Edelgard is getting a Figma!

Azz

So today it was revealed that Edelgard will be getting a figma by Good Smiles

Link

This is the same company that gave us the Lucina and Corrin figmas, the Tharja, Cordelia and Camilla statuettes and the Marth, Caeda, Corrin, Elise and Sakura nendoroids.

Hopefully Dimitri and Claude also get figmas!

Yeah, if Edelgard gets one, the guys each deserve one too. Not everyone favors Edelgard. I like her, but Claude is my favorite...

Though figmas are so expensive anyway...

yeah, let's not fool ourselves

she's the only one getting a figma, and another female character's gonna get another quite pricey static figure, and nothing else

Yeah, it's not a coincidence that their only FE figmas are female characters. Don't hold your breath for Claude or Dimitri. F!Byleth or whatever other female character gets popular is all I can see happening.

I don't get why only females have gotten figmas. That's really not fair at all. In fact, it's super shitty and basically a fuck you to the super popular males and their fans. 😕

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't get why only females have gotten figmas. That's really not fair at all. In fact, it's super shitty and basically a fuck you to the super popular males and their fans. 😕

Right? I would love to know the sales difference between male and female figures.

13 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Right? I would love to know the sales difference between male and female figures.

Especially between the most popular males and females. I have no doubt an Ike figma would sell like crazy. He is possibly the most popular FE character period. I know I would pay the expensive price for him, especially if it was RD Ike! Though it would surely be PoR Ike instead because he's liked a bit more. But maybe we'd get figmas of both too, who knows?

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

well, i can only guess that IntSys somehow knows that female characters sell more than male characters (to put it in a non vulgar way)

surely a few male characters will get chibi figures or something like that, but definitely not figmas nor pricey static figures

i mean, look at heroes: it's clear that IntSys thinks cute girls/waifus sell more than handsome boys/husbandos

unfair? super shitty? i can't really say (i can't say i agree with IntSys either tbh), but this is just how things are, and i think we can do pretty much nothing to change this

Edited by Yexin

10 minutes ago, Yexin said:

well, i can only guess that IntSys somehow knows that female characters sell more than male characters (to put it in a non vulgar way)

surely a few male characters will get chibi figures or something like that, but definitely not figmas nor pricey static figures

i mean, look at heroes: it's clear that IntSys thinks cute girls/waifus sell more than handsome boys/husbandos

unfair? super shitty? i can't really say (i can't say i agree with IntSys either tbh), but this is just how things are, and i think we can do pretty much nothing to change this

Why would a female sell more if she's not actually as popular as a certain male though? It makes no sense.

"Oh, Ike is more popular than Camilla, but Camilla would sell more anyway because she's a woman with big boobs."

Where is the logic here? (I'm pretty sure Ike is more popular than her too, given how high he's scored in several FE popularity-related things. He was first place in a Famitsu poll, first place for males in CYL as well as having the highest combined vote total there, and he and Camilla faced off in a Heroes gauntlet too, and Ike's team was bigger by far.)

I'm not as into chibi as I am realistic figures. I'd rather have a realistic Ike figma.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, if Edelgard gets one, the guys each deserve one too. Not everyone favors Edelgard. I like her, but Claude is my favorite...

Probably not a figma, but hey, it's actually completely possible that all three of them got Nendoroids eventually xD

Just now, Troykv said:

Probably not a figma, but hey, it's actually completely possible that all three of them got Nendoroids eventually xD

No thanks. I prefer figmas. Chibis can be cute, but I just prefer the more realistic figmas.

Unfortunately, no characters I like enough have gotten a figma.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would a female sell more if she's not actually as popular as a certain male though? It makes no sense.

"Oh, Ike is more popular than Camilla, but Camilla would sell more anyway because she's a woman with big boobs."

Where is the logic here? (I'm pretty sure Ike is more popular than her too, given how high he's scored in several FE popularity-related things. He was first place in a Famitsu poll, first place for males in CYL as well as having the highest combined vote total there, and he and Camilla faced off in a Heroes gauntlet too, and Ike's team was bigger by far.)

I'm not as into chibi as I am realistic figures. I'd rather have a realistic Ike figma.

don't ask me why IntSys' guys do what they do, i don't work for them

talking about 3H, personal preferences aside, they probably agreed with GS company to make an edelgard figma months ago, and since she's undoubtedly the most pushed character of the game, it honestly only makes sense for them to push her even more wih a dedicated figma, despite how much people can dislike this (me being one of them)

i don't know what sells more between vagina or penis, probably no one knows for sure, and maybe neither IntSyd does

this is... literally just what they ususally do, there's no point in complaining about this (here in particular)

either every single person on this planet stops buying figmas representing female characters, or nothing will change

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Think about the type of person that shells out a ton of money for merchandise in Japan and ask this question again.

Any appeal to other audiences is a mere coincidence, these things are being made for the otaku crowd exclusively because that group will buy every figma they make as long as it's waifu material. Even as someone who loves Edelgard and hardly cares about the other two lords at all I know they're not trying to get my money with this choice.

1 hour ago, Arachnofiend said:

Think about the type of person that shells out a ton of money for merchandise in Japan and ask this question again.

Any appeal to other audiences is a mere coincidence, these things are being made for the otaku crowd exclusively because that group will buy every figma they make as long as it's waifu material. Even as someone who loves Edelgard and hardly cares about the other two lords at all I know they're not trying to get my money with this choice.

Got any proof/evidence that only otaku people buy them? I'd buy an Ike figma and I highly doubt I could be called an otaku.

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

don't ask me why IntSys' guys do what they do, i don't work for them

talking about 3H, personal preferences aside, they probably agreed with GS company to make an edelgard figma months ago, and since she's undoubtedly the most pushed character of the game, it honestly only makes sense for them to push her even more wih a dedicated figma, despite how much people can dislike this (me being one of them)

i don't know what sells more between vagina or penis, probably no one knows for sure, and maybe neither IntSyd does

this is... literally just what they ususally do, there's no point in complaining about this (here in particular)

either every single person on this planet stops buying figmas representing female characters, or nothing will change

Sigh... You're probably right, sadly.

oof. I saw it coming. I was thinking the other day how cool it would be if they dropped figmas for all.of them specially their time skip designs. Not holding my breath on Claude and Dimitri though. If the company wants more money I'd do all three because serious I'd drop the money for them.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Because of the kinds of people who actually buy these.

Among Fire Emblem fans, yeah, you can say Ike is more popular than Camilla. But among the people who buy figmas in Japan, and especially at the time the Camilla figma was released, it's a no-brainer that a Camilla figma would sell better than an Ike figma.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

figmas have gotten more expensive these last few years and quality isn’t quite the same as it used to be. 

I’d like a Dimitri or Bernadetta figma. 

36 minutes ago, Florete said:

Because of the kinds of people who actually buy these.

Among Fire Emblem fans, yeah, you can say Ike is more popular than Camilla. But among the people who buy figmas in Japan, and especially at the time the Camilla figma was released, it's a no-brainer that a Camilla figma would sell better than an Ike figma.

Well, that sucks. >_>

Those people sound gross though. They just like big boobs and vaginas? Ew.

That... that was REALLY fast. I'm not usually a collector (aside from that Fate/Prototype Arthur Nendoroid) but I'll be curious to see if they add the other lords. I'm personally hoping for an Ashe figma though it isn't likely.

Yeah, don't get your hopes up for Dimitri and Claude figures. FE has rather bad record with male ones: they either aren't made and when they are made they don't sell that well. Marth nendoroid was shelfwarming for a long time and people weren't super eager to buy him even when he went on sale. I don't remember much about Chrom chara-forme sales but the figure has some issues.

Heck yeah, that's awesome. I haven't liked the other characters they've done enough to buy one. I love Tharja, but that one is too sexualized . . . Anyways, these are ridiculously expensive though. We'll see how much for me to decide to buy it. So far Edelgard is my favorite Three Houses character.

Good Smiles favor the girls always... is the same with Pokemon, most of the figures girls 😞

Ufff, no Good Smiles, if you want my money gimme Dimitri! And Gladion from Pokémon