Sign in to follow this  
Dragoncat

Male Byleth's VA removed and replaced after admitting to sexual harassment

On 7/31/2019 at 1:23 AM, eclipse said:

Which is still moot for those that don't get the patch.  Or those that don't have their Switch connected to the Internet.  I applaud the effort, but a truly final solution would involve recalling every single physical copy and replacing it. . .which still wouldn't be enough to scrub every single copy of it ("nah, I'm gonna keep this one").  So someone, somewhere will still have Niosi's voice as Byleth.  And what would be ironic is that such a copy would be seen as a collector's item.

Well, I imagine that to the people affected directly by Niosi it’s completely irrelevant if others choose to update or not. At the end of the day what matters is that choosing not to update would prevent you from using any Online features or future DLC the game adds, and the (very few) people who don’t have their Switches connected online likely aren’t even aware of the situation. 

55 minutes ago, Jave said:

Well, I imagine that to the people affected directly by Niosi it’s completely irrelevant if others choose to update or not. At the end of the day what matters is that choosing not to update would prevent you from using any Online features or future DLC the game adds, and the (very few) people who don’t have their Switches connected online likely aren’t even aware of the situation. 

My game systems aren't connected, yet I'm well aware of the issue.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My game systems aren't connected, yet I'm well aware of the issue.

I mean that’s fine and all, but are you planning to never update the game when a major update hits? 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

I mean that’s fine and all, but are you planning to never update the game when a major update hits? 

Probably not.  Because it means that I'd have to connect to the Internet. . .which I'd rather not.

On 8/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, eclipse said:

Probably not.  Because it means that I'd have to connect to the Internet. . .which I'd rather not.

Hopefully this isn't necroposting. Legit curious as to why you don't want your switch online? I can understand not wanting the DLC and all but the only reason I can think of to not want your switch online is for doing hacks.