Felix MVP here. Who's yours?

Anyone playing BL or recruited Felix? My guantlet strat is working wonderfully so far. He has +5 dmg from personal, +2 str from fighter mastery, and +6 str from brigand when initiating combat. +13 damage x4 due to brave and this doesn't include Crest procs! He dumpsters everything he comes in contact with. Have you found a sweet build on your file?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Petra, but i also got Felix cause he is really easy to get and he is toe to toe with Petra.

High speed growth rate units are just so good, cause with a class with good strenght/speed growths, they become beasts.

Wyvern Petra has like 28 speed and 26+ strength (with +2 from Brigand) at lvl 23 and she is a flyer. Brutal.

Edited by Nio

I'll probably recruit her then. I've not been impressed with the combat performance of a few of the BLs. Dimitri, Felix, and Mercedes (not stellar combat but physic is great) are the stars, while everyone else is utility or falling behind.

Edited by Centh

Leonie's been kicking ass for me. Her base stats started out above the other kids, and her speed shot up high enough to double the enemies that only Byleth could be expected to. Definitely using her long term, all the other of my kids either get doubled or die in two hits on these first chapters of Hard mode.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Leonie's been kicking ass for me. Her base stats started out above the other kids, and her speed shot up high enough to double the enemies that only Byleth could be expected to. Definitely using her long term, all the other of my kids either get doubled or die in two hits on these first chapters of Hard mode.

Same here! I'm playing on Normal, though, but she's great nonetheless!

My Fortress Knight Hilda has been wrecking everything. They get -8 weight, which essentially means +8 speed, so they aren't nearly as slow as you would think. High Damage, takes no damage, and fast. They really did armor knights right in this game.

The Stride Gambit is honestly just broken too, so it enables a low move unit like Armor Knights to still be viable.

Edited by IzzyFresh

Mine has also been Felix without a battalion, but honestly Dedue has been amazing too. I gave him a sword for accuracy early on, threw him down the myrmidon line, and abused his personal skill to take 0 damage on EP and then deal massive damage on retaliation, sometimes even doubling in return, even on Hard Mode. I also trained his flying rank since the very beginning, and he's getting ready to become a wyvern rider. So excited!

BL, Mercedes. She's been amazing resistance wall, killing mages as well taking 0 damage from them,  and even taking physical hits very well. Excellent mix of Offense and Healing, she's easily the highest leveled in my army. 

Annette and Mercedes are both doing really well for me.  Felix is also one of the only RNG blessed characters I have.  My Byleth didn't get a single level up with more than 2 stats until level 6, and has gotten only 2 stats all but 2-3 levels.

Outside of Byleth, my girls are pretty amazing. Hilda, Lysithea, and Marianne are all powerhouses.

Hilda was good from the get go and pretty much carried my ass in the mock battle but once I unlocked Marianne's and Lysithea's budding talent they both started doing loads of damage too with their newly acquired skills.

It's a shame females don't have a good infantry physical master class outside of mortal savant because Hilda really appreciates quadding fools with her fists.

Lord dedue is an immovable wall of justice. literally just walk somewhere and wait,
ill wait for someone who can hurt him (besides mages they don't count)

Dedue, Annette and Mercedes have all been stars so far; however, Felix has had some amazing stat growths and critical hit rates. Just need him to level up a little more!

My Byleth is pretty strong, but I'm finding Hilda to be an absolute champ, especially early game. She has high STR, decent hit and the Crest of Gonerile, which I initially thought would be pretty lackluster, is actually solid. Her personal is also surprisingly good, especially early on. 3 damage may not sound like a lot, but it adds up fast overall.

Missed targets, only 1 to 3 stats up when leveling up...my Felix was so bad in the early game that I ended up not using him a lot. 
I'm proud of my Ingrid who has amazing growth and can surprisingly crit. hit quite often. Maybe it's just luck, but still.
Also my recruited Raphael who can take Giant Birds by himself with a wooden training weapon😁 Toe to toe with Dedue, too bad his resistance sucks.

I would have to say Edelgard, since she deals a lot of damage and takes so few, and also Byleth of course. 

Apart from that: Hubert is super great, he learns such interesting spells that have different range, and he has a great Mag stat to complement. I can rely on him any time. 

I'm surprised a lot of people are saying Petra. I love her but to me she is not my greatest unit, she is fast but her Str is not amazing so she cannot kill much enemies even if attacking twice 😢

Edited by Kyan Surr

On 7/26/2019 at 1:04 PM, Nio said:

Petra, but i also got Felix cause he is really easy to get and he is toe to toe with Petra.

High speed growth rate units are just so good, cause with a class with good strenght/speed growths, they become beasts.

Wyvern Petra has like 28 speed and 26+ strength (with +2 from Brigand) at lvl 23 and she is a flyer. Brutal.

Yeah Wyvern Petra is so amazing!!!!

Hilda is also very powerful for me definitely working on her as as Wyvern Rider she complements it perfectly!

Lysithea is pretty much the best mage in the game(not surprising) an absolute nuke, amazing growths that's she pretty much value, highly accurate, her major crest effect is pretty overkill from her already high magic stat, maxes out her important skill levels in magic incredibly fast from her personal skill and once I get her relic equipment GG!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I chose Blue Lions for Felix. Edgy swordsman never disappoints me in any game, and this is no exception.

Aside from him, there's Byleth whose seemingly RNG blessed and Dimitri