with fire if you keep going like that on an iron man run.

I could be angry at Yubello for making me waste a Rescue use, but it was really my fault for not paying enough attention to what damage people would be doing.

Thanks for saving that precious little prince with a rescue staff. He is my favorite mage to use in New Mystery.

Marth gets Rescued, A) to visit the village, B) to save an excruciatingly long trip to the castle to seize.

Oh, another rescue use. Why do I get the feeling we are going to see Malicia fielded one of these chapters just to hammerne the rescue staff.

Why yes. A portable arena! What fun!

Except you never earn any money, only loose it.

Now, the next battle is the first to contain the dreaded Jorge squadron. If you need to do something special to get them to leave...please tell me; I don't want to die.

They don't leave, but as long as do not attack any of them (or the Physic Bishop) they will ignore. Unless you are on Lunatic, in which case they will chase down and kill anything that enters their range...

uKwAvle.png

Do we make Castor a Knight?

If you want to use Castor go for it.

tDccKgh.png

Do we make Caeda a Cavalier?

Go for it. I don't use reclassing much when I play, so seeing some in an LP always makes it a bit more interesting.

DO WE SHAVE LUKE'S HEAD!? 

No... unless you use it as an excuse to give Luke ludicrous (and probably poorly photo-shopped) wigs and/or hats.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
wanted to add something

On 7/31/2019 at 8:04 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

As we start the map, Ogma runs onto the map with the Grustian twins.

QbtkZwr.png: They aren't twins, and I'm not sure they're from Grust, either.

Very much Grustian. In fact, they're the heirs to the throne!

xP81GQo.png

Great level, right there! Now, both his Strength and Defense are higher than Roderick's!

There's my Matthis. Fulfill your destiny once more. Prove to all just how much of a badass you secretly are!

3WDCPhK.png

JUZ93a8.jpg: ...That's your "real strategy?"

UzzCQAU.png: Yeah, what do you think?

JUZ93a8.jpg: ...

Well, since Ogma's defense is lower than Sirius's, this plan was pretty solid. That being said... don't. For the love of God, don't ever do this again. You will come to regret taking such chances in time.

AlO1Cp9.png

Marth picks up this tome from the village. Perfect! We can use it on Luke!

Ergh...

Oh, of course, shaver. Hahah, didn't get it at first.

ReTNvY3.png

Decent, but you need more stats if you want to be anything more than a worse Cecille!

Or a worse Matthis.

vu4eRPu.png

Magic is nice, but I need SPEED!

nTcciZD.png

...Excellente.

Excelente*

Also, I hate to tell you this, but that's how it started for me. In fact...

On 8/2/2017 at 5:46 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

UfF2BKs.png

Yeah... he was better in a few areas. With one less level in the pocket.

...just saying.

NIIgHB4.png

On the enemy phase, he gets attacked, and dodges. Every day, I lose more doubts about the true power of Matthis.

I mean, you've seen it already. You know what is to come.

Oh, so you say I'm wasting Nosferatu uses? Well, I'll be laughing when the reinforcements come!

UzzCQAU.png: ...

UzzCQAU.png: ...they didn't come.

t3hlX1W.png: Well, I, for one, am flattered that you value my life over a use of a rare weapon.

UzzCQAU.png: Thank you! That doesn't happen often, you know.

QbtkZwr.png: Earlier, you had me using Camus' Pike, rather than an Iron Lance, just to avoid taking a moderately powerful strike.

UzzCQAU.png: OK, maybe it happens more than I'd like.

That's the way to go. They'll laugh now, but you'll get the last laugh.

DFxtfZP.png

Another good level, as well! 

Yes... more... more power...!

0wDz6lB.png

Oh, maybe he's not such a bad guy-

pIFMJmG.png

The sad part is, this is some of the more interesting generic boss dialogue. Though nothing in any game can top Orlo.

Yeah, this line's really dumb. And it isn't even the weirdest line in the game.

bDfHZIy.png: ...shave his head.

ilEe1n9.png: See? We even think alike.

bDfHZIy.pngNo, I meant, shave his head clean off his shoulders.

ilEe1n9.png...I love you.

bDfHZIy.pngD'aww... love you too, sweetie.

bDfHZIy.pngOh hey, isn't that one of those guys who think they have a chance with me?

CASTOR: ...gulp!

If you need to do something special to get them to leave...please tell me; I don't want to die.

X2lTbkv.jpg: You could always look it up.

UzzCQAU.png: Now, where's the fun in that?

Well... without telling you much (by now you've probably already played it anyway), there probably won't be any need for you to get them to leave.

YDUmMnF.png

AGsz1S9.png

Both are very good. Look at that Strength! Plus, what were you saying about F I V E  P O I N T S of Luck, Ruben?

Nngh! No more... five points...!

First, the Bullion we got from Guile means we can afford to splurge on another forge. I don't have anything in mind, so go crazy! Within reason.

Give Matthis his Spear of Suicide so we may come full circle for real. It's not like you're ever going to get any spears, anyway. Javelin forges might be a good idea.

Castor Knight?

Pretty crazy idea. I'd say try it. If he fails, there's always The Roger The Knight.

Caveda?

Yes. She loses flying and in return she fixes all of her statistical weaknesses. And Arran and Palla are all the fliers you'll need for now. Dew it!

Le shave

Very yes.

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys

Friendly tip: put this inside the spoiler. Otherwise, one sees it before the update itself and gets spoiled on what will happen in it.

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Very much Grustian. In fact, they're the heirs to the throne!

UzzCQAU.png: Haha, I was right! See, Catria?

QbtkZwr.png: All right, all right. I apologizing for being wrong about the royal status of two people I have never met.

Ue6eFEk.png: No need to get sarcastic, sister.

QbtkZwr.png: Says the woman dressed as a bunny.

Ue6eFEk.png: DO YOU THINK I ASKED FOR THIS?

Excelente*

OK, now we're even for all the times I corrected your grammar. :D

Friendly tip: put this inside the spoiler. Otherwise, one sees it before the update itself and gets spoiled on what will happen in it.

Yeah, that occurred to me after I made the update. Since nobody died, I decided to be lazy this one time, but don't worry! It won't happen again.

Now, on to Luke...

UzzCQAU.png: Two votes for, one against...you know what that means!

g94vZgE.jpg: W-wait! Shouldn't we get some other viewpoints?!

UzzCQAU.png: You know what? You're right. Let's ask the army! Should we shave Luke's head?

3GNXhGe.jpgX2lTbkv.jpgi46kfKM.pngvSOkCoK.png: DO IT! DO IT!

g94vZgE.jpg: Uhh...can I can get some voices of reason in the room?

ilEe1n9.pngbDfHZIy.png: DO IT! DO IT!

UzzCQAU.png: SHAVING TIME!!

g94vZgE.jpgNO!! PLEASE!!

One Haircut Later...

UzzCQAU.png: Well, what do you think?

lBoucbJ.jpg: I wanted to carry on my senpai's legacy...but not like this.

UzzCQAU.png: Well, I think you look great!

Battle:

Spoiler

lSdjd3q.png

Behold!

N0sn8qf.png

Having spent the greater part of 5 minutes trying to think of a witty name that related to Spear of Suicide AND fit in the character limit, I eventually just gave up.

EBLbE1j.png

Our team for today. Sadly, we have to bring along Julian if we want to recruit the VIP Card.

O6GXA73.png

Since Cecille slyly sensed Sylvain isn't coming today, Arran gets Taurus. It should come in handy with the Dracoknights.

YufQcX2.png

High collars must be the fashion in Archeanea.

MNTvtPq.png

Lang....calling someone a moron...

Lang.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Don't make me laugh-oh wait, too late.

u0TR9KS.png

WLibk7S.png

We cut to Jeorge, and now I feel silly for asking about him.

6tMu30L.png

First things first, recruitment!

dTZc2vb.png

Language, sir! I don't know why, but fan translations of FE games always seem to trend towards vulgarity.

noByKqO.png

Julian also gets the VIP Card-I mean, a weak and uninteresting character.

AFeFmAO.png

This is his best line from both games, which isn't saying much.

8dQISt3.png

You know, if I didn't feel bad adding your name to the death counter, you'd be converted into EXP by now.

DHon6D3.png

cEuV5bx.png

Arran weakens the Thief next to them for Matthis to pick off.

iDuIqDU.png

Not bad! Double digits, everyone!

NFjepxO.png

Everybody else moves into position.

xXoSlxz.png

Julian takes a whopping from an enemy mage, but he survives. Thank goodness that the Thief is a Runny-Thief, not a Fighty-Thief.

VzIdq3j.png

On that topic, Arran flies after him.

eQ4b6dQ.png

As for the mages, Catria kills one...

fVg3YBA.png

(clearing the way for Castor)

VA4sBsP.png

...Caeda kills another...

Tcpn1HR.png

...and Gordin and Matthis tag-team the final.

QMm5WsK.png

Luke, who totally does not have hair right now, gets a level. That's not magic.

PdeIjSa.png

Moving up, as you do...

CuBruRU.png

On our next turn, Arran flies straight into the fray to claim that Master Seal for ourselves! Don't worry, he's safe from the Cavs. If things get bad, he can chug a Vulnerary or two.

kKSh4Un.png

Matthis will also be here, attempting to be a more appealing target than him.

c6YHQe1.png

Meanwhile, on the Southern Isle, Castor prepares to bait out the Knights.

dMW8DxJ.png

Success! He even dodges, because he's Matthis, and Matthis is awesome.

XZvJmM2.png

Arran dodges, too. What were you saying about unreliable dodge rates?

JUZ93a8.jpg: That expecting us to dodge fatal blows is futile, and that the best strategy is to avoid sending soldiers who can't take many hits to deal with more than a few enemies?

UzzCQAU.png: ...sound tactics, good sir. Sound tactics.

5O2JzTF.png

The other one still hits, though. Even still, he can take an attack from each of them and still live at one HP. Arran's a beast.

JUZ93a8.jpg: Thank you- *cough*

UzzCQAU.png: Are you OK?

JUZ93a8.jpg: Yes...it's called "Incurable Cough of Death." I only have a few months to live.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...I thought it was asthma.

yjsEbwf.png

w24ABuL.png

In lighter news, Gordin once again helps Matthis get a kill.

b3h6KCX.png

Arran heals up, gets out his axe, and readies himself to draw out the Dracoknight.

wFh3bpB.png

Meanwhile, at the Southern Isle, the Knights don't seem to be interested in attacking Castor, so I send down Caeda for support.

43wXwYw.png

Matthis is assaulted by another Cavalier, and yet again, he dodges. Anna has blessed me on this day.

7heexdX.png

Qhi32td.png

I miscalculated the other Cav's range, and Arran ends up taking attacks from him AND the Dracoknight. Thankfully, he would have survived even if he hadn't dodged the latter.

VRxUWyQ.png

He continues to draw him toward the large crowd of Altean soldiers ready to kill him.

vJhmWQK.png

Oh, and Matthis gets another kill, and a level, too! Let's see what he gets!

B3PIR3x.png

h8L2BtP.png

Luke heals Gordin again. Now, his staff is almost broken! Then, we'll have to go the rest of the map without healing!

ilEe1n9.png: I have quite a few in the convoy-

UzzCQAU.png: Without HEALING!

yQiOmKK.png

Meanwhile, at the Southern Isle, Castor heals up from the Stonehoist and once again attempts to draw out the Knights.

xeUQSAa.png

Captain Collar here confirms my personal headcanon that Mathematics have been discovered in the Fire Emblem universe.

Ue6eFEk.png: Invented.

UzzCQAU.png: ...what?

Ue6eFEk.png: Mathematics are invented, not discovered.

UzzCQAU.png: No they aren't. It's not as if some caveman woke up in a cold sweat one night and triumphantly wrote "2+2=4" in the cave dirt. He didn't "figure it out." It's always true and constant, and always will be. He discovered it.

vSOkCoK.png: Yes, but "discovering" is not the right word. He took a universal truth, and invented a system of displaying and communicating that truth.

QbtkZwr.png: Actually, much of what is considered "universal truths," is just social consensus between people. Other civilizations would use mathematics completely differently. We create the constraints; we establish-

i46kfKM.png: NO! You fail to realize that...

*argue *argue*argue*

UzzCQAU.png: OK, I'm gonna go on break.

19 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

OK, now we're even for all the times I corrected your grammar. 😄

Not quite, but to be fair, I always welcomed your corrections.

UzzCQAU.png: Well, what do you think?

lBoucbJ.jpg: I wanted to carry on my senpai's legacy...but not like this.

UzzCQAU.png: Well, I think you look great!

A shame Wrys's demise prevented you from doing the same to yourself, eh?

N0sn8qf.png

Having spent the greater part of 5 minutes trying to think of a witty name that related to Spear of Suicide AND fit in the character limit, I eventually just gave up.

To be fair, in my LP I called it the "S. of Suicide", but it's all right. This fits Matthis like a glove.

YufQcX2.png

High collars must be the fashion in Archeanea.

Looking like a bad guy, too. That dude's just a minor officer, why does he look like the final boss of something?

MNTvtPq.png

Lang....calling someone a moron...

Lang.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Hey don't make fun of him. He has cancer.

dTZc2vb.png

Language, sir! I don't know why, but fan translations of FE games always seem to trend towards vulgarity.

Probably because they don't have to deal with ratings, controversy, public image, censorship and terrible executives.

iDuIqDU.png

Not bad! Double digits, everyone!

Strength is his game. The battlefield? His playground.

QMm5WsK.png

Luke, who totally does not have hair right now, gets a level. That's not magic.

Luke's magic growth as a curate is 10%. I expect we'll see this phrase a lot.

That being said, please don't relent. This is a great joke.

Arran's a beast.

JUZ93a8.jpg: Thank you- *cough*

UzzCQAU.png: Are you OK?

JUZ93a8.jpg: Yes...it's called "Incurable Cough of Death." I only have a few months to live.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...I thought it was asthma.

I mean, have you seen his Cypher card? That's extremely explicit.

Qhi32td.png

I miscalculated the other Cav's range, and Arran ends up taking attacks from him AND the Dracoknight. Thankfully, he would have survived even if he hadn't dodged the latter.

The perks of having good defense. You have to dote over squishies like they're priceless Ming vases. Not tanks, though. You can throw those anywhere. In ironman runs, it's extremely reassuring to know you can count on some people to live.

B3PIR3x.png

Everyone makes mistakes.

UzzCQAU.png: OK, I'm gonna go on break.

I love that the argument about mathematics was so awful, it cause the update to end.

I love that the argument about mathematics was so awful, it cause the update to end.

Well, the real reason is that I had to get off the laptop so my brother could play Minecraft. Such are the tragedies of a large family...

Probably because they don't have to deal with ratings, controversy, public image, censorship and terrible executives.

I have mixed feelings on this. Part of me wants to keep Fire Emblem a series I can play with my parents in the room, but part of me really wants the option to call Edelgard a [Censored] when she [Spoilers][Spoilers][Spoilers] for [Spoilers][Spoilers]

UzzCQAU.png: Now, where were we?

X2lTbkv.jpg: A throwaway boss' generic line sparked a philosophical argument between the entire army.

UzzCQAU.png: Got it, thanks!

Battle, Part 2

Spoiler

Ey5MKH7.png

Last time, Castor got 'spated by the boss.

8aXBZ4m.png

The Stonehoist targets Linde instead, but thankfully, he misses.

B5Qo3J5.png

The knights have been drawn out! Mission successful!

MccTWyH.png

Arran has also managed to bring the Dracoknight right into the middle of our army.

yeSJx1T.png

He is duly killed.

2Q9aLmM.png

Speed! Beautiful Speed!

SZm363L.png

As for the Cavalier, Marth weakens him...

4fxb4s9.png

...wow.

gpkRRA6.png

...so that Matthis can get the kill. As usual.

MVq2smy.png

As for the knights, Linde Auras the first in the row.

BBi0C8Z.png

That's a good level!

PcAyzBS.png

Castor walks forward a step and takes a vulnerary. The Javelin Knight can't hurt him, and the AI is too dumb to move him out of the way so that the Steel Lance can attack, so the only source of danger for him is the Ballistas.

ysND6M5.png

ncvBSBD.png

Luke takes Marth's advice and looks in the convoy. Heals galor!

Cnru147.png

Ooh, looks like Marth has a conga line going on!

ilEe1n9.png: We have no such thing.

2pmXNs4.png

Castor gets 'spated again. Things aren't looking so hot for him...

SJVG7xr.png

Hey...what if we retreated? Then, we could fight the Knights on our own terms, without worrying about the Ballistas?

JUZ93a8.jpg: Technically, the plural is Ballistae.

UzzCQAU.png: Is it, though?

IFwEDAi.png

Here we are!

3y09sGi.png

Barst also gets in range of Dracoknight number 2.

WMIiQmF.png

Castor, sadly, fails to dodge the Stonehoist, but the damage isn't too significant. The JavKnight can't hurt him, the SteelKnight can't kill him, and he's out of range of the boss.

qYJHi12.png

Exactly as planned.

aQAqPGO.png

This happens, as well.

1Ev2xrO.png

This too. He can't double, unfortunately.

IfKs6Wd.png

Meanwhile, at the southern isle, Linde kills the SteelKnight and simultaneously heals her damage from the Stonehoist.

cZImyHb.png

Catria kills the JavKnight...

vDKR5nX.png

...with a lucky crit preventing her from taking a counterattack. It's official; criticals are the new Cancel.

pY9Qetf.png

Caeda sits in this fort and prepares to unleash my master plan...

UzzCQAU.png: MWAHAHAHAHA!

7ImyDWc.png

Oh, and Gordin gets a kill.

0IWFRZy.png

Since Dracoknight #3 has an axe, Ogma will be our baiter today.

lYaSvoP.png

Caeda dodges the Stonehoist. I love it when a plan comes together...

EsRDsyw.png

Unfortunately, Ogma neither doubles nor dodges. Still fine, though.

f0l6fJq.png

Now, time for my master plan! Caeda rushes in-

Um...she's in range of the Arrowspate.

Never mind that! She can take an attack, then ride into the blind spot, where nothing can attack her-

M53Fetl.png

...never mind.

OK, new plan: literally that plan, but Marth's Team kills the cavs first.

tWooiVC.png

Ea0juuo.png

Speaking of Marth's team, this set of circumstances is giving me a curious case of deja vu.

UzzCQAU.png: ...I'm gonna sing the song.

lBoucbJ.jpg: Please don't.

UzzCQAU.pngDEJA VU! I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE!

UzzCQAU.pngI don't know the rest.

yT1cRdF.png

Yes please gimme gimme Hammerne

AylpQGG.png

9NHf8tf.png

Ogma weakens the thief, getting an OK level...

tngabaG.png

ph7bylz.png

...and Gordin picks him off, also getting an OK level. Of course, he now has the highest Strength of anyone in the army...

wQvoE6R.png

Marth grabs his Rapier, a vulnerary, and faces the Cavaliers head on.

iLMF4tR.png

It goes well.

CwJ08aM.png

RaSITv6.png

UVyxToN.png

The classic Gord-Matt combo strikes again, getting the latter half a decent level.

f7rORhB.png

Arran swoops into action, weakening a Cav and pushing himself over the exp threshold.

lCqUnrq.png

u3In59Z.png

hIxB4p3.png

Barst finishes him off, and Marth starts working on the final one.

VnfDCX3.png

Y5k3pZl.png

Luke gets a healing level. That's not magic.

uvtVDQ7.png

Ltz5w9q.png

Gord-Matt combo.

AUejpN4.png

Now, I can finally put my master plan into action!

LYSntjZ.png

She didn't even get 'spated.

Basically, I spent the next 10 turns or so wailing on these Ballisticians. You can call it boss abuse. I call it stop using Psychic you Hadrosaurusing Priest.

EB1Vb3D.png

Of course, it's worth it, because Caeda gets what's more or less a perfect level.

bDfHZIy.png: Isn't it funny? The look in their eyes as they slowly meet their demise, helpless to protect themselves...

UzzCQAU.png: ...Caeda, are you a psychopath?

bDfHZIy.png: No, I'm saying Ballisticians suck.

6ebssoD.png

Matthis and Arran want in on the fun, too! Also, don't believe in those numbers. That's the gate talking.

fN7C7yD.png

KeAOQc1.png

Caeda strikes the final blow...

sM5YO0J.png

...gaining another amazing level. Really, now: Speed capped, at level 1, even after a reduction from the reclass. Let it never be said that Caeda isn't awesome.

fgUNIC4.png

Gemini is also obtained. Were this the Tellius games, it would be perfect for a Tome user, but alas, no.

WJEoyDB.png

On his way to the castle, Marth grabs a Steel Sword from the armory. I was going to buy more, but I used up all my money on help i tried. Oh, well.

w8994bW.png

VyU2Ko5.png

Now, time for a C a S t L e  L e V e L, baby!

GBKgcsE.png

Ah. Welcome to Stat Shaming with Jagen, the part of the show where Jagen roasts the MyUnit for having a low value in a particular stat.

UzzCQAU.png: OOH!

UzzCQAU.png: Everybody's got a Magic growth!

UzzCQAU.png: Mine is high but his is low.JUZ93a8.jpg

UzzCQAU.png: Why we have them, I don’t know,

UzzCQAU.png: but everybody's got a MAGIC GROOOOOOOOOOWTH!

ilEe1n9.png: Stop it, stop it! What do you think you’re doing? You can't say everyone's got a magic growth when everyone has NOT got a magic growth! 

ilEe1n9.png: We're going to get nasty letters from the GBA characters saying "Where's my magic growth? Why don't I have a magic growth?"

ilEe1n9.png: Are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so. STOP. BEING. SO. SILLY.

PaarvpQ.png

It turns out to be a moot point, since the stat in question is Strength.

80lRD6k.png

Hey, at least they acknowledge you could be a mage. Or a Myrmidon, but those guys don't stand a chance.

Tune in next time for castle battle action!

Death Counter:

Wrys

Edited by KnightOfNohr

On 8/2/2019 at 11:33 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

g94vZgE.jpg: Uhh...can I can get some voices of reason in the room?

Sorry Luke I tried to save your hair, but that ancient risk of democracy, the tyranny of the majority, reared its ugly head.

First things first, recruitment!

dTZc2vb.png

The first of this game's Triangle Attacks has been fully recruited, although how much use it sees has yet to be seen.

JUZ93a8.jpg: That expecting us to dodge fatal blows is futile, and that the best strategy is to avoid sending soldiers who can't take many hits to deal with more than a few enemies?

Listen to your Jagen, dodge strats will bite you in the iron man, especially with the roughly half avoid this game has.

bDfHZIy.png: Isn't it funny? The look in their eyes as they slowly meet their demise, helpless to protect themselves...

This is why there are no playable Ballisticians in this game, Caeda made it perfectly clear what would happen to them if they brought that awful weapon to Marth's army again. Caeda hates them so much that if she ever became the empress of Archanea she would make sure Ballistician would not be seen on the continent in over 2,000 years (I mean there are no Ballistae in Awakening...).

yT1cRdF.png

Yes please gimme gimme Hammerne

That's a bit of a close call with how close that thief got.

Basically, I spent the next 10 turns or so wailing on these Ballisticians. You can call it boss abuse. I call it stop using Psychic you Hadrosaurusing Priest.

Too bad you missed out on the physic drop, although its only safe to attempt to get on the last turn.

9 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Everybody's got a MAGIC GROOOOOOOOOOWTH!

A lot of character class combinations have no magic growth at all, even in this game...

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Caeda is behaving more and more like Saint Rubenio's TRS Sasha every minute. Are we sure she will flirt with people to recruit them and not, say, threaten to torture them unless they betray their friends/family/army?

23 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

part of me really wants the option to call Edelgard a [Censored] when she [Spoilers][Spoilers][Spoilers] for [Spoilers][Spoilers]

Believe me, I know the feeling. Especially when I still thought [spoilers] was [spoilers]. Good thing they [spoilers].

2Q9aLmM.png

Speed! Beautiful Speed!

Your Gordin is pretty awesome. Normally he isn't this good. Let's hope he keeps it up.

4fxb4s9.png

...wow.

Who said Marth is bad?

qYJHi12.png

Exactly as planned.

And even then it managed to go about as badly as it could possibly have. That's FE for ya.

f0l6fJq.png

Now, time for my master plan! Caeda rushes in-

Um...she's in range of the Arrowspate.

Never mind that! She can take an attack, then ride into the blind spot, where nothing can attack her-

M53Fetl.png

...never mind.

I tend to unleash General Arran on these guys. General Arran is the easiest way to handle the early game, really.

sM5YO0J.png

...gaining another amazing level. Really, now: Speed capped, at level 1, even after a reduction from the reclass. Let it never be said that Caeda isn't awesome.

I don't think anyone really says that.

Ah. Welcome to Stat Shaming with Jagen, the part of the show where Jagen roasts the MyUnit for having a low value in a particular stat.

I always did love these. With a lame enough MU, they can get quite entertaining.

My favourite one is later on. You'll see it, with any luck. It tends to go poorly for Mages as well.

80lRD6k.png

Hey, at least they acknowledge you could be a mage. Or a Myrmidon, but those guys don't stand a chance.

Well, armorslayer.

On 8/4/2019 at 11:59 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I tend to unleash General Arran on these guys. General Arran is the easiest way to handle the early game, really..

UzzCQAU.png: Yeah, I really think it is.

UzzCQAU.pngTOO BAD I CAN'T HAVE HIM

I don't think anyone really says that

I've seen a few people claim that, because the enemy army is no longer 90% Knights and Cavaliers, she's not nearly as good as in SD. Though, honestly, that just downgrades her from SUPER BROKEN to Top Tier.

22 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

My Myrmidon/Sword Master FMU is kicking Anklyosari in a Maniac run of this game, so don't be dissing that class too much before you try it.

I meant that Mymridons are a generally poor choice to go up against Knights and Generals. Their low strength and weapon disadvantage means that they're often unable to even damage them, and they take a beating in return. Armorslayers do help, though-especially in a game without weight like this one.

A lot of character class combinations have no magic growth at all, even in this game...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ltG37Bbx1qk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By way of explanation.

4YH9M77.png

Our team for today. I'd bring Bord for Hammer, but he can't even double the Knights, so I'll take my chances with Barst.

Tvc7RJx.png

god5XQZ.png

Oh, ambush spawns. Better watch out for those.

36Mll3O.png

Qzlg3rc.png

Guys, I'm not sure that's Navarre.

RcgLeFG.png

Guys I'm not sure that's Navarre.

5P1WwQz.png

First turn positions: Marth and Caeda prepare to take on the knights with their effective weapons.

tgBspda.png

Caeda drinks a Pure Water, grabs a Javelin, and prepares to fight the Mages.

w6dGoA1.png

cZQSVQD.png

Everyone else move in formation.

TGe3BFg.png

GCqFNfc.png

The Altean Royalty takes care of the knights without too much difficulty.

uvdqgNX.png

Catria does pretty good as well, dodging the Elfire.

FInk7kP.png

She even gets a good level out of it.

spyF4Np.png

Oh...so much for spawn-blocking.

h8EHmpC.png

Linde kills the Javelin Knight, dodging the counter, to boot.

rq7aLmd.png

Caeda gets healed so that she can kill the Mage without dying, which she does.

ul2NZIc.png

Now, time for my super-strategic maneuver. James attacks this Mage from 1 range...

slOsQ17.png

Oh...he crit.

Well, the only difference between this and my original plan is that Gordin doesn't get the kill.

PBXCOTV.png

Marth kills the final Knight, getting another unnecessary critical.

KQsetpy.png

Oh, nevermind. The reinforcements were for us. Good thing we didn't spawn-block them.

fIVT7Qy.png

There are still enemy ambush-ers, though. we best be wary.

eHujz2c.png

Caeda reaches the northeast corner of the map, and starts on the Psychic Bishop. Why not kill the Swarm one, you ask? Because this guy can heal as much damage as I can deal, and I'd rather deal with these guys sooner, rather than later.

fvqyCB7.png

Marth gets a Heal...

eNYOvyF.png

Catria gets a Secret Book (which is going to Barst. No questions asked.)

3o9JyrX.png

...and everyone turtles up against the wall, in fear of the ensuing reinforcement.

jCqIBKO.png

That's...less intimidating than I expected.

mocxM04.png

Barst, of course, is the one to take on the puny soldier.

DmbQ4B3.png

Everyone else regroups, as well.

slSk1Yt.png

uPhND8r.png

...he misses. This is why you need Skill, Barst.

5aKdKSW.png

Loathe as I am to do it, it's all hands on deck here, and Norne is forced to get a kill.

Ee6dGKA.png

Ogma slays an armor...

evjYGc3.png

Frey, being the only one who can, attacks the southernmost soldier, sadly failing to crit.

1uvzrB4.png

Caeda kills the other soldier...

gOBD7lZ.png

(Getting a great level. Hey, Gordin, she's matched you!)

sma0e3A.png

DxSV30b.png

...while Ryan and Castor tag-team the Archer.

Ylcjskd.png

WZMWjRA.png

Gordin assists Barst in getting the kill. Despite his great bases, he only starts at level 5, which compounds with his good growths to make him one of the best Axers in the game.

RJZhqhg.png

See?

Cl3JwlT.png

Catria finishes off the Swarm Bishop, getting a good level...

W3EcKSn.png

...and a door key.

1tCi90l.png

Marth finally makes it to the chests, grabbing a Barrier staff.

TcjtXQK.png'

eoRAG0S.png

Linde takes a hit, but that's what Nosferatu's for.

Rn6MGr9.png

Speed! Hoorah!

nWSFDAX.png

...then, the ambush comes in. Frey takes a pretty bad hit.

eEbJCKr.png

Come on, if you're going to get lucky, can you dodge the attack that does more than 2 damage?

i7LKGuF.png

Oh no, oh no, oh no-

gMbjRCV.png

...He couldn't reach him.

I don't know who decided Archers should have a movement speed as slow as Knights, but whoever it was just saved Frey's life.

OWx8rj2.png

Caeda gets a quick heal from Lukey-boy.

CHKoB4N.png

That's not magic.

lBoucbJ.jpg: It's OK, James. I'm due.

UzzCQAU.png: ...what do you mean, you're due?

lBoucbJ.jpg: You said I have a 10% chance of getting better at Magic each time I level up, right?

UzzCQAU.png: Yesssssss.

lBoucbJ.jpg: Once I hit level 11, I'll have leveled up ten times. Mathematically, I'm likely to gain Magic at least once by then.

UzzCQAU.png: That's...not how statistics works.

ilEe1n9.png: No, actually. It's true that real-life statistics like in sports don't function that way, but in a pure mathematical vacuum like this, it does. The chance of Luke failing to gain 

ilEe1n9.pngMagic in one level is 90%, or 0.9. The chance if he gets two levels is 0.9 x 0.9, or 0.9^2, or 0.81. For three levels,  0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9, or 0.9^3, or 0.729, etc.

ilEe1n9.png: 0.9^10 is, rounded up, 0.35. So the chances of him not gaining Magic by level 11 are 35%, so the chances that he does are, on average, 65%.

ilEe1n9.png: Not quite "due"-but still fairly likely.

lBoucbJ.jpg: HA! See?

UzzCQAU.png: ...you just broke the 4th wall. Massively.

ilEe1n9.png: Did I, now?

TNx845k.png

With that discussion out of the way, Caeda brutally kills the Archer who came far too close to killing Frey.

WwChEM3.png

James picks off the Knight...

zwe9bgE.png

...and Barst kills the Soldier.

3GQVAI1.png

z7zpadp.png

This is our defensive formation for the last wave of reinforcements.

ZZBxPsB.png

Oh, and Marth nabs an underrated Awakening character.

J0NsMt1.png

It shall be Gordin's, and Gordin's alone.

u5BE5pk.png

MN1EvWA.png

Ryan had a close call, here, but he survived because the FE AI is really stupid.

dLY4vzk.png

He even gets doubled! Why?

Oh well. I'm not complaining.

lqg9xXK.png

Castor picks off the Archer.

T1HQZxL.png

...Maybe I will use Roger.

NNchKkE.png

James also finishes off the Knight. I don't know about you, but it's always so satisfying when an attack has juust enough damage to one-shot.

ThosEpP.png

If you're wondering what I'm doing here, I'm making sure the Archeaneans are out of reinforcements. I'd rather be alive than fast.

Me, 2017: What does LTC stand for?

No, I really asked that. Ruben will attest.

XEmsQUF.png

People cautiously move up...

GDfWhi4.png

Marth continues looting.

oXLLhTN.png

Oh...hey. Cool. To those of you who complain how drab and dreary the DS games are...

UzzCQAU.pngADJUST THE MAP BRIGHTNESS YOU PLEBIANS!!

Now...what terrors lie on the other side of this door?

QbtkZwr.png: Everyone knows already.

UzzCQAU.png: I don't! To find out, tune in next time on...

UzzCQAU.png: KNIGHTOFNOHR'S FE12 IRONMAN!

[Roundabout by YES plays]

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys