So..I've been looking at characters growth rates and..I'm quite surprised on how abysmal most of his growths are (his ''good growths'' take a 40% and the others are on 10%-30%), specially in Str(20%).

I've thought all this time that he was going to be the villager of 3H, meaning that he would get insane growths but bad bases. Does he got a skill similar to Aptitude or something?

(Again, like always, keep this free of spoilers or put spoiler tags)

His personal skill is aptitude which increases his growths by 20%. His growths are still fairly average tho even with that

He gets the personal skill Aptitude, which boosts his growths by 20%, making them as follows:

HP: 55%; Str: 40%; Mag: 35%; Dex: 60%; Spd: 60%; Lck: 50%; Def: 30%; Res: 30%; Chm: 35%

Still not quite that amazing to me, but good HP and offensive stats is always nice. He also is weak in Reason and Faith, so that Magic growth doesn't do anything besides make him better with magic weapons. 

Edited by StriderSean

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

His personal skill is aptitude which increases his growths by 20%. His growths are still fairly average tho even with that

4 minutes ago, StriderSean said:

He gets the personal skill Aptitude, which boosts his growths by 20%, making them as follows:

HP: 55%; Str: 40%; Mag: 35%; Dex: 60%; Spd: 60%; Lck: 50%; Def: 30%; Res: 30%; Chm: 35%

Still not quite that amazing to me, but good HP and offensive stats is always nice. He also is weak in Reason and Faith, so that Magic growth doesn't do anything besides make him better with magic weapons. 

Ah, I see. I was afraid of him getting only a +10% Aptitude bonus (which would only leave him at crappy 30% Str, for example). His growths still indeed pretty average, but his 60% Dex/Spd (specially speed) should be pretty good places for classes that gives him negative growths, such as the Cavalier-Path or Knight-Path. 

• 1 month later...

His defenses are rather low for a frontline unit. He makes a pretty good archer though. 40% STR, 60% dex, and 60% speed growths are pretty good. He won't be the best in any class you give him but hes a decent replacement for any student that gets stat screwed which is pretty common given the somewhat low growth rates in this game.

4 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

His defenses are rather low for a frontline unit

Defense is super easy to fix. Set your defense to 12 by becoming an Armored Knight ASAP (only needs C Axe + D Armor). From there on out, 55% HP / 30% Def / 30% Res growth is on par with Edelgard (40 / 35 / 35), Petra (45 / 30 / 15), Felix (45 / 30 / 20), Ingrid (40 / 30 / 40), and Hilda (50 / 35/ 20).

Cyril's base stats seems like a temporary problem when Armored Knight (12 Def), Brigand (10 Str)... and maybe even Thief (C Swords, but sets 11 Dex / 11 Speed). Fortress Knight (17 Def) at level 20 would be nice but requires a big investment into armor.

EDIT:

Cyril joins with C+ Axe and C-Bows. Its quite possible for him to get E+ Heavy Armor for a 65%+ of getting the Armored Knight certification for 12-Def at level 10 (+5 Defense).

Edited by dragontamer

..One of my posts getting attention after 1.5 months?! Well, this is kinda of new!

Anyway, what I wanted to share is that..Cyril growths (with aptitude, for god's sake) aren't bad at all for what he excels at(..bows).

I can't give much details because..Well, I still don't own a Three Houses copy (*cof cof* but I got a good feeling about today). In terms of growths, he bests the ''main-archers'' of every house (Ashe, Ignatz and Bernadetta) as he beats them in every single stat aside from Luck (Ignatz) and Resistance (Ignatz/Ashe)..for a 5%. Of course, he doesn't completely outclass them,as all he does is taking a 5%/10% advantage while coming later, with worst stats (?), bad p.skill and..no being of Holy Blood (I actually forgot what's the name of those things that Edelgard seems to hate so much)? His caps also aren't bad at all comparing to the other guys, so he should do good in terms of Late-Game Stat-Wise.

I would normally research more before making a response, but..I'm not at my best spare-time moment right now. Sorry.