Diving Into The World of Emulation: A New Mystery Ironman

KnightOfNohr

Guess who's starting school in a week!

Me, that's who. Just a quick status update letting y'all know that posting pace will slow down pretty soon...don't worry, I'll make sure the next chapters up by Sunday.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2019 at 3:50 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You're... not going to recruit Minerva?

Have you seen the state of your army, man? Minerva's a godsend for you right now! You use rescue for everything already, why not this?

UzzCQAU.png: Look, I already had to use one use up on Etzel, and with movement issues, I may not even have been able to outrun the heroes. Is Minerva really worth the risk?

pVm5N0B.png: Yes.

Ue6eFEk.png: Yes.

lBoucbJ.jpg: Yes.

UzzCQAU.png: Deinonychus

Ah, Etzel. I love this man. He's a great character, he's got a great design, and he's a great unit in this game. Best Mage in the game, bar none, sporting great bases, great ranks (Excalibur at base!), decent bulk for a Mage... he's just all sorts of awesome.

Pictured, why Etzel is awesome. A lesser Mage would've died.

He is pretty great. A team mainstay for sure.

He's also the namesake of a playable Bishop from FE6. Which I feel is more relevant, this being a FE forum and all.

Well, I prefer to call him Yoda, so...

Battle, Part 1

Spoiler

wEZUzWZ.png

Hey, it's the analysis thing! Let's see how it goes...

GolB5ze.png

Ahh yeah

ldcENgk.png

I presume it's the Resistance one that's your favorite, Ruben.

ecTQpmf.png

Fire Emblem: Three Houses (2019)

JJcG4Vr.png

Also, another conversation between these two.

0HJWqET.png

NMeifuA.png

jHdsoyH.png

hyTC72G.png

Fun fact: I actually hate strawberries.

kI7dNHS.png

GRoccAR.png

They're just so sour to my mouth. It makes me cringe to eat them.

i7eechj.png

ihOmAcB.png

Oh, and they often have squishy bits, which make me very uncomfortable.

VNl8usa.png

I do love bananas and pears, though.

o3KKKGB.png

I'm not a fan of oranges, and I despise artificial orange. It makes me feel sick.

EVt0jLn.png

I am fond of orange juice, however. As long as there's no pulp.

Z8DBVYU.png

I honestly prefer vegetables to fruit, however. I love a nice, fresh cucumber, bell pepper, or celery stick.

iBPu8X2.png

I've also always liked broccoli, and was always weirded out by TV characters and the like rejecting it. "Why are you going 'ick, broccoli?' IT'S DELICIOUS!" ~Young KnightOfNohr

8ysW2us.png

On the other hand, I really don't like vegetables on pizza. They don't taste nice and fresh like they do uncooked, and they don't taste savory like every other part of the pizza. It just doesn't mesh well.

I888uGH.png

Did you know that my brother hates pizza? He says it's because of the tomato sauce, but he also refuses to try sauce-less pizza...

OvwqUvt.png

But I think I've talked enough about food for the time being.

6rHvZgf.png

Judging by his expression: yes.

o1Y4mQJ.png

Anyway: Marth gets the Boots by popular demand.

bF0hEAu.png

Today's team.

WkYPCZ0.png

IeEZuvr.png

tmo6Vi0.png

4AAh95A.png

It's Thoron! I mean, it's Elrean!

nzFYNhx.png

But he still didn't get Excalibur.

Y0Nj5rY.gif: This is outrageous. It's unfair. How you be an apprentice, and not have Excalibur?

NY8RDz1.png

So...I do this.

I'll not mince words here: Merric dies. This was my fault. I didn't want to use the Rescue staff, because I thought there was a "way" I was supposed to do it. I looked it up, and apparently, most people just used the Rescue staff. Or, you know, Flyers...but I'm a bit short in that department.

In conclusion...he dies. I'm sorry for being incompetent.

Seriously, I didn't even Pure Water! WHY?

3RWRWln.png

Palla, being my only flyer--aaaaaand now I realize I probably should have kept Sirius as a Dracoknight. Sigh. Swarmguy #1 dies.

K8cJJOC.png

Sirius moves over and kills this Cleric before she starts becoming annoying.

What Silver Card

P6JjGSN.png

Wendell starts robbing his own school. ...presumably. I didn't end up using this, but I probably would have if I realized that this Silences all the enemies. ALL THE ENEMIES.

UzzCQAU.png: This update is just hindsight after hindsight, isn't it?

LKoiJgA.png

Luke borrows Thief, and...

This contextualized screenshot is a joke in of itself.

XIVAnuU.png

Not magic.

iXPBmFV.png

Buzz buzz.

dNeGMNp.png

Y0Nj5rY.gif: If you're not with me...then you're my enemy.

swE8E5S.png: Only a Dark Mage deals in absolutes.

Y0Nj5rY.gif: Then you're a Dark Mage.

swE8E5S.png: Oh dear. You're right.

g4cMaxb.png

lY0wA2v.png

Sirius kills a Mage.

5Ysdehy.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---phew, he didn't crit. 13% odds, if you can read past the flash-bang.

wR7U8b3.png

If you had only gotten Strength last level...

J5gNKmN.png

Top 10 Photos Taken Seconds Before Disaster.

tVeNkn0.png

aVoeAnf.png

The irony here is that with an actually competent player, Merric dying means that Elice has to get eaten by a dragon. Of course, on this playthrough, she's going to no matter what, so...

g0GriIA.png

Anyway, Swarmguy #2 dies.

6FbgQ5z.png

OK, that's pretty good.

XqrdC2i.png

Frey kills the western Cleric.

0ncUTUg.png

Or, at least, he tries to.

vCrnVWl.png

Ow.

pSLYYE7.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--oh. Once again, he failed to crit.

m0XesJb.png

Now, James weakens this Mage. He's not a huge threat, but he can kill Frey at his HP level. So, what do I do in this situation?

8izBW6O.png

I RISK HIS LIFE ON A 71% CHANCE

Tl5b0mJ.png

AND HE FAILS

XirrQ1y.png

And now, you understand why it took me so long to upload this.

fVsChUs.png

UzzCQAU.png: SO

UzzCQAU.png: Homework for today: list one way I could have handled this situation to avoid any deaths.

UzzCQAU.png: For extra credit: KnightOfNohr was on a mixture of sleep deprivation and which narcotic while playing this chapter?

UzzCQAU.png: See you tomorrow.

Reset Counter: 2 (Marth)

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey

UzzCQAU.png: Hey, I'm one death away from officially doing worse than Ruben.

2 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

But... There's already a Yoda in Tear Ring Saga! I know that's technically not FE, but Kaga made it and got sued because it was basically PS1 FE, so... bottom-line, call him Yoder, will ya?

I presume it's the Resistance one that's your favorite, Ruben.

Ahahah, you've guessed correctly. I can only hope we get to see it. Thankfully, even Mages have mediocre res in this game, and I'm fairly sure the threshold to get anything but the worst result is quite high, so...

Besides, even if we just get the middling scene, the funniest thing about it is not the scene itself, but what comes after it.

EVt0jLn.png

Interrupting the food rant to rant about this: in Shadow Dragon, after her father's death, Linde had to pretend to be a boy to slip away, and was unlucky enough to be captured by slave traders and kept in the Knorda slave market until Marth arrived to liberate Archanea. He tried to send her away, but an embittered and enraged Linde insisted on joining the army so she could kill Gharnef with her own two hands.

She had a horrible life and it did a number on her, but in this game she's apparently just sheltered animuh gurl.

They did her dirty in this game, I must say. Even the portrait's worse. The pose is so generic, compared to that over-the-shoulder glare she rolls in Shadow Dragon.

4AAh95A.png

It's Thoron! I mean, it's Elrean!

Take that back right now! Elrean is amazing!

Y0Nj5rY.gif: This is outrageous. It's unfair. How you be an apprentice, and not have Excalibur?

You--

...okay, he actually is a lot like Annie, but... he's still great!

NY8RDz1.png

So...I do this.

I'll not mince words here: Merric dies. This was my fault. I didn't want to use the Rescue staff, because I thought there was a "way" I was supposed to do it. I looked it up, and apparently, most people just used the Rescue staff. Or, you know, Flyers...but I'm a bit short in that department.

Frankly, I have no idea how he's supposed to live without getting rescued, or rushing to Elrean with Dracoknight!Wendell. Elrean moves, and even if he didn't, moving anywhere beyond his range from the throne lands Merric right within reach of the Sniper. He hasn't the slightest chance of survival.

K8cJJOC.png

What Silver Card

Jikes... that's bad, but admittedly, they could've hinted at it. No way blind players are going to know they aren't supposed to murder healers, like always.

P6JjGSN.png

Wendell starts robbing his own school. ...presumably. I didn't end up using this, but I probably would have if I realized that this Silences all the enemies. ALL THE ENEMIES.

Well, don't lose sleep over it. A single turn of not getting electrocuted by Elrean would not have saved Merric.

LKoiJgA.png

Luke borrows Thief, and...

This contextualized screenshot is a joke in of itself.

More so because this staff cannot open chests. So you've used a staff that can open locks, but only chest locks, in order to get a staff that can open locks, but only door locks. Is this "powercreep"?

Y0Nj5rY.gif: If you're not with me...then you're my enemy.

swE8E5S.png: Only a Dark Mage deals in absolutes.

Y0Nj5rY.gif: Then you're a Dark Mage.

swE8E5S.png: Oh dear. You're right.

This is even funnier when you consider that Etzel is on the other side of the map.

Y0Nj5rY.gif If you're not with me... then you're my enemy!

swE8E5S.png Only a Dark Mage deals in absolutes!

Y0Nj5rY.gif WHAT!?

swE8E5S.png I SAID, ONLY A DARK MAGE DEALS IN ABSOLUTES!

Y0Nj5rY.gifA BANK PAGE HEALS IN HAND SALUTES!? WHAT?!

swE8E5S.png OOOONLY A DAAAAAARK MAAAAAAAAAGE DEEEEEALS IN ABSOLUTEEEEEEEEES!!

Y0Nj5rY.gif...this is going nowhere.

5Ysdehy.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---phew, he didn't crit. 13% odds, if you can read past the flash-bang.

I hate these bastards. They're the reason I only dare kill the swarm Bishops when Feena's around to bail the killer out of there.

And yet here you are, risking Palla's life on a 13%. When will you learn?

m0XesJb.png

Now, James weakens this Mage. He's not a huge threat, but he can kill Frey at his HP level. So, what do I do in this situation?

8izBW6O.png

He survived chapter 6 for this.

fVsChUs.png

Jesus Christ, that was rotten luck. On top of the tactical blunders, you were just unlucky.

On the bright side, it's looking like both of my favourite Jacket Bros are getting used! They're... your last hope for a Cavalier, at this point.

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey

How I wish I could say this pleases me.

On the bright side, you're still a long way from beating my FE6 score. Man, that was one hell of a shitshow.

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Does one of the translations actually call him that? I thought it was either Yodel or Yoder, If so point me towards that patch because it sounds ridiculous.

VNl8usa.png

Sorry to interrupt your food rant with a food rant, but it really bugs me that they didn't mention the most obvious difference between wild and domestic strawberries, the size. Wild strawberries are really tiny compared to their domestic variety. As for them being "misshapen", wild strawberries tend to be more rounded and berry shaped, unlike that more distinctive wedge like shape of a lot of the domestic variety get, and the difference in color is more about how long you wait until you pick them.

On the other hand, I really don't like vegetables on pizza. They don't taste nice and fresh like they do uncooked, and they don't taste savory like every other part of the pizza. It just doesn't mesh well. 

Vegetables on pizza are there to counter balance, and compliment the savory elements. If you stack savory on top of savory you overwhelm the palate and undermine the experience, but the right kinda vegetables can balance those flavors out.

3 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

6rHvZgf.png

Judging by his expression: yes. 

James knows exactly how that date is going to end.

NY8RDz1.png

So...I do this.

Yeah that's a trap every first time player falls into, as it really seems like there should be a way to deal with that other than the rescue staff. I really hope that Excalibur tome ends up in the convoy for next chapter, as it helps a lot against the far worse desert chapter that is chapter 11...

8 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

K8cJJOC.png

What Silver Card

Plus if you kill too many of them you will need to LTC for the gaiden. Then again 10x has a high chance for an unlucky death for very little benefit.

5Ysdehy.png

I hate how they positioned those two shaver mages, that effective damage let's them threaten the flier that can deal with the swarmers the easiest, so you usually want to either dance, or use one of promoted infantry classes that can enter the water with a ranged weapon.

Tl5b0mJ.png

AND HE FAILS

XirrQ1y.png

And now, you understand why it took me so long to upload this.

fVsChUs.png

Ouch...that went poorly, too bad you couldn't have physiced him before his attack, although if no one else could reach I guess that wouldn't have saved him in the end...

KnightOfNohr, Ruben went into his New Mystery iron man run having completed it multiple times, and on harder difficulties, you've made it clear this was your first time emulating this game. That previous experience Ruben had to draw upon (most of which can't be learned by simply watching someone else play) gave him an extra edge you don't have, so don't feel bad or be discouraged that your units are dying earlier than his, or if you miss secret items or ending.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But... There's already a Yoda in Tear Ring Saga! I know that's technically not FE, but Kaga made it and got sued because it was basically PS1 FE, so... bottom-line, call him Yoder, will ya?

Oh. I was not informed of this. Yoder it is.

Interrupting the food rant to rant about this: in Shadow Dragon, after her father's death, Linde had to pretend to be a boy to slip away, and was unlucky enough to be captured by slave traders and kept in the Knorda slave market until Marth arrived to liberate Archanea. He tried to send her away, but an embittered and enraged Linde insisted on joining the army so she could kill Gharnef with her own two hands.

She had a horrible life and it did a number on her, but in this game she's apparently just sheltered animuh gurl.

They did her dirty in this game, I must say. Even the portrait's worse. The pose is so generic, compared to that over-the-shoulder glare she rolls in Shadow Dragon.

Yeah, I like them together, but I wish their supports were better. Even their C--well, 1-Support, which touched upon this, was basically just:

"I'm an orphan."

"Me too! We have so much in common!"

Take that back right now! Elrean is amazing!

You--

...okay, he actually is a lot like Annie, but... he's still great!

Don't worry, he's getting used. I'm going to milk the Anakin jokes for all they're worth.

Frankly, I have no idea how he's supposed to live without getting rescued, or rushing to Elrean with Dracoknight!Wendell. Elrean moves, and even if he didn't, moving anywhere beyond his range from the throne lands Merric right within reach of the Sniper. He hasn't the slightest chance of survival.

Yeah, basically this.

Well, don't lose sleep over it. A single turn of not getting electrocuted by Elrean would not have saved Merric.

YES BUT IT COULD HAVE SAVED FREY

This is even funnier when you consider that Etzel is on the other side of the map.

Y0Nj5rY.gif If you're not with me... then you're my enemy!

swE8E5S.png Only a Dark Mage deals in absolutes!

Y0Nj5rY.gif WHAT!?

swE8E5S.png I SAID, ONLY A DARK MAGE DEALS IN ABSOLUTES!

Y0Nj5rY.gifA BANK PAGE HEALS IN HAND SALUTES!? WHAT?!

swE8E5S.png OOOONLY A DAAAAAARK MAAAAAAAAAGE DEEEEEALS IN ABSOLUTEEEEEEEEES!!

Y0Nj5rY.gif...this is going nowhere.

First, this is great.

Second, I chose Etzel, as opposed to Wendell, because he actually is a Dark Mage. Or, a promoted one, at least.

I hate these bastards. They're the reason I only dare kill the swarm Bishops when Feena's around to bail the killer out of there.

And yet here you are, risking Palla's life on a 13%. When will you learn?

Never.

He survived chapter 6 for this.

Jesus Christ, that was rotten luck. On top of the tactical blunders, you were just unlucky.

On the bright side, it's looking like both of my favourite Jacket Bros are getting used! They're... your last hope for a Cavalier, at this point.

I know...it wasn't even a meaningful sacrifice like Chapter 6 would have been. I just took a stupid risk when there were far better options and he died from it. It's my fault...he died from my own stupidity...

But, hey. Jacket bois! Well, technically, I was thinking of making Malice a Cavalier...and when she hits 20, I'll switch her over to Pegasus Knight and give her the Elysian Whip.

pVm5N0B.png: Oh, yes...the one Caeda deserved far more...my poor, beautiful Caeda...

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Vegetables on pizza are there to counter balance, and compliment the savory elements. If you stack savory on top of savory you overwhelm the palate and undermine the experience, but the right kinda vegetables can balance those flavors out.

Maybe it's that way for some people, but not for me. I do rather like mushrooms on pizza, however.

Yeah that's a trap every first time player falls into, as it really seems like there should be a way to deal with that other than the rescue staff. I really hope that Excalibur tome ends up in the convoy for next chapter, as it helps a lot against the far worse desert chapter that is chapter 11...

From my extensive experience of having people die in this game, their items are returned to the convoy. Sadly, I'm not sure I have anyone with B tomes.

swE8E5S.png: Ahem.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...nice.

Plus if you kill too many of them you will need to LTC for the gaiden. Then again 10x has a high chance for an unlucky death for very little benefit.

Yeah...Roro's up the wazoo. That crit bonus is super annoying.

pVm5N0B.png: Hmm...if only we had a powerful sword user with high luck...

pVm5N0B.png: OH WAIT. WE DID.

Ouch...that went poorly, too bad you couldn't have physiced him before his attack, although if no one else could reach I guess that wouldn't have saved him in the end...

Oh, just wait until I complete the map...

KnightOfNohr, Ruben went into his New Mystery iron man run having completed it multiple times, and on harder difficulties, you've made it clear this was your first time emulating this game. That previous experience Ruben had to draw upon (most of which can't be learned by simply watching someone else play) gave him an extra edge you don't have, so don't feel bad or be discouraged that your units are dying earlier than his, or if you miss secret items or ending.

It's all right. If you can't tell, I tend to exaggerate my frustration when it comes to these LPs.

UzzCQAU.png: Also, I use normal text to talk...well, normally, and use the James portrait to express exaggerated viewpoints, jokes, and interact with other characters.

Battle, Part 2:

Spoiler

BYioNtI.png

Palla finally...doesn't kill the Mercenary, because she's one Strength too weak.

cdvMdkO.png

The mage that killed Frey attacks Linde. She does fine.

Also, notice I don't call him "Frey's Killer." That honor goes to me.

9gUrgDX.png

She finishes him off on her turn.

ghWhVrS.png

James also kills a helpless Cleric, so she can't heal her pathetic friends.

mKB6m9g.png

Luke uses up the Thief staff and grabs a Large Bullion. Those familiar with FE12 will be darkly chuckling right now.

IGRkIvk.png

Not magic...but, seriously. Those stats. I'm really getting tempted to move him over to a combat class.

lBoucbJ.jpg: But...Wrys' legacy!

UzzCQAU.png: Remember those "Bald Swordmaster" memes?

lBoucbJ.jpg: Oh...that could work.

IShBshP.png

Matthis kills a Cleric with the most appropriate weapon statwise, but the least appropriate namewise.

qquwBco.png

Oh. I didn't notice he had a Killing Edge. Well, he can't one-shot even with a crit, and he should be fast enough--

Wait, this is Matthis.

NONOONONONONONNONO

YxTUwmV.png

PHEW. Disaster, narrowly averted.

UqsJgCj.png

Profited from, to boot.

d1iHsEv.png

Palla kills this Mage...

5OWlh6D.png

...and Gordin gets an unnecessary critical on the man who nearly killed Matthis.

KL5UHZc.png

Hey, is that--

vSOkCoK.png: 5 POINTS!

UzzCQAU.png: ...you know, if the Fire Emblem OVA had gotten just  one more episode...

UzzCQAU.png: ...we would have gotten to see anime Matthis.

OdbUhli.png

Speaking of which, the man himself finally breaks out the discount Spear of Suicide. It's been, what, 7 chapters?

ULADSSn.png

Ryan gets the kill.

IsKwvqO.png

...oh no. I didn't notice this guy.

This guy that can kill Ryan at his current HP level.

UzzCQAU.png: OPERATION: PANIC!

vSOkCoK.png: AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

UzzCQAU.png: AHHHHHH!

lBoucbJ.jpg: AHHHHHHHHHHHH--wait, what about Rescue?

Ue6eFEk.png: Oh, for Naga's sake...

iKwT5m9.png

Ue6eFEk.png: He's dead. You can stop now.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...thanks, Palla.

sdWUCoa.png

Sirius get picked for baiting duty.

IwnOogK.png

Pow.

X6qVfB4.png

Of course, he gets healed. James weakens him...

TgUORDL.png

...Matthis picks him off...

Ju12WNA.png

...and Ryan kills the Cleric.

0WUu5ei.png

Baiting once again falls to worse Arran.

X0Y87wt.png

That's right. Get hurt, you second-rate Arran ripoff. So what if you have high weapon ranks and actual growths?

H9L7UM3.png

Ryan whittles him down...

YujxmW4.png

...for his brother to snatch the kill.

Iak1mns.png

Luke gets an incredible level. I hardly care that it's not magic.

nkaL54P.png

Wendell prepares to talk.

MYE1t2g.png

Huh...he does attack. Imagine if he had crit...

FBltpY3.png

Y0Nj5rY.gif: I have become more powerful than any Mage can imagine!

p2a59zQ.png

Y0Nj5rY.gif: Don't you lecture me, Wendell! I have brought peace, freedom, peace, security, justice, peace, and free sand to Khadein!

E8a9cWw.png: You were the chosen one! You were supposed to fight Gharnef, not become him!

gEm3NTv.png

n0YEDks.png

FKPqiMj.png

Image result for fire emblem yoder portrait: Envy leads to anger. Anger leads to wrath. Wrath leads to suffering. And suffering...leads to the dark side.

v6YlTLI.png

Yeah, the apology's a bit late for Merric.

z2kKTSZ.png

Anyway, all that's left is to clean up and grab the last chest.

uIYE1Jh.png

DzWLbQa.png

...meh.

63ihNTH.png

YaH0Iro.png

The green haired trio will be getting the exp here, since Gordin and Palla are close to leveling.

Ue6eFEk.png: Gordin?

vSOkCoK.png: Yes?

Ue6eFEk.png: Look at my Strength stat.

vSOkCoK.png: ...

vSOkCoK.png: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

i46kfKM.png: Please calm down.

vSOkCoK.png: I'M LOSING OUT ON MY TITLE TO A PEGASUS KNIGHT. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STAY CALM?!?!

j9PIRu5.png

HniJaOR.png

Not bad, but more Speed would be nice--

vSOkCoK.png: HA! See that, Palla? We. Are. Tied. And, soon, I'll overtake you!

Ue6eFEk.png: And yet, I'll still out-damage you thanks to my Speed.

Marth opens the final chest, and...

qyWMgyP.png

why

4sxydLI.png

aEcnEYh.png

Fun fact: Ryan can one-round Mercs with the Quick Sword.

AnrsROY.png

nANPvEA.png

FE8HxTy.png

WYnYJiW.png

FpHUjJx.png

E3uFO2F.png

dFrArsS.png

PZkq8K1.png

Marth seizes, and we finally complete this map.

TrFvWzm.png

tkkyZx1.png

Gototh shows up and blathers about coprolite we don't care about because we missed the Starspheres.

mqg9Gls.png

Oh no

7oOQpnR.png

hZt7SZI.png

I can't say I don't deserve it.

sBXsGRS.png

I'm pretty sure Medeus ends up destroying the world, so...yeah. Worry.

IyISMNq.png

Oh, boy! It's the Viking Pirate and the Eyepatch Myrmidon!

You know, when you think about it, they're both pirates, one way or another.

sVM6OTu.png

James looks very suspicious.

WLrM2Ov.png

Oh, I see. These are the Beowulfs of the game, aka. the characters you have to pay real money to play as. By real money, I mean actual gold, rather than just the "royal treasury" every Lord seems to have in their back pocket. It tends to be a lot, but we just got a Large Bullion, so--

s2Pvzn5.png

...I think that's cheaper than the sum of the weapons they're carrying. Heck, it's probably cheaper than any one of their weapons.

bH0nZQx.png

See, James gets it.

E1O3i7N.png

The rumors that he's willing to hire mercenaries selling their services at a loss? I think this could have been handled more realistically if the actual gold was a down payment/initial fee of sorts, and the rest would be payed post game in back-pocket-royal-treasury money.

gXf94GV.png

First, nice hat, and the mustache is on point.

Second...oh, no. It's the desert level.

aQ5NzhT.png

On a scale of Yes to What Happened To Frey, how would you rate the decision to make Malice a Peg Knight for the Desert Level?

UzzCQAU.png: Oh, but first, we have to deal with...

UzzCQAU.png: ..."The Mask Laughs..."

pVm5N0B.png: What is that music?

Ue6eFEk.png: Is that...electric piano?

UzzCQAU.pngWho am I?

UzzCQAU.png: Am I--not unique?

UzzCQAU.png: Maybe I'm not here at all

vSOkCoK.png: Are you...singing?

i46kfKM.png: Yup. He's singing.

UzzCQAU.png: WAKE UP--GET UP--GET OUT THERE!

UzzCQAU.png: RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAINST LIARS!

UzzCQAU.png: FEED YOUR ANGER LIKE FIRE!

pVm5N0B.png: Please stop.

UzzCQAU.png: WHY DOES NOBODY WANT CHANGE?

Reset Counter: 2 (Marth)

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey

*Abandoned

14 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

But, hey. Jacket bois! Well, technically, I was thinking of making Malice a Cavalier...and when she hits 20, I'll switch her over to Pegasus Knight and give her the Elysian Whip.

pVm5N0B.png: Oh, yes...the one Caeda deserved far more...my poor, beautiful Caeda...

First, that's a good idea, but you can't ever have too many Cavaliers. Not to mention, Malice's ranks suit her best to become a Falcoknight upon promoting (she can main swords, and Falcoknight gives an instant D lance rank for javelins), whereas you'll find a couple of really solid lance Paladins or Dracoknights in Belf and Leiden. What I'm trying to tell you is, please use the jacket bois. They're great.

Second, no. Caeda does not want an Elysian Whip. Caeda's main weaknesses, in this game and the last both, are her strength and her pitiful bulk. Dracoknight fixes both. Falcoknight gives her useless swords.

44 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

From my extensive experience of having people die in this game, their items are returned to the convoy. Sadly, I'm not sure I have anyone with B tomes.

swE8E5S.png: Ahem.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...nice.

Pictured: the reason Merric is an embarrassment in this game. At least in Shadow Dragon, he had a few turns before Wendell joined. Here? It's Etzel that has a few turns before Merric joins! And Wendell has full chapters on him! He's good to Jeigan in the prologue and that's it.

15 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

It's all right. If you can't tell, I tend to exaggerate my frustration when it comes to these LPs.

In all fairness, it says more about me than you that a complete newbie can come in blind and make it all the way to Gotoh's Bullshit Test with less deaths under his belt than a guy with multiple playthroughs of experience behind him.

18 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

mKB6m9g.png

Luke uses up the Thief staff and grabs a Large Bullion. Those familiar with FE12 will be darkly chuckling right now.

Ah, yeah... not exactly sure what you're refering to, specifically, but there are so many dick-moves awaiting you to choose from... there's a reason Gotoh is one of my most hated characters in FE. It's the next few chapters.

19 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

IGRkIvk.png

Not magic...but, seriously. Those stats. I'm really getting tempted to move him over to a combat class.

lBoucbJ.jpg: But...Wrys' legacy!

UzzCQAU.png: Remember those "Bald Swordmaster" memes?

lBoucbJ.jpg: Oh...that could work.

Yeah, now that Etzel is here, Luke just looks lame in comparison. Although, to be fair, that does include a huge chunk of your cast, up to and including you.

20 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

qquwBco.png

A

UqsJgCj.png

Profited from, to boot.

Ahahahahahahahah! I knew it! He could not fail! Keep going, you magnificent man!

KL5UHZc.png

Hey, is that--

vSOkCoK.png: 5 POINTS!

UzzCQAU.png: ...you know, if the Fire Emblem OVA had gotten just  one more episode...

UzzCQAU.png: ...we would have gotten to see anime Matthis.

Actually, I'm not sure we would've. Not so soon, at least. The OVA was based on Mystery of the Emblem (hence, no Wrys), and Matthis (along with all of chapter 4) was gutted from book 1. He was then introduced back in book 2, at least, so he was luckier than Wrys, Darros, Beck, Roger and Jake.

26 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

IsKwvqO.png

...oh no. I didn't notice this guy.

This guy that can kill Ryan at his current HP level.

UzzCQAU.png: OPERATION: PANIC!

vSOkCoK.png: AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

UzzCQAU.png: AHHHHHH!

lBoucbJ.jpg: AHHHHHHHHHHHH--wait, what about Rescue?

Ue6eFEk.png: Oh, for Naga's sake...

Oh, good lord...

iKwT5m9.png

Ue6eFEk.png: He's dead. You can stop now.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...thanks, Palla.

Oh, okay. That's convenient.

Iak1mns.png

Luke gets an incredible level. I hardly care that it's not magic.

He really, really, really wants to kill people, doesn't he?

27 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

MYE1t2g.png

Huh...he does attack. Imagine if he had crit...

Either of them critting would've been a riot of laughs, no doubt. Funnily enough, he has a quote against Wendell where he says he will spare noone who sides with Merric, not even his master. Then Wendell gives him a verbal beatdown and he doubles back on that spectacularly.

28 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

v6YlTLI.png

Yeah, the apology's a bit late for Merric.

This works better if Merric lives, yeah. In fact, if they're all alive alongside Etzel, they get a really wholesome scene at the end of the game where Elrean heartfeltly apologizes to Merric. The man actually develops, which is all sorts of awesome. He's not Arran, but Elrean is still probably my favourite book 2 exclusive character.

30 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

HniJaOR.png

Not bad, but more Speed would be nice--

vSOkCoK.png: HA! See that, Palla? We. Are. Tied. And, soon, I'll overtake you!

Bah. You still have, uh...

...damn, he hasn't a single stat that's higher than Palla's.

31 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

qyWMgyP.png

why

Hwahahahahahah! Oh, FE12. You're great.

Well, too late for Merric, but I suppose this'd be a good time to reclass Etzel to Bishop. Either that or use Wendell just a bit longer.

32 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

IyISMNq.png

Oh, boy! It's the Viking Pirate and the Eyepatch Myrmidon!

You know, when you think about it, they're both pirates, one way or another.

Pirates or no, they have designs so godly that it's criminal that only Malice got artwork. And it already says a lot about Malice, that she's the only one of the old characters brought back for FE12 that got artwork. Everyone else? Doesn't matter if they came from BSFE or FE3!book 2, none of them got shit. The only other FE12 characters that got artwork were Kris and Katarina, and they're actually FE12 original characters, so it's only natural.

While on the subject, am I the only one who was disappointed that Three Houses has no official character artwork? Every single FE game except for FE11 and 12 had artwork for all of their characters. There were almost no characters without artwork. Even most of Archanea's guys had something from FE3, with only a few characters from BSFE left without. Then there's Three Houses, where there's the protagonists and that's literally it. You can count the characters who got in Heroes, if you want, but that's still such a tiny portion of the game's cast... and it's such a small cast, too! Even with the different post-timeskip designs for students, that still isn't as much as, say, FE6, and FE6 made artwork for everyone and then some major enemies and NPCs to boot! It wouldn't have been so hard!

35 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

sVM6OTu.png

James looks very suspicious.

Either that or he likes what he sees. I know I do.

Look, now it's me doing the lewd jokes! We've gone full circle, all!

36 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

E1O3i7N.png

The rumors that he's willing to hire mercenaries selling their services at a loss? I think this could have been handled more realistically if the actual gold was a down payment/initial fee of sorts, and the rest would be payed post game in back-pocket-royal-treasury money.

The point here is that these two are lousy mercenaries. I mean, they're both broke because Dice can't stop gambling it all away.

37 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

aQ5NzhT.png

On a scale of Yes to What Happened To Frey, how would you rate the decision to make Malice a Peg Knight for the Desert Level?

No. Keep her a Myrmidon. She loses stats and swords as a peggie, and will get killed by a Hunter when if you forget they exist. Movement isn't as important in Anri's Way as you'd think, for the most part you'll want your units to stick together to weather the storm of lightning-fast fliers. You'll require people who don't get doubled by Wyverns, and she'll fit the bill as a Myrm. Not so sure as a peggie.

38 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Oh, hey! You actually made it there! Congratulat--

Oh, you're going to die so hard in this chapter... you don't even have any promoted units...!

Well, on the bright side, there's the slightest chance that Horace will survive the chapter and you'll get to use him. He's one of the game's most boring characters... and one of Shadow Dragon's highlights. I know gaidens in SD are problematic, but the writing for Horace's whole chapter is, simply put, godly.

Horace:
“I…I do not know what to say.”

Nyna:
“I have claimed your life, Horace. You have no say. You shall fight for us…and you shall not die. I forbid it.”

Just... oh, they did him so little justice in this game...

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pirates or no, they have designs so godly that it's criminal that only Malice got artwork. And it already says a lot about Malice, that she's the only one of the old characters brought back for FE12 that got artwork. Everyone else? Doesn't matter if they came from BSFE or FE3!book 2, none of them got shit. The only other FE12 characters that got artwork were Kris and Katarina, and they're actually FE12 original characters, so it's only natural.

Then what about these?:

rody.pngluke.pngsirius.png

Point taken on the whole however.

Even most of Archanea's guys had something from FE3, with only a few characters from BSFE left without.

Not the best quality though, barring some laughs, right Jeorge?

Spoiler

Jorjue.jpg

Professional leg model?

Then there's Three Houses, where there's the protagonists and that's literally it. You can count the characters who got in Heroes, if you want, but that's still such a tiny portion of the game's cast... and it's such a small cast, too! Even with the different post-timeskip designs for students, that still isn't as much as, say, FE6, and FE6 made artwork for everyone and then some major enemies and NPCs to boot! It wouldn't have been so hard!

Wait, is this true? Why? FEs 4-10 could afford this, why can't FE have it now when its selling like overpriced and underflavored beer in springtime Panama City, Florida? Hell, Berwick Saga that blackest spinoff sheep had artwork for everyone playable, despite how ordinary it looks and was thus a waste of time.

Technically with Cipher and FEH, there is more "official" artwork than ever before. But I'm a stickler for artwork by the origin game's artist in the aesthetic style of the origin game when it exists and isn't FE1-4. That, is most spiritually aligned with the origin games and the characters at their origins.

P.S. What chapter are you on in TRS? I'm going to do some grinding for Attrom, Frau, Leonie, and maybe some others before heading to the Tower of Morse, I'm curious if I have a chance of beating you to the end, despite you having a massive head start. Assuming you didn't already finish and are just taking your time in posting the results.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then what about these?:

rody.pngluke.pngsirius.png

Point taken on the whole however. 

Oh, that's right! I'd completely forgotten about these three. They also got artwork, right. Still, it's only three out of how many?

Jorjue.jpg

This is glorious.

Wait, is this true? Why? FEs 4-10 could afford this, why can't FE have it now when its selling like overpriced and underflavored beer in springtime Panama City, Florida? Hell, Berwick Saga that blackest spinoff sheep had artwork for everyone playable, despite how ordinary it looks and was thus a waste of time.

Technically with Cipher and FEH, there is more "official" artwork than ever before. But I'm a stickler for artwork by the origin game's artist in the aesthetic style of the origin game when it exists and isn't FE1-4. That, is most spiritually aligned with the origin games and the characters at their origins.

As far as I've seen, there isn't a shred of official artwork anywhere on the internet. There's the three house leaders (both versions), Byleth and Sothis. Full stop.

I agree, I also enjoy official artwork, and it's a shame that this game barely has anything. I would've loved to see some of my favourite designs, like Hanneman, or--

Wait... did I read that right?

Hell, Berwick Saga that blackest spinoff sheep had artwork for everyone playable, despite how ordinary it looks and was thus a waste of time.

...so, uh... you just said that to Serenesforest's biggest Berwick Saga fanboy (as far as I'm concerned).

So, yeah. Take that back this instant. Or else I shall be forced to rant in all caps.

Anyway, jokes aside, completely agree with you on this one. Aside from the Berwick part, of course. There is nothing black about Berwick Saga. It's better than all of FE!

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...so, uh... you just said that to Serenesforest's biggest Berwick Saga fanboy (as far as I'm concerned).

So, yeah. Take that back this instant. Or else I shall be forced to rant in all caps.

*Points to badge*

I'm waiting for the Berwick Saga translation patch to be completed. I burn through FEs so fast, I'd splatter at the speed of light against the currently Chapter 12 wall of Hiragana/Kanji/Katakana if I tried play it now. I must have everything translated, minus tiny hiccups.

The hex movement, the near lack of doubling and restricted counterattacking, the modified turn system, the shields. A lot of Berwick Saga's radical differences seem intriguing from afar, and I want to experience them myself.

And while I won't walk back the Berwick artwork looking plain, I will say there are some characters from it who are visually very appealing to me.:

Spoiler

270?cb=20150822081822

Confident, strong, mature. Perhaps a little cocky if the old brief description of her on SF was right? I like Sylvis.

250?cb=20150711041236

At what Parisian cafe can I find this lady? She is beautiful without needing to show any skin. She's an animal lover right? That is always a good thing.

The nitpick with this is that is looks too modern an attire for faux-medieval. And she is supposed to a thief from the plains right? This pose doesn't express that very much.

But again, I love it, and hope I do like Czene when I finally get my chance to know her.

250?cb=20150822073125

Not to leave the men unmentioned, I do think Kramer looks good. Why? Because he says "Ogma Jr." to me.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, it's only three out of how many?

79 playable characters. Villains would add Eremiyah, Hardin, Gharnef, Legion, Clarisse, and maybe Lang to those who need artwork. So 85 people, and you might want to throw NPCs Gotoh and Jagen some art too.

New Mystery has the largest playable roster in all of FE. Radiant Dawn comes in second place at 72.

Smallest playable roster depends on criteria. NES Gaiden has the absolute smallest at 32. That number is even smaller in practice, because it is divided into two 16 member groups, and Celica can only have 15 b/c Deen vs. Sonya. Genealogy is 48 divided into two 24s (with Finn carrying over but a Iuchar/Iucharba divide), excluding the 14 Gen 2 subs too. I think 3H has tiny numbers sans stealing from other houses too.

Without a major team split, Sacred Stones is the smallest sans Creature Campaign at 33. 3H I heard is 34 counting only one sex of Byleth. Berwick Saga is 35.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Points to badge*

Now I feel completely stupid. I'm sorry, I see someone smack-talk Berwick and I just... go blind with fury!

I'm waiting for the Berwick Saga translation patch to be completed. I burn through FEs so fast, I'd splatter at the speed of light against the currently Chapter 12 wall of Hiragana/Kanji/Katakana if I tried play it now. I must have everything translated, minus tiny hiccups.

The hex movement, the near lack of doubling and restricted counterattacking, the modified turn system, the shields. A lot of Berwick Saga's radical differences seem intriguing from afar, and I want to experience them myself.

As someone who completely fell in love with the game as soon as I first played it, I may be a liiiiiiiiiiiiiittle biased, but I can say that, while some of the mechanics are kinda annoying, on the whole, they make for an absolute masterpiece of a SRPG.

Also, I admire your restraint. I couldn't stop myself, and when I hit chapter 10 (that was the end of the patch when I started), I wanted to cry. Berwick withdrawal still hurts even now.

Just... Aethin is doing the work of the gods, I swear.

And while I won't walk back the Berwick artwork looking plain, I will say there are some characters from it who are visually very appealing to me.:

Reveal hidden contents

Sylvys is awesome, probably my favourite female in the entire game (all the green and her being an awesome unit helps), although if Paramythis existed for longer than she does, she might give her a run for her money. Czene rocks, too, and yes, she does love animals. It's a pretty big part of the scenes with her. Kramer... never stood out to me that much, but as far as men go, there's Ward who beats everyone else for me.

I'll begrudgingly agree that the art is rather bland, but I'm quite fond of it, myself. I enjoy its simplicity.

I think 3H has tiny numbers sans stealing from other houses too. 

Without a major team split, Sacred Stones is the smallest sans Creature Campaign at 33. 3H I heard is 34 counting only one sex of Byleth. Berwick Saga is 35.

I counted them once, and if I recall correctly, 3H has 36 playable characters in total. Give or take one or two. Not to mention, there's like, two major characters outside of the playable cast that didn't get artwork? It'd have been so easy to give everyone art. I simply cannot understand how the likes of FE6, FE5, etc. could afford to do it, but this one couldn't. Here's hoping they release some at a later date.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh. I didn't notice he had a Killing Edge. Well, he can't one-shot even with a crit, and he should be fast enough--

Wait, this is Matthis.

NONOONONONONONNONO

YxTUwmV.png

...That was rather frightening.

Y0Nj5rY.gif: Don't you lecture me, Wendell! I have brought peace, freedom, peace, security, justice, peace, and free sand to Khadein!

E8a9cWw.png: You were the chosen one! You were supposed to fight Gharnef, not become him!

So Wendel is the Kenobi to Elrean's little orphan Annie. Does that make Merric Mace Windu?

Palla is so good in this game it is ridiculous.

Marth opens the final chest, and...

qyWMgyP.png

why

Oh Frey, if only this was the first chest instead of the last, perhaps you could have been saved.

9 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

UzzCQAU.png: Oh, but first, we have to deal with...

pVm5N0B.png: What is that music?

Ue6eFEk.png: Is that...electric piano?

UzzCQAU.pngWho am I?

UzzCQAU.png: Am I--not unique?

UzzCQAU.png: Maybe I'm not here at all

vSOkCoK.png: Are you...singing?

i46kfKM.png: Yup. He's singing.

UzzCQAU.png: WAKE UP--GET UP--GET OUT THERE!

UzzCQAU.png: RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAINST LIARS!

UzzCQAU.png: FEED YOUR ANGER LIKE FIRE!

pVm5N0B.png: Please stop.

UzzCQAU.png: WHY DOES NOBODY WANT CHANGE?

You know you are going to have to play Rivers in the Desert for the desert chapter now, but I guess you got to deal with Legion/Roro first. Good luck against the most RNG map in the game, as which of the three is the real boss is randomized, and the infinitely respawning Roro clones cannot be spawn blocked. Also preemptive vote for James to wear the mask

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I admire your restraint. I couldn't stop myself, and when I hit chapter 10 (that was the end of the patch when I started), I wanted to cry. Berwick withdrawal still hurts even now.

Just... Aethin is doing the work of the gods, I swear.

I am in the same boat as @Dayni, waiting for it to be complete to avoid the torturous withdrawals that would hit when I reached the end of the translated section, although I almost cracked back in late 2018  when there was that long hiatus that made me fear that would be the best we would get for a Berwick Saga Translation.

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

First, that's a good idea, but you can't ever have too many Cavaliers. Not to mention, Malice's ranks suit her best to become a Falcoknight upon promoting (she can main swords, and Falcoknight gives an instant D lance rank for javelins), whereas you'll find a couple of really solid lance Paladins or Dracoknights in Belf and Leiden. What I'm trying to tell you is, please use the jacket bois. They're great.

Well, I wasn't saying I wouldn't use them, just that they weren't my only hope for a Cavalier.

Second, no. Caeda does not want an Elysian Whip. Caeda's main weaknesses, in this game and the last both, are her strength and her pitiful bulk. Dracoknight fixes both. Falcoknight gives her useless swords.

pVm5N0B.png: Sorry, it's just...Falcoknight's a very special class, and my Caeda's a very special person...

lBoucbJ.jpgWas a very special person.

pVm5N0B.png: ...

pVm5N0B.pngI'LL KILL YOU!!

In all fairness, it says more about me than you that a complete newbie can come in blind and make it all the way to Gotoh's Bullshit Test with less deaths under his belt than a guy with multiple playthroughs of experience behind him.

No, no, you misunderstand. Your death total was 15 for the whole game.

Bah. You still have, uh...

...damn, he hasn't a single stat that's higher than Palla's.

Though, to be fair, Palla has 4 levels on him.

Well, too late for Merric, but I suppose this'd be a good time to reclass Etzel to Bishop. Either that or use Wendell just a bit longer.

...did you know that Etzel only has access to class set B, aka. the Male-Exclusive classes? 

Yeah, Obi-Wendell shall be used.

While on the subject, am I the only one who was disappointed that Three Houses has no official character artwork? Every single FE game except for FE11 and 12 had artwork for all of their characters. There were almost no characters without artwork. Even most of Archanea's guys had something from FE3, with only a few characters from BSFE left without. Then there's Three Houses, where there's the protagonists and that's literally it. You can count the characters who got in Heroes, if you want, but that's still such a tiny portion of the game's cast... and it's such a small cast, too! Even with the different post-timeskip designs for students, that still isn't as much as, say, FE6, and FE6 made artwork for everyone and then some major enemies and NPCs to boot! It wouldn't have been so hard!.

Honestly, I am rather disappointed. I love Three Houses, but it lacks quite a bit of the polish and extra stuff other games had.

...oh no, what if it doesn't get a 4Koma!?

Either that or he likes what he sees. I know I do.

Look, now it's me doing the lewd jokes! We've gone full circle, all!

Yeah, this crossed my mind, but I eschewed, seeing as James has eyes only for Linde.

Of course, when he has eyes...he has eyes.

No. Keep her a Myrmidon. She loses stats and swords as a peggie, and will get killed by a Hunter when if you forget they exist. Movement isn't as important in Anri's Way as you'd think, for the most part you'll want your units to stick together to weather the storm of lightning-fast fliers. You'll require people who don't get doubled by Wyverns, and she'll fit the bill as a Myrm. Not so sure as a peggie.

Duly noted.

Oh, hey! You actually made it there! Congratulat--

Oh, you're going to die so hard in this chapter... you don't even have any promoted units...!

Well, on the bright side, there's the slightest chance that Horace will survive the chapter and you'll get to use him. He's one of the game's most boring characters... and one of Shadow Dragon's highlights. I know gaidens in SD are problematic, but the writing for Horace's whole chapter is, simply put, godly.

Well, it can't be that bad, we have powerful mages and Swordfighters, we should be--

13 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good luck against the most RNG map in the game, as which of the three is the real boss is randomized, and the infinitely respawning Roro clones cannot be spawn blocked.

infinitely respawning Roro clones

UzzCQAU.png: Triceratops

E8eHlUG.png

You know, I was going to make an update, but I think Eltosian's comment speaks for itself.

UzzCQAU.png: You know, you could have told me about that; I would have skipped this paralogue.

UzzCQAU.png: So, this isn't really an update, so much as a "Attention Emblemers: James Wick needs your help" situation.

UzzCQAU.png: I need to get past this chapter if I want to finish the game, but at the same time:

UzzCQAU.png: So, I'm gonna need some help. Tips, strategies, anything that could be useful in completing this heckhole of a chapter.

lBoucbJ.jpg: Why not look up some online? Spare them the trouble?

UzzCQAU.png: That's cheating, Luke.

lBoucbJ.jpg: ...

ZKIUWLI.png

We could reclass Malice if we wanted to, but I'm not sure it's the best course of action. Those extra two points of Strength don't matter as much if you can double far fewer enemies.

75Ecfcd.png

Vy346Pd.png

Promoting Palla a bit early is an option. I don't think 3 levels on her is worth the deaths of everyone we bring to this chapter.

fwpe78U.png

Leaving this here. Just say the word.

UzzCQAU.png: Also, do we bother saving Horace? The Hammer Roros will just...murder him unless we Rescue or charge the enemy, neither of which I'm inclined to do.

UzzCQAU.png: School starts tomorrow for me, so...if you have an input, try to get it in by the weekend.

MtCAJHZ.png

UzzCQAU.png: If everything goes terribly wrong, we can always pick up with my side file.

25 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

UzzCQAU.png: School starts tomorrow for me, so...if you have an input, try to get it in by the weekend.

MtCAJHZ.png

UzzCQAU.png: If everything goes terribly wrong, we can always pick up with my side file.

Wow. You actually made a female Byleth that's prettier than the real female Byleth. Cheers, greatest English grammarian to ever walk Serenes Forest.

So here's the trick to know which of the Roros is the real deal. I hope I can explain it properly. Pressing L when holding the cursor over a unit scrolls to the next member of their army. Place the cursor over any enemy, and go through the entire enemy team: eventually, the cursor will snap back to one of the Roros in the upper row. The first Roro that is highlighted will be the real Roro.

I recommend using this to save time, but if you feel it's too cheaty, keep reading, I'll offer an alternative strategy below.

Promote Palla (holding off on promotions like you're doing is not a great idea anyway, level 17 is more than enough and you probably could've used that promotion last chapter when she kept on failing to one-round things), place her in the foremost starting position and send her ASAP to deal with the real Roro. Left or right would be ideal, but with flying movement, it shouldn't matter that much. Put her in the entrance to the middle chamber with a silver lance and cover the entrance with a unit, that way Palla and the other unit both will only take one attack this turn. Palla should be able to one-round the Roro in the chamber, freeing the way. She'll then be able to make it to the real deal in turn 2, and should be able to one-round him with the silver lance. If she can't, don't despair: the real Roro attacks before any of his clones, so she'll just have to survive, and I very much doubt Roro will be able to tank 4 hits from her silver lance. If you feel she needs more power, forge her something, but I really don't think she will.

Now, how will the army survive those 2 turns? Well, you could just send them all outside and Horace further inside his starting room, but if you don't want to use the trick I explained above, this has a significant chance to fail horribly. What I usually do is put all of my units in a row, so they each only take one attack per turn. The hammer Roros are not that strong against anything not named Horace, and most importantly, they're inaccurate, so just don't kill any Roros in turn one to avoid spawning devil axe clones and you'll be fine.

All in all, this is how the first turn should be looking like (just flip it if the right Roro is the objective):

28vq5gk1 o

With this strategy, you should get some experience with minimal risk, and get to keep Horace, a prepromote that you desperatedly need right now. Not to mention, if Palla kills a fake Roro, you can still buy time by unequipping all your weapons, leaving the hammer Roros alive to chip away at your wall of units.

Oh, and don't be afraid to reset if Palla dies to a crit or something. I wouldn't blame you, I don't think you can beat this without her.

50 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

MtCAJHZ.png

That won't be necessary, but can I just say that's hilarious?

I don't use the true Roro tracking technique, but Ruben has covered the gist of it, send your biggest baddest promoted unit (probably promoted Palla) to charge at the back 3 Roro, arrange your units so you only have to take one Roro hit, if you don't find him early you might have to start pulling units into Horace's room and chokepointing the door with your beefiest unit (and hopefully you had a healer that could survive the turn 1 Roro hit to keep them going and/or physic the boss slayer, or have a few vulnerary ready).

UzzCQAU.png: I just want to thank Ruben for the great plan. There's just two problems with it: first, the blocking strategy requires 8 units, and I get 7. Well, 7 and Horace.

UzzCQAU.png: Second---and I didn't realize this until the second go around---my Palla is not fast enough to double Roro.

qHckdpk.png

These are the lengths I've sunk to. Deinoychus you, chapter 10x.

By the way, how do people pronounce Roro's name? I say Roar-o, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people said Row-Row. Shame FEH called him Legion, and we'll never get an official answer...although, these are the guys who came up with "Camoo," so...

On 8/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, Goddess Serra said:

Wow. You actually made a female Byleth that's prettier than the real female Byleth.

pFXKTVz.jpg: HOW DARE YOU BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR EYES NEED SOME RECONSTRUCTIVE SWORD SURGERY, [CENSORED]!

UzzCQAU.png: Byleth? What happened to your quest to kill every last version of

pFXKTVz.jpg: I'm still on it, but my godlike powers include the ability to detect when people are talking [Censored] about me.

Battle, Redux:

Spoiler

fdGhqIi.png

First turn positions. Navarre will be acting as a human sacrifice.

NUYR8Fj.png

JEVHSQ0.png

Pleisiosaur, he can't even be sacrificed properly!

bGaYMnv.png

OvcuCpm.png

We nab some free exp...

xKVzlIc.png

PnFcuJf.png

(...thank you, Taurus)

FvjiaE2.png

...and finally finish this level.

RvddcH0.png

Exploitation of game mechanics.

vfnEdBV.png

2F46qxU.png

dKtf99U.png

bXukZGt.png

Rude.

pVm5N0B.png: We're all just puppets, aren't we? Dancing across the stage of life, beholden to whatever cruel fate the story has set for us...

UzzCQAU.png: Constructed of primarily carbon-based material...

HV4l4eA.png

Tpvqrzr.png

X3Y8LKk.png

EFk1An0.png

fH9a1lp.png

Sadly, I am beholden to the will of the people...

CTvuwSR.png

Now, female MUs get a cool sunglasses thing for a mask. Male ones, on the other hand...

Y5broxn.png

dqtp1qH.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

UzzCQAU.png: ...well, that was pretty short.

UzzCQAU.png: So, Linde...how was your date with James?

t3hlX1W.png: Oh! It was...nice.

lBoucbJ.jpg: By "nice," do you mean nice, or nice?

t3hlX1W.png: I mean nice.

lBoucbJ.jpg: Good for you two!

i46kfKM.png: What are you talking about?

vSOkCoK.png: Uh...goodnight, everybody!

Reset Counter: 4 (Marth--2, James--1, Slow Palla--1)

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey
My Dignity

first, the blocking strategy requires 8 units, and I get 7. Well, 7 and Horace.

Oh, right. I forgot that I always have trouble with that.

qHckdpk.png

These are the lengths I've sunk to. Deinoychus you, chapter 10x.

It's a fine investment. Even if it's a completely boring one. Everyone knows the most fun thing to do is give speedwings to Knights.

I say Roar-o, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people said Row-Row.

Roroo?

Nah, I call him Maskman That Does Masks Better Than Camus. Cam, ussssss.

HOW DARE YOU BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR EYES NEED SOME RECONSTRUCTIVE SWORD SURGERY, [CENSORED]!

Quite right, Byleth. Screw the haters, DSFE looks good and Malice is best waifu!

...you, on the other hand...

fdGhqIi.png

Ahhhh, drawing inspiration from the worst possible source, I see! Good, good. I am proud.

NUYR8Fj.png

JEVHSQ0.png

Pleisiosaur, he can't even be sacrificed properly

Son of a--

FvjiaE2.png

...and finally finish this level.

Woo Horace lives!

dqtp1qH.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Eh... never liked this one that much. Wouldn't go so far as to AAAAAA, tho.

UzzCQAU.png: So, Linde...how was your date with James?

t3hlX1W.png: Oh! It was...nice.

Oh, now this is low. Can we expect a Reader X Linde fanfic, now? It better contain a foot scene so it gets the IntSys seal of approval.

My Dignity

Yes, that's right.

I just want to thank Ruben for the great plan. There's just two problems with it: first, the blocking strategy requires 8 units, and I get 7. Well, 7 and Horace.

I think the blue dot directly behind Palla was placed there in error (I missed that it was there until you mentioned needing 8, and thinking, no its exactly 7)

pFXKTVz.jpg: HOW DARE YOU BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR EYES NEED SOME RECONSTRUCTIVE SWORD SURGERY, [CENSORED]!

F!Byleth would have looked very pretty if she had gotten her tattoos done at a professional parlor, and not the local prison yard.

UzzCQAU.png: Second---and I didn't realize this until the second go around---my Palla is not fast enough to double Roro.

qHckdpk.png

...Roro is really obnoxious to deal with isn't he. Much as Roro amuses me as a member of the assassins, both of his chapter are the ones I try my hardest to LTC, cause I do not want to deal with their

By the way, how do people pronounce Roro's name? I say Roar-o, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people said Row-Row. Shame FEH called him Legion, and we'll never get an official answer...although, these are the guys who came up with "Camoo," so...

I am also in the Roar-o camp

NUYR8Fj.png

Oh no, Navarre doesn't deserve this, even with all that edgy angst of his

JEVHSQ0.png

Pleisiosaur, he can't even be sacrificed properly! 

Well the game agreed with me at least, and spared him.

We nab some free exp...

xKVzlIc.png

PnFcuJf.png

(...thank you, Taurus)

Spinoaurus, she got crit by that monster...thank Taurus indead.

Now, female MUs get a cool sunglasses thing for a mask. Male ones, on the other hand...

Y5broxn.png

Yeah the FeMU got a far better mask. The Kris being concealed by a mask always made thematic sense to me, s/he is supposed to be the shadow whose deeds and face are long forgotten by history, and even concealed intentionally by Kris to strengthen the myth of Marth in the end.

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey
My Dignity

UzzCQAU.png: Yes! I managed to update---and according to schedule, to boot!

lBoucbJ.jpg: Wait, you have a schedule?

UzzCQAU.png: Uh, yeah? I play the maps on Saturday, and post on Sundays. What, did you think I just pumped out one of these whenever I felt up to it?

lBoucbJ.jpg: ...

On 8/31/2019 at 5:54 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Quite right, Byleth. Screw the haters, DSFE looks good and Malice is best waifu!

...you, on the other hand...

pFXKTVz.jpg: You know what? I'll let you live, since you have the decency to acknowledge the subjectivity of beauty.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:54 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, now this is low. Can we expect a Reader X Linde fanfic, now?

I'm sorry, I can't help it. It's the hormones. No, I don't have a crush on Linde

The fanfiction's probably a no-go. I'm a bit busy with my Edelgard x Dorothea Three Houses/Death Note/Code Geass fic.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:27 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

F!Byleth would have looked very pretty if she had gotten her tattoos done at a professional parlor, and not the local prison yard.

pFXKTVz.jpgHOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT---

pFXKTVz.jpg: *ahem* What I meant to say was, the stuff on my legs are intricately-designed pantyhose, not tattoos.

Image result for byleth dlc outfit

pFXKTVz.jpg: See?

UzzCQAU.png: Why were you wearing a school uniform?

pFXKTVz.jpg: I lost a bet.

UzzCQAU.png: ANYWAY! It's desert level time...you know what that means!

i46kfKM.png: What's with the guitar music?

Ue6eFEk.png: Dear Naga, not this again...

Y0Nj5rY.gif: I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, and irritating, and it gets in everywhere.

vSOkCoK.png: I don't think anyone likes sand, Elrean.

UzzCQAU.png; Now, I have been told that this chapter is grueling and difficult. So, not the most fun of times.

UzzCQAU.png: Some of you may die...

1yZS6NY.png

UzzCQAU.png: ...me included.

t3hlX1W.png: I'm pretty sure we established that you are not the James in our army---

UzzCQAU.png: BUT! We have tools the enemy doesn't. Palla! Mages!

EszJZYx.png

rvNTfli.png

UzzCQAU.png: Unlimited power!

UzzCQAU.png: I know we can do this...so sing it with me!

i46kfKM.pngvSOkCoK.pnglBoucbJ.jpgUzzCQAU.pngA RIVER IN A DRY LAND!

Spoiler

QBg6CdC.png

This will be a very cautious game. By cautious, I mean, "Palla kills all the wyverns."

MIPhZEP.png

Everyone else moves up.

z9UoA5D.png

It's a great opportunity to work on her axe rank.

L0c5gH0.png

And, her stats in general.

k3M65wS.png

After a quick heal, she continues her work on wyvern duty.

XZzOuLm.png

The rest all move up with caution.

QE4cPig.png

#UNECESSARYCRITICAL

QNfCKIH.png

OK, now it's time to attack.

1vCQ7Bt.png

Moving wyverns. Of course. Good thing we've got Palla.

FjKm3Jq.png

Speaking of Palla, she finds this. It's going straight to Linde, of course.

S7YtUGq.png

Huh, that was a lot of EXP for just a Heal--

UzzCQAU.png: LUKE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID?!

lBoucbJ.jpg: Uh, I healed Palla?

UzzCQAU.png: WITH PSYCHIC!

lBoucbJ.jpg: ...oh.

lBoucbJ.jpg: It's called "Physic," by the way.

UzzCQAU.png: Wait, really?

UVTNsFQ.png

l9BTwDh.png

In more pleasant news, Linde kills an Archer and gets a great level.

2TKH3gy.png

Wendell weakens the Killer Axe Man, gaining...

TzVO4aC.png

hwobBIB.png

Gordin takes the kill.

jpZdcZH.png

xgF3Rbq.png

The E-Mages tag team the other Fighter.

hwRZELD.png

Palla kills a wyvern, but you were probably hoping for new news.

LsgZj1V.png

Palla gets a good level, but see above.

HdiLhM3.png

Strategic use of a javelin to avoid counterattacks.

Rtuf7yP.png

Also, criticals.

BsGm58y.png

he ded

F1lOTTr.png

Look, I know this is kind of boring, but I'd rather make one of the harder chapters in the game a Palla-fest than cause unnecessary drama by engineering character deaths. Do I look like a Youtuber to you?

V5pSvB7.png

Criticals: the new Cancel skill!

KywTZ2r.png

I have nothing to say. It's Palla.

TuCwbtA.png

Oh, hey! Someone other than Palla kills a wyvern.

X1M6Uub.png

I...

You're supposed to be good, Etzel!

HS5GnJ9.png

Defensive positions!

3NqB0EY.png

5ShYEKZ.png

S6FNy1y.png

Our swordies are feeling dodgy today.

pVm5N0B.png: Never say "swordies" again.

ShdCVbK.png
More Etzelibur.

Exzalibur? Exzelalibur?

aIxvVXZ.png

Gordin picks off a Fighter...

Be8SqDW.png

Palla continues to bait wyverns...

xJL93A9.png

sDrR1Rt.png

James and Linde tag-team one...

yAuGCdE.png

Malice kills an archer...

YryEvvw.png

...and Elrean burns a man.

nyV3ANU.png

Breaking News: Nothing New Happening!

K1hTDIM.png

James sets off in search of the Speedwing.

cx8d526.png

I have nothing else to say about this.

a1UH69d.png

Wendell weakens a Fighter...

fwSZ75d.png

bqmu6er.png

...appropriate that the first use of Unlimited POWAH! is a crit.

7mebt4B.png

es9ZVnY.png

Etzel whittles down the archer for Linde.

k037V9F.png

Once again, very good!

cbdD33C.png

Speedwing get! I'll probably give this to Gordin--though Malice or CavaLuke could use it, as well.

x3wx6z9.png

UzzCQAU.png: LUKE! YOU DID IT AGAIN!

lBoucbJ.jpg: I'm sorry! It's the one I'm holding; I just default to it!

G1bvtHH.png

Gah, I need to let out some aggression. Palla! Kill that guy!

Ue6eFEk.png: Maybe. Will you let me out of this bunny outfit.

UzzCQAU.png: Uh...I don't think so...

Ue6eFEk.png: You are a despicable lump of a man.

UzzCQAU.png: Just because I accidentally set your dresser on fire?!

Ue6eFEk.png: ...oh.

GRdUitm.png

Palla gets a level. It's OK. That Speed cap is...ridiculously low, though.

RCd4a8U.png

o61Byn5.png

The Hunter goes down like a sack of wet bricks.

ZenqBoM.png

Excellent! Linde will take this as well.

CEdqe0E.png

zKOjhoY.png

More teacher/student tag team!

AQd9R1o.png

A good level, but those stats are still subpar.

aLym3mj.png

Palla.

2DD3hNU.png

Wendell will go out to fetch the Energy Drop, or whatever's in the right corner.

IJbEA7J.png

Palla.

uDbjueS.png

More sword for Malice!

t0gkBpe.png

1cc8Dk0.png

Palla.

izL7VY2.png

Palla.

pVm5N0B.png: Say "Palla" one more time and I turn your insides out.

UzzCQAU.png: ...somehow, you figured out the cutest way to threaten someone with disembowelment.

r3GztYX.png

biXGBGU.png

When I first played FE7, I got a lot of use out of Erk, Canas, and Lucius. Since they were all Mages of some sort, I had a little prepubescent imagination world of them being a superhero team: the "Mystical Magical Magesquad," with Priscilla being the side female character that really deserves more attention. You know the one.

Yep, they're back. Now with five members.

lBoucbJ.jpg: Memebers.

UzzCQAU.png: This is why you're not in it.

5hcMivo.png

Linde takes on the problematic Killer Bow....

...oh.

One point, Linde. One point.

v4vRbwv.png

Etzel is safe even from a crit, but he can kill Elrean or Linde if he gets lucky. Look, I'm sorry to say this, buddy, but...Linde's worth more than you. Better stats, and has quite a bit of added value for being the tactician's love interest. Not to say you aren't good, but...

Oh, triceratops, look at me. I'm trying to explain to a video game character why I'd prefer to risk his life instead of another.

3ge1OIH.png

He didn't crit! The Star Wars jokes live on!

GiMNMiw.png

.allaP

pVm5N0B.png: Cheater.

tCoYzxy.png

Pali-A.

dcml0Pu.png

Ah, the Falcoknight-inator! I won't be delving into the implications of giving Malice a Whip.

UzzCQAU.png: I can't help it, it's the hormones. 

t5TaCog.png

Speaking of Malice, she gets a kill.

X3bjr0C.png

And a good level! Double digit strength!

7Ir5woD.png

HE DID IT AGAIN

VGUkEML.png

OJ2SHyS.png

maMCvPf.png

We mop things up...

tQlARXZ.png

Etzel gets a level....much better than last time.

aBMzkek.png

...and Palla gets the kill because who else?

GXn4GsO.png

pVm5N0B.png: I HAVE WANTED TO KILL YOU FOR SO LONG

pVm5N0B.png: CHOOSE YOUR NEXT WORDS CAREFULLY YOU USELESS DRACONIC LOLI

8uo3IDP.png

pVm5N0B.png: Oh, Xane. Everything I said still applies.

Reset Counter: 5 (Marth--2. James--2. Slow Palla--1)

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey
My Dignity
Jake*

*Abandoned

19 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

pFXKTVz.jpgHOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT---

pFXKTVz.jpg: *ahem* What I meant to say was, the stuff on my legs are intricately-designed pantyhose, not tattoos.

Image result for byleth dlc outfit

pFXKTVz.jpg: See?

...Huh, too bad Japan forced her into fetish wear to reveal that.

UzzCQAU.png: ANYWAY! It's desert level time...you know what that means!

It might be the horrible flashbacks to the first time I played this map speaking, but this is the perfect music for the first part of dragon Herrerasaurus. The other two (or three I guess) are difficult as well, but the impossibly high move of the wyverns, combined with move restrictions in the desert always made this one feel much worse.

21 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Y0Nj5rY.gif: I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, and irritating, and it gets in everywhere. 

I am far more amused by this reference from Little orphan Elrean than I should be.

23 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

1yZS6NY.png

...Ouch, those vicious wyvern claim their first kill. Could be worse all things considered seeing as Linde is very close to that bloodbath.

23 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

This will be a very cautious game. By cautious, I mean, "Palla kills all the wyverns."

A solid strategy to be sure, but there are a few that move in large enough groups that you will need others to tank/kill one.

UzzCQAU.png: LUKE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID?!

lBoucbJ.jpg: Uh, I healed Palla?

UzzCQAU.png: WITH PSYCHIC!

lBoucbJ.jpg: ...oh.

lBoucbJ.jpg: It's called "Physic," by the way.

Could be worse, the secret shop of chapter 13 lets you get some more, and chapters 15 and 16 give you one each as well.

More Etzelibur.

Exzalibur? Exzelalibur?

Etzcalibur

29 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Palla gets a level. It's OK. That Speed cap is...ridiculously low, though.

It really is, and even Falcon knights only get a cap of 26. Its not a huge deal in hard, but on higher difficulties those speed caps become severe hindrances.

34 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

GXn4GsO.png

That's the kinda murderous attitude that earns you Shadow Dragon chapter 24x. Also she isn't useless, get her a few levels and she does alright, plus you get her a mage dragon stone, and that immunity to magic damage is a great way to lure Gharnef and his particularly murderous retinue in this game.

57 minutes ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Reset Counter: 5 (Marth--2. James--2. Slow Palla--1)

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey
My Dignity
Jake*

*Abandoned 

Wow that James death was the only one. Good job, seems Palla kept this from being a massacre. Interesting that you didn't take out Jake, but I guess you didn't go after his wife's secret shop either.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:29 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

The fanfiction's probably a no-go. I'm a bit busy with my Edelgard x Dorothea Three Houses/Death Note/Code Geass fic.

All I can say is, it better feature Leon as Lloyd. Or, just Lloyd. All I'm saying is that, if it's Code Geass, it had best have the best character in the series.

rvNTfli.png

UzzCQAU.png: Unlimited power!

More prequel memes? A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

FjKm3Jq.png

Speaking of Palla, she finds this. It's going straight to Linde, of course

But Luke has no magic!

...which is why, yes, Linde. Or Etzel. Etzel would be better, frankly. It'd give him better staffing abilities while he's the only real healer, more reliability with the magical nukes, and compensate for his high base level, which Linde doesn't suffer from. But again, hormones.

Which only comes to prove that you have not seen his official artwork. Guy somehow has a better figure than half the females in Archanea - and that does include Linde. I'm just saying, it's an objective fact.

Look, I know this is kind of boring, but I'd rather make one of the harder chapters in the game a Palla-fest than cause unnecessary drama by engineering character deaths. Do I look like a Youtuber to you?

No complaints, we'll already have plenty of drama by the time Gotoh is done putting you through arbitrary tests.

ShdCVbK.png
More Etzelibur.

Exzalibur? Exzelalibur

What Eltosian said feels most natural to me.

AQd9R1o.png

A good level, but those stats are still subpar

9 defense on a Mage is subpar? You clearly have no ironman experience. 2 luck is subpar. 9 defense makes him awesome.

v4vRbwv.png

Etzel is safe even from a crit, but he can kill Elrean or Linde if he gets lucky. Look, I'm sorry to say this, buddy, but...Linde's worth more than you. Better stats, and has quite a bit of added value for being the tactician's love interest. Not to say you aren't good, but...

Oh, triceratops, look at me. I'm trying to explain to a video game character why I'd prefer to risk his life instead of another

Linde will die to a stray Wyvern. Just saying. That defense will be her undoing one day. Or not, because Nosferatu. Why an I even arguing this? I like her as well as Elrean. Bottom line, glad noone died. Here's to more deathless days.

My only question now is, why? Why let this happen?

dcml0Pu.png

Ah, the Falcoknight-inator! I won't be delving into the implications of giving Malice a Whip.

Well, I will, in the privacy of my bed sheets.

...I... Did just type that, didn't I? I could probably go back and delete it, but I am Spanish. I've bullfighting to watch and paella to eat before my siesta.

X3bjr0C.png

And a good level! Double digit strength!

She seriously should've been a Mercenary. The biggest missed opportunity in this game. Eh, but it doesn't matter. Even as a Merc, her optimal promotion would've been Falcoknight.

Also, strength. A most beautiful woman.

tQlARXZ.png

Etzel gets a level....much better than last time

There's my Etzel.

That's... Oddly aggresive, against the sweetest girl in Archanea. She isn't even sexualized, like future dragon lolies. What is there to hate here? I do not get it.

8uo3IDP.png

No, it still does not! Calm down, Marthipan, you're turning into Dimitri and that isn't good. For you.

So, I missed you starting this. I apologise.

Anyways, time to respond to the whole LP. I'm explaining myself in the response to Rubenio's, I bet most everyone will see it there. 😛

On 7/29/2019 at 5:50 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

oM4WwOk.png

What do you mean, "the task was unworthy?!"

It means Cancer here didn't want to do it himself because he was lazy.

On 7/30/2019 at 2:16 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Eine and Kleine!

Reese and Clarisse are an option.

X2lTbkv.jpg: Actually, her name is Clarisse.

UzzCQAU.png: But...the new hit comedy sitcom!

X2lTbkv.jpg: If you call her Kleine, you have to call me Rody.

I don't see any downsides.

snwyCkX.png

Unfortunately, it seems to have been too little, too late to save our Curate friend...

Yeah, it's actually tough in Hard to do it.

I barely got to him with the party I used.

g94vZgE.jpg: ...Maybe, slightly?

QbtkZwr.png: If you dye your hair blue, I'll consider it.

UzzCQAU.png: Luuu-uuke! I found a razor!

It's a trap.

Also  just go for Frey, he's pretended to be Marth before.

t3hlX1W.png3GNXhGe.jpgJUZ93a8.jpgi46kfKM.pngg94vZgE.jpg: WE ARE!!

UzzCQAU.png: Now, who wants to help me shave Luke's head?

t3hlX1W.png3GNXhGe.jpgJUZ93a8.jpgi46kfKM.pngg94vZgE.jpg: WE ARE!!

g94vZgE.jpg....... Wait.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:04 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

7QvEjws.png

He ends up killing himself, of course.

All the twists of the Devil Sword thief.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:04 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

bDfHZIy.png: ...shave his head.

ilEe1n9.png: See? We even think alike.

I could see these two finishing each other's sandwiches.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

dTZc2vb.png

Language, sir! I don't know why, but fan translations of FE games always seem to trend towards vulgarity.

I think it's because of a sense of not having to feel as restricted in their use of langage to help differenciate characters.

Go too far and you get Tales of Phantasia.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

5O2JzTF.png

The other one still hits, though. Even still, he can take an attack from each of them and still live at one HP. Arran's a beast.

JUZ93a8.jpg: Thank you- *cough*

UzzCQAU.png: Are you OK?

JUZ93a8.jpg: Yes...it's called "Incurable Cough of Death." I only have a few months to live.

UzzCQAU.png: Oh...I thought it was asthma.

It could be that the Asthma's fucked with him enough that it could develop into something terminal.

Maybe.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Hey...what if we retreated? Then, we could fight the Knights on our own terms, without worrying about the Ballistas?

JUZ93a8.jpg: Technically, the plural is Ballistae.

UzzCQAU.png: Is it, though?

'Tis.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

ilEe1n9.png: Stop it, stop it! What do you think you’re doing? You can't say everyone's got a magic growth when everyone has NOT got a magic growth! 

ilEe1n9.png: We're going to get nasty letters from the GBA characters saying "Where's my magic growth? Why don't I have a magic growth?"

ilEe1n9.png: Are you prepared to deal with that? I don't think so. STOP. BEING. SO. SILLY.

I mean, I don't think they'd hear about it.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:54 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Uh, after I made the last update, I forgot to put it in spoilers, and it wouldn't let me edit it. ...Is one of the mods able to help out?

Cancer must have eaten away at it.

On 8/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

UzzCQAU.png: This isn't a favorable scenario. I have a plan that might work, but...

UzzCQAU.png: ...Frey might die.

bi2pprw.png: ...really?

Jagen did this to him before. He knows how this goes.

UzzCQAU.png: Of course, even in the worst-case scenario...Frey is probably our only casualty. The question is...are you willing to do it?

bi2pprw.png: ...I once sacrificed myself for my country and Prince. I'm willing to do it again.

UzzCQAU.png: Thank you.

Of course he's still too noble to object.

SMACK RYAN ALL YOU WANT, YOU CAN'T KILL HIM!!

5Xkx2E3.png

YOU ONLY MAKE THE MYM-RYAN-DON STRONGER!

This version came to mind, not sure why.

olbteVq.png

WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS LUCK?!

Ogma heard you needed his expertise.

...and Linde snatches the kill.

HnwPKuH.pngL5ZFmjq.pngABo7Mky.png

More speed!

So Linde killed Cancer?

On 8/8/2019 at 8:10 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

fRyNwde.pngzRsiwQK.png

Is it, though?

I mean, they could turn around the way they came that's still pretty open though.

Didn't think of that eh?

At least Radd had a cool name and a cute portrait.

xJ7QvEn.png

Caesar needs an LP to make him relevant.

I'm not going to be that brave soul, but someone should.

Then Marth seizes. Archaeopteryx this chapter.

That it was essentially useless in the second half?

On 8/12/2019 at 6:02 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

tN7aXM9.png

NO!

And so a good flier died.

Least she didn't get to see Marth/Caeda on the throne.

tfYaMvJ.png

TRICERATOPS! DIPLODOCUS! APATOSAURUS! STYRACHIOSAURUS! PTERODACTYL! PARASAUROLOPHUS!

ORANGE JUICE!!!

UzzCQAU.png: Dear T-Rex...it's like Awakening with better map design.

I mean, I sure hope this isn't a woman-killing LP.

W7YBnUU.png

UzzCQAU.png: OK, I'm done.

So am I I guess.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:51 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

SzZzOFn.png

Byeeeeee Feenaaaa

Fucking jinxed, this run is.

Especially after losing Scorpio. (aka my sign aka best sign?)

30UAPzL.pngJM0Tb8z.png

UzzCQAU.png: ...does anyone have a gun?

Breidablik?

ZPgCgOe.png

Goooood.

le4M8ts.png

Also very good. Yay, actual Magic!

Least some units still want to keep going.

pLJ5zA1.png

With that, we seize and move on to the next chapter--

ilEe1n9.png: No.

UzzCQAU.png: No?

ilEe1n9.png: No.

I mean, he seizes, so if he's not bothered......

Astram: You'd die.

ilEe1n9.png: And I would welcome that death.

r/absolutelynotmeirl

apQP262.png

pVm5N0B.png: We have a country to burn.

Nope, sorry, lost the joke.

On 8/15/2019 at 4:21 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Cain, meanwhile, goes after the Starshard Thief. Yes, I know we locked ourselves out of the good ending, but Strength +2 is good, if only for the next 6 chapters...

Also, did you know that you only unlock General Arran the Male Class set merger if you get the True Ending?

Yeah...

That's a restartable offence if I've ever heard one!

Ue6eFEk.png: Hmm...I think I know what holding me back!

Ue6eFEk.pngWHOEVER'S RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE EASTER BANNERS!!

Nonsense.

She's really helpful in AR.

rH8yJ4Z.png

Nice.

Frey's going to save the run?

11dfXdT.png

Look at it this way. Would you rather it be Castor, or Matthis?

Maybe still Matthis.

...you know, when I was playing this map, I was thinking, "Why is this considered so hard? It's not that much worse than the last." Then, this happened.

0Uxmlqe.png

Certainly I'd prefer to lose Gordin more.

This, on the other hand? This was me utilizing a strategy that failed because of of a ridiculous upturn I had no way of knowing. Besides looking it up, but I try to keep that to a minimum.

5LeIAD9.png

Castor and Gordin get to live, and I can go into the level knowing about the moving heroes before they spring that cheap shot on me, and actually have a chance of winning the chapter.

Surprise, eh?

On 8/16/2019 at 5:27 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

1gSzD2h.png

Perfect.

Good job.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:59 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

cpo6ELa.png

James picks off the Dracoknight, gaining a beautiful level.

qypSNj0.png

(Decent level. Speed is good)

Least someone's trying in that desert.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:37 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

So...I do this.

Merric died smh.

P6JjGSN.png

So it is like the original!

Shame we'll likely never see this again.

8izBW6O.png

Tl5b0mJ.png

AND HE FAILS

XirrQ1y.png

FREY!

NO!

On 8/26/2019 at 3:55 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

YxTUwmV.png

Just something I'm noticing.

Matthis has the Fenimism.

It's spelt wrong.

That just seems like the way it'd be.

Image result for fire emblem yoder portrait: Envy leads to anger. Anger leads to wrath. Wrath leads to suffering. And suffering...leads to the dark side.

Why Wrath? It's hate in the quote and we know Elrean has lots of that.

E1O3i7N.png

But it's a joke see?

She's always asking for less that she should!

On 8/31/2019 at 7:34 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

lBoucbJ.jpg: Good for you two!

i46kfKM.png: What are you talking about?

vSOkCoK.png: Uh...goodnight, everybody!

That's a dark turn when her and Merric didn't work out.

Because he wanted to be Marth's brother-in-law.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

1yZS6NY.png

UzzCQAU.pngAND THAT IS A SACRIFICE I LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE

On 9/8/2019 at 7:29 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

8uo3IDP.png

Including the Loli part?

On 9/12/2019 at 5:37 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

All I can say is, it better feature Leon as Lloyd. Or, just Lloyd. All I'm saying is that, if it's Code Geass, it had best have the best character in the series.

UzzCQAU.png: ...

UzzCQAU.pngWho's going to tell him the only non-FE characters are Ryuk and C.C?

All jokes aside, I'm glad to see another Lloyd fan on here! I like to watch Anime muted, and imagine the characters' voices for myself, and you know who Lloyd sounds like? Claude.

pVm5N0B.png: What about the other characters?

UzzCQAU.png: C.C's Lysithea, Suzaku's Alm, and Lelouch is Me Doing A British Accent.

But Luke has no magic!

...which is why, yes, Linde. Or Etzel. Etzel would be better, frankly. It'd give him better staffing abilities while he's the only real healer, more reliability with the magical nukes, and compensate for his high base level, which Linde doesn't suffer from. But again, hormones.

t3hlX1W.png: He's got a point. It's not as if I can one-round anything, anyway.

9 defense on a Mage is subpar? You clearly have no ironman experience. 2 luck is subpar. 9 defense makes him awesome.

As I have said before, I not only have never played this game, but the only Ironmans (Ironmen?) I have done are for the later games, with their massively inflated stats.

She seriously should've been a Mercenary. The biggest missed opportunity in this game. Eh, but it doesn't matter. Even as a Merc, her optimal promotion would've been Falcoknight.

I'm pretty sure she was a Mercenary, but they realized last-minute that class is arbitrarily male-only and switched it.

That's... Oddly aggressive, against the sweetest girl in Archanea. She isn't even sexualized, like future dragon lolies. What is there to hate here? I do not get it.

UzzCQAU.png: Nah, I like Tiki. Marth does too, actually.

pVm5N0B.png: I apologize for my outburst. I had sand in my shoes, and was confronted with carefree happiness. Not a great combination.

vSOkCoK.png: I don't like sand. It's neither comfy, nor easy to wear.

UzzCQAU.png: What the pter---

Battle, Part 1:

Spoiler

iAJTnTo.png

We start by making Wendell a Bishop, for Physicing purposes. "But what of Luke?" you may ask.

BBJz2ut.png

43WKtpA.png

tcgZPQ4.png

...he has discovered true power.

SR0vBxn.png

Gordin gets a feather in his cap.

ioBDfny.png

Etzel takes drugs, as suggested...

kqdsPjE.png

Dc8Eppy.png

Dice gets a starshard and learns to read.

lWG48Oa.png

Finally, his daughter buffs up a little.

fcES3vE.png

The team for today.

oGp8rgX.png

nCEQdUL.png

Oh, and our friendly neighborhood viking gets a shiny new toy. Can you guess the reference? (Hint: it's Veggietales.)

BOIl0WU.png

The battle begins with Horace baiting out the dragons. Why Horace, you ask? I forgot about doubling.

kYtBwnK.png

I do not trust you forts in the slightest.

TZfaD8w.png

Ow

Zlped6D.png

Gordin attacks with the Killer Bow, but sadly fails to kill.

X2DHKTU.png

Dice picks him off.

ZxETc44.png

Qpzdx9v.png

The other dragon is tag-teamed by Elrakin and Palla.

XF2T06V.png

Nice! Double-digit magic!

fXrtimT.png

Good, but still average.

smyYXCd.png

Everyone else moves up.

XrPmflV.png

Don't worry--the Wyverns can only attack Palla.

e8rVBj9.png

Which they do.

oEcbE8n.png

Lately, she's been doing nothing but killing Dragons while riding a Dragon. Palla's whole life is just...dragons.

l5ww0KZ.png

Oh, and this exact level, over and over again.

fY1Wyli.png

X2n5YFm.png

Gordin weakens the last Wyvern, getting...

*sigh*

vfP0SBO.png

Oh, I almost forgot: Darros is here. We'll be recruiting him, for the sake of not fighting this promoted unit, but he probably won't get much use. His stats are probably as good or worse than Dice if we promoted him right now.

...hmmm.

zNMRR99.png

Ryan picks up after his older brother.

JwZsToo.png

Meh.

iJuuE68.png

mlq3jKE.png

Dice gets a kill, and the third bad level in a row.

3GGXeNN.png

Moving...

7IumBqy.png

Called it! I called it, you Protosauring Pteradons!

Cy2fth8.png

olFxjK2.png

Gordin once again uses the Killer Bow, which fails at its one job.

MvZSirL.png

Elrean gives this Dragon a taste of his Unlimited POWAH, and Ryan...

63Q0rRm.png

TP5Eu7n.png

Gemini, stat!

adW7F0c.png

Perfection.

4XRN5Pn.png

Less than perfection. Of course, Strength means you could argue the streak is broken.

H0H4lbq.png

Recruit!

xlAa100.png

For his first, and likely only, action as a member of our army, Darros weakens a dragon.

IvOuOLc.png

3IGdMhO.png

Malice picks him off, getting a great level.

NGNTO5f.png

Luke chips away at the Swordmaster. He can't kill, even with the counterattack, so he should be safe from the Dragon--

94Czowy.png

UzzCQAU.png: LUKE! YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO KILL THAT ONE!

lBoucbJ.jpg: HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?!

UzzCQAU.png: DO YOU WANNA GO BACK TO BEING A CLERIC?!

lBoucbJ.jpg: IS THAT A THREAT? BECAUSE I DON'T MIND AT ALL!

XZfS109.png

Palla moves up to protect our prince.

EOUFBSb.png

HE DODGED! LUKE, YOU ABSOLUTE BALD LEGEND!

NORB1jl.png

Good thing, too; this would have killed him.

9nDf6ha.png

The Devil Axe, sadly, fails to backfire.

OJ5brxw.png

Gordin weakens---

Sj470vC.png

eYpx3yQ.png

OK, now that you're not using a weapon designed solely for the sake of getting crits, you crit. Right.

vSOkCoK.png: Hey, I don't choose where the dice land. I just sleep in it.

UzzCQAU.png: What the pter---

i46kfKM.png: Gordin, what did I tell you about using arbitrary mixed metaphors?

vSOkCoK.png: "Stop it; you're confusing James?"

FFKkvxr.png

Anyway, Palla kills the other dragon.

zJCHfeM.png

Huh. Darros gets some more use, after all.

YVJejpi.png

Malice finishes him off.

kEJWRJt.png

OH, COME ON!

m2LuILA.png

OH, COME ON!

XEFoLsq.png

Well, at least Horace lives---

M2VU4qK.png

PDTde9Q.png

Hey, at least Malice lives!

duhQ6GG.png

Now, our position is a delicate one. We have to make the best use out of every tool we have.

1N0THr1.png

t7hqm5m.png

p59dLwC.png

t6z4Gps.png

bO0zFvK.png

There. The tomahawk Fighter can neither double nor one-shot anyone, so we should be fine.

gqH5QQ2.png

Vymwjki.png

UE7nZzC.png

qHC5LUh.png

njXEzJG.png

There. We were in a pretty bad situation,  but we managed---

CfjsZ9z.png

5wuo2bu.png

nz0Z3xM.png

She's north a ways. Goodbye, last dedicated axe user.

ryXKUNr.png

Palla, sadly, lacks the dedication to be a true axe user.

Also, did you know that Dracoknight is the only Female-available class in these games that can use axes?

RfCBf8C.png

Etzel Eztcaliburs.

QQ9CkGf.png

Luke swords.

gv4Pj33.png

Palla sits and contemplates life.

gxevB3z.png

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Z8yGhd8.png

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

lOrgfxw.png

WHY

WHY

NGuazhS.png

LOOK, RANDOMLY SETTING EVERYTHING IS ONE THING, BUT AMBUSH REINFORCEMENTS?

chUjnI8.png

THESE PUNKS ARE THE FAKEST DIFFICULTY IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE. THESE GUYS ARE THE REASON THE EXALT AND THE KING WAS MY LEAST FAVORITE CHAPTER IN ALL OF FIRE EMBLEM UP UNTIL NOW.

HkU4HIT.png

No, this Mustafar-At symbol Dollar Sign Dollar Sign map takes the spot. I AM SALTIER THAN A LARGE FRY FROM MCDONALDS; TRUST ME, I KNOW HOW SALTY THAT IS. I'M AMERICAN.

0ZXIiUf.png

u5oP2Wb.png

i46kfKM.png: Brother, no!

vSOkCoK.png: Don't delete my 100% completion LEGO Star Wars save file...

puAtNAd.png

OikE3sW.png

OK, this is just rubbing insulting salt into the injury.

NAZxA2H.png

On the bright side, I don't think Marth can get out of this situation alive, and I can try this deplorable level again.

t1mz6y5.png

Yup.

KNPiOe7.png

xoqTWbq.png

Yes, what of Al?

qepVc6S.png

Anyway, I need a break. See y'all next week. 

Reset Counter: 6 (Marth--3. James--2. Slow Palla--1)

DEATH COUNTER:

Wrys
Samto
Caesar
Radd
Catria
Caeda
Cecille
Feena
Arran
Roger

Bantu*
Minerva*
Barst
Merric
Frey
My Dignity
Jake*

*Abandoned 

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Matthis has the Fenimism.

I also apparently fucked it up.

Feminism, jeez why'd I do that?

oEcbE8n.png

Lately, she's been doing nothing but killing Dragons while riding a Dragon. Palla's whole life is just...dragons.

So is she secretly from Berk all along?

m2LuILA.png

OH, COME ON!

Darros: He tried to be a pirate and ended up in fire.

Well, at least Horace lives---

M2VU4qK.png

Mr. No Speed living would have been the real surprise, sorry.

CfjsZ9z.png5wuo2bu.pngnz0Z3xM.png

She's north a ways. Goodbye, last dedicated axe user.

Guess he got snake eyes, poor man.

NGuazhS.png

LOOK, RANDOMLY SETTING EVERYTHING IS ONE THING, BUT AMBUSH REINFORCEMENTS?

This map right now.

chUjnI8.png

THESE PUNKS ARE THE FAKEST DIFFICULTY IN THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE. THESE GUYS ARE THE REASON THE EXALT AND THE KING WAS MY LEAST FAVORITE CHAPTER IN ALL OF FIRE EMBLEM UP UNTIL NOW.

Wow.

I wouldn't rank that anywhere near the bottom 10.

HkU4HIT.png

No, this Mustafar-At symbol Dollar Sign Dollar Sign map takes the spot. I AM SALTIER THAN A LARGE FRY FROM MCDONALDS; TRUST ME, I KNOW HOW SALTY THAT IS. I'M AMERICAN.

I can see why this might though.

Poor man. In one LP he had to have Pretzel for a son, in this he had to die on fire.

u5oP2Wb.png

i46kfKM.png: Brother, no!

vSOkCoK.png: Don't delete my 100% completion LEGO Star Wars save file...

Gordin just turns into a force ghost after this then?

On the bright side, I don't think Marth can get out of this situation alive, and I can try this deplorable level again.

t1mz6y5.png

This map is a bitch.

I do remember this being like "MOVE MOVE MOVE!", from what I've read.