Question about recruitment (maybe spoilers)

Seeing as how you need certain stats to recruit units, is there a way to improve byleths magic stat? It isn't very good. Currently trying to recruit marienne but she requires high mag. I just want to know if it's worth investment into, or if that 35% mag growth is code for "why you bothering?"

4 hours ago, EmblemWitch said:

Seeing as how you need certain stats to recruit units, is there a way to improve byleths magic stat? It isn't very good. Currently trying to recruit marienne but she requires high mag. I just want to know if it's worth investment into, or if that 35% mag growth is code for "why you bothering?"

Someone postet on the Recrutement Thread that you can (supposedly) recruit anyone that legible with a B-rank support (like, take tea time with them etc).
They will refuse you, when you ask them but come to you themselfs and ask to join later. At least the OP (linked below) could confirm this to happen 2 times on his game  (with Marianne + Ingrid) despite having not having met the recuirements (even having E-Rank).

Full post can be found here (just click on the arrow on the right or the quote):

58 minutes ago, Volcano said:

if you B-rank support with someone  they might ask you themselves on a random day to join your class even if you don't meet the requirements.

Edited by Arynee
added link

Try raising support with her, i got Marianne with just D in riding and 9 MAG, i did had a B support with her.

Support is very important, i think just getting a C helps ALOT, with support C i think you only need D in skill,i can also get Ingrid( D in flying), Mercie(D in bows) and i think Ann( D in faith)  but iam waiting until they promote into intermideate classes.

I wanted to wait until Marie gets inter class, but she came to me herself and asked to join BE.

Edited by User name