Male Byleth's VA removed and replaced after admitting to sexual harassment

Dragoncat

On 7/31/2019 at 1:23 AM, eclipse said:

Which is still moot for those that don't get the patch.  Or those that don't have their Switch connected to the Internet.  I applaud the effort, but a truly final solution would involve recalling every single physical copy and replacing it. . .which still wouldn't be enough to scrub every single copy of it ("nah, I'm gonna keep this one").  So someone, somewhere will still have Niosi's voice as Byleth.  And what would be ironic is that such a copy would be seen as a collector's item.

Well, I imagine that to the people affected directly by Niosi it’s completely irrelevant if others choose to update or not. At the end of the day what matters is that choosing not to update would prevent you from using any Online features or future DLC the game adds, and the (very few) people who don’t have their Switches connected online likely aren’t even aware of the situation. 

55 minutes ago, Jave said:

Well, I imagine that to the people affected directly by Niosi it’s completely irrelevant if others choose to update or not. At the end of the day what matters is that choosing not to update would prevent you from using any Online features or future DLC the game adds, and the (very few) people who don’t have their Switches connected online likely aren’t even aware of the situation. 

My game systems aren't connected, yet I'm well aware of the issue.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My game systems aren't connected, yet I'm well aware of the issue.

I mean that’s fine and all, but are you planning to never update the game when a major update hits? 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

I mean that’s fine and all, but are you planning to never update the game when a major update hits? 

Probably not.  Because it means that I'd have to connect to the Internet. . .which I'd rather not.

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, eclipse said:

Probably not.  Because it means that I'd have to connect to the Internet. . .which I'd rather not.

Hopefully this isn't necroposting. Legit curious as to why you don't want your switch online? I can understand not wanting the DLC and all but the only reason I can think of to not want your switch online is for doing hacks.

22 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Hopefully this isn't necroposting. Legit curious as to why you don't want your switch online? I can understand not wanting the DLC and all but the only reason I can think of to not want your switch online is for doing hacks.

*checks last post on the first page*

You're good!

I set up my wireless network to be as obnoxious to connect to as possible, for reasons I don't want to disclose in public.

Since it's relevant to VAs being bad, I think it's also worth noting that there miiiiiight be another controversial VA in the form of Todd Haberkorn in the game. He only voices a one-off enemy NPC who dies in the same map you meet him, but for those who don't remember, he's also Joshua, Luthier, and Morgan in past games.

I bring this up because in the middle of the whole Vic Mignogna insanity that was happening, Todd apparently had an incident of at least sexual assault on one of the many women accusing Vic (not one of the defendants in Vic's case, to be clear). Seems she called out a VA without naming them, and Todd accidentally exposed himself with a response on Facebook defending himself that he deleted afterwards and someone else he named in that response came to the woman's defense. Apparently he was also supposed to get the same lawyer Vic got for his lawsuit (BTW, Vic lost all the charges and is presumably on appeals, so no points for whoever can guess how bad said lawyer screwed things up), but nothing really came of that since it was announced in March...by an infamously malevolent grifter.

This probably won't affect the game since the role is so small and is for a bad guy, but still worth noting. Todd's voice is still in Heroes and he is still credited, so presumably the localization team doesn't know.

• 4 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 10:33 AM, NoirCore said:

Since it's relevant to VAs being bad, I think it's also worth noting that there miiiiiight be another controversial VA in the form of Todd Haberkorn in the game. He only voices a one-off enemy NPC who dies in the same map you meet him, but for those who don't remember, he's also Joshua, Luthier, and Morgan in past games.

I bring this up because in the middle of the whole Vic Mignogna insanity that was happening, Todd apparently had an incident of at least sexual assault on one of the many women accusing Vic (not one of the defendants in Vic's case, to be clear). Seems she called out a VA without naming them, and Todd accidentally exposed himself with a response on Facebook defending himself that he deleted afterwards and someone else he named in that response came to the woman's defense. Apparently he was also supposed to get the same lawyer Vic got for his lawsuit (BTW, Vic lost all the charges and is presumably on appeals, so no points for whoever can guess how bad said lawyer screwed things up), but nothing really came of that since it was announced in March...by an infamously malevolent grifter.

This probably won't affect the game since the role is so small and is for a bad guy, but still worth noting. Todd's voice is still in Heroes and he is still credited, so presumably the localization team doesn't know.

I looked him up. Metodey, huh. Well he appears in Cindered Shadows too, so that might affect things or not.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, Dragoncat said:

I looked him up. Metodey, huh. Well he appears in Cindered Shadows too, so that might affect things or not.

Doesn't look like there was any outcry for Todd after the DLC, either. Metodey's a small role no one really remembers (even in the context of the DLC), so I doubt that would spark as much outcry as Niosi did being one of the main characters.

I wish this could get brought to light again, but sadly it'd be tough. Best chance I could think of is Todd plays a big role in a popular game series, and even then that'd be awkward for said series since not only would they get embroiled in controversy, but it could also stir up Vic's fans again due to their overlap with supporting Todd, and those fans are NOT a pretty bunch with their track record of harassing accusers.